Forums / Discussion / General

174,171 total conversations in 5,724 threads

+ New Thread


North Korea terminating cease-fire agreement

Last posted Mar 16, 2013 at 07:14PM EDT. Added Mar 08, 2013 at 01:07AM EST
54 posts from 34 users

To be fair, they also said they would nuke the US yesterday… When they’re still doing nuclear tests, can’t get a missile halfway to Hawaii, and a plane would get detected by someone on our side no matter how they tried to fly it…

Kim Jong Un likes to make threats that are going to screw him over, doesn’t he? Least this will do is get him more sanctions from the UN, worst it will do is get him crushed by South Korea and its many allies…

If NK starts any shit with SK (let alone the US), the rest of the planet will come down on them like a ton of bricks. Absolutely nobody wants that nutcase running a country anymore and a nuclear strike will be the final straw

The question is, is Kimsy crazy enough to do it? He’s certainly trying to prove the size of his balls but even he must know that re-igniting the war can go wrong for NK in many, many ways.

In one hand, the shellings of SK ground, continued nuclear tests and the recent closure of the ceasefire should all be warning signs that this new NK leader means business this time

In the other hand, NK has been little more than a whole lot of talk for a long period of time. Lots of bark, but realistically with their broken economy, outdated war machine and lack of any real friends outside of China (even they may break ties if NK starts nuking things), they don’t have much bite.

Either way, I predict things are going to escalate and events could go either sour or catastrophic. Kim Jong-un is a man on a mission and if someone if going to start WW3, it’s probably this guy. I’ll be watching carefully what happens next

Katie C. wrote:

This is going to get the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea wiped off the map in the most literal way.

“Seoul’s defence ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok said that if the North were to carry out a nuclear attack on South Korea it would become ‘extinct from the Earth by the will of mankind’.”

This is actually a really bad-ass quote.

Cale wrote:

“Seoul’s defence ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok said that if the North were to carry out a nuclear attack on South Korea it would become ‘extinct from the Earth by the will of mankind’.”

This is actually a really bad-ass quote.

There’s one big reason why the DPRK might not nuke the south: The DPRK considers it to be their land.

Katie C. wrote:

There’s one big reason why the DPRK might not nuke the south: The DPRK considers it to be their land.

They don’t even have to nuke, though. If they did a full-scale assault, then pretty much everyone would counterattack. Just look at the sanctions for the empty nuke threat. Even China, North Korea’s greatest ally, signed off on them. The world is getting really tired of the Dear Leader’s shit.

Last edited Mar 08, 2013 at 02:16PM EST

Welll done, Kim Jong, I would love to see your sorry ass begging for mercy, because this is a fight you are doomed to lose.

You are the antithesis of everything I love and my country represents, and as long as there are soldiers like us, WE WILL DEFEND THIS COUNTRY WITH OUR LIVES, for freedom, for the capitalism, for América!

Last edited Mar 08, 2013 at 02:19PM EST

Soldier wrote:

Welll done, Kim Jong, I would love to see your sorry ass begging for mercy, because this is a fight you are doomed to lose.

You are the antithesis of everything I love and my country represents, and as long as there are soldiers like us, WE WILL DEFEND THIS COUNTRY WITH OUR LIVES, for freedom, for the capitalism, for América!

I noticed you spelled America with an accent…

If they nuked anyone, let alone made an attempt – because let’s be honest, it would probably be detected and shot down by the USAF before anyone knows what didn’t hit ’em – they would lose what little support they have, and will definitely risk counteraction.

World War III is never gonna happen, boys. Not even Kim Jong-Un and his cronies are stupid enough to risk mutually assured destruction.

Yeah, no way would anyone back them if they attempted to nuke South Korea. It would just be North Korea getting thier ass handed to them and the government getting overthrown.

12321pop2 wrote:

Ever since the new dictator, a bunch of empty threats were made. If and when N. Korea does something, they will lose their communism.

That last sentence makes no sense on so many levels.

1.) You don’t “lose communism”, because it’s not an object to lose. It’s a political, economic, and social ideology.

2.) North Korea isn’t and never was Communist. They are a socialist dictatorship.

3.) They’ve always made empty threats.

