Forums / Discussion / General

168,536 total conversations in 5,397 threads

+ New Thread


2013 March Madness

Last posted Apr 09, 2013 at 12:06AM EDT. Added Mar 17, 2013 at 09:09PM EDT
52 posts from 7 users

It’s that time of the year again, time for 68 college basketball teams to compete in a playoff format for a chance to go to the big dance. I’m sure there will be plenty of buzzer beaters, cinderella teams, bubble teams, and upsets in this year’s March Madness. The tournament begins with the First Four on Tuesday and Wednesday. Just for fun, post your own predicted brackets from any major sports site. Here’s my bracket:

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/546460

Last edited Mar 17, 2013 at 09:10PM EDT
Mar 17, 2013 at 09:09PM EDT
Quote
You cannot view these picks until after the deadline on Thursday, March 21.
If this is your bracket, you need to sign-in in order to view and edit.

I’ll have a bracket going myself, so I’ll post mine here too when I put it together.

Mar 17, 2013 at 10:27PM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

You cannot view these picks until after the deadline on Thursday, March 21.
If this is your bracket, you need to sign-in in order to view and edit.

I’ll have a bracket going myself, so I’ll post mine here too when I put it together.

Well oops.

Mar 17, 2013 at 10:37PM EDT
Quote

You really like sports, don’t you chowzburgerz? Anyway, the only team I could even remotely care about is Gonzaga, because they’re a “Washington team”. I use quotes because it often seems to us out here along the Pacific that Eastern Wasington might as well be a different state for all the impact it has on us. But still, you take what you can get. So what are you guys’ thoughts on the Zags- as good as many say they are, or overrated and soon to be exposed as such when they have to play real quality teams?

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:52PM EDT
Quote

0.9999...=1 wrote:

You really like sports, don’t you chowzburgerz? Anyway, the only team I could even remotely care about is Gonzaga, because they’re a “Washington team”. I use quotes because it often seems to us out here along the Pacific that Eastern Wasington might as well be a different state for all the impact it has on us. But still, you take what you can get. So what are you guys’ thoughts on the Zags- as good as many say they are, or overrated and soon to be exposed as such when they have to play real quality teams?

Talk about ALL the sports.

Hmm, Gonzaga, well I don’t know much about them but since they’re a #1 seed, I think they’ll at least go to the Sweet 16.

Mar 18, 2013 at 12:32AM EDT
Quote

I’m making 10+ brackets after what happened last year.

Mar 18, 2013 at 01:53AM EDT
Quote

First Four results:

16. North Carolina A&T – 73
16. Liberty – 72

11. St. Mary – 67
11. Middle Tennessee State – 54

13. La Salle – 80
13. Boise State – 71

16. LIU Brooklyn – 55
16. James Madison – 68

First Round Results:

14. Valparaiso – 54
3. Michigan State – 65

13. New Mexico State – 44
4. Saint Louis – 64

9. Wichita State – 73
8. Pittsburgh – 55

11. Bucknell – 56
6. Butler – 68

Last edited Mar 21, 2013 at 04:19PM EDT
Mar 21, 2013 at 04:18PM EDT
Quote

I’m just surprised Michigan actually made it for once, but why are they in the South division?

Mar 21, 2013 at 05:42PM EDT
Quote

Adam DeLand wrote:

I’m just surprised Michigan actually made it for once, but why are they in the South division?

Why are the Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC West when they’re east of the Dallas Cowboys, who’re in the NFC East? Answer: Sports people are terrible at geography.

Mar 21, 2013 at 06:16PM EDT
Quote

More First Round Results:

11. Saint Mary – 52
6. Memphis – 54

12. Oregon – 68
5. Oklahoma State – 55

16. Southern – 58
1. Gonzaga – 64

14. Davidson – 58
3. Marquette – 59

Mar 21, 2013 at 08:18PM EDT
Quote

More First Round Results:

16. North Carolina A&T – 48
1. Louisville – 79

11. Belmont – 64
6. Arizona – 81

13. South Dakota State – 56
4. Michigan – 71

12. California – 64
5. UNLV – 61

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:39PM EDT
Quote

A year ago I would have come in here saying “Oh I hope Florida wins it all.”

