Forums / General

195,796 total conversations in 5,392 threads

+ New Thread

Michael Jackson

Last posted Jul 19, 2009 at 10:18AM EDT. Added Jun 25, 2009 at 07:03PM EDT
24 conversations with 18 participants

Why are people so sad about this?

I go watch a lacrosse game, come home, 6 messages on the answering machine about the same thing from different people.

I mean did you see the guy? He already looked like a zombie, it wasn’t going too be long before he kicked the bucket.

^
|
| But losing her is a tragedy.

EDIT And Ed McMahon too. EDIT

Jun 25, 2009 at 09:46PM EDT

Yep, he’s dead. Capitan Blubber is right though, her death was much more tragic, IMO.

Jun 25, 2009 at 10:19PM EDT

Yeah, I got slammed with phone calls about this yesterday. So here are my personal feelings on the subject.

Let the fans grieve or whatever. But I was only 10 years old the first time he was accused of pedophilia. I grew up with Michael Jackson jokes as opposed to witnessing anything that would make someone a super star. My frame of reference is basically limited to seeing him as the media’s favorite freakshow.

I find a lot of people’s obsession over his death to be really hypocritical. It’s always tragic when someone dies; sure. But to see everyone suddenly switch gears from bashing the guy to paying tribute just seems so false.

I guess I’m just one of those people who thinks that because of his odd character that it’s likely that he was guilty of inappropriate behavior with children. But since he was always found not guilty, then I don’t know if what everyone said about him was true and he got away with crimes because of the power of his fame and money or if he was just the victim of worldwide attention.

Either way, I’m really disinterested in the whole thing. I know it sounds insensitive, but faking any admiration for him isn’t something I’m about to do. I suppose it might have been different had I been born earlier than 1984.

Regardless, I hope that people will just let the subject of Michael Jackson rest in peace.

Jun 26, 2009 at 01:53PM EDT

Speaking of which, should we do a “Prison Thriller” entry (in his honor?)

Jun 26, 2009 at 07:30PM EDT

Norsehorse89, I’m looking into the Prison Thriller video. Can’t believe I’ve never seen this. Also, I had no clue that prisons in the Philippines organize choreographed dance recitals as rehabilitation. Crazy.
Great article about it on newteevee.com from 2 years ago.
http://newteevee.com/2007/08/15/youtube-rehabilitation-or-exploitation/

Jun 26, 2009 at 08:01PM EDT

im gonna miss spending the night at his house.
his favorite game was doctor.

Jun 26, 2009 at 08:47PM EDT

Everyone pays tribute to people who died… Famous or not, know them or don’t, you still honor the dead. It’s sort of a natural thing, probably.

Jun 27, 2009 at 11:40AM EDT

hes dead…and hope he dosen’t become a meme…

is thighlight a meme?

Jul 02, 2009 at 03:39AM EDT

he’s given so much to the world though. do you know how much lulz he has inspired? LOTS

that’s a lot of lulz.

Jul 02, 2009 at 05:56PM EDT

and this http://ismichaeljacksonazombieyet.com/

Jul 02, 2009 at 11:14PM EDT

neverending moonwalk-

www.eternalmoonwalk.com

Jul 09, 2009 at 10:56AM EDT

Michael Jackson’s death is like N64 kid.
N64 Kid-Opens some present… NINTENDO 64! OMG!… “Oh, an RC car… NINTENDO 64”
Deaths of celebrities-A few celebrities die. Everyones sad. Michael Jackson dies.OMG! HE DIED!” Billy Mays * “Oh, Billy Mays died. MICHAEL!” *Sob
It’s like everyone forgot about all the other people.

Jul 10, 2009 at 10:30PM EDT

Wait wait wait…Micheal Jackson is dead?

Jul 14, 2009 at 07:18AM EDT

Now the little boys of the world are safe!

Jul 14, 2009 at 11:23AM EDT

And now Walter Cronkite has passed on.

He was such a cool guy. And great broadcaster though I was not alive to see him in his golden age.

Jul 18, 2009 at 03:57PM EDT

indeed sad news, even though i haven’t been around long enough to see mr. cronkite’s heydays. WWII journalists have my respect.

Jul 18, 2009 at 07:05PM EDT

Some clips from Stockholm:
Sergels Torg and Stureplan

Sergels Torg and Centralstationen

Jul 19, 2009 at 10:18AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!