Forums / Discussion / General

169,835 total conversations in 5,537 threads

+ New Thread

April Fools' Day 2013

Last posted Apr 02, 2013 at 01:34AM EDT. Added Mar 31, 2013 at 02:22PM EDT
38 posts from 26 users

So it’s a day early, but YouTube already posted this year’s April Fools’ video, and I figured I might as well make this thread.

Here’s the stream for their nominee announcement, starting tomorrow at 9AM EST.

As for any other April Fools’ videos, news stories, and the like, post them here as they begin to crop up.

Last edited Mar 31, 2013 at 02:27PM EDT
Mar 31, 2013 at 02:22PM EDT

Should we put this in a different section? I think last year’s thread was in Meme Research.

Mar 31, 2013 at 03:56PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Should we put this in a different section? I think last year’s thread was in Meme Research.

This is just sharing April Fools stuff, not research for a possible entry. Should it come to that a seperate thread can be made.

Mar 31, 2013 at 04:00PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

So it’s a day early, but YouTube already posted this year’s April Fools’ video, and I figured I might as well make this thread.

As for any other April Fools’ videos, news stories, and the like, post them here as they begin to crop up.

I was looking at one of my videos and noticed it was nominated for this. Funny that only 100 people have viewed it.

Mar 31, 2013 at 07:39PM EDT

Okay, I’m 41 minutes late to post in this thread, but I thought I’d note that we should be prepared for what the web does to u- wait a minute… Soundcloud is already there:

The Dropometer?

Mar 31, 2013 at 07:43PM EDT

Can someone make an entry for AF2013? I already got Google Analytics telling me the ISS is watching my website.

Mar 31, 2013 at 09:04PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Just in: Google Nose

Damnit, you beat me to it.

Please tell me that I wasn’t the only one who fell for it.

Mar 31, 2013 at 10:57PM EDT

crusty wrote:

Damnit, you beat me to it.

Please tell me that I wasn’t the only one who fell for it.

Last edited Mar 31, 2013 at 11:24PM EDT
Mar 31, 2013 at 11:24PM EDT

Nikolaki8 wrote:

I was looking at one of my videos and noticed it was nominated for this. Funny that only 100 people have viewed it.

What’s the link? I’m intrigued now.

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:43PM EDT

Google Maps have a treasure mode…prolly won’t compare to their 8-bit RPG map thing from last year though.

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:51PM EDT

Deus Ex’s Facebook page said they were going to show off a new game called “Deus Ex: Human Defiance” TOMORROW (they used caps for tomorrow on their post). When someone said “i hope this is a new game” they said “It Is!”. They seem to be very enthusiastic about this, which leads some to believe that Eidos is pulling a prank, but they got the rights to Human Defiance about a month ago. We’ll have to wait to see if this is an April Fools joke or not.

Apr 01, 2013 at 12:38AM EDT

Oh boy, Valve:
http://storestteampowered.com/app/4411/

EDIT: It’s accually not Valve, but someone with a mean joke

Last edited Apr 01, 2013 at 09:11AM EDT
Apr 01, 2013 at 09:10AM EDT

Gaijin (devs behind the recent “War Thunder”) just released a new content package today. Its awesome. Take a look at it below.

Those damn Russians beat us.

Apr 01, 2013 at 09:13AM EDT

Sorry guys, we fucked up.

Apr 01, 2013 at 09:18AM EDT

Daft Punkjet wrote:

Oh boy, Valve:
http://storestteampowered.com/app/4411/

EDIT: It’s accually not Valve, but someone with a mean joke

That’s a very cruel joke.

Apr 01, 2013 at 10:49AM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

T-30 minutes on that stream. I’m wondering what it will be? Maybe they’ll rick roll everyone. XD

@Teh Brawler: That gave me diabeetus.

Apr 01, 2013 at 11:33AM EDT

Cute Master The Literati Mod wrote:

T-30 minutes on that stream. I’m wondering what it will be? Maybe they’ll rick roll everyone. XD

@Teh Brawler: That gave me diabeetus.

They’re just reading video names and descriptions. I didn’t know what to expect but this is a tad… boring. Although they have just reminded me you can kill Ganondorf with a fishing rope.

Last edited Apr 01, 2013 at 12:11PM EDT
Apr 01, 2013 at 12:10PM EDT

Twenty-One wrote:

They’re just reading video names and descriptions. I didn’t know what to expect but this is a tad… boring. Although they have just reminded me you can kill Ganondorf with a fishing rope.

They’re… still reading… the timer is 4:45:00… One of the presenters is eating pasta or something in the background… The other one looks like “kill me”. This is one of the most elaborate April Fool’s jokes ever.

Apr 01, 2013 at 04:43PM EDT

Twenty-One wrote:

Been watching the thread for over an hour, still laughing surprisingly often.

Incidentally, I just played LoZ:TP for the first time in March; the fishing line move was hilarious, I’ve replayed the final battle several times just for lulz.

Apr 01, 2013 at 05:18PM EDT

Pretty funny Minecraft fake update today. If you feed animals too much they explode, diamond chickens, a pink wither boss, and horses that are only retextured pigs.

Apr 01, 2013 at 05:19PM EDT

According to his Facebook page, George Takei has apparently cast as Jedi Master Ceti Maru in J.J. Abrams’ new Star Wars movie, which has been officially titled “Star Wars: Galactic Empire”.

True story.

Apr 01, 2013 at 05:44PM EDT

Brucker wrote:

Been watching the thread for over an hour, still laughing surprisingly often.

Incidentally, I just played LoZ:TP for the first time in March; the fishing line move was hilarious, I’ve replayed the final battle several times just for lulz.

Just returned, 6 hours in…
…THEY’RE STILL GOING?!

I think the true April Fools prank is on those two.
Other than that, has anyone noticed that they are repeating some nominations?

Last edited Apr 01, 2013 at 06:21PM EDT
Apr 01, 2013 at 06:03PM EDT

Did reddit acquire TF2?

Or did TF2 acquires reddit?

As the TF2 team puts it:

But realistically, because today is the International Day of Foolishness, anything we told you guys would just be met with suspicion. And when have we ever trolled our community? Never, that’s when.

Last edited Apr 01, 2013 at 06:06PM EDT
Apr 01, 2013 at 06:05PM EDT

Adam DeLand wrote:

A Billboard chart video maker decided to have a little fun

So much win! Got to get those songs…

Apr 01, 2013 at 07:18PM EDT

gamefaq just turned this holiday into a way to justifiy acting like a prick to people

oh and here the new Deus Ex game

Last edited Apr 01, 2013 at 09:22PM EDT
Apr 01, 2013 at 09:19PM EDT

And Youtube’s stream comes to a close. Now we’re just watching the presenters sleep. But after 12 hours of that, it’s a well-earned rest.

Apr 01, 2013 at 11:54PM EDT

Mister J wrote:

Did reddit acquire TF2?

Or did TF2 acquires reddit?

As the TF2 team puts it:

But realistically, because today is the International Day of Foolishness, anything we told you guys would just be met with suspicion. And when have we ever trolled our community? Never, that’s when.

Click the last period of Valve’s response.

Apr 02, 2013 at 01:34AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!