Last edited Mar 08, 2013 at 05:23PM EST

Katie C. wrote:

There’s one big reason why the DPRK might not nuke the south: The DPRK considers it to be their land.

But NK has already nuked their own land once. Their last nuclear test on their own soil has led me to think they are not concerned about land preservation

It’s unlikely that SK will get nuked, but only because NK wont have the balls to do it. As opposed to any empathy on their part for the landscape.

Last edited Mar 08, 2013 at 08:57PM EST

12321pop2 wrote:

Ever since the new dictator, a bunch of empty threats were made. If and when N. Korea does something, they will lose their communism.

The DPRK hasn’t been communist since 1972. Even before then, in a practical sense, the DPRK wasn’t communist.

They’re actually more fascist than anything, they are fanatically religious (Juche is somewhat of a cult, and the Kims do kind of get worshipped) and they’re ethno-centric. Notice this The DPRK fits 13 of these 14 principles. (The only one they don’t is corporate protection)

In comparison, China fits 12, and the US fits 9. (Under a Republican run government we would probably fit 9 to 12 of them, though less severely than say, China and NK.

Here’s a few other significant countries.

Iran comes in at 8 (Fewer infractions but more severe ones)

Russia fits 10.

The UK fits 4.

France fits 1.

The Nordic countries, as well as New Zealand fit 0.

Last edited Mar 09, 2013 at 12:51AM EST

Katie C. wrote:

The DPRK hasn’t been communist since 1972. Even before then, in a practical sense, the DPRK wasn’t communist.

They’re actually more fascist than anything, they are fanatically religious (Juche is somewhat of a cult, and the Kims do kind of get worshipped) and they’re ethno-centric. Notice this The DPRK fits 13 of these 14 principles. (The only one they don’t is corporate protection)

In comparison, China fits 12, and the US fits 9. (Under a Republican run government we would probably fit 9 to 12 of them, though less severely than say, China and NK.

Here’s a few other significant countries.

Iran comes in at 8 (Fewer infractions but more severe ones)

Russia fits 10.

The UK fits 4.

France fits 1.

The Nordic countries, as well as New Zealand fit 0.

And those points are how I would rule my NationStates nation… IF I HAD ONE

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

I keep forgetting that’s it’s Kim Jong Un and not Kim Jong Il.

I’m just happy that my grandparents came from South Korea and not North Korea, though.

Why would you be happy about that.
North Korea is best Korea.

Katie C. wrote:

The DPRK hasn’t been communist since 1972. Even before then, in a practical sense, the DPRK wasn’t communist.

They’re actually more fascist than anything, they are fanatically religious (Juche is somewhat of a cult, and the Kims do kind of get worshipped) and they’re ethno-centric. Notice this The DPRK fits 13 of these 14 principles. (The only one they don’t is corporate protection)

In comparison, China fits 12, and the US fits 9. (Under a Republican run government we would probably fit 9 to 12 of them, though less severely than say, China and NK.

Here’s a few other significant countries.

Iran comes in at 8 (Fewer infractions but more severe ones)

Russia fits 10.

The UK fits 4.

France fits 1.

The Nordic countries, as well as New Zealand fit 0.

Under a Republican run government we would probably fit 9 to 12 of them


Anyway, even if North Korea was stupid enough to launch a nuclear attack on another country (which I highly doubt), it would get taken down by an ABM. And from that point on, North Korea is screwed.

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

I keep forgetting that’s it’s Kim Jong Un and not Kim Jong Il.

I’m just happy that my grandparents came from South Korea and not North Korea, though.

Does it matter? It’s the same nation, in a sense.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

But NK has already nuked their own land once. Their last nuclear test on their own soil has led me to think they are not concerned about land preservation

It’s unlikely that SK will get nuked, but only because NK wont have the balls to do it. As opposed to any empathy on their part for the landscape.

The nuke was underground.

Katie C. wrote:

Does it matter? It’s the same nation, in a sense.

Kind of, I guess.

One is a dictatorship and another is a democracy.
I, personally, choose the latter. Even if it’s the same nation, it has been divided. Might as well call it two countries, since neither want to really cooperate with each other most of the time.

Zetsumei von Kiddo wrote:

C’mon, look at the bright side of a WW3!

