Forums / Discussion / General

168,616 total conversations in 5,401 threads

+ New Thread

Anime General: Proud to be made before Penis Length General

Last posted Dec 28, 2012 at 11:02PM EST. Added Dec 20, 2012 at 11:30PM EST
24 posts from 19 users

>That feel when your Anime General has been forgotten

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:05AM EST

Just started watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Literally, I’m watching it on Hulu waiting for the trailer to finish. Supposedly it’s way better than the original anime and follows the Manga more closely, which I’ve heard has an excellent story. Looking forward to it.

Mushi-shi is a good show, I recommend it to people that like slower paced storylines, drama, and supernatural stuff.

Obligatory Gurren Lagann mention.

Chobits was okay, bit too much fanservice for my taste, but a good show overall.

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya… I hope it gets continued. Great story, looking forward to more.

Spice and Wolf is awesome, BUT OH GOD PLEASE OH PLEASE MAKE A SEASON THREE PLEEEEEASE!!! I WANT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

Dec 21, 2012 at 01:52AM EST

I’ve heard about WataMote getting an anime. That’s great,because this way,I can catch up with the story faster.

Have you guys heard of Chikan Otoko? It’s a manga -- drawn by the same guy who drew Onani Master Kurosawa -- about a true story that was posted in 2ch. It’s kinda like Densha Otoko,so if you liked Densha Otoko,you should read that.

I’m currently waiting for Saint Young Men OVA next year. If you guys don’t know,Saint Young Men is a manga about Jesus Christ and Gautama Buddha transforming into mortal human and vacationing on earth while retaining their original appearance. TL;DR: Comical slice of life hijinks with Jesus and Buddha.

Dec 21, 2012 at 08:23AM EST

Fullmetal Alchemist is tremendous on the whole. I started watching it on Adult Swim, and subsequently started watching episodes through Hulu. It really is an exceptionally produced and designed series by and large. If you haven’t yet seen it, I recommend it.

As of right now, I’m watching both Cowboy Bebop and The Big O, but I’m just starting both of them. If anybody has seen either one, would you care to share some counsel or recommendations?

(I’m starting them so late because I’ve been caught up in Bleach, which if you haven’t seen, I’d also highly recommend.)

Dec 21, 2012 at 09:55AM EST

Never much been into anime, but I finished watching Oban Star racers a little while ago. Watched some of Android 009, but have yet to finish (I’m watching the newest english dubs). After that I’ll be watching the Big O as well as Evan. Full Metal Alchemist I might watch, I never saw a beginning to that so I was totally lost when I saw it on AS.

Might re-watch Yu-Yu Hakusho for fun, and then rewatching all of the Dragon Ball series would be tons of awesome.

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:26AM EST

Evan Hechenbach wrote:

Fullmetal Alchemist is tremendous on the whole. I started watching it on Adult Swim, and subsequently started watching episodes through Hulu. It really is an exceptionally produced and designed series by and large. If you haven’t yet seen it, I recommend it.

As of right now, I’m watching both Cowboy Bebop and The Big O, but I’m just starting both of them. If anybody has seen either one, would you care to share some counsel or recommendations?

(I’m starting them so late because I’ve been caught up in Bleach, which if you haven’t seen, I’d also highly recommend.)

I’d recommend Outlaw Star if you liked Bebop. It’s not as good, and its first few episodes are definitely its best, but it’s a heck of a ride. Also, Trigun is worth watching if you’ve never seen it. Most of the anime I watch comes from Toonami, so I could also tell you that Samurai 7 is pretty good.

If you haven’t seen FLCL yet, don’t wait. Watch the dub, too. (you’ve already seen Bebop, so I felt the need to suggest my other favorite.)

Has anyone ever seen Eureka 7? I enjoy it well enough to make it my computer background, but I can’t quite figure it out. What did you guys think of it of you’ve seen it?

Also, I’ve been thinking of watching Mawaru Penguindrum. All the reviews of it I’ve read speak very highly of it, but I’m kinda hesitant to watch. Anybody seen it and want to comment?

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:02AM EST

Anyone know where I can watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood online for free? I don’t look forward to staying up late enough to watch it on TV (nor do I want to wait to watch it in order), Hulu only has the first 4 episodes dubbed, and Netflix starts at “part 3: episode 1” which I assume means season 3.

Any suggestions?

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:25PM EST

There hasn’t been much new anime to gain my interest in recent years…just a veritable sea of Moe and borderline hentai so all I watch is One Piece.

FMA is good though as is Spice and Wolf.

Dec 23, 2012 at 11:35PM EST

I would give a suggestion, but not many recent anime I watched has caught my attention for more than a couple episodes. Much of it is generic Harem, and I am all Harem’d out to be honest.

I intend on watching the first two Madoka Movies on Wednesday, and afterwards getting the new Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure and watching that.

And the rest of the Tales of Symphonia OVA’s and Negima OVA’s.

Dec 25, 2012 at 01:22AM EST

This is my favorite:

The end was a tearjerker, I tell ya.

Dec 25, 2012 at 08:35AM EST

The only anime I’ve watched recently was the original Lupin the 3rd series on DVD.

It was pretty awesome, actually. I kept myself interested by only watching an episode a day. It really does get you pumped for the next one.

I’m really behind the times.

Dec 25, 2012 at 10:05AM EST

I just watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and by god… this is probably the best anime I have ever seen. Not even kidding. I love it!

And this is the face of pure evil:

Last edited Dec 27, 2012 at 05:06AM EST
Dec 27, 2012 at 05:04AM EST

Also.
Guilty Crown has a great soundtrack.

Not to be confused with Guilty Gear
Dec 27, 2012 at 12:12PM EST

Fuck your thread, I wanted to discuss penis length. (._.)

Dec 27, 2012 at 07:45PM EST

量子 Meme wrote:

Death Note has been suggested to me.

What do, guys?

>rape.
Or you could jus’ try it out. ._.

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:32AM EST

Death Note is really good, and the English Dub Version is really good and spot on. So DO IT.

Dec 28, 2012 at 01:46AM EST

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Death Note is really good, and the English Dub Version is really good and spot on. So DO IT.

Dec 28, 2012 at 01:28PM EST

Obligatory Boku no Pico mention.
Also, anyone who wants a good comedy, I’d recommend Ouran Highschool Host Club. It’s pretty funny.

Dec 28, 2012 at 02:14PM EST

Unfortunately, I’m very poorly versed in anime. The only anime I’ve seen is the entirety of FMA (the regular), a couple of Cowboy Bebop episodes, and the first season of Death Note (and a good bit of Naruto, but let’s forget about that).

While I didn’t enjoy the more upbeat moments of FMA, I really liked the darker moments of the series. And I thoroughly liked Death Note, but I got a virus from the website I was watching it on, so I stopped. I can’t really comment on CB since I’ve seen so little of it, but it was fairly entertaining. People tell me I really need to see Stein’s Gate, but where I can do that is a mystery.

With all that in mind, if you want to pass me some recommendations, I might check them out if I have the time. However, I’m probably going to hate any anime with schoolgirls or an excessive amount of that head-growing business.

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:02PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!