Forums / Discussion / General

232,887 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Favorite threads?

Last posted Jan 10, 2013 at 06:17PM EST. Added Dec 23, 2012 at 12:47PM EST
35 posts from 28 users

It is palpable that this topic has been brought to light and deliberated in the past, but I wanted some sense of the history of Know Your Meme’s forums. Consecration, if you will. I think there are enough newer threads anyway so that this thread shan’t be a transparent duplicate of a past discussion.

Post your favorite threads from the past and present (and future?) and elaborate on what you enjoyed about them as you see fit.

As for myself, so far, I’d have to say that my favorite threads are the Pony General thread (which I lurk regularly, but can’t bring myself to post in), and the Hurt/Heal game running in Just For Fun that I’m also lurking. The thread about gay marriage is also great, because legitimate colloquy is going on in there, as well as antagonism being kept at a minimum. Good stuff. The first two threads are cool just because both are fun to read through and laugh along with the people that post there.

GIANTDAD wrote:

You shut your whore mouth when Billy Mays is Talking.

(Mines Is homestuck General)

I consider myself to be a tranquil Homestuck fan; while it is a fine webcomic, I’m not as enthusiastic about it as I am some other webcomics. I scan the Homestuck discussion thread in passing on an aberrant basis, and I must say that there are a few posters in there I haven’t seen much or any of outside of that thread (similar to the posters that remain exclusive to the MLP thread).

Discussion in there seems alright, though. I might have to start lurking that thread more often.

In congruence with the mention of that “Internet can now find stars” thread, that might be the most impressive derail I’ve ever seen. It’s a shame that I can’t see the original post.

Evan Hechenbach wrote:

I consider myself to be a tranquil Homestuck fan; while it is a fine webcomic, I’m not as enthusiastic about it as I am some other webcomics. I scan the Homestuck discussion thread in passing on an aberrant basis, and I must say that there are a few posters in there I haven’t seen much or any of outside of that thread (similar to the posters that remain exclusive to the MLP thread).

Discussion in there seems alright, though. I might have to start lurking that thread more often.

In congruence with the mention of that “Internet can now find stars” thread, that might be the most impressive derail I’ve ever seen. It’s a shame that I can’t see the original post.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-10959590

"By putting their home computers to work when they would otherwise be idle, three "citizen scientists" have discovered a rare astronomical object."

Evan Hechenbach wrote:

Damn you, Sweatie!

Serious Business wrote:

I liked how the Do You Believe In God? thread turned out informative and thought-provoking, without being at all mean. Well done, guys.

And as for "fun" threads, I found this one to be entertaining for posters as well as lurkers.

(Though I had little to do with how the community would handle the question, which they did surprisingly well, starting that thread is one of my proudest accomplishments on the site thus far.)

I know it was way before my time, but a while back I found the Let it out thread and I thought it was awesome. I've come to like starting more serious threads (even though I haven't begun one in quite a while) and reading that thread was, like, 90% of the reason why.

Also, even though it didn't last all that long, I really enjoyed Patrick's Chill Thread. Pretty sure it's the only thread in which I've listened to all posted songs.

On a much sillier note, this might have been the best thing ever. Too bad I wasn't around in its heyday.

Last edited Jan 10, 2013 at 06:15PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!