Forums / Discussion / General

169,558 total conversations in 5,528 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9943 posts from 165 users

@JJ
Seriously? You’re bringing this up again? sigh When will we put the forums out of it’s misery?

Oct 14, 2013 at 06:40PM EDT
Quote

Guys, why the fuck are you letting Jolly Jew get to you?

He’s either absurdly ignorant, or just trolling. Either way, there is no reason for your jimmies to be thoroughly and vigorously rustled.

Completely ignoring what I just said, my response:

The whole “is there hope?”

That hurts a little bit. I can already see that I’m going to have to pull out the “dark side of the fandom” spiel again.

Fandoms are two-sided coins: there’s a dark side, and there’s a light side. We just have to deal with it. I’m sorry if our R34 offends your sensibilities, but you should seriously take a look at some of the other fandoms.

Especially Pokemon.

Pokemon has R34 out the ass.

But I don’t let that get me down, because I understand. People want sexy Pokemon. It confuses me greatly as to why, but I’m just going to let it be.

Now, I’m not defending R34…

Oh wait, yes I am. That is exactly what I’m doing. Even though I don’t enjoy their work, they have just as much a right to be a part of this fandom as I do, and don’t need this shit. I hate to say it, but no fandom is complete without the creepy part. We are all a part of this great, absurd web of things.

One more thing: why are you dropping these comments into PG when you know the majority of us aren’t into R34? You even knew your post was inflammatory, and you knew you’d get downvoted into oblivion.

Why?


Now, the above only applies if you aren’t trolling and are genuine.

If you’re trolling, then I have a different speech for you:

Fuck you.


As for everyone else… just ignore him, lel

I’m not even entirely sure why I bothered myself. Oh well.

Do as I say, not as I do.

Last edited Oct 14, 2013 at 07:02PM EDT
Oct 14, 2013 at 06:53PM EDT

@mark

You misread me. I said that I do not think it’s morally wrong, so I’m going to ignore that last bit of your diatribe.

My main point is that clopping is not normal human behavior and that it may perhaps be unhealthy. I know Platus is going to want to contest me to the bitter end on this one, but putting deconstructionist objections aside, I think most people will agree that there does exist such a thing as normal if we take normal to mean “An attribute shared by most things of a certain type.” It’s normal for people to have a body temperature somewhere in the 90s, it’s normal to for dogs to wag their tails when they’re happy. Being abnormal isn’t necessarily a bad mind, but it is a thing.

I dispute BSoD for claiming that pansexuality (I believe pansexuals are the ones who claim to be attracted to a person or thing purely based on personality) is normal for humans, and I dispute you and Brownmane for trying to get rid of the idea of normalcy altogether.

I agree with JJ that clopping is abnormal behavior, but I think he’s still being rather a prick about it. As I said earlier, being abnormal doesn’t make something necessarily bad. It doesn’t make it good either, mind.

@Brownmane

…okay, the wiki managed to catch my interest. I’ll take a look and get back to you.

@Owens

Pokémon has a vibrant R34 community? Huh, I didn’t know that. I kind of want to take a look, must be some really creative porn.

Last edited Oct 14, 2013 at 07:11PM EDT
Oct 14, 2013 at 06:57PM EDT
Quote

@Fifths: Yeah… About that, most of the porn is not Pokémon, but the trainers. You know, Ash, Misty, Brock, etc.

@Gray Hoof: Oh boy, I the “Praise the Sun” Knight! He is from Dark Souls, right?

Oct 14, 2013 at 07:17PM EDT
Quote

@Fifths:

Yup, what Bruno said. Mostly trainers, although I’m seen some shit, man.

The scary thing about the Pokemon R34 is that the majority of the subjects are very underage…

The older subjects are okay though.

No, I didn’t just admit to looking at Pokemon R34.

But could you blame me if I did? Flannery’s got it going on.

Hot!

dohoho I maed a funni

Last edited Oct 14, 2013 at 07:31PM EDT
Oct 14, 2013 at 07:27PM EDT

Jimmy Boxtrousers wrote:

Best gym leader.

Rule 34 aside, she is genuinely my favorite gym leader. I just love how she’s designed in general. Ah, but we have a forum for Pokemon talk. Back to ponies.


