Forums / Discussion / General

232,635 total conversations in 7,777 threads

+ New Thread

Murder attempt on a Bulgarian politician

Last posted Jan 21, 2013 at 08:50PM EST. Added Jan 20, 2013 at 10:42AM EST
20 posts from 14 users

Ok, the "YOLO" at 0:37 cracked me up. Guess that politician had a guardian angel on his shoulder.

The description reads that the gun jammed btw (it's Dutch).

Last edited Jan 20, 2013 at 11:26AM EST

Muffins wrote:

I'm glad things didn't go as horribly as they could have, but I really do have to question if the brutal beating he received afterwards was really called for.

He tried to kill someone.

And didn't stop trying.

Cale wrote:

And didn't stop trying.

The guards were able to take him down and restrain him to keep him from trying again. But that didn't stop people from clamoring to the stage to kick him while he was down. In my opinion, that hardly makes them any better than the gunman.

Cale wrote:

And didn't stop trying.

If the man is subdued, then there's no point in beating him up.

If he's actually a threat, then yeah, do whatever it takes to prevent him from hurting someone or someone else.

But that guy that was kicking him in the head after he said "YOLO" (which…might not have meant YOLO…) and the subsequent beating after it was simply overkill. There was no need, really. He wasn't any threat to anyone at that point.

Verbose wrote:

If the man is subdued, then there's no point in beating him up.

If he's actually a threat, then yeah, do whatever it takes to prevent him from hurting someone or someone else.

But that guy that was kicking him in the head after he said "YOLO" (which…might not have meant YOLO…) and the subsequent beating after it was simply overkill. There was no need, really. He wasn't any threat to anyone at that point.

If someone pointed a gun at your mother and missed, and afterwards would put his hands in the air and surrender, would you suddenly not punch him?

It might have been overkill, but if you look into the situation, would you blame them?

Muffins wrote:

In my opinion, that hardly makes them any better than the gunman.

A bullet to the head kills a man, a kick in the groin doesn't. So I find that a bad comparison to be honest.

Last edited Jan 20, 2013 at 01:43PM EST

The beat down of the gunman boils down to is raw human emotion. Ahmed Dogan did not participate in the beat down but his colleges did, people who have worked with him for years. I would assume after working with Ahmed Dogan, the leader of the DPS, they would be concerned for his security, they probably will not sit down to watch someone try to kill him and would act what they believed what was needed to be done in that moment. They are not professionals trained to handle this type of situation so they would act very aggressive, not conservatively. It is easy to say that they acted unorthodox as a spectator of the event, but you might have acted similar if you were in a similar situation with a friend who just escaped an assassination attempt.

Yes, I probably would be blinded with rage should a person try to kill my friends or family. I probably would attempt a lot of rather…violent techniques after the fact. I do have a pretty bad temper.

But it wouldn't justify it.

Verbose wrote:

Yes, I probably would be blinded with rage should a person try to kill my friends or family. I probably would attempt a lot of rather…violent techniques after the fact. I do have a pretty bad temper.

But it wouldn't justify it.

I'm not saying that it should be justified, I'm just asking to understand their reason behind it.

That is the most pathetic assassination attempt ever. I mean, seriously, what kind of assassin gets into a slap fight with their target?

Myconix wrote:

That is the most pathetic assassination attempt ever. I mean, seriously, what kind of assassin gets into a slap fight with their target?

The gun jammed, otherwise, yes, that'd be stupid.

Plus, he walked right up to him for effect, (and maybe a better aim).

Quantum Meme wrote:

The gun jammed, otherwise, yes, that'd be stupid.

Plus, he walked right up to him for effect, (and maybe a better aim).

Even though the gun jammed, common sense would tell you to run away instead of have a cat fight with your target while you wait to get arrested.

Last edited Jan 20, 2013 at 06:34PM EST

False alarm everyone.

It was a pepper spray gun and the dude didn't intend to kill anyone, rather he just wanted the politician to know that he "wasn't untouchable"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jan/20/bulgaria-turkey

burning_phoneix wrote:

False alarm everyone.

It was a pepper spray gun and the dude didn't intend to kill anyone, rather he just wanted the politician to know that he "wasn't untouchable"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jan/20/bulgaria-turkey

…huh.
Well, in that case, disregard my previous post, and enjoy these complementary waffles:

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!