Forums / Discussion / General

170,278 total conversations in 5,455 threads

+ New Thread

Wish Lists

Last posted Dec 26, 2012 at 05:52PM EST. Added Dec 23, 2012 at 11:23PM EST
55 posts from 30 users

The topic is quite straightforward. Post each and every thing that your heart desires this holiday season. And be prepared to wallow in disappointment when you don’t receive any of it!

So…what do you guys want?

Dec 23, 2012 at 11:23PM EST

Gamecube controller and Gamecube games (FUCKING WINDWAKER FUCK YEAH)

Dec 23, 2012 at 11:41PM EST

A hole bunch of videos game’s which i probably won’t get expect one or two

Dec 24, 2012 at 12:59PM EST

A ps3 that doesn’t overheat.

Last edited Dec 24, 2012 at 01:42PM EST
Dec 24, 2012 at 01:42PM EST

-Sins of a Solar Empire
-A new mouse
-Bag of chocolate
-The Declaration of Independence

Dec 24, 2012 at 01:46PM EST

The world to end 3 days ago because I’m dissapointed I didn’t get my zombie apocalypse this year.

Dec 24, 2012 at 01:57PM EST

A DS and Pokemon, because I lost mine.

Dec 24, 2012 at 04:53PM EST

New speakers for my computer, I managed to entirely blow them last month.
Turtle Beaches for computer and XBox use, I managed to break mine several months ago.
XBox live pass.
Boxers.
Toblerone.

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:57PM EST

FudgeGruck wrote:

Gamecube controller and Gamecube games (FUCKING WINDWAKER FUCK YEAH)

Whoa, didn’t see that coming.

OT: I’d like FIFA 13, CoD Black Ops 2 (lol so mainstream) and a Wii U.

Dec 24, 2012 at 06:04PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

You.

That’s funny, I want me too.

Oh that’s right.

I have me.

Dec 24, 2012 at 07:13PM EST

opspe wrote:

That’s funny, I want me too.

Oh that’s right.

I have me.

But you don’t have me yet. Want me to be your “secret santa”?

And as both of us are doing science Opspe, the formula “You + Me = Merry Christmas” should be known all to well to you.

Last edited Dec 24, 2012 at 07:25PM EST
Dec 24, 2012 at 07:22PM EST

I’m not doing science.

I am science.

Dec 24, 2012 at 07:26PM EST

opspe wrote:

I’m not doing science.

I am science.

Dec 24, 2012 at 07:29PM EST

Laptop, Alan Wake, Halo 4, Some Halo Mega Bloks sets (Lego can suck it), and maybe some clothes. Ooh, and money! Can’t forget the money!

Dec 24, 2012 at 07:46PM EST

[Redirected]

I would like a grant, or a scholarship so I can go to college without worrying too much about student loans, because you have to repay those later. Then I can focus saving up money for March when I get kicked out of the house.
I also would like a capture card, record video games, so I can finally start up a special project with a buddy of mine.

Other than that I wish I had the Custom Title: “Forum Senpai”
I’m gonna be entering my third year of KYM soon, and I am still highly active on the Forums. I also tend to treat people who I know who are younger than me like I do underclassmen, I mess with them, use friendly banter, but I still help.

Dec 24, 2012 at 07:52PM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

[Redirected]

I would like a grant, or a scholarship so I can go to college without worrying too much about student loans, because you have to repay those later. Then I can focus saving up money for March when I get kicked out of the house.
I also would like a capture card, record video games, so I can finally start up a special project with a buddy of mine.

Other than that I wish I had the Custom Title: “Forum Senpai”
I’m gonna be entering my third year of KYM soon, and I am still highly active on the Forums. I also tend to treat people who I know who are younger than me like I do underclassmen, I mess with them, use friendly banter, but I still help.

When are you going to stop acting like your better than everyone else for having an account before others.

Dec 24, 2012 at 08:31PM EST

Cale wrote:

When are you going to stop acting like your better than everyone else for having an account before others.

I only mess people when they are younger than me, and in a friendly way.
Not account wise, but age wise. It’s just how I am. I did it all throughout I high school when I was a senior.

I also feel like their is some misunderstanding in my last post.

I mess with people who are younger than my current age. Kinda like a person who has a friend who is a bit younger than them.

