Forums / Discussion / General

170,583 total conversations in 5,577 threads

+ New Thread

Are You Living in a Fourth Amendment Exclusion Zone?

Last posted Mar 23, 2013 at 08:53AM EDT. Added Mar 04, 2013 at 07:46PM EST
28 posts from 19 users

>tfw communitarian and this doesn’t bother me

Mar 04, 2013 at 08:43PM EST

the DHS claims that upholding the Constitution would actually be harmful to the public.

Oh fuck you, DHS. It’s not like the Constitution is there to keep government from gaining too much power or anything. The idea that the Constitution can be so easily ignored is a very frightening thing.

Being in Massachusetts, I am in this “Exclusion Zone”. I will never let someone search my property without a warrant. I don’t care if I go to jail for the rest of my life, I will not let my government trample over me like that “for my own protection”.

Mar 04, 2013 at 08:46PM EST

If I lived just 20 miles to the West, I’d be home free. Alas.

Mar 04, 2013 at 08:54PM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

the DHS claims that upholding the Constitution would actually be harmful to the public.

Oh fuck you, DHS. It’s not like the Constitution is there to keep government from gaining too much power or anything. The idea that the Constitution can be so easily ignored is a very frightening thing.

Being in Massachusetts, I am in this “Exclusion Zone”. I will never let someone search my property without a warrant. I don’t care if I go to jail for the rest of my life, I will not let my government trample over me like that “for my own protection”.

>It’s not like the Constitution is there to keep government from gaining too much power or anything.

It really isn’t. .

Mar 04, 2013 at 09:57PM EST

Teh Brawler wrote:

>tfw communitarian and this doesn’t bother me

So, as a communitarian, you don’t mind not having any constitutional protection from the government?
You believe you have no right to privacy, and that you should be guilty until proven innocent?

Mar 04, 2013 at 10:06PM EST

Cale wrote:

>It’s not like the Constitution is there to keep government from gaining too much power or anything.

It really isn’t. .

As KYM’s resident historian, I rate this fact “True”

The Constitution was made for the purpose of expanding government power. Constitutional amendments have been made to limit that power though, but there have also been amendments made to expand government power.

Mar 04, 2013 at 10:20PM EST

I’m 40 miles from the closes beach in aprox, so I am screwed by this case. I am unsure how my dad will react to this, I know for sure how my mom will because she does have her “theories” about the government.

AND I smell a shit storm a brewin’.

Mar 04, 2013 at 10:28PM EST

>yfw I live in Kansas
>yfw I’m hundreds of miles from any national border

Mar 04, 2013 at 10:35PM EST

Katie C. wrote:

As KYM’s resident historian, I rate this fact “True”

The Constitution was made for the purpose of expanding government power. Constitutional amendments have been made to limit that power though, but there have also been amendments made to expand government power.

I disagree. The Constitution was written to simply outline what the federal government could and couldn’t do, with an arguable emphasis on the latter. Of course, the “can’t do” part is the entire focus of the issue here, the Bill of Rights, which is clearly being blatantly disregarded by the DHS.

Mar 04, 2013 at 10:35PM EST

0.9999...=1 wrote:

I disagree. The Constitution was written to simply outline what the federal government could and couldn’t do, with an arguable emphasis on the latter. Of course, the “can’t do” part is the entire focus of the issue here, the Bill of Rights, which is clearly being blatantly disregarded by the DHS.

The original constitution outlines more of what the government can do. It was written because of how the Articles of Confederation caused chaos due to how powerful the states were and made the Federal government significantly more powerful. It basically outlines the federal powers, then defers the rest to the states.

While the Bill of Rights was added soon after the original document was written, remember that it isn’t part of the original document. That’s why they’re amendments.

Mar 04, 2013 at 10:42PM EST

>puts fake DHS infiltration notes on my desktop and cell phone.

>huehuehuehuehue

Mar 04, 2013 at 11:12PM EST

0.9999...=1 wrote:

Ever hear of the so called elastic clause?

It basically means that the government can do whatever the fuck it wants unless it’s limited by some other part of the constitution.

Mar 04, 2013 at 11:17PM EST

Twilitlord wrote:

>yfw I live in Kansas
>yfw I’m hundreds of miles from any national border

But it’s Kansas….

Mar 04, 2013 at 11:19PM EST

This stuff is just getting worse and worse isn’t it.

I just really hope we can fix it before some civil war starts.

Mar 04, 2013 at 11:21PM EST

ConnerABacon wrote:

This stuff is just getting worse and worse isn’t it.

I just really hope we can fix it before some civil war starts.

The biggest problem is that the Democrats are doing it too, thanks to Obama. You can’t really criticize when it’s your team that’s in, (we shouldn’t be having that sentiment) and since the Democrats are doing it, hardly anyone is willing to stand up now, whereas if McCain would have become President, Dems would have been all over him, and at the front of the pack would have been Sen. Obama the Constitutional Lawyer.

Mar 04, 2013 at 11:27PM EST

I don’t support Democrats or Republicans, they really aren’t all that different at all. I’m a Communist.

Mar 04, 2013 at 11:35PM EST

Twilitlord wrote:

The original constitution outlines more of what the government can do. It was written because of how the Articles of Confederation caused chaos due to how powerful the states were and made the Federal government significantly more powerful. It basically outlines the federal powers, then defers the rest to the states.

While the Bill of Rights was added soon after the original document was written, remember that it isn’t part of the original document. That’s why they’re amendments.

That is correct, but there were some states (and some of the Founding Fathers themselves) who refused to accept the Constitution in its final form until it was a agreed that a Bill of Rights would be added shortly after the Constitution was ratified, so the Fathers had known there was going to be a list of rights given to the people by the Constitution shortly after its ratification, thus limiting the government’s power.

History of the Bill of Rights

Last edited Mar 05, 2013 at 10:37AM EST
Mar 05, 2013 at 10:33AM EST

ConnerABacon wrote:

I don’t support Democrats or Republicans, they really aren’t all that different at all. I’m a Communist.

There’s one really big difference with the Dems on civil liberties: They support it until there’s a Democrat in the White House.

Mar 05, 2013 at 11:20AM EST
>tfw Canada
>tfw Britain
>tfw South America

>tfw Fourth Amendment Exclusion Zone ;_;

Mar 05, 2013 at 09:39PM EST

>tfw Philippines

Mar 23, 2013 at 06:53AM EDT

The quoted post has been deleted.

SPAMBOT WHO KNOWS ENGLISH DETECTED

Mar 23, 2013 at 08:53AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!