Forums / Discussion / General

232,833 total conversations in 7,785 threads

+ New Thread

Who is/are your favorite Let's Player(s)?

Last posted Mar 22, 2013 at 05:46PM EDT. Added Feb 24, 2013 at 01:49PM EST
43 posts from 37 users

If I were to list my favorite Let's Players… well… I have a lot of them, but in rough order…

ClementJ642
BrainScratch Commentaries
Hellfire Commentaries
The Runaway Guys
NintendoCapriSun
Chuggaaconroy
ProtonJonSA
pokecapn
medibot
The StrawhatNO
The Dark Id
newfiebangaa
wiiriketopray
BikdipOnABus
sshpokc

Keep in mind that these are the Let's Players that I find myself coming back to watch again and again whenever the mood strikes me, and I often find myself waiting for their next videos. I didn't bother to list LP'ers that I don't bother to watch very often, or that I didn't use to watch when I was a bit younger. (For instance, raocaw is an honorable mention that I've seen a few videos of, but I don't actually follow all that closely.) I know slowbeef, Diabetus, Deceased Crab, Chip Cheezum, etc. are big names in Let's Plays, but I've never really gotten into their LP's, so they're not even on the list. Also, as much as I love BrainScratchCommentaries and Hellfire Commentaries, I don't really follow their individual members. (I probably would follow NTom64 and FTA, but they don't have individual YouTube channels that I know of.) As for PCULL and SuperJeenius, I've only paid attention to them so far in collabs with ProtonJon.

So, anyways, on to the meat of the show. What Let's Players do you find yourselves coming back to watch again and again?

Last edited Feb 24, 2013 at 01:58PM EST

I used to watch The Creatures a lot about a year ago (ParagonNova, Seamus aka SSOHPKC, Kootra, ZeRoyalViking, DanzNewz, SlyFoxHound, and the recently fired GassyMexican) but their LPs are mostly of mainstream games, which isn't of too much interest to me most of the time. I do love their Minecraft videos though. Right now, the LPer I watch the most is Northernlion. He mostly plays indie titles which is more my speed and he has a very good Let's Look At series which is a first impressions video of new titles (usually from steam). And finally, I go through phases of watching a lot of Game Grumps (with Egoraptor and JonTron). A lot of their videos are just comedy gold, and watching them is a good way to pass the time.

I used to watch the creatures all the time, but now I mostly just watch SSoHPKC because I grew bored of the others. I watch most of the MindCrack server guys because of their FTB videos. Also, Joe Hills. Never forget Joe Hills.

I also watch Clement's Sonic LPs (only the Sonic ones, though. As a result, I aint subscribed.) Some of his non-LP stuff is awesome too. (Sonic '06 multi-part review If you haven't watched it already, THEN GO WATCH IT RIGHT THE F**K NOW.)

….On the subject of Sonic '06, honourable mention to pokecapn – the one who did it first (Well, OK, he doesn't deserve ALL the credit, as he was not the only one in the LP, but still…)

I don't usually watch Let's Plays.

Instead, I typically watch Retsupuraes.

… And even then, I don't typically watch the ones where they make fun of other Let's Plays. I like watching when they make fun of Longplays, or Flash Games.

I guess then that my favorites are Slowbeef and Diabetus then.

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

I also watch Clement's Sonic LPs (only the Sonic ones, though. As a result, I aint subscribed.) Some of his non-LP stuff is awesome too. (Sonic '06 multi-part review If you haven't watched it already, THEN GO WATCH IT RIGHT THE F**K NOW.)

….On the subject of Sonic '06, honourable mention to pokecapn – the one who did it first (Well, OK, he doesn't deserve ALL the credit, as he was not the only one in the LP, but still…)

I got into watching Clement for the Mega Man LP's – those are awesome.

And I loved the Sonic '06 review. Man, his rants were epic.

Cr1TiKaL.

Honestly, Cr1TiKaL and Nostalgia Critic are the only web series that I'm a dedicated fan of. (Funny, because their types of humor are completely different.)

Last edited Feb 24, 2013 at 08:30PM EST

My favorites:
sethbling (The best Redstoner who ever lived.)
thnxcya (Awesome voice. Really nice guy. All around good videos.)
EthosLab (Redstoner/mod god.)
SkyDoesMinecraft (Awesome dude with a bombastic personality that makes for very entertaining LPs.)
cubehamster (One of the gods of Redstone.)
Direwolf20 (Minecraft mod god.)
EatMyDiction1
Hypixel (One of the gods of Redstone.)
LetsPlaysWithH
MinecraftUniverse
monkeyfarm
pewdiepie (Not sure why everyone dislikes him. Voice, maybe? I dunno. It confuses me.)
S1ege79 (Griefer.)

