Forums / Discussion / General

232,782 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

Sandy Hook Shooting Hoaxed?

Last posted Jan 22, 2013 at 10:54PM EST. Added Jan 14, 2013 at 09:55PM EST
43 posts from 30 users

I'm not sure what to think yet, but this video brings up some very compelling points and some evidence that makes sense.

Granted, it's a little out there at some points, but a lot of it does make sense. Not sure what I want to think at this moment.

Papa Coolface wrote:

And on this note, try to keep it at least somewhat serious. I am not a conspiracy nut, and I'm more inclined to believe that this video is just paranoia. However, as stated before, it does bring up some good points.

I think it is fair to question the legitimacy of a topic as long as the argument which questions it is reasonable. Americans have unfortunately have fallen into a position where they barely question what is happening within their nation, it is common for an American in the past to be an isolationist but the disconnect between the interests of the people and the government is growing. Unfortunately bills such as FISA have slipped past the the general public which has me concerned for the future of the US and data management. Oregon Senator Jeff Merkley commented on FISA, "Citizens generally assume our government is not spying on them," Merkley told U.S. News. "If they had any inkling of how this system really works, the details of which I cannot discuss, they would be profoundly appalled." Overall I think Americans should be questioning their news sources more and their government.

First off, I would like to congratulate this man for questioning what the media says, and doing extensive research.

Second, I can not agree that the entire thing was a hoax. My mother has a friend whose child goes to Sandy Hook Elementary, and also has a child in the middle school of that town. I can assure you, this woman is no actress. Her child didn't get harmed, but she claims that the shooting did indeed happen. That being said, I would not put it past the government and the media to create fake victims of the shooting and make things seem a lot worse than they actually are. The evidence that the video maker used to prove that the victims/parents shown on camera are fake is very strong. Especially the bit about the man who had kept 6 children in his home.

In conclusion, I still think that Sandy Hook was an event that actually happened and had real casualties, but I would agree that a lot of this seems fabricated in order to give the government an excuse to make guns illegal

Prepare for a teal deer.

That guy cites some really bad sources (ie Infowars). Infowars is horribly biased and likes to give half truths. "They're so bad that ":http://www.infowars.com/shameless-looters-display-stolen-goods-on-twitter/ the GNAA actually fooled them into believing a hoax.

The guy obviously doesn't realize that eyewitness testimony is NOT 100% accurate and can become unreliable in stressful situations.

Look at page 6, foos

On the Nancy Lanza screw-up,

News stations are run by humans. Humans when under extreme stress, like a massive school shooting, make mistakes. Therefore, the news stations that reported Nancy being a teacher made a mistake, because they're human and most people get stressed when a bunch of kindergarteners die. See the above sauce.

The accuracy of the shooter.

Just because Lanza managed to hit more targets doesn't mean he was a better shooter than any other school shooter.

The closer to your target you are, the more accurate you are. Further, a more open range gives you more targets to hit. A small but open range is ideal for accurate shooting. How does this factor into the shooting?

The VT massacre happened in a cramped dormitory and college building that had numerous places to take cover. I've been to West AJ before its recent renovations and have been to the still unchanged Norris Hall and I can confirm these were the conditions Cho had.

The Aurora shooting happened in a small theater that numerous chairs to hide behind and take cover.

Sandy Hook happened in an elementary school. Elementary schools are small, and open, so as to facilitate the easy movement of small children to and from class and the near constant observation of students by the school staff. Sandy Hook had little viable cover and was quite small for an adult.

The uploader failed to realize differences in accuracy does not 100% correlate to a better shooter.

The uploader failed to show us where he learned of the nurse's name. He may have misspelled her name.

The uploader fails to show us how an actor preps for a performance so that we can compare it to Robbie Parker. Without this context, I can say any weird behavior is evidence of some one being an actor.

Further, people joking about tragic events is not evidence of "OMG CONSPIRACY NWO OMGWTFBBQMLP." Its called black humor and those of us that enjoy the more extreme end can be called jerks.

