Forums / Discussion / General

232,887 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Screwattack ends the Goku vs. Superman debate

Last posted Mar 21, 2013 at 01:53PM EDT. Added Jan 10, 2013 at 11:33PM EST
56 posts from 33 users

And so Superdicke- Err Superman wins
Honestly, I was expecting that to happend since almost nothing can beat Superman expect the Batman' glare and Kryptoshit, I stopped reading his comics once I realise this.

I like how they went on to explain why Superman won purely from a story aspect. When they explained it my giant rage was actually calmed down.

Well whatever. Now we know. If anyone ever brings this up again, just point them to Death Battle.

Last edited Jan 10, 2013 at 11:50PM EST

I'll be honest, I kind of knew who would win because of one key element…the sun.

The whole battle would be determined by whether Goku could stop Superman from reaching the sun. The moment he failed, it was over.

Waaaait, something seems off about the gravity formula at the end. Not how they did it, but the fact they forgot to take into account Goku's base form had gotten stronger since King Kai's planet (the part where they took the data from at the starting of the dragon ball z series).

This probably wouldn't change the final outcome, however it is clear Goku's data is off.

Last edited Jan 11, 2013 at 03:28PM EST

I think I've got a really good point here.

1. Exposure to Kryptonite will eventually kill Superman.

2. Superman's home planet is made of Kryptonite.

3. Superman was on Krypton when he was still a baby, it didn't kill him.

Jack Candle wrote:

I think I've got a really good point here.

1. Exposure to Kryptonite will eventually kill Superman.

2. Superman's home planet is made of Kryptonite.

3. Superman was on Krypton when he was still a baby, it didn't kill him.

>expects comic characters to make any sense at all

12321pop2 wrote:

So, batman can kick superman's butt.
Superman can kick Goku's butt.
Batman is the ultimate warrior of all time!

Holy smokes.

Actually, Screwattack also did a death battle between Batman and Spiderman:

Spiderman

Again, most of Batmans achievements are credited though planning and preparation. However, the only reason why he would beat Superman on a regular basis is because he keeps a Kryptonite Ring on him.

Spider-Byte wrote:

I all think we know the pecking order.

Goku (Face it superman is a disgrace but OP) < Superman < Batman < Deadpool

Deadpool <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Popo

Last edited Jan 13, 2013 at 06:14PM EST

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Deadpool <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Popo

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited Jan 14, 2013 at 01:10AM EST

It ended the debate?

It never ends, as long as there are V.S. forums and nerds with a lot of free time, it is going to keep happening and happening, until the internet ceases to exist
anyway, both still get destroyed by this guy:

Last edited Jan 14, 2013 at 01:40AM EST

Surprise Bit wrote:

Molten rock is actually the weakness of humankind as a whole. It's just too far away from us in general to cause adverse effects. If we all flew to Krypton, we'd all be Superpeople.

Well I'm not sure about that, Superman gets his power from the yellow sun because his home planet's sun was a red giant. He gets even more powerful from a blue star. So by that reasoning, we'd be major weaksauce on a red star planet, and Superman-esque on a blue star planet.

Well, no shit Superman won. What the fuck is SSJ 4 Goku's meager strength of 160000 tons, speed of 2.5 billion km/hr and durability of 34.7 sextillion megatons next to Superman's speed of >6.6 quintillion tons, speed of >9.4 billion km/hr, and durability of >10 OCTILLION F**KING MEGATONS! 20 TO THE 27TH POWER MEGATONS! HE IS INVINCIBLE!

Minecraft4132 wrote:

Well, no shit Superman won. What the fuck is SSJ 4 Goku's meager strength of 160000 tons, speed of 2.5 billion km/hr and durability of 34.7 sextillion megatons next to Superman's speed of >6.6 quintillion tons, speed of >9.4 billion km/hr, and durability of >10 OCTILLION F**KING MEGATONS! 20 TO THE 27TH POWER MEGATONS! HE IS INVINCIBLE!

Actually, in the recalculation, Goku in Super Sayan 4 can:
~Lift/Strike with 1,600,000,000,000,000 tons
~Move 2,720,000,000,000,000 miles per hour
~Withstand 21,200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Megatons

And considering that the Earth's atmosphere reflects and absorbs 2/3rds of all solar radiation (something not considered in either calculations), Superman should only be capable of on the ground in clear sky's:
~Lift/Strike with 2,220,000,000,000,000,000 tons (1/3rd of what he can do in space)
~Move 308,056,908,000,000 miles per hour (Note: Superman gets more powerful the closer to the sun he gets, meaning he sped up as he got closer to the sun exponentially as he flew there, as well as slowed back down as he returned. This number is inaccurate to Supermans Favor.)
~Withstand 3,330,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Megatons

Comparing that, Super Sayan 4 Goku vs Superman on Earth on a sunny day:
SLift: 2,220,000,000,000,000,000 tons
GLift: 1,600,000,000,000,000 tons

SMove: 308,056,908,000,000mph
GMove: 2,720,000,000,000,000mph

SRes: 3,330,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 megatons
GRes: 21,200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 megatons

So in conclusion, Goku is faster than Superman on Earth while at top form on a sunny day. So this fight is at least a little bit more fair than Death Battle made it out to be.

That is, until Goku derped and shot Superman into the Sun (not the first time he used that strategy, keep in mind). Go ahead and multiply all of Supermans Power Levels I listed by 45 to get what he can do 15 minutes after hanging out in there.

One more note:
Knowing either of their characters, the fact that Goku outright destroyed the Kryptonite when it appeared, Superman would likely not aim to kill Goku in the end. If it where a story driven battle, Goku would have lost, and move on to strive to become as strong as Superman.

tl;dr: The final call was right, but the data was wrong.