Amidst the chaos, someone from Montana will invent the FTL drive, which might lead to mankind’s First Contact which an alien species and, 100 years later, the founding of the Federation!

OH YES MY BODY IS READY

Seriously though North Korea, just give us an excuse to come finish what you guys started back in the Korean War. It’d be nice to just have one Korea again.

Last edited Mar 12, 2013 at 01:46PM EDT

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

Kind of, I guess.

One is a dictatorship and another is a democracy.
I, personally, choose the latter. Even if it’s the same nation, it has been divided. Might as well call it two countries, since neither want to really cooperate with each other most of the time.

In a professional sense, a nation is an identity, not a country.

Zetsumei von Kiddo wrote:

C’mon, look at the bright side of a WW3!

Amidst the chaos, someone from Montana will invent the FTL drive, which might lead to mankind’s First Contact which an alien species and, 100 years later, the founding of the Federation!

But we also need a starship fgrom the 24th century to accidentally time travel back to that time and help him get it up and running.

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

But we also need a starship fgrom the 24th century to accidentally time travel back to that time and help him get it up and running.

But that’s only in case of Borgs fucking it up.

Although I wouldn’t say nuclear arms are a good thing (being able to wipe out a city in seconds is frightening) on sheer numbers alone, I think North Korea won’t fare well if it does come to nuclear war.
NK you have three nukes, rest of the world yo have three thousand nukes. Play ball.
With China now distrusting NK there’s very little stopping someone stomping in there and flattening the place, the most likely contender; South Korea.
Although many ‘Muricans may want to see a war just to show off, many Americans are aware that fighting North Korea would be like stealing candy from a toddler (not from a baby). You’d inevitably win but in the end; it was a waste of time, someone’s gotten mad and now the candy’s all sticky. Eww.

Wow Kim Jong Un is just suicidal isn’t he? Either that or his ego has become so inflated that he thinks he’s super special invincible awesome. He’s picking a fight that he should know he won’t ever win, at least not with North Korea in the crappy state it is.
North Korea trying to start a war is like T-Bob from M.A.S.K trying to fight Voltron, Mazinger, Godzilla, and the Death Star all at once with his bare hands.

I wouldn’t underestimate the damage they could do in the interim to South Korea. The Nuke idea is a little farfetched in my opinion, but they do have a massive amount of artillery within reach of Seoul that could absolutely devastate Seoul in the time it would take us and/or South Korea to respond to that and destroy it. The damage to Seoul in that time would be awful. I doubt that SK would launch a preemptive strike on their artillery given NK’s tendency to always look like they are readying an attack. Another thing is to not discount the absolute fanaticism that their troops posses. They are brainwashed to the same degree that Japanese soldiers were in WW2, they believe that their leader is a God/Demigod and have pledged allegiance until death to him. This will not be the first gulf war where 99% of their army surrenders at first contact, they will act like the Iraqi Republican Guard did and fight with extreme tenacity. So basically do not downplay the amount of destruction they could create in the time it takes for us and South Korea to respond. Just my two cents here though.

if NK was to attack the US of SK, they would lose. badly. although it is true they spend more of their GDP on their army, SK spend more because NK’s exports consist of threats. their best tanks are holdovers from the sixty’s, and the US and SK’s both have advanced tech. hell, get out your phone, that probably has more power than their best fighters. if a war did start, it would not surprise me if NK was wiped of the map in two months. in short, they are not going to last long and soon me may have to update our maps to show instead of NK and SK, just Korea.

gunsmith12 wrote:

if NK was to attack the US of SK, they would lose. badly. although it is true they spend more of their GDP on their army, SK spend more because NK’s exports consist of threats. their best tanks are holdovers from the sixty’s, and the US and SK’s both have advanced tech. hell, get out your phone, that probably has more power than their best fighters. if a war did start, it would not surprise me if NK was wiped of the map in two months. in short, they are not going to last long and soon me may have to update our maps to show instead of NK and SK, just Korea.

sorry, US or SK, not US of SK.

Emi wrote:

It just sounds like North Korea is trying to sound bigger than they are. Launching a nuclear missile against the US would be suicide.

How are they planning to get their nuke over to the US anyway? Send it in a hot air balloon?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!