Who said I acted better because I have an older account? I like helping people, and I stated the truth about being active everywhere on the forums.

There is logic behind the “Title”, because I am so very active on the forums the “Forum” part of the title makes sense.
Then “Senpai” means upperclassman. All it means that I am dedicated to KYM. Because this site means something very special to me.

(One last thing. What kind of person gives karma to people who dis a person’s wish?)

Last edited Dec 24, 2012 at 08:53PM EST
Dec 24, 2012 at 08:36PM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

Not account wise, but age wise. It’s just how I am. I did it all throughout I high school when I was a senior.

I mess with people who are younger than my current age. Kinda like a person who has a friend who is a bit younger than them.

Who said I acted better because I have an older account? I like helping people, and I stated the truth about being active everywhere on the forums.

There is logic behind the “Title”, because I am so very active on the forums the “Forum” part of the title makes sense.
Then “Senpai” means upperclassman. All it means that I am dedicated to KYM. Because this site means something very special to me.

(One last thing. What kind of person gives karma to people who dis a person’s wish?)

I think you misunderstand.

You don’t deserve anything here, unless you make actual contributions to this site. To my knowledge, that doesn’t involve making a bunch of JFF threads.

People have got to remove the idea of entitlement from their heads; it’s starting to become a great detriment to society at large, let alone this site. If you want something, work for it.

Dec 24, 2012 at 08:55PM EST

Fridge wrote:

I think you misunderstand.

You don’t deserve anything here, unless you make actual contributions to this site. To my knowledge, that doesn’t involve making a bunch of JFF threads.

People have got to remove the idea of entitlement from their heads; it’s starting to become a great detriment to society at large, let alone this site. If you want something, work for it.

So you are telling me that the forums mean nothing? The Forums are an extremely important part of the KYM community.

I think that people are forgetting that the forums are the best part of KYM. People share their thought, and come together.

The KYM community is also a unique one. Not many communities decide to show their faces to each other, reveal what they sound like, and let alone the general area where they live.

I have embraced the loving side of KYM instead of the Database.
I didn’t join KYM because of the memes.

Dec 24, 2012 at 09:02PM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

Dec 24, 2012 at 09:04PM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

So you are telling me that the forums mean nothing? The Forums are an extremely important part of the KYM community.

I think that people are forgetting that the forums are the best part of KYM. People share their thought, and come together.

The KYM community is also a unique one. Not many communities decide to show their faces to each other, reveal what they sound like, and let alone the general area where they live.

The issue here is that you’re expecting to be rewarded for it. If people would post so they could get entitlement over others, then they’re not posting with the right thought behind it.

If you truly embrace a community, the lack of entitlement shouldn’t bother you. Yet here you are being bothered by it, requesting priveleges you don’t deserve.

Dec 24, 2012 at 09:08PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

The issue here is that you’re expecting to be rewarded for it. If people would post so they could get entitlement over others, then they’re not posting with the right thought behind it.

If you truly embrace a community, the lack of entitlement shouldn’t bother you. Yet here you are being bothered by it, requesting priveleges you don’t deserve.

You people are forgetting it was a wish, and wishes don’t always happen.
People forget that I know there are limits, but I’m not afraid to ask, or try.

Dec 24, 2012 at 09:10PM EST

Okay, swinging this thread back on topic.

I wish for upgraded PC hardware. Including a new MB, CPU and GPU. Haven’t decided which hardware but I’m looking at the latest from Intel and nVidia

I could also use a new subwoofer, my current one seems to have a few loose internal components which adds extra distortion to the bass unless I duct tape the thing together.

And finishing off the list: More boxers and socks.

Dec 24, 2012 at 09:11PM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

I’m not dissing the forums. I’m saying they’re tertiary to our mission here. The focus of this community is contributing not to the community itself, but to the database and mission – to research, catalogue and systematize our knowledge of internet memes – that the community was built around. We can all be friends, but at the end of the day, some are more useful to the mission than others, and thus deserve more credit than others.

Dec 24, 2012 at 09:13PM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

Yes, the forums are an important part of KYM.

But KYM’s primary objective is to document various internet related stuff.