Then this February, they denied my application.

So now I don’t really give a rat’s ass who wins this.

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:42PM EDT
Quote

Fridge wrote:

A year ago I would have come in here saying “Oh I hope Florida wins it all.”

Then this February, they denied my application.

So now I don’t really give a rat’s ass who wins this.

If you feel pain, then you should know how much I feel when there are no Texas teams in it this year. Even without Texas in the tournament, I still give a rat’s ass.

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:24PM EDT
Quote

Last First Round Results of the Day:

9. Missouri – 72
8. Colorado State – 84

14. Harvard – 68
3. New Mexico – 62

12. Akron – 42
5. VCU – 88

13. Montana – 34
4. Syracuse – 81

Mar 22, 2013 at 12:51AM EDT
Quote

Check this out:

You’d have better odds of predicting the temperature of the exact center of Hong Kong on July 23, 2086 to a tenth of a degree.

Mar 22, 2013 at 01:11AM EDT
Quote

0.9999...=1 wrote:

Check this out:

You’d have better odds of predicting the temperature of the exact center of Hong Kong on July 23, 2086 to a tenth of a degree.

Video is unavailable.

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:18AM EDT
Quote

First Round Results:

10. Cincinatti – 67
7. Creighton – 63

15. Albany – 61
2. Duke – 73

12. Ole Miss – 57
5. Wisconsin – 46

13. La Salle – 63
4. Kansas State – 61

9. Temple – 76
8. North Carolina State – 72

15. Pacific – 49
2. Miami (FL) – 78

Mar 22, 2013 at 06:04PM EDT
Quote

Well, I have someone to root for now.

#ShockedTheWorld

Mar 22, 2013 at 09:35PM EDT
Quote

>Georgetown loses to Florida Gulf Coast University

At least I can say that I've been there for a conference...I have no idea how they pulled that off.  I didn't even know they had a basketball stadium there

There goes my bracket. I had Georgetown in the Final Four.

Mar 22, 2013 at 09:53PM EDT
Quote

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if million brackets had cried out at once and were suddenly broken. I fear March Madness is here.

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:03PM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

>Georgetown loses to Florida Gulf Coast University

At least I can say that I've been there for a conference...I have no idea how they pulled that off.  I didn't even know they had a basketball stadium there

There goes my bracket. I had Georgetown in the Final Four.

Funny Story

>I live like an hour and a half east of the campus

>It’s my second choice for university

>My cousin is a sophomore there

>He and I watched the last two glorious minutes

>I found my acceptance letter in the mail right after that

>Read it aloud to entire family

>Proud Moment

mfw:

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:19PM EDT
Quote

Damnit Harvard, La Salle, and Florida Golden Coast University, why must you rustle our jimies? I’ll upload the results of the remaining matches when every match is done.

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:14AM EDT
Quote

Final First Round Results:

10. Iona State – 76
7. Notre Dame – 58

15. Iona – 70
2. Ohio State – 95

16. Westen Kentucky – 57
1. Kansas – 64

9. Villanova – 71
8. North Carolina – 78

11. Minnesota – 83
6. UCLA – 63

14. Northwestern State – 47
3. Florida – 79

10. Oklahoma – 55
7. San Diego State – 70

15. Florida Gulf Coast University – 78
2. Georgetown – 68

16. James Madison – 62
1. Indiana – 83

10. Colorado – 49
7. Indiana – 57

Mar 23, 2013 at 01:00AM EDT
Quote

Second Round Results:

8. Colorado State – 56
1. Louisville – 82

12. Oregon – 74
4. Saint Louis – 57

6. Memphis – 48
3. Michigan State – 70

9. Wichita State – 76
1. Gonzaga – 70

14. Harvard – 51
6. Arizona – 74

5. VCU – 53
4. Michigan – 78

12. California – 60
4. Syracuse – 66

6. Butler – 72
3. Marquette – 74

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:16AM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

Damnit Harvard, La Salle, and Florida Golden Coast University, why must you rustle our jimies? I’ll upload the results of the remaining matches when every match is done.

