Forums / Discussion / General

171,552 total conversations in 5,627 threads

+ New Thread

Boston Marathon Explosion

Last posted Apr 25, 2013 at 10:44PM EDT. Added Apr 15, 2013 at 03:31PM EDT
165 posts from 79 users

These are days where you wish the “bombs” were just LED Mooninites, that definitely isn’t the case here unfortunately. Real bombs went off today, and we still don’t know who did this and why they did it. Best wishes to those who lost family members today and to those who are still waiting to hear in what condition their family members are in.

Apr 15, 2013 at 05:34PM EDT

Well, what an unfortunate turn of events in history. It may not shake the foundation of human history but it is tragic. Who knows who set off these explosive devices until further investigation, until then we all at least respect the loss of life that has occurred today.

Apr 15, 2013 at 05:40PM EDT

12 dead, at least 50 injured:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_explosions_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQfVsH1yI

Suspect detained; Saudi national:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO

Just awful.

Apr 15, 2013 at 05:45PM EDT

CaptKev wrote:

12 dead, at least 50 injured:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_explosions_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQfVsH1yI

Suspect detained; Saudi national:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO

Just awful.

The Boston Police Department has said that no arrests have been made, contrary to the NY Post article. However, NBC tweeted something corroborating the NY Post article: https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/323911328832036864

Last edited Apr 15, 2013 at 05:54PM EDT
Apr 15, 2013 at 05:53PM EDT

Not only does my mother work in Boston, but my boyfriend, my boss and his father were all in Boston today. It’s such a chilling feeling knowing that any of them could have been a victim of something like this today…

I want to thank all of you that have been posting articles and information about this (especially you, Phillip). I was at work when this happened, so I knew about what happened but couldn’t really gather information myself.

Having something like this happen so close to where I live… It really hits close to home…

Last edited Apr 15, 2013 at 06:01PM EDT
Apr 15, 2013 at 06:01PM EDT

I hope they bring the twisted villian to justice. I hope they don’t show his or her face. These people don’t deserve to be “famous” for these horrific acts.

Apr 15, 2013 at 06:01PM EDT

I’ll echo RandomMan’s sentiments. I appreciate all of the updates from everyone. I think it’s no surprise that KYM’s collective ability to objectively document translates well into an ability to report. I’ll also lurk the thread and remove anything that will derail it.

As I read from the television as of 6:05pm Eastern (ABC News), 2 dead, at least 86 injured.

Apr 15, 2013 at 06:06PM EDT

Olivia Gulin wrote:

The explosions were caused by bombs, and a squad found additional explosives at the scene of the race. This was not an accident.

I was only wondering, I never actually meant to say it was an accident as if I thought that were true, (hang on, looking back, what I was saying was that it was never going to be regarded as an accident by anyone if two bombs went off and in this manner at this time.) it certainly seemed to be a bombing in the first place.

Again, what a terrible thing. I’ll always hate bombings, they’re one of my most hated crimes on humanity.

Last edited Apr 15, 2013 at 06:21PM EDT
Apr 15, 2013 at 06:15PM EDT

Three explosions in different places – it was a planned attack
Too much fire and smoke to be high explosives, the sound is also too low. Gunpowder, cordite or something similar? Maybe something homemade?
No one has taken the blame so far. Also it seems no one used “a free ticket to paradise”. It doesn’t look like an act of islamic terrorism.

Nevertheless a grim and loathsome attack.

Last edited Apr 15, 2013 at 06:22PM EDT
Apr 15, 2013 at 06:16PM EDT

boston police say JFK library incident may not be connected to the marathon attack

Apr 15, 2013 at 06:20PM EDT

I…
I mean, what exactly can I say about this? I’m seriously at a loss for words. I mean, I already knew how much of a piece of shit a person is capable of being, so nothing new there. I guess I’m just glad that most people haven’t become desensitized to these horrible events, because it almost seems like we should be considering how often they happen. Once it’s hard for us to feel any major emotions about it, then we’ll have far less motivation to prevent them. And yet… how can we do this in the first place? No proposed course of action has come even close to being generally agreed upon, and I certainly don’t have a fucking clue.
So what I’m basically saying here is that there aren’t enough “I don’t want to live on this planet anymore” images in existance to properly convey my current state of mind.

Apr 15, 2013 at 06:27PM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

Not only does my mother work in Boston, but my boyfriend, my boss and his father were all in Boston today. It’s such a chilling feeling knowing that any of them could have been a victim of something like this today…

I want to thank all of you that have been posting articles and information about this (especially you, Phillip). I was at work when this happened, so I knew about what happened but couldn’t really gather information myself.

Having something like this happen so close to where I live… It really hits close to home…

I’m hoping all your loved ones escaped unscathed and well.

