Forums / Discussion / General

169,590 total conversations in 5,527 threads

+ New Thread

Disneyland

Last posted Jan 14, 2013 at 06:05PM EST. Added Jan 13, 2013 at 01:32PM EST
16 posts from 12 users

So I was at Disneyland. (What a shock, huh? I bet you were expecting something else from the thread title.) As is to be expected, it was a lot of fun. What was a bit different was that I got my picture taken with a couple of characters! I don’t usually do this, but how often do you get a chance like this?

My kids were confused, as they hadn’t seen that particular movie, so I had to explain, “That was Ash and Pikachu, of course.” Then my kids were very impressed.

Jan 13, 2013 at 01:32PM EST

You have better went on the Indiana Jones ride.

If so, you have used your time wisely. I congratulate you for that.

(Who are those two people, by the way? Are they of anything special? Names? I didn’t think I would take you seriously on the “Ash and Pikachu” statement, but is that who they are?)

Jan 13, 2013 at 01:40PM EST

I thought Sarah was Snow White as the picture was loading. Was this just a random encounter? If so, that’s pretty cool.

Jan 13, 2013 at 01:43PM EST

If it was random, then I’d be very surprised. I’ve been to Disneyworld (close enough), and running into anyone at random would have been nearly impossible.

And yet, I don’t know how Brucker, Sarah, and Forest would have known each other and known that they’d be at Disneyworld at the same time.

Jan 13, 2013 at 01:57PM EST

Verbose wrote:

If it was random, then I’d be very surprised. I’ve been to Disneyworld (close enough), and running into anyone at random would have been nearly impossible.

And yet, I don’t know how Brucker, Sarah, and Forest would have known each other and known that they’d be at Disneyworld at the same time.

Chances are Brucker recognised them and introduced himself, which explains his kids being confused.

But nonetheless, very impressive.

Jan 13, 2013 at 02:01PM EST

@Evan:
No teacups this visit; we were mainly focusing on some new rides at Disney’s California Adventure that we all wanted to check out. Everyone I was with (including my kids) had been to Disneyland dozens of times, so we get a bit more picky.

@Lone K:
Love the Indiana Jones ride, but didn’t hit that one this time. Partially because we didn’t get to Adventureland, and partially because my kids don’t think they’re ready for it. (For those who don’t know, I have 9-year-old twin girls, and they’ve been very “sheltered”, to the point we’ve worried we made them a bit wimpy.) Do you really not know who those people are?

@madcat:
A wild Internet Scientist appears!

@Verbose:
Brucker used Shout and Wave!

@RandomMan:
It’s super effective!

Jan 13, 2013 at 02:06PM EST

Dee Dee and I were supposed to take the kids to Disneyland, but that morning we had some sort of fight – surprise, surprise – and I ended up taking them by myself. Claire’s biggest fear was running into the Wicked Queen; mine was that I married her.

- Jay Pritchett

Jan 13, 2013 at 02:25PM EST

I can only imagine how you must have introduced yourself…

…something like, “Hi, I’m [Brucker], and I’m a moderator of KnowYourMeme.com!”, I’d guess.

Last edited Jan 13, 2013 at 06:27PM EST
Jan 13, 2013 at 06:07PM EST

Evan Hechenbach wrote:

I can only imagine how you must have introduced yourself…

…something like, “Hi, I’m [Brucker], and I’m a moderator of KnowYourMeme.com!”, I’d guess.

If Forest wanted to be funny, he’d reply with “That’s nice, but I’m the manager.”

Jan 13, 2013 at 06:29PM EST

Arlon The Serene (Free Cake) wrote:

If Forest wanted to be funny, he’d reply with “That’s nice, but I’m the manager.”

If Forest wanted to be funny, he’d make better episodes.

Jan 13, 2013 at 06:42PM EST

It was actually rather awkward for a number of reasons. I’m not sure they knew who I was even after I identified myself, and I’m 99.9% certain they didn’t beforehand. I was standing in line and scanning the crowd, as I always find myself thinking, “Disneyland is so popular, you’d think I’d run into someone I know every time I’m here, but I never do. What’s up with that?” Suddenly, off in the distance, I see a familiar face. I’m thinking, is that…? No, it couldn’t be! Then I see Sarah with him, and I’m certain, so suddenly like a fool I’m jumping and waving, shouting “Forest!! Forest!!” He sees me and of course gives me one of those, “Oh, that guy is trying to get my attention; who the heck is that?” looks and a tentative wave back. So I point at myself and shout, “It’s Brucker from KnowYourMeme!” (I tend to go by “Brucker” IRL anyway.) He nods and waves a touch more enthusiastically and they move on.

Then I’m thinking, ah, what the heck, I should get a picture. So since they’re in another line, I turn to my perplexed family and say, “Be right back!” and proceed to hop some barriers and “excuse me” my way through the crowd. I ask them if we can get a picture, snap it with my phone and then work my way back to my family and try to explain what that was all about. (“Okay, you know knowyourmeme.com, right? No? Well, it’s owned by the I Can Has Cheezburger folks… Seriously? You’ve never seen the pictures of cats with funny captions? You have! Okay, well… Yes, they are stupid, but that’s not the point. Ah, never mind.”)

Jan 14, 2013 at 05:18AM EST

You should have told him you were the manager of the KYM forums.

Jan 14, 2013 at 04:38PM EST

Dane wrote:

You should have told him you were the manager of the KYM forums.

Successful manager is successful.

Jan 14, 2013 at 06:05PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!