Forums / Discussion / General

170,186 total conversations in 5,454 threads

+ New Thread

Worst Company in America "EA" wins golden poo 2 times in a row.

Last posted Apr 10, 2013 at 10:30PM EDT. Added Apr 09, 2013 at 12:57PM EDT
18 posts from 12 users

It is a good day today.
EA won the Golden Poo with 77.53% of votes, mostly by /v/ scriptfags.
http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/
Now we wait for the hilarious damage control, EA blaming homophobes and madden fans for winning this.

Last edited Apr 09, 2013 at 01:00PM EDT
Apr 09, 2013 at 12:57PM EDT

Yes, laugh while you can…laugh all you want in fact…
In this very year, we will release Doritos XP pack and a alternate DLC ending to…every franchise you love, nothing but color endings and toned down gameplay, removing different mechanics and giving you nothing but a half-assed CoD experience over and over and over…

You cannot escape…
We shall find you…
And buy you
And make crappy sequels with your corpse…
All hail EA…

Apr 09, 2013 at 01:06PM EDT

EA has titles I like so I’m not going to comment.

Apr 09, 2013 at 04:58PM EDT

I never really bother with the whole developer fanboyism, I don’t really get why people do, for me its just “that looks like a pretty cool game, ill buy that,” or “that’s the sequel to my favorite game ill buy that for sure” half the time I don’t even bother taking note of who they were made by

Apr 09, 2013 at 05:40PM EDT

Yeah, EA is bad, whatever. Blah blah blah. Many of their games still kick ass; it’s just poor handling and online support that can make the experience less impressive.

Apr 09, 2013 at 06:51PM EDT

EA actually did reply to the outcome of the poll:

(Note: This is a parody.)

Their argumentation however, is extremly flawed. Sure, an oil spill is worse than bad vidya, but being the worst company can be gained through multiple ways, as a bad company is commonly decided on how they make decisions and treat their customers.

Given that this is a poll from the Consumerist, it’s clearly about consumer relationship with a company and with that should make it obvious that the outcome is decided by company issues like consumer treatment as voted by the consumers. Both EA and Bank of America (the other finalist) are infamous for their shitty consumer treatment, EA just has the votes of communities like /v/ which makes it end up higher. Not to forget that statements like this or putting the blame on homophobes and whiners don’t help the cause.

Last edited Apr 10, 2013 at 05:31PM EDT
Apr 09, 2013 at 08:28PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Both EA and Bank of America (the other finalist) are infamous for their shitty consumer treatment

Mfw I got nothing but awesome customer service from Bank of America. Helpful staff, etc. (Better service in NY state?)

Anyway, EA is just an extremely sore loser. Instead of changing shit for the better, they choose to complain, making them look even worse.

EA is making stuff that is supposed to be fun (games), a giant pain in the ass with shitty DRM and customer treatment, so of course they are going to be hated, but they’re just to dumb to understand that.

Last edited Apr 09, 2013 at 09:44PM EDT
Apr 09, 2013 at 09:16PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

EA actually did reply to the outcome of the poll:

(Note: This is a parody.)

Their argumentation however, is extremly flawed. Sure, an oil spill is worse than bad vidya, but being the worst company can be gained through multiple ways, as a bad company is commonly decided on how they make decisions and treat their customers.

Given that this is a poll from the Consumerist, it’s clearly about consumer relationship with a company and with that should make it obvious that the outcome is decided by company issues like consumer treatment as voted by the consumers. Both EA and Bank of America (the other finalist) are infamous for their shitty consumer treatment, EA just has the votes of communities like /v/ which makes it end up higher. Not to forget that statements like this or putting the blame on homophobes and whiners don’t help the cause.

This just doesn’t sound real.

Also don’t diss that oil spill man. I got friends in Mayflower.

Never forget ;-;7

Apr 09, 2013 at 09:34PM EDT

@Randomman

Did EA actually write that?

Like Cale, I am somewhat unconvinced. I’m pretty sure their PR teams would never allow a message that sarcastic to be released publicly to the internet. It sounds like something your typical argumentative internet rebuttalist would say in a comment section

Although it probably has a point that there are far shadier business than EA (Not that EA doesn’t deserve what they are getting)

Last edited Apr 09, 2013 at 09:52PM EDT
Apr 09, 2013 at 09:50PM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Randomman

Did EA actually write that?

Like Cale, I am somewhat unconvinced. I’m pretty sure their PR teams would never allow a message that sarcastic to be released publicly to the internet. It sounds like something your typical argumentative internet rebuttalist would say in a comment section

Although it probably has a point that there are far shadier business than EA (Not that EA doesn’t deserve what they are getting)

This is not exactly an “official” EA statement, more COO Peter Moore’s one on EA’s blog. EA has written statements like that before in reply to the Consumerist’s poll or just consumer complaints in general. You can read something about it as well on the official EA website in an article written by Moore. He brings up the same arguments.