Pictured below: Twilight Sparkle praising the sun.

Last edited Oct 14, 2013 at 07:41PM EDT
Oct 14, 2013 at 07:39PM EDT

Lol, you guys are getting rustled by Jolly Jew. I decided not to care about what he said last time he was here.

Oct 14, 2013 at 07:58PM EDT
Quote

You guys do realize we’re having a discussion, about porn, over the internet, also known as the place made for porn?

Am I the only one smelling the irony?

Look, if it gets you off, who am I to judge you? Humans are weird by nature, but that’s what makes a person special. We’re all humans in the end. Who are we to give a general description on what makes someone “normal”? “Normal” is nothing more than what we were teached in life, but that “normal” behavior won’t get us anywhere in foreign cultures. Hell, the world would be boring if we’d all be similar and “normal”.

So really, go crazy in your fetishes, you’re what makes this godforsaken place called “the internet” special, and for some reason it makes us all come back each time again. So good job you fucking perverts out there, you keep this place interesting, and got me into more “weird” stuff than I’d dare to admit.

Last edited Oct 14, 2013 at 08:25PM EDT
Oct 14, 2013 at 08:17PM EDT
Quote

You guys like Rule 34. Don’t you? I know I do!

Last edited Oct 14, 2013 at 08:19PM EDT
Oct 14, 2013 at 08:18PM EDT
Quote

Fifths said:

So while I won’t go so far as to say that clopping or some of the other shit bronies get up to is morally wrong, I maintain that it’s definitely not normal, and perhaps indicative of an unhealthy psyche.

I would strongly disagree. Fetishes have been a part of humanity since time eternal. The APA only considers them “unhealthy” if they interfere with your life. As for normality, point to someone and I can guarantee they have a fetish. It’s just how we operate.

Because they don’t conform to standard human behavior.

Who defines “standard human behavior?” The APA? They fight amongst themselves every decade on what to include or exclude in the DSM. Look at DSM-I and compare it to DSM-V and you’d be amazed at how many differences there are. Society? Again, there’s a constant change going on. What was “normal” thirty--heck, ten--years ago is now frowned upon and what was “queer” is now normal. Just look at the continual evolution of the English language to see the changes that happen to our culture.

Regardless as to who you use to define “standard human behavior,” the fact is, that definition’s going to be wrong in a decade.

Gray Hoof said:

Seriously? You’re bringing this up again? sigh When will we put the forums out of it’s misery?

When the next Thread Title Election drives Blue Screen hopelessly insane, resulting in him going on an omnicidal rampage, deleting every forum thread, which, due to the bad coding of the site, cannot be recovered, and then going up to Emperor Huh of the Cheezeburger Empire and assassinating him--triggering what becomes known as the “Blue Screen Heresy.”

Oct 14, 2013 at 09:15PM EDT
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

Fifths said:

So while I won’t go so far as to say that clopping or some of the other shit bronies get up to is morally wrong, I maintain that it’s definitely not normal, and perhaps indicative of an unhealthy psyche.

I would strongly disagree. Fetishes have been a part of humanity since time eternal. The APA only considers them “unhealthy” if they interfere with your life. As for normality, point to someone and I can guarantee they have a fetish. It’s just how we operate.

Because they don’t conform to standard human behavior.

Who defines “standard human behavior?” The APA? They fight amongst themselves every decade on what to include or exclude in the DSM. Look at DSM-I and compare it to DSM-V and you’d be amazed at how many differences there are. Society? Again, there’s a constant change going on. What was “normal” thirty--heck, ten--years ago is now frowned upon and what was “queer” is now normal. Just look at the continual evolution of the English language to see the changes that happen to our culture.

Regardless as to who you use to define “standard human behavior,” the fact is, that definition’s going to be wrong in a decade.

Gray Hoof said:

Seriously? You’re bringing this up again? sigh When will we put the forums out of it’s misery?

When the next Thread Title Election drives Blue Screen hopelessly insane, resulting in him going on an omnicidal rampage, deleting every forum thread, which, due to the bad coding of the site, cannot be recovered, and then going up to Emperor Huh of the Cheezeburger Empire and assassinating him--triggering what becomes known as the “Blue Screen Heresy.”

