Forums / General

191,111 total conversations in 5,241 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Final Fantasy General

Last posted May 25, 2013 at 08:25PM EDT. Added Mar 31, 2013 at 12:22PM EDT
29 conversations with 14 participants

Thread title is quite evident. I’ll start with over nine thousand a metric ass-ton of Vivi/Black Mage pics because Black Mages are awesome.

Mar 31, 2013 at 12:22PM EDT

So Final Fantasy vs. XIII is now just Final Fantasy XV.
Opinions?

Personally, I just want them to finish it already because this is the team that’s supposed to be working on Kingdom Hearts III.

Mar 31, 2013 at 01:39PM EDT

Captain Badass wrote:

Opinions?

Personally, I just want them to finish it already because this is the team that’s supposed to be working on Kingdom Hearts III.

I think they should return to their origins and make something more akin to IX, VII, etc.
Personally in terms of gameplay I found XIII my least favorite. I did like its visuals a lot though.
Personally, I’d love to have a Final Fantasy title that brings something new and innovative to the table, but doesn’t fix anything that isn’t broken.

Mar 31, 2013 at 07:00PM EDT

Anyone here like the Tactics games (i.e., Tactics, Tactics Advance, Tactics A2)?

I’ve only played Advance and A2, but I’m really looking forward to playing another Final Fantasy Tactics game (either the first or the next installment, assuming there will be another installment.) The latter two were pretty easy for turn-based strategy games, but I loved the gameplay, the customizability, and playing tactics in Ivalice in the Final Fantasy “universe(s).”

It was FFTA that got me to play IV. IV got me to play III. III led me to XII and then XI Online and VII (as a friend bought it for me.)

Mar 31, 2013 at 07:53PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

Anyone here like the Tactics games (i.e., Tactics, Tactics Advance, Tactics A2)?

I’ve only played Advance and A2, but I’m really looking forward to playing another Final Fantasy Tactics game (either the first or the next installment, assuming there will be another installment.) The latter two were pretty easy for turn-based strategy games, but I loved the gameplay, the customizability, and playing tactics in Ivalice in the Final Fantasy “universe(s).”

It was FFTA that got me to play IV. IV got me to play III. III led me to XII and then XI Online and VII (as a friend bought it for me.)

I’ve played War of the Lions, and a seperate game Fire Emblem that is very similar to FF Tactics.

Apr 01, 2013 at 12:33AM EDT

I’ve just started playing VII, and there was one point in that I made a huge mistake. When Aeris, Barret and Red XIII are making their way out of the Shinra building, and just before they battle the machines on the elevator, I did not take the materia when I thought to. I was not expecting a battle in which projectile attacks could only work, and also I thought that their materia was already equipped. But I was wrong, since Barret was the only one who could attack regulary, Red XIII could only hit with his limit break, and they only way I could heal was with potions and Aeris’ limit break. It took long to defeat the first one, and I thought I was through, but then the second one came up and I was like “Come on!” Soon I got to a point where it was doing an attack that would take away more HP than a Phoenix Down could replenish and I was out of potions, and since the limit bar resets when someone faints, Aeris couldn’t heal. I had no choice but to reset. Luckily, I quickly learned the lesson for the second time: TAKE AND EQUIP THE MATERIA.

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:44AM EDT

Verbose wrote:

Final Fantasy Tactics for the Playstation is definitely one of my most favorite games in the series. Everything about it was wonderful. The gameplay kept you on your toes, the story wasn’t absolutely horrible, and all the classes you get to choose from make you unstoppable. I’d like to play the entry on PSP or any of the other games, but I just can’t find them around.

Apr 10, 2013 at 07:34AM EDT

I saw on the playstation website that they’re putting Final Fantasy X in HD for ps3 and vita
And i’m pumped for it because X was my favorite and i have a vita

Apr 10, 2013 at 09:45AM EDT

Adam DeLand wrote:

I’ve just started playing VII, and there was one point in that I made a huge mistake. When Aeris, Barret and Red XIII are making their way out of the Shinra building, and just before they battle the machines on the elevator, I did not take the materia when I thought to. I was not expecting a battle in which projectile attacks could only work, and also I thought that their materia was already equipped. But I was wrong, since Barret was the only one who could attack regulary, Red XIII could only hit with his limit break, and they only way I could heal was with potions and Aeris’ limit break. It took long to defeat the first one, and I thought I was through, but then the second one came up and I was like “Come on!” Soon I got to a point where it was doing an attack that would take away more HP than a Phoenix Down could replenish and I was out of potions, and since the limit bar resets when someone faints, Aeris couldn’t heal. I had no choice but to reset. Luckily, I quickly learned the lesson for the second time: TAKE AND EQUIP THE MATERIA.

Ahaha, I hate it when I’m unprepared for a battle. Luckily I beef up all my spellcasters so I always have magic on my side. *Points to avatar*

Last edited Apr 11, 2013 at 05:00PM EDT
Apr 11, 2013 at 04:59PM EDT

I’m trying to figure out which ones I should play next after I finish VII. I was hoping some of you would be willing to help out with this. There are some things that should be mentioned given how my taste in games has affected my playing

First things first, I have a SNES and PS1, but no other Playstaion consoles. I enjoyed playing IV due to it having an easy to understand battle system. VII is alright, but only because I don’t really care for dealing with materia, I prefer to have characters have a set list of spells if they do.

I think that IX would be best suited for me because like IV, the playable characters are in different classes so each one can do different. I’m still not sure if I’ll enjoy VI because I can’t quite tell if the battling is too complex for me. And just so you know, I’m not playing VIII, I know I won’t enjoy that one. The battling on that game definetly looks too complex for me what with its junctioning and what. It makes sense why JonTron would hate that game.