As unlikely as it may seem, that statement is most likely legit. (Mod Edit: The arguments brought up are legit, the language is not.)

I doubt he’ll use the language in my previous posts in “official” statements.

Last edited Apr 10, 2013 at 05:26PM EDT
Apr 10, 2013 at 12:41PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

This is not exactly an “official” EA statement, more COO Peter Moore’s one on EA’s blog. EA has written statements like that before in reply to the Consumerist’s poll or just consumer complaints in general. You can read something about it as well on the official EA website in an article written by Moore. He brings up the same arguments.

As unlikely as it may seem, that statement is most likely legit. (Mod Edit: The arguments brought up are legit, the language is not.)

Oh he mad

Apr 10, 2013 at 01:16PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Can you link one of these previous statements? I find it hard to believe even Peter Moore would make this one, and it seems like it’s just a parody made by Dorkly.

And I dunno, it just seems too….insightful for EA.

Last edited Apr 10, 2013 at 04:11PM EDT
Apr 10, 2013 at 04:09PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

I find it more reasonable to believe it fake, but it’s possible that Moore wrote this independently and released it as such.

As a result, I think it’s a bit unfair to judge EA by this specific instance.

Apr 10, 2013 at 04:59PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Can you link one of these previous statements? I find it hard to believe even Peter Moore would make this one, and it seems like it’s just a parody made by Dorkly.

And I dunno, it just seems too….insightful for EA.

Well, yes, the exact details as it should’ve apparently been from Moore contains parody and is clearly fake. That he would use such language is very unlikely. The point about them however is that the arguments are the same, such as blaming it on LGBT and comparing it to oil spills.

But true, I was wrong in thinking that could’ve been Moore’s own words, my apologies for that. It was however a parody from a legit reply, so the points brought up remain.

Simply Googling for “Peter Moore Reply Consumerist Poll” will give you various sites mentioning both Moore’s reply and the Consumerists reply to that. But most of it is articles digging in on points brought up by Moore and analyzing them as unsightful and bad excuses. Various articles requested replies from EA, all got “We can do better. We will do better” in return. Other replies I meant was with their past derps such as Sim City and Mass Effect 3, and are unrelated to this poll.

So was one of Moore’s points brought up that their position is partly caused to to people opposing LGBT. No doubt EA received complaints about it, simple Google searches will confirm that. The Consumerist however has confirmed that in their nominations for EA (it were hundreds), sexuality was never an added argument, leaving major question to the legibility of that argument. Here’s the Consumerist’s Reply.

So yeah, the harsh language isn’t correct, my apologies for that, the flaws in their argumentation are. I can understand Moore’s arguments, but they are up for question on whether they truly influenced the outcome of that poll. Given that these were the people who received the nominations for EA puts some serious holes in Moore’s argumentation.

Last edited Apr 10, 2013 at 05:32PM EDT
Apr 10, 2013 at 05:15PM EDT

I saw a comment on their official website regarding the award.

It said: “Why didn’t Activision win? They don’t have Online Passes.”

Brilliant. I can only give Activision that.

I still wonder why Anonymous hasn’t made the move to hacking EA at all. If they hacked Sony like that, can’t they just hack EA as easily as opening a door?

Last edited Apr 10, 2013 at 08:49PM EDT
Apr 10, 2013 at 08:36PM EDT

Maybe they won’t hack EA out of fear of Sim City becoming unplayable again or similar consequences.

As much as people complain about EA, a lot of people are still buying, playing their games and using their services. Attacks on EA could affect them too.

Besides, no such hack on EA will get them to change their attitude and treatment of customers. EA will just patch their security holes and carry on with an even worse opinion of their own customers and Anons time will be completely wasted.

If people want EA to improve, they need to stop being EA customers. Pure and simple.

Last edited Apr 10, 2013 at 09:51PM EDT
Apr 10, 2013 at 09:48PM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Maybe they won’t hack EA out of fear of Sim City becoming unplayable again or similar consequences.

As much as people complain about EA, a lot of people are still buying, playing their games and using their services. Attacks on EA could affect them too.

Besides, no such hack on EA will get them to change their attitude and treatment of customers. EA will just patch their security holes and carry on with an even worse opinion of their own customers and Anons time will be completely wasted.

If people want EA to improve, they need to stop being EA customers. Pure and simple.

Spot on. People often fail to realize that their wallet is their most powerful vote.

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:30PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!