I could not have said it better myself, even if I had spent years studying exactly how to say it better myself on a snowy mountain top in the heart of Tibet.

Point to anyone in this room! Go ahead! Point!

The person you just pointed at has a fetish. Yes, they can deny it, but that would just make them a liar.

Even if they themselves don’t think they do, they either need to dig deeper or get out more. The only way you don’t have a fetish is if you’ve buried it or haven’t discovered it yet.

Also, about that heresy…

Will BSOD then proceed to lead an army of computer virus-infused anons in a bloody war against the rest of the Internet?

Will it be up to the fragmented remainder of the Cheezeburger Empire to stop him before him and his virus masters completely destroy everything?

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:33PM EDT

Fapping is fapping. Don’t judge me for jacking off nonsexually to Blue Screen

Oct 14, 2013 at 11:08PM EDT
Quote

I don’t care who’s trolling. It feels great to have a debate on this thread again! We’ve needed one for a while. Things were getting dull.


@X

A R34 shitstorm!?
Just for little old me!?
You shouldn’t have!

All for you, my man. Just like old times amiright?


@Fifths

Oh, that’s terrible logic dude. You’ve created a self-sealed argument, a thesis that the evidence can only affirm, that nothing can possibly disprove. When scores of people come forward with counter-evidence to you and claim they don’t have perverted sexual blah blah blah blatant and incorrect assumptions about me

Okay slow down tex. Did I say every single person on earth is a creepy pervert? No. I didn’t. Neither did I say we are all supposed to be pansexual

I never doubted you when you said you had yet to fap to any raunchy picture you drew or any other image for that matter.

Correct me if I’m wrong but it seems you are trying to write off my entire point by making it sound like it’s the opposite extreme to your own argument. That is; you seem to think that human sexuality has normalised standards that are essentially pure and you seem to think that I am arguing the opposite of that: humans having normalised standards that are essentially perverse.

But my argument was entirely different. I’m trying to say that how humans handle sexuality is completely boundless. Over the course of history, it has been proven to be extremely fluid. I know people who never fapped to anything. I know people who HAVE fapped to everything and they are no different from each other as people.

In both past and present records, I’ve seen guys marry goats, their grandmas, toys and pillows. I’ve seen people fuck everything from porcupines to public park benches. Frankly, the only thing that’s truly normal in human sexuality is the fact that humans express it. If a sexual expression is looked down upon on society, that’s because society dictates it (And I’m not saying thats wrong either).

Your belief that human nature in general allows humans to displace sexual feelings to whatever is entirely based on the evidence presented by a minority of internet weirdos who are called weirdos for a reason: Because they don’t conform to standard human behavior. To extrapolate from them to human nature generally is entirely unjustified.

I don’t know this from merely watching 1 or 2 porn sites and observing the actions of a few creeps. I learned this from my 2 decades of life experience, watching the news and seeing it happen all over the world.

Besides, I don’t think the internet is too off base either. As I always like say: The internet is where mankind shows his true colors.

From personal experience, there are plenty of things which I’m affectionate towards and which ‘have all the right curves’ that I couldn’t even imagine being attracted towards.

I know. There are plenty of things that I am affectionate towards and which have all the right curves and I’m not attracted to them either. But I never said you HAVE to fap to those things or that you are SUPPOSED to feel sexually towards them. Simply that it’s not abnormal when you do get such emotions because its basic human nature to have them.

I know I’m just one person and that doesn’t make an argument towards human nature generally, but this picture of humanity you’re painting strikes me as entirely absurd.

Whats absurd? The fact that we are sexual creatures that seeks sexual expression in our own induvidual and subjective manners? The fact that how we do so is unbound by any kind of natural constraint short of personal orientation? The fact that what we find sexually interesting is a sophisticated math just like everything else bout the human psyche?

Last edited Oct 15, 2013 at 12:27AM EDT
Oct 15, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
Quote

Fifths Wrote:


@Mark

You misread me. I said that I do not think it’s morally wrong, so I’m going to ignore that last bit of your diatribe.

My main point is that clopping is not normal human behavior and that it may perhaps be unhealthy. I know Platus is going to want to contest me to the bitter end on this one, but putting deconstructionist objections aside, I think most people will agree that there does exist such a thing as normal if we take normal to mean “An attribute shared by most things of a certain type.” It’s normal for people to have a body temperature somewhere in the 90s, it’s normal to for dogs to wag their tails when they’re happy. Being abnormal isn’t necessarily a bad mind, but it is a thing.

