Forums / Discussion / General

232,833 total conversations in 7,785 threads

+ New Thread

Doctor Who Inclusive

Last posted Feb 04, 2013 at 12:10AM EST. Added Feb 01, 2013 at 02:48AM EST
8 posts from 5 users

Because this is an Inclusive thread, not a General thread.

This is the place to discuss your favorite Gallifreyan time/space travelling sonic screwdriver wielding medical practitioner.

So, I'm watching the 2012 Christmas special, and I have to say, I LOVE IT SO MUCH EEEEEE

I really love the TARDIS redesign, it feels so much more like the TARDIS during the Tennant years. Not a fan of the Clara Doctor romance thing going on, since they do that with EVERY COMPANION EXCEPT DONNA EVER. Still, though, this is starting to feel more like Doctor Who than the last season did, which is awesome.

Last edited Feb 01, 2013 at 02:58AM EST

Teh Brawler wrote:

Because this is an Inclusive thread, not a General thread.

This is the place to discuss your favorite Gallifreyan time/space travelling sonic screwdriver wielding medical practitioner.

So, I'm watching the 2012 Christmas special, and I have to say, I LOVE IT SO MUCH EEEEEE

I really love the TARDIS redesign, it feels so much more like the TARDIS during the Tennant years. Not a fan of the Clara Doctor romance thing going on, since they do that with EVERY COMPANION EXCEPT DONNA EVER. Still, though, this is starting to feel more like Doctor Who than the last season did, which is awesome.

I love it too. It looks more console-y than a big room with a furnace and boiler inside. I dislike the Clara thing for other reasons. I won't say why since you might still be watching the episode, but it feels like she's too similar a replacement for Amy/Rory. Hopefully the show is a little bit less silly and a little more adventuresome.

Are you watching the Sunday specials that are airing over the next ten weeks? Last week's First Doctor series felt odd to watch because it's so different than what we're used to.

Sonata Dusk wrote:

I love it too. It looks more console-y than a big room with a furnace and boiler inside. I dislike the Clara thing for other reasons. I won't say why since you might still be watching the episode, but it feels like she's too similar a replacement for Amy/Rory. Hopefully the show is a little bit less silly and a little more adventuresome.

Are you watching the Sunday specials that are airing over the next ten weeks? Last week's First Doctor series felt odd to watch because it's so different than what we're used to.

I haven't, actually. Is it similar to Life of Pond, and where could I find it? I actually don't have access to BBC America, so all of my interaction with it is online.

Teh Brawler wrote:

I haven't, actually. Is it similar to Life of Pond, and where could I find it? I actually don't have access to BBC America, so all of my interaction with it is online.

As far as I can tell, it's not featured on the BBC website and there aren't any pirate versions yet. It's not really an inter-season special, it's a commentary piece on one of the Doctor's incarnations and a feature serial (four 22ish minute episodes) of the original adventures. Has to do with Doctor Who's 50th anniversary this year.

Cale wrote:

Dr. Who became far less interesting to me when it tried to turn grim.

Also David Tennant is the best New Gen Doctor.

I can agree, but the Christmas special leads me to believe that they're going back to the more fantastical style.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!