Forums / Discussion / General

232,886 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Guys, help.

Last posted Feb 27, 2013 at 03:58PM EST. Added Feb 27, 2013 at 02:15PM EST
6 posts from 4 users

My old Wii broke; stopped working, even when connected to the mains, with a standby light on. So we've got a new Wii and now I just remembered that the memory on the old Wii is stuck there.

Crap.

Does anybody know how to get the old Wii's entire system memory across to my new Wii? I'd like to know how to take it out (if it's a HDD that I can remove), if possible, or any other solution to this problem.

Last edited Feb 27, 2013 at 02:16PM EST

This would have been easy if your old Wii could still turn on, as you could have just initiated a system transfer though the Systems Menu.

However, you might be able to swap the two systems hard drives/flash memory things if you take the two of them apart, but that will void the warranty on your new system.

According to Wikipedia, it uses flash memory. Would that be quite a problem? I think it could be possible to get directly to it by taking the front cover of the Wii off, but I'm unsure.

Fridge wrote:

Can't you get all your files with an SD card?

I want to transfer the storage, and using an SD could have been an option, had it not been for the fact that my old Wii can't turn on. That's the problem.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!