I dispute BSoD for claiming that pansexuality (I believe pansexuals are the ones who claim to be attracted to a person or thing purely based on personality) is normal for humans, and I dispute you and Brownmane for trying to get rid of the idea of normalcy altogether.

I agree with JJ that clopping is abnormal behavior, but I think he’s still being rather a prick about it. As I said earlier, being abnormal doesn’t make something necessarily bad. It doesn’t make it good either, mind.

In any case… Though the habits may be unhealthy, they may not be. And though the underlying reason may be an unhealthy psych, it might not be.

…And even if the underlying cause is an unhealthy psyche, that does not make the habit unhealthy, as the habit may be causing much needed emotional relief from the pain of what may be debilitating emotional pain. Allowing them a chance to have temporary at least relief from whatever emotional problems we all have.

…Whether any of this is abnormal or not, I don’t know. But from my position it’s hard to see people as being 100% emotionally healthy. Everyone seems damaged somehow from my perspective, so that makes it normal. The abnormal, and somewhat therapeutic practices people have to dull that pain are actually quite interesting though, so excuse me if I don’t think being abnormal is bad here.

And of course, whether or not one does have emotional pain or anything unhealthy about their psyche, it’s certainly not a bad thing, or anything to be ashamed of, provided they are dealing with it in a non destructive means. This is mainly for the same reason that one shouldn’t be ashamed if you’ve been shot in the leg; its usually not your fault, and you’re probably trying to get to a hospital to treat the wound anyways. (After you’ve put on some disinfectant and stemmed the bleeding.) And if you’re not able to walk quite right afterwards, using a walking stick is not something to be ashamed of either.

And I would personally find the subject of unusual porn habits to be one of the healthiest coping mechanisms there are. So I’m certainly not against it. It’s certainly a physically healthier way of dealing with emotional pain than eating ice cream. (Unless you’re anorexic, in which case go for the ice cream).

So yeah.

Of course, even if you are healthy… Unusual porn is still a fairly okay activity. Again, you burn calories, nobody gets hurt, its private so nobody should care, and it feeds a creative mind’s need for stimulation.

In other words, on this appended ending note… If it hurts none, neither yourself or others, and it makes you feel good… Then go for it. Especially if you’re in the safety and privacy of your own home so nobody cares anyways.

Basically… Everyone has my permission to fap. (Just don’t talk go into detail about it here.)

Oct 15, 2013 at 12:46AM EDT
Quote

Since this is continuing I might as well add my input.
First, getting turned on by anything other than coitus is a fetish. So realistically the vast majority of people with any sex drive at all have at least one. In fact, they probably have a few, or even several.
The Rule 34 of this fandom is certainly odd but most of it really doesn’t bother me, though some of it does.
I I have more to say but I’ll need to say it later.

Oct 15, 2013 at 05:50AM EDT
Quote

Owens said:

Will it be up to the fragmented remainder of the Cheezeburger Empire to stop him before him and his virus masters completely destroy everything?

The shattered remnants of the Cheezeburger Empire will merge with the 4chan Confederation and Chancellor Moot will lead their combined forces in his quest to avenge his fallen comrade. Unfortunately, his desire for revenge will blind him to the corrupting influence that the now insane Blue Screen has. Blue Screen will then use that influence to take over /b/, who’ll flood their cancer to the other members of the Confederation.

While the Confederation implodes, it will be up to the remnants of the Pony Thread to try and stop Blue Screen, all the while trying to control the increasingly unstable Fifths, who’s heartbroken over Blue Screen’s downward spiral and blames it on himself and his non-sexual jacking off and R34 debates.

Last edited Oct 15, 2013 at 06:02AM EDT
Oct 15, 2013 at 06:01AM EDT
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

Owens said:

Will it be up to the fragmented remainder of the Cheezeburger Empire to stop him before him and his virus masters completely destroy everything?

