Forums / Discussion / General

232,632 total conversations in 7,776 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Number of the Beast

Last posted Jan 31, 2013 at 05:45AM EST. Added Jan 31, 2013 at 02:26AM EST
4 posts from 4 users

I also saw 666 when monitoring the weight of a package. It came to 6.66 kg. ERHMAGERD! WET OF THE DEVAL!

Then later today I was playing a game and my score came out to 666 points. ERHMAGERD! SCURE OF THE DEVAL!

Clearly this is the sign of the coming of the ERNTICRIST!

Random, srs (and maybe even fun? :D) facts out of nowhere about the number of the beast:

Gematria was the Jewish system of assigning names or phrases to numerical values.

Interestingly, if you take the name "Neron Caesar," and translate it into hebrew( נרון קסר), then apply gematria, you end up getting 666. If you take the other version of his name (נרו קסר), you get 616.

Seeing as the number of the beast is considered to either be 666 or 616, this is probably not a coincidence. Also Nero, if you don't know, was not too popular with the Christian crowd at the time, probably because he crucified and burned a lot of them and stuff.

If you are not Christian, it's just an interesting way of encrypting a message.
If you are Christian, more likely than not, the antichrist already came, or you should reevaluate your interpretation of what the Book of Revelation actually symbolically means, or… something else, i dunno.

666 is also a triangle number; that is, if you add up all the natural numbers (1,2,3…) up to 36, they add up to 666 :O
Consequently, the numbers of a roulette wheel (1-36) also add up to 666.
They're called triangle numbers because you can arrange the sum like a triangle:
1+
1+1+
1+1+1+
1+1+1+1
is 1+2+3+4=10, a triangle number.

Similarly, a heptagonal number is adding up like this instead of as triangles. Incidentally, 616 happens to be a heptagonal number, as well as a 13, 31 and 104gonal number.

-2 * sin (666 degrees) = φ, the motherfucking golden ratio.

666 = DCLXVI in roman numerals. Each roman numeral < M is also represented exactly once :O

666's prime factorization is 2*3*3*37 and 616's is 2*2*2*7*11.

This has been useless knowledge.

Last edited Jan 31, 2013 at 04:41AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!