I understand you joined for the community, not for documenting stuff. But since the primary focus and objective is to document stuff, that is where people are going to be rewarded, when they contribute to research in any way (media, entries, info, etc)

Wishing is one thing, but you gotta work for a reward. Actually sit down and do some real work. Wishing won’t get you anywhere.

edit:
Mfw: ninja’d by Fridge Logic

Last edited Dec 24, 2012 at 09:39PM EST
Dec 24, 2012 at 09:14PM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

You people are forgetting it was a wish, and wishes don’t always happen.
People forget that I know there are limits, but I’m not afraid to ask, or try.

I can probably counter that after all that stuff surrounding your drawing thread and Liche’s title.

Dec 24, 2012 at 09:19PM EST

Fine I yield.
I shall keep my wishes to myself in the future.

Also that week long joke amanda b. of Lich’s title is now 25 days old btw
Dec 24, 2012 at 09:26PM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

Fine I yield.

hey lil mama lemme wishper in yo ear

Dec 24, 2012 at 09:33PM EST

People, this is a wish thread. Let’s not be angry with others for their wishes. We all have our desires. Such is life. Allow them theirs as they allow you yours.

Dec 24, 2012 at 09:33PM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

Fine I yield.

>Implying Liche was certain in that post. I quote: “Probably”
>Implying we make decisions based on stuff like that.
>Implying that’ll guarantee a custom title for you, especially after all that creepy stalking.
>Implying we’ll remove it because you pointed it out a bazillion times already.

Last edited Dec 24, 2012 at 09:37PM EST
Dec 24, 2012 at 09:35PM EST

Fridge wrote:

hey lil mama lemme wishper in yo ear

Tell you sumthing that you might like to hear

Last edited Dec 24, 2012 at 09:36PM EST
Dec 24, 2012 at 09:35PM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

Tell you sumthing that you might like to hear

Hamtaro! Hanging out with little cats with pointy hats I see?

Dec 24, 2012 at 10:45PM EST

Well, I guess this should turn into a thread about what we got for Christmas. What did you all get? :3

Dec 25, 2012 at 09:08AM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

Well, I guess this should turn into a thread about what we got for Christmas. What did you all get? :3

Christmas isn’t a dominating holiday in my country when it comes to stuff like presents.

In other words, nothing, like all years.

(To avoid drama, you can probably draw that conclusion for most European countries)

Last edited Dec 25, 2012 at 09:44AM EST
Dec 25, 2012 at 09:43AM EST
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Goodness, you jackasses can form an argument out of anything, can’t you?

Dec 25, 2012 at 10:51AM EST

Just let the argument end. He can desire a custom title; most of us would be lying if we said that we didn’t think it would be nice to have one.

I haven’t opened anything yet…my family wanted to wait for a while and just enjoy the day for a little bit.

Dec 25, 2012 at 11:20AM EST

RandomMan wrote:

Christmas isn’t a dominating holiday in my country when it comes to stuff like presents.

In other words, nothing, like all years.

(To avoid drama, you can probably draw that conclusion for most European countries)

Why don’t you guys like Christmas? Are you guys Nazis? (I’m kidding, love you guys.)

Sir-ful Turtle wrote:

Goodness, you jackasses can form an argument out of anything, can’t you?

Better to make an argument out of nothing, then to sit around and do nothing. For an argument is made when concerns conflict and with them, only change can be made. I find it more worrying that you don’t argue.

Last edited Dec 25, 2012 at 03:44PM EST
Dec 25, 2012 at 03:43PM EST

Bob wrote:

Why don’t you guys like Christmas? Are you guys Nazis? (I’m kidding, love you guys.)

Read what I said: “when it comes to stuff like presents”

True, might’ve phrased that a bit better. We mainly do stuff like presents on Sinterklaas, which takes place on December 5th. Christmas is still celebrated, but more in a way of getting together with the family.

luv u 2 bby
Last edited Dec 25, 2012 at 06:58PM EST
Dec 25, 2012 at 06:52PM EST

I… I was joking around. And you guys downvote me on Christmas? D: I mean, give me a reason why, you should have known that was a terrible joke. For what reason did I deserve that, besides it being a terrible joke?

Anyways, how were your guys’ Christmases/whatever you celebrate? Did you guys get what you wanted? Was it fun?

Last edited Dec 25, 2012 at 09:35PM EST
Dec 25, 2012 at 09:34PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!