Forums / Discussion / General

168,550 total conversations in 5,398 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Album Exchange Club: the Re-Return

Last posted Mar 04, 2013 at 07:23PM EST. Added Mar 04, 2013 at 07:23PM EST
1 post from 1 user

Yes, it’s time once again for the Album Exchange Club! We’ve had two regular threads for the club, a metal version, and a fake album version, so I thought our newer members would be interested in what has always been a lot of great fun.

Here are the rules as established by Drpepperfan in the original thread:

Each round we’ll each reccomend ONE album for the round, which will be assembelled into one list. One album will be chosen at random, and everyone particapating in the round will download and listen to it. From there we’ll discuss it and give our opinions of them, eventually moving onto the next album when I decide that conversation has slowed down enough.
Please make sure you have a download of the album ready for when it’s chosen, although Youtube and Grooveshark playlists are acceptable as well.

Addendum to that last part: You can also prepare a Spotify playlist for those that have it.

In addition, I’d like to try an idea borrowed from the /r/hiphopheads album club. Those who “participate in the discussion in a meaningful way” will be given priority consideration for their chosen album, meaning we’ll listen to theirs next instead of picking from random. This is a bit of incentive to really get you all into the club, but if the plan doesn’t mesh with everyone, we’ll discontinue it.

My first recommendation will be David Bowie’s classic Station to Station.

I will close the round at about 12-15 albums. I will also try to give you guys a new one to talk about every 3-5 days or so, since we all must be pretty busy with work and school and such.

Happy Listening!

Mar 04, 2013 at 07:23PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!