(On an unrelated note, 1000th forum post!)

Mainly Clement (for the Sonic/Mega Man stuff), and SirRonLionheart for well…craziness.

Clement literally destroyed Sonic 06 for once. EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF IT (except for 3 things, the music, Shadow punching Silver, and one graphic animation during a level). But of course we all know Knuckles is an idiot.

As for SirRon, watch some of his playthroughs, specifically the Sonic the Hedgehog (genesis), Contra Alien Wars, and his Kaizo Mario playthroughs. He was doing one for I Wanna Be The Guy, but I think the game kept crashing on him that he's put that aside for now.

Let me add on to my list:

Yogscast
Sethbling
Hypixel
Disco
ChimneySwift11
SkyDoesMinecraft
IpodMail
AdamZoneTopMarks (Also known as GameChap)
SlyFoxHound
Smosh (I guess they can be counted now, right?)
Syndicate

Daft Punkjet wrote:

Mainly Clement (for the Sonic/Mega Man stuff), and SirRonLionheart for well…craziness.

Clement literally destroyed Sonic 06 for once. EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF IT (except for 3 things, the music, Shadow punching Silver, and one graphic animation during a level). But of course we all know Knuckles is an idiot.

As for SirRon, watch some of his playthroughs, specifically the Sonic the Hedgehog (genesis), Contra Alien Wars, and his Kaizo Mario playthroughs. He was doing one for I Wanna Be The Guy, but I think the game kept crashing on him that he's put that aside for now.

XD I know, Clement's awesome.

As for craziness… Well, newfiebangaa's rants are one thing… HellfireCommentaries is another. Captain Fire, Fire Wizard/Professor Pickle shipping, Resident Evil Dark Gaia, Parasite Cage the Worst Roomate… I could be here all night.

And then there's The Dark Id… hoo boy. What he's done to the Resident Evil series has to be read to be believed. Billy "F***ING" Coen, posh El Gigante, Sênor X, the boombox/microphone running gag, Saddler contacting the White House… good gravy, that guy's nuts. Oh, and he's also gone through both Drakengard games and Chrono Cross, with similar degrees of game-twisting insanity. (Well, actually, Drakengard was plenty insane to begin with.) Again, going into detail would keep me here all night.

I'm just going to drop in one more channel.

kurtjmac

His main claim to fame is he's WALKING to the Far Lands in Minecraft. No mods (though he is using a texture pack). It's been going for over a year now and he's even doing it for charity.

He does some other, non-Minecraft stuff (I personally like any space-related stuff he does. Which is usually KSP.)

Noone in this thread even mentions Node's Lan Party? made by FreddieW and Corridor Digital?
I so disappoint.

There pretty much the only Let's Play channel I watch, I think is maybe something about seeing multiple people play in the same room and not just the screens they play on.

Nerdcubed. He actually bothers to make his videos entertaining rather than just plays games and uploads videos of him doing so. He also has a "Three Free Games Friday" wherein he (Evidently) posts an LP of 3 freeware/flash games and posts links so that you can try them out yourself. Also, he's a Whoovian and an HHG fan so <3

Northernlion and STAR_ assuming if you could call STAR_ a lets player when he really only does commentary on videogames, although it's entertaining.

GIANTDAD wrote:

Northernlion and STAR_ assuming if you could call STAR_ a lets player when he really only does commentary on videogames, although it's entertaining.

…At its core, Let's Playing is commentary on video games.

Criken- His lets play shorts are hilarious, especially those medieval fighting games (cant remember the name)

Robbaz- His accent along with the stuff he comes out with makes me laugh every time, never fails to entertain me.

PieceofPieSoftware- He deserves so much more awareness, hes a solid lets player and funny chap and has been for years, poor bugger

CinnamonToastKen- Does some pretty good indie horror lets plays, his commentary and mature mentality keep me interested also.

HarshlyCritical- Im a fan of indie Horrors and this guy is always delivering, not to mention his reactions crack me up.

PewDiePie- Admittedly ive been watching his videos for years now, and to be completely honest im finding his playthoughs are beginning to slacken and his commentary is starting to turn sloppy, nonetheless I find him entertaining enough to follow.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!