Forums / Discussion / General

232,755 total conversations in 7,782 threads

+ New Thread

asdfmoviegeneral

Last posted Feb 18, 2013 at 11:06PM EST. Added Feb 12, 2013 at 07:34PM EST
23 posts from 12 users

I don't find much amusing about the series itself. Sure the first two asdfmovies are a bit funny but it's gets odd as the series went on.
To put it bluntly, this is pure oddness, and crazy. I also fail to see how a series as small as this deserves a thread.

Last edited Feb 12, 2013 at 07:42PM EST

Cronus wrote:

I don't find much amusing about the series itself. Sure the first two asdfmovies are a bit funny but it's gets odd as the series went on.
To put it bluntly, this is pure oddness, and crazy. I also fail to see how a series as small as this deserves a thread.

I'd like to see you make a youtube video that gets 3 million views in the first 3 days.

He doesn't need too, his point is still valid. After the first several the randomness of the series got old quick. Also, just because it's in general doesn't mean it needs general in the title.

You people don't internet enough…killjoys. (even if it's true…)

Also, this isn't a small series. While is it a short series, there is enough spread on it to call it a large series. I mean if we had to pay movie admission to see these, asdfmovie6 would have made 30 million in the opening weekend. That basically would have put it at number 2 in the box office.

Last edited Feb 12, 2013 at 08:20PM EST

Alex>_> wrote:

So when's the next one?

These things get both made and announced at random occasions. Which is a good thing, as making things like this too hasty and common can be a real killjoy.

I'd have to argue that while I myself wouldn't be an active participant in the thread, the ASDF series definitely has the notability and expansiveness to have itself a general. The main 6 "movies" themselves aren't the limit to the series as several works such as the "I Like Trains Song" or that mine turtle song stemmed off and became quite popular. Even the OP shows a paper craft of the mine turtle character. I myself occasionally hear the series quoted by teens and once in a while,(today by weird coincidence) I even see that my fellow students have ripped scenes/pictures/jokes from the series to use in school projects. Google trends also has a very decent sized wave of searches for asdf movie, (I didn't include asdf as it is four keys on the qwerty keyboard in sequential order and so it tends to be searched frequently) so I would only then infer that it has a solid following.

@Samuel and Cite
We've had a thread on this before that was left unlocked, so there's no reason to lock it. If it's really that small, it will die on its own.

So…instead of talking about the predictions on the life expectancy of this thread…

Topic Change!
Anyone else enjoy SecretAgentBob guest VAing in this one? No? Well what about SecretAgentBob's new video?

Still no? Ok…

madcat wrote:

@Samuel and Cite
We've had a thread on this before that was left unlocked, so there's no reason to lock it. If it's really that small, it will die on its own.

I'm not really requesting a lock, just giving my opinion.

The new episode was not the best, but I do love the SecretAgentBob cameo.
He's awesome.
I love SecretAgentBob.
Not for Charlie The Unicorn either.
But in all honesty this new episode lacked a bit of laughter but I liked SecretAgentBob.

I find the whole series to be incredibly interesting, as it's one of the best examples of non sequitur and contextual humor. I agree that I don't find it to be hilarious, but in a culture where the most common forms of humor are based around exaggeration and visual gags, it's interesting to see something like this do so well.

Also, I would attribute the 3 million views to Tom's networking skills more so than his actual writing capability.

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 09:29PM EST

Idk, this things already over 4 million views. I doubt even Justin Bieber gets 4 million views within the first 4 days when he releases a video…well…idk maybe it'd be safer to say 4 million in one day. I mean 1 mill views in one day is good for any video.

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

Idk, this things already over 4 million views. I doubt even Justin Bieber gets 4 million views within the first 4 days when he releases a video…well…idk maybe it'd be safer to say 4 million in one day. I mean 1 mill views in one day is good for any video.

If you're making the argument that view counts=quality, I have three words for you:

Ray

William

Johnson

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

I wasn't meaning views = quality. lol. 4chan is the prime example of that being wrong. I'm just saying views = size.

Samuel wrote:

I also fail to see how a series as small as this deserves a thread.

Whoops, I thought that was directed at me. Never mind, I repeal my argument.

You know, after watching the latest asdfmovie, I realized it seems to be getting old. IMO, its kind of lost it's charm. IDK, I just didn't enjoy it as much. TomSka's live action videos are as great as ever though.

@Teh Brawler It's my bad. lol. I didn't really make that clear after you pointed it out.

@Cappy-tan The opening clip didn't really set the mood for the video too well. It was a face joke and he's already made a half a dozen of those. Also, "the funniest thing you've ever seen" just wasn't funny at all. I did enjoy the "airplane" skit and the "doctor" skit though.

Last edited Feb 18, 2013 at 11:07PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!