Forums / Discussion / General

171,041 total conversations in 5,482 threads

+ New Thread

The Next Generation in Waifu Technology

Last posted Jan 08, 2013 at 10:48AM EST. Added Jan 02, 2013 at 09:33PM EST
34 posts from 22 users

See this girl?

You probably had to do a double take, because that is a fully poseable Silicon Doll.

And if that’s not realistically creepy enough for you, look; her face is poseable also!

Come 2015 SHE WILL EVEN BE ABLE TO TALK WALK AND MAKE YOU SANDWICHES. Who knows? One may be in your School, Work, or even home already!

TRUST NOBODY

Jan 02, 2013 at 09:33PM EST

Might I move this to General?

Also, the second image is the same doll?! That’s…

…Unreal.

Jan 02, 2013 at 09:43PM EST

Must we play God?

Must we also portray God as a sexually frustrated Japanese man?

Jan 02, 2013 at 10:31PM EST

That second photo looks scarily real…hope that was a mistake.

Jan 02, 2013 at 10:37PM EST

Those eyes are kind of a dead give away, not to mention the thread title.
But, still, how much do you think it’ll cost feel like a real woman be able to have some form of real emotional behavior or feelings?

Jan 02, 2013 at 10:46PM EST

Arlon The Serene (Free Cake) wrote:

Those eyes are kind of a dead give away, not to mention the thread title.
But, still, how much do you think it’ll cost feel like a real woman be able to have some form of real emotional behavior or feelings?

>implying real women aren’t emotionless, cruel creatures

Hahahahahahahaimsolonely

But really. Natsuru, can you confirm the second image isn’t a model from which the doll was made or something? I tried to find more information through Google, but I was fairly unsuccessful at a quick attempt.

Jan 02, 2013 at 10:55PM EST

[EXPLICATIVE] Representative Female Unit, this Unit’s Optical Scans detect a margin of superior form in comparison to the mean of similar models.

Inform this Unit as to your Analysis of the Plan of Action of you and this Unit relocating to an area of lesser observation ease.

Jan 02, 2013 at 11:00PM EST

Verbose wrote:

>implying real women aren’t emotionless, cruel creatures

Hahahahahahahaimsolonely

But really. Natsuru, can you confirm the second image isn’t a model from which the doll was made or something? I tried to find more information through Google, but I was fairly unsuccessful at a quick attempt.

I dug where I started (thick walls of Kanji, my weakness), and found that it was indeed just the model for the doll matched up to the doll itself. The eyes, eyelids, and jaw on the doll are poseable, but not the cheek or forehead muscles.

But it’s still creepy to think that we may have a doll that can pose it’s face soon…

Jan 03, 2013 at 01:06AM EST

Star Wars mandated that robots in the future would be clearly mechanic, unnatural and talk in beeps and boobs…well Lucas was a terrible futurist

Other Sci-fi films such as A.I, Terminator and Aliens had predicted a much more accurate reality: We’re skipping the clunky tin cans and straight for Andoids that look exactly like us. Why? Because Bishop was the coolest fucking robot ever and we want one of those, that’s why. Were diving headfirst into uncanny valley with enthusiasm.

Androids that look, talk, walk and behave exactly like humans are a very real possibility coming in our lifetimes. Programmers are already creating responsive software A.I, film studio’s are already making lifelike synthetic skin textures, engineers are already manufacturing bipedal machines.

Pretty soon well add it all together and create Bicentennial man in one fell sweep…then being the typical humans we are…we’ll use them for sex.

Welcome to the future.

Jan 03, 2013 at 04:32AM EST

it’s gonna be a funny future when the only things humans are willing to attempt procreation with are items that cannot procreate.

Jan 03, 2013 at 05:01AM EST

That first picture is neck deep in the uncanny valley. The second, yeah, I couldn’t believe it was a doll. We’re not there yet. Yet.

Jan 03, 2013 at 06:02AM EST

Verbose wrote:

Might I move this to General?

Also, the second image is the same doll?! That’s…

…Unreal.

Exactly what I was thinking, bu-

Wait.

Verbose making a post with a massive gap in it?