Actually, in the recalculation, Goku in Super Sayan 4 can:
~Lift/Strike with 1,600,000,000,000,000 tons
~Move 2,720,000,000,000,000 miles per hour
~Withstand 21,200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Megatons

And considering that the Earth's atmosphere reflects and absorbs 2/3rds of all solar radiation (something not considered in either calculations), Superman should only be capable of on the ground in clear sky's:
~Lift/Strike with 2,220,000,000,000,000,000 tons (1/3rd of what he can do in space)
~Move 308,056,908,000,000 miles per hour (Note: Superman gets more powerful the closer to the sun he gets, meaning he sped up as he got closer to the sun exponentially as he flew there, as well as slowed back down as he returned. This number is inaccurate to Supermans Favor.)
~Withstand 3,330,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Megatons

Comparing that, Super Sayan 4 Goku vs Superman on Earth on a sunny day:
SLift: 2,220,000,000,000,000,000 tons
GLift: 1,600,000,000,000,000 tons

SMove: 308,056,908,000,000mph
GMove: 2,720,000,000,000,000mph

SRes: 3,330,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 megatons
GRes: 21,200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 megatons

So in conclusion, Goku is faster than Superman on Earth while at top form on a sunny day. So this fight is at least a little bit more fair than Death Battle made it out to be.

That is, until Goku derped and shot Superman into the Sun (not the first time he used that strategy, keep in mind). Go ahead and multiply all of Supermans Power Levels I listed by 45 to get what he can do 15 minutes after hanging out in there.

One more note:
Knowing either of their characters, the fact that Goku outright destroyed the Kryptonite when it appeared, Superman would likely not aim to kill Goku in the end. If it where a story driven battle, Goku would have lost, and move on to strive to become as strong as Superman.

tl;dr: The final call was right, but the data was wrong.

I agree with this 100%. +1

Personally, I find it hard to agree with ScrewAttack usually, as they kind of like to messa round with stats.

For example, Cloud V.S. Link, they gave Link all his late game items from Ocarina yet let him keep his 10 generations of hero stuffs, regardless of the placement of the items on the Timeline. They gave Cloud mid-game (at most) materia and the first sword he ever freaking gets. Combine that with the levels of bullshit that the Hylian Shield is made of and you have that fight.

So I have to say, while Goku getting beaten kind of makes sense, as he destroyed the Kryptonite to get a fair and balanced fight, I'd have to say I usually disagree with how Screw Attack does things. I'm probably just fan raging from Cloud Versus Link.

With Cloud vs Link they set up some rules to keep themselves from testing too many scenarios based off of arsenal:
~Items and Wepons are the ones they take into their fighting games. (Master Sword, Hylian Sheild, Buster Sword, Clawshot, Boomerang, Bombs, Bow, Fire Materia on the highest possible level) (Note, they broke their own rules to give Cloud the Thundaga Materia.)
~Skills, Abilities, Item Traits, and Armor weren't specified, so they took that from their whole series. In my opinion both where balanced in this category, even if Cloud was far more predictable with is actions.

That is just the scenario they set up, however keep in mind if Cloud was given his later game weapons and thus more materia, Link would have been given his more powerful weapons and items too. (The Mirror Sheild would have reflected nearly all of clouds magic more flawlessly than Link's Sword Tennis reflection. And don't even get me started on the Fierce Deity Mask)

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 02:00PM EST

Unless if Superman is fluent in Japanese, Goku calling out the names of his attacks will only give him an advance warning that something is coming. But then again, who the hell knows what the "Turtle Wave" will do until it's fired off for the first time? (boomstick voice It, Shoots, Lasers!!)

It has nothing to do with their fighting styles, Superman can't lose because he is an unstoppable Mary Sue.

Unless if Superman is fluent in Japanese, Goku calling out the names of his attacks will only give him an advance warning that something is coming. But then again, who the hell knows what the "Turtle Wave" will do until it's fired off for the first time? (boomstick voice It, Shoots, Lasers!!)

It has nothing to do with their fighting styles, Superman can't lose because he is an unstoppable Mary Sue.

The problem with that is that even if Goku ONLY speaks Japanese, or even if ALL of the characters EXCEPT Superman speak Japanese, Superman is so OP that he can just pull crap like "He can now speak all human languages!" or "He can now throw fireballs" and other new abilities out of his butt and still have it make sense for the character.
At least as much as ANY of Superman's abilities make sense for his character, at least.

I have read response and comments on this for weeks watched the video and more often than not noticed that people are in favor of goku which honestly so am I, and the reason is simple unlike superman stated in the video he is rrlatively invincible while goku just figures a way past every challenge well there is a massive part of this debate that everyone seems to miss that any good dbz fan would know. goku is a saiyan, everytime he does something as simle as spar as soon as he is rested again his power exceeds exponentially, he fights every day and has faced some of the most powerful charachters in the universe constantly his normal power no transformation increases exponentially, therefore he is literally hundreds of times stronger after raditz than before and after frieza and by the time he is past cell he is literally thousamds of times more powerful and to prove this phenomenon when gohan goes super saiyan two against cell he quite literally kicks his ass, then cell nearly dies and due to his ability to absorb others powers he absorb powers of saiyans so when he came back minutes later he was already more powerrful than gohan again….goku would literaly kick supermans ass sun or not because is superman beat him the first time he would come back ten times stronger every single time…so take all that and then that times his transformations. when he did the whole king kai thing he was early in the show when ten times gravity was hard later before even cell we see vegeta doing similar things in 3000 times gravity, goku would destroy superman

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!