Apr 15, 2013 at 06:28PM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

There are 3 possiblities
1 al queada terrorist back at it again
2 north korea(they have declared war on u.s.)
3 fucked up american

Apr 15, 2013 at 06:28PM EDT

The question is: was it a gas leak that caused the explosion or was a real bomb detonated?

Apr 15, 2013 at 06:32PM EDT

As of earlier, the Boston police deny reports that the suspect is in custody.

My god, this is really fucking horrible right now. I still have that bloody (no, not trying to be funny right now) image of the man that had his legs blown off.

I’d think this day would be good, but no. My eyes are tearing up right now. I have never felt this sad in a long time.

I hope everyone who was injured there recovers and I hope the families of those who died will recover from this tragedy.

Apr 15, 2013 at 06:34PM EDT

ColePhelps wrote:

The question is: was it a gas leak that caused the explosion or was a real bomb detonated?

If it was a gas exsplosion it would have
A. Been bigger
B.had more flames

Apr 15, 2013 at 06:36PM EDT

My cousin, Allyson, was in front of the finish line waiting for her mother. She and her mother were not injured, but it seems she’s not doing well mentally.

Don’t cry, Ally.

Apr 15, 2013 at 06:38PM EDT

I might suggest people do a bit of research (or reading through the previously linked articles) before asking questions that have almost certainly been answered.

There were two explosions with shrapnel that detonated in succession. This is enough evidence to indicate that it wasn’t an accident.

As for it, um, being Al-Qaeda or North Korea, DPRK (North Korea) would likely try something bigger than a homemade bombing. Furthermore, as someone has already explained, North Korea would have likely already claimed the attack if it was them.

I suppose it could be Al-Qaeda, but it could just as easily be any other terrorist group. The US is hated by more than Al-Qaeda.

Apr 15, 2013 at 06:39PM EDT

IsaacClarkeSNL wrote:

I hope they bring the twisted villian to justice. I hope they don’t show his or her face. These people don’t deserve to be “famous” for these horrific acts.

This right here. Whoever did it shouldn’t get one second of air time with his/her face or name in it. But knowing the major news corporations, they’ll make the man a household name… =\

Apr 15, 2013 at 06:39PM EDT

Rimshot wrote:

There are 3 possiblities
1 al queada terrorist back at it again
2 north korea(they have declared war on u.s.)
3 fucked up american

In my opinion, option 3 seems the most likely; 1 is also quite possible. If North Korea really wanted to attack the US, it would be a whole lot worse. I’d rule that one out.

Still, regardless of who did it, or whatever reason they had to do it, they deserve whatever comes to them. My thoughts and prayers go out to the injured, the deceased, and their friends and families.

Apr 15, 2013 at 06:40PM EDT

Rimshot wrote:

If it was a gas exsplosion it would have
A. Been bigger
B.had more flames

I agree. The fact that it was quite “bigger” and being more “explosive” made me consider that it was a real bomb. Considering that it was a real bomb, we should look forward to who did it. North Korea is an option, although i don’t see real intention from them(remember, Little Kim does what he’s doing to gain power inside DPRK army).

Last edited Apr 15, 2013 at 06:44PM EDT
Apr 15, 2013 at 06:43PM EDT

Seems like everything is just going to shit today.

At least the emergency response was good.

Apr 15, 2013 at 06:52PM EDT

ColePhelps wrote:

I agree. The fact that it was quite “bigger” and being more “explosive” made me consider that it was a real bomb. Considering that it was a real bomb, we should look forward to who did it. North Korea is an option, although i don’t see real intention from them(remember, Little Kim does what he’s doing to gain power inside DPRK army).

People like to forget that korea has declared war on u.s.

Last edited Apr 15, 2013 at 07:03PM EDT
Apr 15, 2013 at 07:00PM EDT

All I can say about this tragedy is this: they better find who did this, and bring them to justice.

And I hope the punishment for this psycho is severe, we must show those that we will not back down whenever someone tries to harm us.

Apr 15, 2013 at 07:00PM EDT

Well shit. I was just in Boston last Friday, I have friends and family there, though thankfully, from what I’ve heard so far no one I know was hurt. It’s kind of eerie, you know? Usually these things happen in New York or the Southwest, but Boston? That just hits too close to home.

Last edited Apr 15, 2013 at 07:03PM EDT
Apr 15, 2013 at 07:02PM EDT

Rimshot wrote:

People like to forget that korea has declared war on u.s.

To be blunt, my brother is a solider. Army, spent time in Afghanistan. He’s seen things (and smelled things…) I hope you guys never have to see.

…Two small bombs is not war.

Apr 15, 2013 at 07:15PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

To be blunt, my brother is a solider. Army, spent time in Afghanistan. He’s seen things (and smelled things…) I hope you guys never have to see.

…Two small bombs is not war.