Gulf Coast, biatch. The Gold Coast is on the opposite side of the state, where I rep from.

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:39AM EDT
Quote

Had Saint Louis in the Final Four, I had Gonzaga in the Final Four, and I had Georgetown in the Final Four.

At least my National Champion of Miami is still there. Surely they won’t lose in the next round, right?
 
come on guys I need this don’t be that team like Gonzaga was you can do that for a dude right.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:08PM EDT
Quote

Today’s Second Round Results:

7. Creighton – 50
2. Duke – 66

13. La Salle – 76
12. Ole Miss – 74

10. Iowa State – 75
2. Ohio State – 78

8. North Carolina – 58
1. Kansas – 70

11. Minnesota – 64
3. Florida – 78

15. Florida Gulf Coast University – 81
7. San Diego State – 71

9. Temple – 52
1. Indiana – 58

7. Illinois – 59
2. Miami (FL) – 62

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:12AM EDT
Quote

404 user not found wrote:

That face when Canada.

Just so you’re aware, the “f” in “tfw” actually stands for “feel.”

So it would be “that feel when Canada”

Mar 28, 2013 at 07:52AM EDT
Quote

404 user not found wrote:

That face when Canada.

Let me guess you don’t care/like March Madness because you’re in Canada?

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:14AM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

Let me guess you don’t care/like March Madness because you’re in Canada?

You’re really flexing your deductive reasoning there, Sherlock.

Mar 28, 2013 at 02:06PM EDT
Quote

Here’s tonight’s Sweet 16 results:

6. Arizona – 70
2. Ohio State – 73

3. Marquette – 71
2. Miami (FL) – 61

4. Syracuse – 61
1. Indiana – 50

13. La Salle – 58
9. Wichita State – 72

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:43AM EDT
Quote

Here’s tonight’s Sweet 16 results:

12. Oregon – 69
1. Louisville – 77

4. Michigan – 87
1. Kansas – 85

3. Michigan State – 61
2. Duke – 71

15. Florida Gulf Coast University – 50
3. Florida – 62

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:58AM EDT
Quote

Adam DeLand wrote:

Michigan beat Kansas, who was higher ranked! That’s boss!

No, that’s not boss. I had Kansas winning it all.

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:53PM EDT
Quote

Here’s tonight’s Elite 8 results:

4. Syracuse – 55
3. Marquette – 39

9. Wichita State – 70
2. Ohio State – 66

Mar 30, 2013 at 09:54PM EDT
Quote

Here’s today’s Elite 8 results:

4. Michigan – 79
3. Florida – 59

2. Duke – 63
1. Louisville – 85

Mar 31, 2013 at 07:33PM EDT
Quote

Adam DeLand wrote:

Michigan? Final Four?

Louisville>Wichita State
Michigan>Syracuse
Louisville>Michigan

Apr 02, 2013 at 09:56AM EDT
Quote

Final Four Results

9. Wichita State – 68
1. Louisville – 72

4. Michigan – 61
4. Syracuse – 56

National Championship Game on Monday at 8:00 P.M. Central on CBS

Apr 06, 2013 at 11:40PM EDT
Quote

Adam DeLand wrote:

Michigan going to finals!

Party hard while you can because Louisville is going to defeat Michigan.

Apr 07, 2013 at 12:51AM EDT
Quote

National Championship

4. Michigan – 76
1. Louisville – 82

Louisville Cardinals – 2013 NCAA Men’s Basketball Champions

Apr 08, 2013 at 11:48PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!