Forums / Discussion / General

169,289 total conversations in 5,522 threads

+ New Thread

If a nuclear war were to happen this century, would we be ready?

Last posted Apr 12, 2013 at 12:33AM EDT. Added Mar 29, 2013 at 12:16PM EDT
57 posts from 28 users

@BSOD

True, I am not expecting a move to be made by North Korea either, but it’s the regret of not caring that gets me. If a country makes threats of nuclear war, then it’s safe to be on high alert. We’re not going to just say nothing is going to happen and keep it as that. Being ready will save hundreds of millions of people whence North Korea sets us up the bomb.

@RandomMan

We can’t deny that North Korea sounds serious. Even when they use idle threats, one of them can be actually serious and can result in the loss of thousands, if not millions of people. If they do actually attack, there is no telling when and where they are going to attack, and how many missiles they will plan to send to us as parting gifts.

Apr 10, 2013 at 07:39PM EDT

@Lone K

I’m not against preparation. SK and the US should be setting up countermeasures right now

I am however, against spreading panic and hysteria among the general public.

Last edited Apr 10, 2013 at 08:38PM EDT
Apr 10, 2013 at 08:37PM EDT

@BSOD

So am I, but if the public doesn’t know, then it’s too late.

And I never accused you of being against preparation.

Apr 10, 2013 at 08:48PM EDT

Ernest Is dead wrote:

Only north Africa is fucked up but South Africa is a well functioning society so i’m sure if everyones getting fucked up the ass with nukes they’d get it from someone

Leaving only north Africa i suppose which most of it isn’t much to look at in most places

Well, usa is the only country on the eastern hemishpere wih nukes so mainly europe will be screwed. Canada, mexico, africa, and the northern countries should be safe. Remember, not everyone has nukes.

Apr 11, 2013 at 01:00AM EDT

Something i find funny about this situation is that all these games like Ghost recon future soldier, bf3, and other shooters are like all against russia in the multiplayer and shit. But here we are and north korea is the one fucking with us. I get they’re allies and stuff but its kinda funny to me

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:23AM EDT

@Ernest

Most of those games were made before North Korea started grabbing people’s attention but some newer ones now feature North Korea

Take Crysis for example. Crysis was new enough to realize that North Korea still serves as a modern Cold War crew for all our FPS needs and for the first part of the game you fight Pyongyangs special forces.

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:43AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Ernest

Most of those games were made before North Korea started grabbing people’s attention but some newer ones now feature North Korea

Take Crysis for example. Crysis was new enough to realize that North Korea still serves as a modern Cold War crew for all our FPS needs and for the first part of the game you fight Pyongyangs special forces.

Maybe north korea dosen’t hate america. Maybe they just want to be in video games?

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:33AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!