I didnt imply that it is war. I was reminding people that it could have been korea because they did declare war on us. And they are s bit childish

Apr 15, 2013 at 07:39PM EDT

As bad as this could have been, I am somewhat happy that the death count is very low( according to what I’ve read, 2 I believe) that’s not to say that it’s not a tragedy still that those people died while many others were injured.

People can just be so sick and cruel. All those people wanted to do was run a marathon.

Last edited Apr 15, 2013 at 07:40PM EDT
Apr 15, 2013 at 07:39PM EDT

I wish the best for those injured, the families of the deceased and express our gratitude to the people who helped the wounded, whether it was there job or not.

Apr 15, 2013 at 07:58PM EDT

as a foreigner i hear all sort of opinions and speculations in the radio about this tragic event, while there is no official statement to my knowledge is prevalent the theory of a terrorist attack, one news reporter went as far as saying that the attack could have racial motivations against some competitors

Apr 15, 2013 at 08:12PM EDT

I believe it is more likely to be a domestic plot, small blast radius, small number of bombs, low number of physically injured people. However, they were strategically placed. I’m thinking that either the bomb didn’t go off as intended or it was intentionally smaller, which for a place that was as packed as the end doesn’t seem to make too much sense in my opinion. Honestly, just my 2 cents on the subject. I am not throwing out the possibility of it being anything else.

Apr 15, 2013 at 08:57PM EDT

Crimson Avenger wrote:

All I can say about this:

What the fuck is wrong with people?

It’s not the first time this happened, and it won’t be the last. Many nations and groups have practiced this style of warfare. The only difference is that now it’s on your front porch

Apr 15, 2013 at 09:11PM EDT

Rimshot wrote:

I didnt imply that it is war. I was reminding people that it could have been korea because they did declare war on us. And they are s bit childish

North Korea did not yet declare war, it ratified the granting of powers for preemptive attacks. And North Korea isn’t retarded, if they were to start a conflict, why in an international marathon, which has the citizens of its allies running?

Bad theory is horrible

Apr 15, 2013 at 09:16PM EDT

jace is a boss wrote:

north korea might have an part in this

How could North Korea be a part of this? it was a homeade bomb. Plus they would have had to get across the Pacific Ocean and most of the US, or cross Asia, Europe, Africa, and the Atlantic ocean just to get to Boston.

Apr 15, 2013 at 09:37PM EDT

Zetsumei von Kiddo wrote:

Link

Could you provide a bit of context?

Apr 15, 2013 at 09:43PM EDT

Danik wrote:

It’s not the first time this happened, and it won’t be the last. Many nations and groups have practiced this style of warfare. The only difference is that now it’s on your front porch

That’s true but it still doesn’t make any bloody sense.

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:01PM EDT

Crimson Avenger wrote:

That’s true but it still doesn’t make any bloody sense.

Which part doesn’t make sense?

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:01PM EDT

Danik wrote:

Which part doesn’t make sense?

He might be referring to the randomness of the victims and that horrible tragedies never make sense. If that is the case, I know that feel. I can’t imagine how much it would hurt to hold that much hate in one heart.

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:30PM EDT

Blargity wrote:

He might be referring to the randomness of the victims and that horrible tragedies never make sense. If that is the case, I know that feel. I can’t imagine how much it would hurt to hold that much hate in one heart.

I have to say I can’t ignore the fact that it’s Patriot Day in Massatchussetts, could be a strong corelation

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:44PM EDT

Well that the fuck man. I log on to KYM for a good day and then there’s tragic news. Sometimes I think the whole world’s going to hell these days.

I hope those guys in Boston get better soon, and I hope the law gets up to the fucking bombers.

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:13PM EDT

Danik wrote:

I have to say I can’t ignore the fact that it’s Patriot Day in Massatchussetts, could be a strong corelation

True, but I can’t possible understand why anyone would do something this horrible. I’m sick of people being forced to live in fear constantly because of one selfish psychopath.

Last edited Apr 15, 2013 at 11:25PM EDT
Apr 15, 2013 at 11:20PM EDT

I come back from work to hear this. At first I thought it was a joke because you know…North Korea’s threat for launching missiles fall despite most saying nukes wouldn’t even make it to the coastline.

The moment I was told it was the Boston Marathon and 3 dead….was in utter shock. I really hope they find whoever did this and give him what he deserves.

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:46PM EDT

Nod_Lucario wrote:

All I can say about this tragedy is this: they better find who did this, and bring them to justice.

And I hope the punishment for this psycho is severe, we must show those that we will not back down whenever someone tries to harm us.

Please don’t add more violence already to this tragedy. Also if the person was a psycho I highly doubt that they would instantly decide to send him/her off to prison, this could be the act of someone not mentally stable or has had unspeakable pain done to them. Either way my condolences to anyone who has been affected or has had anyone they know affected by this. My prayers are to you.

Also I want to thank the entire board for being extremely mature about this.

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:59PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!