The shattered remnants of the Cheezeburger Empire will merge with the 4chan Confederation and Chancellor Moot will lead their combined forces in his quest to avenge his fallen comrade. Unfortunately, his desire for revenge will blind him to the corrupting influence that the now insane Blue Screen has. Blue Screen will then use that influence to take over /b/, who’ll flood their cancer to the other members of the Confederation.

While the Confederation implodes, it will be up to the remnants of the Pony Thread to try and stop Blue Screen, all the while trying to control the increasingly unstable Fifths, who’s heartbroken over Blue Screen’s downward spiral and blames it on himself and his non-sexual jacking off and R34 debates.

Don’t worry, I have a linux.

Oct 15, 2013 at 07:33AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@TSG

You’ve given me idea’s. Now to set them in motion…

Muahahaha

Oct 15, 2013 at 09:19AM EDT

@BSoD

…who cares then? I don’t give a shit that you can dig up examples of completely outlandish sexual behavior in humans, we’ve already acknowledged that that exists. Our argument is about whether outlandish sexual behavior is the norm and/or healthy.

I don’t think your claim that human sexual behavior is completely fluid is well founded. I reference the fact that we’re all here as evidence that heterosexuality has always been kind of a thing. Sure, each age has had its outliers, but I don’t think that justifies this idea of human sexuality being completely fluid.

Do you believe as Owens does that most/all humans have a fetish whether they admit it or not? Then you fall pray to the bad reasoning which I accused you of. Do you believe that most people tend to conform roughly to some sexuality while there are a few aberrations? Then we are agreed and I don’t understand why you’re arguing with me.

Oct 15, 2013 at 09:26AM EDT
Quote

@Fifths

Our argument is about whether outlandish sexual behavior is the norm and/or healthy.

Indeed, and I disagreed that clopping, or for that matter, fapping to any kind of fictional material is an indication of an unhealthy psyche. I know what actually causes people to fap to things that are not just borderline humans of the opposite sex and trust me, it’s got nothing to do with mental defects and everything to do with how the brain actually works when it comes to triggering arousal. I’ll spare you the details

Furthermore I see no reason to think that there is any kind of normal set standard in what humans can or should find attractive. Not a natural one anyway. Culturally; yes, there are things we want to define as normal by cultural standards. But as far as I can tell, that’s not actually how humans work by nature. On the surface, society certainly looks like theres a norm when it come to sexual interest. Look beneath that surface and you find people are wildly different.

But if you want dismiss that as my opinion, fine. I won’t stop you.

I don’t think your claim that human sexual behavior is completely fluid is well founded

Please note that I wasn’t about human sexuality in the induvidual sense if that’s what you are thinking. For the induvidual, most people stick with one sexuality of course. What I’m calling fluid is human sexuality in general.

You can be anything from completely straight to completely gay to nothing at all and all that in between. There’s a pretty broad spectrum and it goes well beyond that too. I know there isn’t that much easily referable study on the matter but it’s a leading theory that becomes increasingly apparent the more we look at human behaviour. And while you’re referencing the fact that heterosexuality has always been a thing, bear in mind that literally every other possible sexual combination has also existed at the same time. We’ve got records of ancient greeks banging dudes and donkeys unashamedly

Do you believe as Owens does that most/all humans have a fetish whether they admit it or not?

I don’t know about Owens, but I find that impossible to say. I don’t know what percentage of the population has fetishes, but I don’t think it’s 100%. I’m sure that fetishes only develop with experimentation, making it possible to not have one if you never really go down that road

Do you believe that most people tend to conform roughly to some sexuality while there are a few aberrations?

I believe that whatever people do with their sexuality and however it may work for them; What underlies this is a complex system that can vary wildly between each induvidual where there is nothing to be truly expected of anyone and it is impossible to say whose thoughts are ‘correct/healthy/clean’ and whose are not by anyones standard

I don’t understand why you’re arguing with me.

Because I have a fetish for arguing over the internet and all this arguing is HOT.

Dat literature…

Last edited Oct 15, 2013 at 11:32AM EDT
Oct 15, 2013 at 11:29AM EDT
Quote

@ Blue

Same here. It’s always fun and exciting to see how professional or how angry people can get over the simplest issues.

@ Fifths
Yes, I will agree that it can be abnormal many times (have you seen some of the clop pics? Fillies and foals and pets and rock and… I’ll just stop now…) But that’s what makes it worthwhile. Some of what people come up with is really sexy.