The uploader cherry picked his evidence.

The video he showed at 19:31 wasn't Sandy Hook. That was the fire station. L2landmark

Further, lack of videos =/= non-existent. He claims the pics are fake yet he never conclusively shows with evidence that they were fake. Just conjecture.

Reason why the EMS vehicles were so far from Sandy.

Its called a hot zone. EMS and Police, during an active shooter scenario, will restrict access to areas where they suspect a shooter is present. EMS will not be allowed into the zone until Police have given them the "All Clear."

Sauce

tl;dr

Don't believe everything people tell you on the internet, guise. People are idiots.
EDIT:
One of the guys the uploader accused of being an actor is now getting harassed by conspiracy theorists despite never even taking a single theater course.

Last edited Jan 15, 2013 at 12:24PM EST

I have to say that video is very suspect, as is everything else. The media, and in just general all around investigations, really don't make sence for awhile. Irrelavent evidence is dropped, new evidence is found, evidence found is misquoted, misquotes are misquoted, etc. There may or may not be fabricated, but it's far too early to say someone or something is doing anything other than what we can see on the surface. It happened fast, and people are looking for answers everywhere. I can say most likely the government is using and abusing this case, as are the conspiracy theorists. Leave it alone for now, until we actually have solid stuff to relate on. How many times did we hear it couldn't have been just one person at VTech? How long were they searching for 3 Islamic men in a pick-up after the Oklahoma Bombings? The truth always comes out, somewhere, at some point in time. Everyone's too confused right now, pay no attention to either side.

You kind of have to go into these things with the suspicion that the people behind them have agendas less based in getting to the bottom of things and more based in being master rusemen.

Interesting, though.

Last edited Jan 15, 2013 at 02:00PM EST

@Baditsrep

thanks for gathering other information, and for contributing to the conversation. You make excellent counterpoints.

@WhoAmI

Excellent points as well, and I fully agree with you.

@Iamslow

Glad you think that way too. I would bet money that the various news agencies and the government have skewed, intentionally misquoted, or outright lied about certain details in this shooting in attempts to pus their own agendas.

ConnerABacon wrote:

@Baditsrep

thanks for gathering other information, and for contributing to the conversation. You make excellent counterpoints.

@WhoAmI

Excellent points as well, and I fully agree with you.

@Iamslow

Glad you think that way too. I would bet money that the various news agencies and the government have skewed, intentionally misquoted, or outright lied about certain details in this shooting in attempts to pus their own agendas.

I think Iamslow is talking about the uploader of this video.

Teh Brawler wrote:

I think Iamslow is talking about the uploader of this video.

Mostly, yeah.

Afew things here and there still kinda made me wonder before I saw Badsiterep's post, though.

Last edited Jan 15, 2013 at 03:37PM EST

A thought occurred to me earlier today. Remember the part in the video that talked about the father of one of the victims "getting into character" before speaking on camera? The man took some deep breaths, which could've just been him trying to compose himself and calm himself down before speaking. The video maker doesn't seem to realize that speaking on live news is a pretty nerve wracking thing, and so one might have to take a moment to compose themselves and get themselves ready to speak. He probably wasn't getting into a character, he was trying to collect himself and organize his thoughts. Although the little chuckle we see him do when he thinks cameras aren't on him seems a little suspicious considering his daughter just got murdered, I'm not gonna say that it would be impossible to find something funny even during a time of tragedy.

The author of this video is genius. Thinking outside the box and creating something out of it.
The author has pointed out a few things that are not making all sense, but not everything is sense. It seems some people here are taking advantage of this shooting and that is a little sad. The author points out media faking stuff, but how are we sure, the author isn't doing the same.
You want us to disbelieve other logical stories and believe your story that is logically the same sense?
Why can't people be lying, and those lies fuel your video?

Last edited Jan 15, 2013 at 05:35PM EST

I never claimed that the video is correct/true, I'm just saying that it brings up some excellent points, some of which have been disproven, but others seem quite valid.

