Forums / Discussion / General

170,541 total conversations in 5,575 threads

+ New Thread

John Riccitiello steps down as EA CEO

Last posted Mar 19, 2013 at 08:56PM EDT. Added Mar 19, 2013 at 02:05AM EDT
11 posts from 10 users

They’ll most likely appoint Peter Moore.
The guy behind the microtransactions.

We’re all doomed. That guy should have stayed CEO.

Get the ration games, people. It’s going to be a rough ride.

Mar 19, 2013 at 02:10AM EDT

As if the departure of one man could slay the monster that is EA…

Mar 19, 2013 at 08:52AM EDT

Finally, I mean wow…“I will first ruin every successful franchise this company has and then leave.”
There might be hope now in EA, maybe they will realise how much people hate them, or completely ignore everything and make a new COD game called “Dead Space 4 Doritos XP Reward Offline experience is overrated One-day-DLC dealwithit”
Now, If I could have Capcom’ CEO getting the fuck out, I would be even more happy

Mar 19, 2013 at 09:19AM EDT

jumpingoffasinkingship.jpeg

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:06AM EDT

Won’t really change anything. Especially with SimCity, for which problems came from a variety of sources, rather than just the higher ups, although they could, I suppose, receive the blame for choosing to release a broken game.

It seems that EA is viewed less by faces – think Activision and Bobby Kotick – and more as a faceless, corporate scumblob. Whenever they fuck something up (an annual occurrence now, it would seem), the blame shifts on the entity, rather than a single man We all think Bobby Kotick is an asshole, but that’s because he puts himself out there; EA’s asshole in chief does not. The president seems like more of a fall guy than anything, an expendable man who will take the heat of a crisis. Nothing will change just because they have a new president – not their policies, not their reputation, not a thing.

That’s just how I feel.

Last edited Mar 19, 2013 at 05:39PM EDT
Mar 19, 2013 at 05:34PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!