As for Jolly Jew…

Don’t let him get to you… he’ll go away.

Oct 15, 2013 at 01:07PM EDT
Quote

Well, since this discussion is continuing, so will I!
As I said before, this stuff doesn’t normally bother me but there are specific bits that bother me.
Aside from the obvious stuff (pedo stuff, REALLY creepy/bad fetishes, etc.) there are two main things that tend to bother me.
On the mild side, sometimes I’m just kinda confused by some of the things that get popular with cloppers. Like the big lust for Button’s Mom (Is it just me or is she rather plain-looking?) and the big sock fetish. Also, I’ve seen some very well received pervy pictures of DERPY. I’m not really mad, just confused.
The one that actually bothers me is when they act like it’s really normal. Not what Blue Screen is talking about, but when people seem to think the Ponies are traditionally attractive or something. Mostly seen on picture comments, where I run into people who seem to think that you’re a strange and cruel person if you don’t want to (for example) help Rarity relieve her sexual frustration.
Not really sure if I should state where I personally stand on this, probably not.

Oct 15, 2013 at 02:44PM EDT
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

Owens said:

Will it be up to the fragmented remainder of the Cheezeburger Empire to stop him before him and his virus masters completely destroy everything?

The shattered remnants of the Cheezeburger Empire will merge with the 4chan Confederation and Chancellor Moot will lead their combined forces in his quest to avenge his fallen comrade. Unfortunately, his desire for revenge will blind him to the corrupting influence that the now insane Blue Screen has. Blue Screen will then use that influence to take over /b/, who’ll flood their cancer to the other members of the Confederation.

While the Confederation implodes, it will be up to the remnants of the Pony Thread to try and stop Blue Screen, all the while trying to control the increasingly unstable Fifths, who’s heartbroken over Blue Screen’s downward spiral and blames it on himself and his non-sexual jacking off and R34 debates.

>Implying any of us frequent other parts of Cheezeburger


@Button’s Mom: Here’s a thing:

Oct 15, 2013 at 04:04PM EDT
Quote

What’s wrong about Oingo Boingo? For some reason, some people are giving shit to Andy Price about referencing it.

Last edited Oct 15, 2013 at 04:15PM EDT
Oct 15, 2013 at 04:14PM EDT
Quote

Jimmy wrote:

@Button’s Mom: Here’s a thing:

Y u no post actual song?

It’s actually pretty catchy

Oct 15, 2013 at 04:17PM EDT
Quote

@jollyjew my favorite troll

but i just have to talk about this.

cuz your so concerned

I think the brony wholly became prevented and with each day it’s becoming more sexually obsessed.

I think he means perverted but we (as in those that this isn’t our first fandom) were perverted and sexually obsessed before pone

from what i have witnessed at least 80% of the fandom are now full cloppers

lol he watches bronies clop

everyone talks how they want to have fuck their ’waifu’s

taken from another fandom called animu, the waifu has been getting fucked before your time

if someone is skeptic about my claim

I don’t even know what your clam is. Are you claiming that we are perverts? ok. did we ever say we weren’t? are you saying we like to fap to squishy marshmallow butts? ok. did we ever say we haven’t? so what is your claim and why should we care? if we are what you say we are than thanks for pointing it out Captain Obvious.

if you want more proof, just go to derpibooru or deviantart and see what are the most upvoted pictures

so you look at clop on derpibooru and deviantart do you? tell me more about how “your research” takes you to all these “sexually perverted clop sites” so you can “AHEM” bone up on your studies?

don’t say ‘its just like every fandom’. no, it’s not. there is much less smut and sexual obsession. go to the avatar gallery, how much NSFW pics you see? barely, MLP gallery has an unfathomable amount.

It is like every other fandom
anime to homestuck to pokemon to furry you just picked one cartoon out of a larger fandom.
Also you chose to compare KYM’s entries? cus I can PM you links to shitloads of Avatar porn for “more research” if you’d like.
Before pone pokemon had the record and we beat their pokeporn asses cuz we have to dominate everything and ponify everything for world domination.

so ironically, the bronies, who are fans of one of the cutest, innocent and charming shows have turned up to be the most perverted fandoms on the internet

Ironically? it was started on 4chan

i find the situation to be very, very sad and even a bit depressing.