So given what I like, do you think I would like VI or IX or both?

Apr 23, 2013 at 09:41PM EDT

So how about the spin-off Final Fantasy series? Legend of the Crystal, The Spirits Within, Unlimited, etc.

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:46PM EDT

Adam DeLand wrote:

I’m trying to figure out which ones I should play next after I finish VII. I was hoping some of you would be willing to help out with this. There are some things that should be mentioned given how my taste in games has affected my playing

First things first, I have a SNES and PS1, but no other Playstaion consoles. I enjoyed playing IV due to it having an easy to understand battle system. VII is alright, but only because I don’t really care for dealing with materia, I prefer to have characters have a set list of spells if they do.

I think that IX would be best suited for me because like IV, the playable characters are in different classes so each one can do different. I’m still not sure if I’ll enjoy VI because I can’t quite tell if the battling is too complex for me. And just so you know, I’m not playing VIII, I know I won’t enjoy that one. The battling on that game definetly looks too complex for me what with its junctioning and what. It makes sense why JonTron would hate that game.

Oh totally go for VI. The battle system is simple enough. If you have VI on SNES, it would probably be wiser to keep that stored in a safe place. I did that for my copy. Try to get FF Anthology, instead. It’s seriously one of my favorite games.

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:37AM EDT

Adam DeLand wrote:

Both.

and yeah, VIII was…eh…yeah…

but also, apparently whenever Squall says, “whatever,” it’s actually a mistranslation because he’s supposed to be saying, “my bad” or “sorry,” which CHANGES HIS CHARACTER COMPLETELY!

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:53AM EDT

Adam DeLand wrote:

FFIX is the best game on the planet.

Apr 26, 2013 at 09:42PM EDT

Gaben The Troll wrote:

So how about the spin-off Final Fantasy series? Legend of the Crystal, The Spirits Within, Unlimited, etc.

I honestly could never get into the spin-off games… But don’t even get me started on The Spirits Within. It was a great movie but I don’t even see why they bothered slapping the FF title on it. It was so far unrelated to Final Fantasy that I’d be quicker to consider Mystic Quest a Final Fantasy game before I’d consider The Spirits Within a Final Fantasy movie.

May 17, 2013 at 02:16PM EDT

Captain Badass wrote:

Opinions?

That’s only a rumour so far.

May 17, 2013 at 02:28PM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

That’s only a rumour so far.

Actually it’s false.

But the team that’s working on Versus XIII includes a lot of important members from the Kingdom Hearts team.

May 18, 2013 at 10:23AM EDT

Captain Badass wrote:

Actually it’s false.

But the team that’s working on Versus XIII includes a lot of important members from the Kingdom Hearts team.

To be honest, KH is pissing me off.

It’s a decent action game, but it doesn’t even really have a good story, and it’s being dragged out way too long. It’s too much of a clusterfuck at this point and I don’t even care anymore about seeing the story completed because there’s no point. If the game itself is good though, I’ll play it.

May 18, 2013 at 03:23PM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

To be honest, KH is pissing me off.

It’s a decent action game, but it doesn’t even really have a good story, and it’s being dragged out way too long. It’s too much of a clusterfuck at this point and I don’t even care anymore about seeing the story completed because there’s no point. If the game itself is good though, I’ll play it.

I feel like they’ve systematically done away with every Final Fantasy character, side from the moogles. I love the series but it’s just started to disappoint me lately. I kind of hope KH3 is the last game in the series because I don’t want to see it lower itself any farther.

May 21, 2013 at 10:25AM EDT

I just found an abridged series on VII, and luckily it’s one that’s actually good quality and funny.

May 21, 2013 at 11:45AM EDT

Yeah i totally love Final Fantasy XXXXXXVVVVIIIII. I really think they should keep making freaking HUNDREDS more.

May 22, 2013 at 02:52AM EDT

Adam DeLand wrote:

I just found an abridged series on VII, and luckily it’s one that’s actually good quality and funny.

Suffering from awesomeness overload!

May 22, 2013 at 08:37AM EDT

I started a FFIX playthrough (Until I was sidetracked by Farcry 3) and I have to say, even though it was an intentional step down from the realism in VII and VIII, I love the lack of gimmicks in the battle system. While I liked the Materia system, Sphere Grids, and Crystarium, I didn’t like Junctioning (Even though I understood it) and I prefer to just attack my enemies and level up normally.

May 22, 2013 at 01:36PM EDT

Spider-byte wrote:

Yeah i totally love Final Fantasy XXXXXXVVVVIIIII. I really think they should keep making freaking HUNDREDS more.

That’s not even a real number.

Did you mean to say Final Fantasy XCV?

May 22, 2013 at 07:04PM EDT

QUALITY.

Last edited May 22, 2013 at 07:26PM EDT
May 22, 2013 at 07:24PM EDT

Sometimes I like to imagine making my own movie versions of certain things in my head, and as I’ve been playing it, I’ve been imaging a miniseries of VII. Unlike Advent Children which was animated (though at first glance you wouldn’t think it was) and essentially a sequel, this would be live action and based on the actuall game. It’d have to be a miniseries or else it would be too long, and I wouldn’t want to risk splitting into several different movies and have the first one not be successful. I don’t have a real good idea of who to cast, though I would want them to have full backround knowledge on the source material first. I know that Rachael Leigh Cook voiced Tifa in AC, but I don’t know if she would actually look the part. Since Red XIII and Cait Sith’s role would be voice only, their original voice actors in AC would work here as well (especiall since Red only got ONE LINE in AC). As for the rest, the only thing I can think of is having Quniton Jackson as Barret.

May 25, 2013 at 08:25PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!