EDIT: On another note, this thread is featured on the front page. woohoo I guess?

Last edited Jan 16, 2013 at 05:25PM EST

I can't believe this thread honestly exists.

No, Sandy Hook was not a hoax. No, Infowars is not remotely credible.

And no, the gubbermint is not out to steal yer guns. Unless you can't pass a psychological evaluation, and from the looks of things a lot of those folks might not be able to after all.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

@Nevar00

You might want to read the Constitution of the United States of America. The shooting may or may not have been a hoax, although people actually did die, but the "gubbermint" is enforcing gun control laws and limiting the access to guns thinking it will make people safer, unaware that criminals can just get assault rifles from the black market instead.

personally, i think that with any given major event, there will be lies. one man i know of did lie for attention (that guy who claims to have taken 6 kids from his lawn) but just because there are assholes doesn't mean this didn't happen.just because some people lie about being in 9/11 does not mean 9/11 did not happen at all.there is a lot of confusion, but saying it was a cover up because of the initial reports of 2 or 3 shooters is stupid. again, on 9/11, the initial reports of a car bomb at the base of the towers were wrong. initial is the keyword. confusion is a bitch.

there are alot of people shooken up by what happened and these people believe that there should be a gun ban, but these people need to realize that the goverment tricked you to think that way, the goverment wants to remove the guns from the american people so they have more power over us and by doing that WILL do manipulative and even illegal moves to have it there way. No one wants to see a person kill another, but the reality is that most people are good and the goverment is only showing you the absolute worst in the second ammendment to trick you to hate it.

Welcome to the forum, guys. It seems like there are quite a few new users, perhaps from the front page mention of this thread. That's neat. Glad to see y'all (YEAH I'M SOUTHERN.)

Feel free to speak your mind, but keep the site rules in mind as you post. As long as you're respectful, don't be afraid to question another user on a logical basis (i.e., don't call a person an idiot or anything.)

As for me, I honestly laughed at the thought of this being a hoax, but I also haven't seen the video, so I can't contribute. I may comment once I've watched it.

KONY 2012! KONY 2012! KONY 2012!!!……Anyone remember that thing? In my most humble opinion, it seems to me that the turn of events that "may have happened" and how quickly Washington has overreacted to it smells kinda funny. Also does anyone remember what happened after the events of 9/11? Instead of focusing on the group that "may have been" responsible we instead went into Iraq and with great haste too. To me, this event and the mass media hype is just a precursor into the real agenda to which we all know now is guns. What we do know is that no photos or security footage has turned up in any way shape or form. Until then I'm being rather skeptical of everything that is being transpired from that day.

"You never want a good crisis to go to waste" -Timothy Geithner

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Last edited Jan 17, 2013 at 05:53AM EST

OneScaryNigger wrote:

@Nevar00

You might want to read the Constitution of the United States of America. The shooting may or may not have been a hoax, although people actually did die, but the "gubbermint" is enforcing gun control laws and limiting the access to guns thinking it will make people safer, unaware that criminals can just get assault rifles from the black market instead.

Criminals can just get assault rifles from the blackmarket? You don't say?! There are some drugs that are illegal, yet people still get drugs: better take those laws down. Rape still happens despite being against the law: might as well drop that one too. People speed even though others follow posted speed limits: we should just get rid of speed limits altogether too.

Just because someone might still be able to do or get something illegally doesn't mean we have to make it any easier on them. People can still defend themselves, nobody is banning pistols, or hunting rifles or shotguns (inb4 slippery slope fallacy).

And the Constitution has been changed and updated and will continue to be changed and updated. It was written over 200 years ago: times have changed a lot since then. I'm not putting it or the 2nd Amendment down but let's not pretend it should necessarily be the be all end all in every situation.