That’s…

Even more unreal…

But seriously, I’ve heard about this already a few years ago, they’re also developing ‘virtual waifus’ on tablets that track your movements and such. There’s a video for it somewhere, but I don’t know if I can find it again.

That second picture looks too realistic and I want surefire proof (How am I even going to get that anyway?), do you have an article link or something, Natsuru?

Last edited Jan 03, 2013 at 07:35AM EST
Jan 03, 2013 at 07:27AM EST
That second picture looks too realistic and I want surefire proof (How am I even going to get that anyway?), do you have an article link or something, Natsuru?

Natsuru said that the second image (person) was the model for the first image (doll).

I dug where I started (thick walls of Kanji, my weakness), and found that it was indeed just the model for the doll matched up to the doll itself.

Also, shush, Quantum.

Jan 03, 2013 at 08:23AM EST

Syndic wrote:

it’s gonna be a funny future when the only things humans are willing to attempt procreation with are items that cannot procreate.

Unless science gives us robots capable of producing human children. Or robot children. Or some combination of the two. I want a cyborg baby.

Jan 03, 2013 at 12:18PM EST

Because an Article Was Requested

These have been around for a long time indeed, and they also cost around 6000 Dollars (3000 Pounds, 600,000 Yen).

Not to mention that the doll I posted was an older one. The dolls from 2009 looked exactly like their models.

I can’t tell which one is the real one…

Jan 03, 2013 at 04:07PM EST

Carpool Lane here I come!
No one will expect that the passengers are actually dolls!

Jan 03, 2013 at 04:25PM EST

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Because an Article Was Requested

These have been around for a long time indeed, and they also cost around 6000 Dollars (3000 Pounds, 600,000 Yen).

Not to mention that the doll I posted was an older one. The dolls from 2009 looked exactly like their models.

I can’t tell which one is the real one…

I’m going to guess the one on the right, which lacks skin blemishes.

Jan 03, 2013 at 04:26PM EST

Cale wrote:

I’m going to guess the one on the right, which lacks skin blemishes.

Yup. It also has better arranged hair, a more unfocused gaze and pastier skin. If I hadn’t been told that one of them was a doll I wouldn’t have been able to tell, though.

Jan 03, 2013 at 08:07PM EST

I will request a doll that looks exactly at me so I can put this fake me take my place as I play vidya gaems and relax, and more study time possibly.

Jan 03, 2013 at 09:47PM EST

Damn, that engine looks like a real money maker. I wonder where I can get the Dev Kit? n_n;;

I wonder if it could be combind with the same Hologram tech used in the Vocaloid Performances? Not only that, you could use an AI and Vocaloid in order to create a fully functional, learning computer program that will…

Yeah, I can see where this is going.

Jan 05, 2013 at 07:41PM EST

Silver Chariot wrote:

Well, you can already poke your 2D waifu if you get the right software.

THAT’S what I was trying to tell you all about. Thank you Silver Chariot.

Jan 05, 2013 at 07:46PM EST

Japan, I would critisize, but I don’t know what is going over there.
Anything weird on youtube and not in english, MUST BE JAPANESE!

Jan 05, 2013 at 08:54PM EST

I’m actually not terribly interested in a basic one.

I’m thinking one that isn’t actually based on a human. Same basic body structure, though.

I’m thinking I might want one based on an asari.

Yeah…

Jan 07, 2013 at 02:57PM EST

Silver Chariot wrote:

Well, you can already poke your 2D waifu if you get the right software.

Is it bad that I’d prefer this one over the robot?

Jan 07, 2013 at 02:59PM EST

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

I’m actually not terribly interested in a basic one.

I’m thinking one that isn’t actually based on a human. Same basic body structure, though.

I’m thinking I might want one based on an asari.

Yeah…

My question is why it has to resemble anything organic. Why can’t I tenderly love the machine.

Jan 07, 2013 at 05:14PM EST

Cale wrote:

My question is why it has to resemble anything organic. Why can’t I tenderly love the machine.

If you’re into that kind of thing, knock yourself out.

But I’m not. I’d rather have something a bit less… metallic.

Jan 08, 2013 at 09:17AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!