Forums / Discussion / General

232,889 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Bazooka Joe goes AWOL

Last posted Dec 02, 2012 at 02:20AM EST. Added Dec 01, 2012 at 10:46AM EST
5 posts from 3 users

The makers of Bazooka Joe are getting rid of the comic strip and changing the package design. So they are killing the brand and starting over. Personally, I think they have a distribution problem; I cannot recall the last the last time I saw Bazooka Joe for sale anywhere.

Here is a set of their comics for the uninitiated.

Via Fark.

Since there's only so much to be said about bubble gum and bad comics, and the Farkers have already said most of it, let's make this thread about dying brands and products that you hate to see go. Or those that you like to see go and will miss making fun of. Or questionable marketing decisions in general. Difficulty: no Twinkies.

Here's another dying brand: Nintendo Power has ended. It used to be the best place to get maps, cheat codes, and walkthroughs for those puzzles where you had to read the developer's mind, as well as information on what new games were coming out and whether they were worth getting. Internet forums and map/walkthrough websites have made it irrelevant except for marketing, and they decided it wasn't worth keeping. Via MeFi.

Last edited Dec 02, 2012 at 12:13AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!