Of course all the fear tactics have worked. Gun sales have shot up (lulz pun) and will continue climbing.

drawmaster12 wrote:

there are alot of people shooken up by what happened and these people believe that there should be a gun ban, but these people need to realize that the goverment tricked you to think that way, the goverment wants to remove the guns from the american people so they have more power over us and by doing that WILL do manipulative and even illegal moves to have it there way. No one wants to see a person kill another, but the reality is that most people are good and the goverment is only showing you the absolute worst in the second ammendment to trick you to hate it.

The government is the one tricking people? You sure about that? What about the groups who are telling you the government wants to remove your guns? You realize a lot of them profit from the increased gun sales don't you?

He said in a youtube comment:
"I'm making a new video with info that has not or can not be debunked."

So he's trying to deny the fact that he may not be 100% correct on this situation.

Shit government, first the moon landing, then 9/11, now this? Damn. They lie a lot.

I'm glad I let conspiracy theories control my thoughts and opinions. It's SO much better than letting the media or government control my thoughts and opinions.

Thank god I stopped drinking water. I hear that fluoride is really just mind control juice to help the government to illegalize marijuana and guns, and also raise taxes. Those bastards.

Here's to free will!

Taryn wrote:

Shit government, first the moon landing, then 9/11, now this? Damn. They lie a lot.

I'm glad I let conspiracy theories control my thoughts and opinions. It's SO much better than letting the media or government control my thoughts and opinions.

Thank god I stopped drinking water. I hear that fluoride is really just mind control juice to help the government to illegalize marijuana and guns, and also raise taxes. Those bastards.

Here's to free will!

Barrack Obama is a muslim alien-sasquatch hybrid under the control of the illuminati, you pleb.

MDFification wrote:

Barrack Obama is a muslim alien-sasquatch hybrid under the control of the illuminati, you pleb.

Barrack Obama, Osama Bin Laden.
There names are like each other. Barrack Osama Bin Laden? Coincident? I THINK NOT!

http://www.reddit.com/r/skeptic/comments/16lkhq/this_sandy_hook_conspiracy_video_has_been_making/c7xjgzr
Someone/people debunked the conspiracies.
To sum it up, the youtube user, TheAmazingAthiest, made a video of most said in the reddit post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snViuRNT5Jk

12321pop2 wrote:

Barrack Obama, Osama Bin Laden.
There names are like each other. Barrack Osama Bin Laden? Coincident? I THINK NOT!

they never actually killed Osama, he's hiding in Obama's Basement.

I'll leave these here.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/newtown.asp

http://www.reddit.com/r/skeptic/comments/16lkhq/this_sandy_hook_conspiracy_video_has_been_making/c7xjgzr

Last edited Jan 22, 2013 at 12:14PM EST

As I said earlier, everyone has something to gain off of this. I wish people would stop trying to make money off of this, it sickens me to my core. The media is the main issue on the money front. The government is using it as fuel, honestly I see no issues with the gun protocols they're asking for…with one exception, but I'm not making it that. I'm just saying their using it for fuel, it's abusive. Again, disgusted. And then there are people like that asshat, attention whoring and trying to say that nothing happened. I laugh and feel as disgusted at these people as the people who say the holocaust didn't happen, because it is simply unethical and an awful thing to do on all fronts.

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

I like how people absolutely hate the government for doing stuff, but still follow the rules that the government sets in place for them.

Rants and raves about how much they hate the US.

Won't live anywhere else.

Ha. Conspiracy theories. Always so silly, always so predictable. They're normally a good laugh.

This, though, is really horrible. Not because it's shocking, no. It's because that the logic in these videos fails so hard. At least most conspiracy theories sort of make sense, in that sort of "I want someone else to think for me" sort of way. This, on the other hand, falls apart immediately as soon as the guys open their mouths and prove that they know nothing about anything about how the world works. At all.

The only reason, as far as I'm concerned, that people choose to believe in these conspiracy theories is that it makes them feel like they're smarter than everyone else. It's they who've pieced together everything, they who've unraveled the impossible weave of lies, they who've figured out the true master plan, the conspiratorial machine that runs the world. It's us that just don't recognize their genius, no sir.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!