Forums / Discussion / General

232,887 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Rhode Island moves to legalize gay marriage

Last posted Jan 25, 2013 at 10:59PM EST. Added Jan 24, 2013 at 06:47PM EST
8 posts from 7 users

inb4 That's gay.

We can speak to how backwards the US can be, but social change takes time. It took/is taking a while for racial and some ethnic minorities to be accepted, so it follows that this might take a while too. But it's going in the right direction, I think.

Good for us.

I don't get why people don't want gay marriage legalised…so what it doesn't meet what your religion says, but state and church are supposed to be separated. I don't see how or why homosexuality would have any real negative effects on society as a whole, but it's probably just human nature to be affraid of or biased agaist that which you do not understand. I agree for legalising gay marriage, it's one small step. The Constitution says were all born equal, does that not make them a person? I don't think so, no reason for it not to be illegal in that respect at least.

Uncle Scrooge MapDuck posted:
Well, it’s another northern state. And if granted, all of New England will be very gay indeed.

Fixed. And don't take it the wrong way, I'm using the older use of the word and not the more modern meaning.

Last edited Jan 25, 2013 at 10:59PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!