Forums / Discussion / General

169,868 total conversations in 5,539 threads

+ New Thread

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, an Assassin's life for me!

Last posted Mar 12, 2013 at 05:41PM EDT. Added Mar 02, 2013 at 07:06PM EST
15 posts from 9 users

Emi wrote:

This seems…early.

Not really; they’ve been doing yearly releases since Brotherhood, and I remember that the first signs of III showed up right about now.

I do like that it seems they’re making more use of the naval battles mechanic. That was really fun in III.

EDIT: …He doesn’t have the Eagle’s peak on his hood?

Last edited Mar 02, 2013 at 08:12PM EST
Mar 02, 2013 at 08:11PM EST

Released yearly is where they went downhill. You simply can’t produce a bug-free and enjoyable game in 9-11 months (still need time to create the game discs and packaging).

Mar 02, 2013 at 08:43PM EST

Emi wrote:

Released yearly is where they went downhill. You simply can’t produce a bug-free and enjoyable game in 9-11 months (still need time to create the game discs and packaging).

If this has the official IV title, it probably has been in development for awhile. That’s what they did with 3, it was in development for 3 years. I still think it only fell short because they tried to throw in too much.

Mar 02, 2013 at 09:52PM EST

Twilitlord wrote:

If this has the official IV title, it probably has been in development for awhile. That’s what they did with 3, it was in development for 3 years. I still think it only fell short because they tried to throw in too much.

I’m still wary though. Revelations had a lot of game-breaking bugs in single player and I heard that III did too.

Mar 03, 2013 at 02:30PM EST

I have a question. If tey were going to do a AC pirated themed, why didn’t they make it BEFORE the one in the american revolution?. The golden age of pirates was in the XVI-XVII centuries (both in the caribbean and in the Mediterranean sea) and the american revolution was in the second half of the XVIII.

Mar 03, 2013 at 02:34PM EST

I'm here to learn english wrote:

I have a question. If tey were going to do a AC pirated themed, why didn’t they make it BEFORE the one in the american revolution?. The golden age of pirates was in the XVI-XVII centuries (both in the caribbean and in the Mediterranean sea) and the american revolution was in the second half of the XVIII.

Actually, it is, according to leaks. The main character is Connor’s grandfather, Edward (I think?) Kenway.

Mar 03, 2013 at 02:42PM EST

Twilitlord wrote:

Actually, it is, according to leaks. The main character is Connor’s grandfather, Edward (I think?) Kenway.

Oh. Why don’t they just go on with the history timeline? I want an AC in the IWW.

Do you think that they’re using this pirate thing because of the naval engine of AC3?

Mar 03, 2013 at 03:04PM EST

I'm here to learn english wrote:

Oh. Why don’t they just go on with the history timeline? I want an AC in the IWW.

Do you think that they’re using this pirate thing because of the naval engine of AC3?

Yeah, I too didn’t like this historic and lineage break. Why go back in time to show Connor’s grandpa story? They should at least have showed something about him on AC3.

Also, I agree they may be making a pirates thing just for the naval engine. But admit, it was a great add to the gameplay in the series, and we’ll certainly be using it throughly in the game

But anyways….

Can’t wait for it, Savvy?

Mar 03, 2013 at 05:57PM EST

So, another one…
Assassins creed 3 was sliding down a slippery slope by going action-y but by the looks of the cloak and dagger style of our new fella and his Ezio-esque affinity with women may suggest a hark back to the good ol’ days when assassins were assassins, not warriors.

Mar 12, 2013 at 05:41PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!