Forums / Discussion / General

175,122 total conversations in 5,762 threads

+ New Thread

Winnie The Pooh's Home Run Derby

Last posted Jan 10, 2013 at 12:12AM EST. Added Jan 04, 2013 at 07:15PM EST
57 posts from 36 users

Windigo with fruit salad wrote:

I dunno, I got to rabbit without too much difficulty. Does it show a monster face or redirect to lemon party at the end or something? Because I don’t see what’s so special about this.

The challenge is beating the entire game. Based on the stories, whereas Owl and Tigger are already fucking demons, Christopher Robin is where it gets just impossible. His throws make the MLB look like little shits.

Here’s the English version:

http://www.gamesloon.com/free-sports-12/baseball-games-16/winnie-the-pooh-home-run-derby-54790.html

You’ll see that you can spend your points on upgrading your stats. I recommend spending on “Control”. This makes the game MUCH easier but still challenging.

The game is hard but it’s no spongebob’s boat-o-cross

Now I’m on the Rabbit level.

Shit. No wonder why Asians made this for kids.
They’re ninjas like that.

And ninjas are awesome.

Edit: Well, I just passed the Rabbit level. Now to have my ass handed to me by Owl.

Edit 2: I was right. I did get it handed to me, but 12/19 ain’t that bad for a first try.

Edit 3: Second try against Owl. 15/19. Not bad.

Edit 4: Third try. 15/19. Fucking Owls, how do you work?

Edit 5: Fourth try. 13/19. Fifth try. 20/19. Finally up to Tigger.

Last edited Jan 05, 2013 at 01:45PM EST

Got 25/28 on my second try with Tigger.
The first one was terrible, so I don’t think you really need to know that one.

EDIT: I rage quit. It’s too fucking annoying. Not hard. Annoying.

Last edited Jan 05, 2013 at 01:56PM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

Here’s the English version:

http://www.gamesloon.com/free-sports-12/baseball-games-16/winnie-the-pooh-home-run-derby-54790.html

You’ll see that you can spend your points on upgrading your stats. I recommend spending on “Control”. This makes the game MUCH easier but still challenging.

The game is hard but it’s no spongebob’s boat-o-cross

You kidding? This game makes Spongebob Boat-O-Cross look like child’s play.

Dr. Free Cake Needs More Cowbell! wrote:

I’m up to Tigger and his invisible balls are driving me to insanity. Also, I get way too many right-on-the-edge Foul Balls. Makes me mad.

The fucking wavy balls from Lv. 4 pissed me off enough. Come on now, that’s cartoon stuff, I think that was actually in Bugs Bunny.

Philip J. Fry wrote:

You kidding? This game makes Spongebob Boat-O-Cross look like child’s play.

Not really. At least in this game you can get to the final eldritch horror boss, Christopher Robin with a bit of effort.

Boat-o-Cross is DESIGNED to make you lose. This game is beatable but you kiddies are weak, you can’t remember the days of Contra…..those…those were the hard games. They forced us to buy strategy guides just so we can figure out that you need to equip a crystal ball and kneel next to a dead end for three seconds till a Tornado took you to the next part of the game (I am not shitting you, you need to do that in Simon’s Quest)

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I wanna kill that fucking owl!

Foul balls and short hits every single damn time because that spinning action always send the ball at weird angles.

Screw this, I’m off to punch kittens

When you lose to CR, you don’t get that cute little “Try Again!” screen. Oh no, when you lose to CR, you lose your SOUL!

I didn’t actually get to Christopher Robin.
Last edited Jan 05, 2013 at 10:54PM EST

Über Mephisto wrote:

I couldn’t sleep, I drank too much soda to sleep. But I did it. I. FUCKING. DID. IT!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!!

THERE IS A GOD
CHRISTOPHER ROBIN HOLDS NO POWER HERE ANYMORE

Last edited Jan 06, 2013 at 12:57AM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

Not really. At least in this game you can get to the final eldritch horror boss, Christopher Robin with a bit of effort.

Boat-o-Cross is DESIGNED to make you lose. This game is beatable but you kiddies are weak, you can’t remember the days of Contra…..those…those were the hard games. They forced us to buy strategy guides just so we can figure out that you need to equip a crystal ball and kneel next to a dead end for three seconds till a Tornado took you to the next part of the game (I am not shitting you, you need to do that in Simon’s Quest)

I’ve beaten Boat-O-Cross once before, speak for yourself plz.

The game should be unbeatable. It literally is like playing God, because CR is actually God to all the other characters (since they are in his mind), but I guess he has to let you win sometimes for it to be at least a little interesting.

Haven’t played yet, will then.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I wanna kill that fucking owl!

Foul balls and short hits every single damn time because that spinning action always send the ball at weird angles.

Screw this, I’m off to punch kittens

Owl is actually really easy once you recognize the “trick” to hitting his throws.

Sure, they wiggle around like crazy but fundamentally, they move in straight line!

Draw a straight line right through the middle of furthest extents his throw “wobbles”. The ball will cross your plate at THAT middle point. Simply align yourself with it and hit them out of the park.

I guess I haven’t seriously lost my temper in years, but to put it mildly, it was all I could do not to put my fist through my desktop’s screen while playing this game.

However, after reading through this thread, my face now hurts and tears are streaking down my face due to how hard I was laughing.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!