Thanks for your concern, thanks for stoppy by and remember shhh no tears only dreams now

i know it’s a silly question, but is there hope?

NO

Troll harder next time

Last edited Oct 15, 2013 at 04:35PM EDT
Oct 15, 2013 at 04:26PM EDT
Quote

@BSoD

Hmm, well, now our argument has just become one of scientific fact and we should defer to the people studying these things. From what strikes me as common sense however, it does seem that while people’s sexuality does have a nurture element to it, I still believe it’s mostly nature.

As for whether it’s unhealthy or not,…eh…I still suspect it might indicate an unhealthy psyche, but there’s no hard evidence to back that up and even less to support the idea that the act of clopping is harmful in itself and not just a symptom, so it’s not really worth pursuing. In any case, smoking is unhealthy and I’m still happy to be friends with smokers…so long as they don’t blow that shit in my face.

I think we’ve met our quota for arguing about clopping for the week, can we move onto something else?

@Mark

k.

@Button’s mom

I think it’s hilarious how ridiculously sexualized the whole Buttonmash animation has gotten. That’s what you get for trying to introduce something innocent to the internet Jananimation!

Oct 15, 2013 at 04:29PM EDT
Quote

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

What’s wrong about Oingo Boingo? For some reason, some people are giving shit to Andy Price about referencing it.

Oingo Boingo, you say?


Mafia pones:

Oct 15, 2013 at 05:21PM EDT
Quote



RandomMan
Fedora + tommygun = magical.

Last edited Oct 15, 2013 at 06:56PM EDT
Oct 15, 2013 at 06:54PM EDT
Quote

Jimmy Boxtrousers wrote:

Oingo Boingo, you say?


Mafia pones:

Mafia Ponies? Mafia Ponies??? MAFIA PONIES?!?! How DARE you call yourself a friend acquaintance casual guy I talk to sometimes when you don’t even know that’s a Blues Brothers parody right there Not just going berserk because Blues Brothers is my favorite movie. You sicken me.

In lighter news I thought of an idea for a short discussion (and hopefully some good butthurts/lulz will ensue), people always (more like 4chan and Equestria Daily) complain about ‘fan pandering’ in the show and how it’s killing the show. Now, I’m pretty sure ‘fan pandering’ hasn’t driven anyone of us here to complain like them. But you can’t see the future you know? So, what kind of fan pandering would it take to make you feel like 4Chan or EQD?

The thing that would make me go “Seriously? You really did that DHX? Of all possible things you could’ve done to make a subtle shoutout to bronies you pick THAT?!” would have to be Showing that either Double Rainboom or Snowdrop are canon to the show. THAT would make me go /mlp/ rage.

Oct 15, 2013 at 07:19PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@TSG

You’ve given me idea’s. Now to set them in motion…

Muahahaha

Í̧̥͉̜͙̪̙̘̪t͕̀ ̡̫̪̠͍̰b̶̹͙̣̝̱̹̟̤ͅé͈͍̗̲͟g͈̫̥͎̀͝͠i̭̺̭̹̟̻n̲̕s̴̢͉̭͙͝.̶̨̟̰͙̪̞̭

Jimmy Lethal said:

>Implying any of us frequent other parts of Cheezeburger

>implying that’s not the reason Emperor Huh annexed KYM

Kewln00b said:

So, what kind of fan pandering would it take to make you feel like 4Chan or EQD?

Retconning out things certain people didn’t like (Twilicorn, [insert episode here], Cadance, etc). Nothing makes me madder than retconning. It destroys any semblance of story as it makes the story insignificant. Why should I take this event seriously if the writers won’t even? It’s been the number one reason I’ve never bothered with comic books.

Oct 15, 2013 at 09:43PM EDT
Quote

Well, since we’re now into our second day of this, I might as well say my little piece.
Honestly, I think most of the ‘arguing’ (in quotes because it’s pretty mild and without much bad blood) is based on an incongruency on the definition of ‘normal.’

In Fifth’s case, I think he’s been making the argument that ‘standard heterosexual sexuality’ is ‘normal’ in that it is the state expressed by the largest number of people in general.
Taking any random sample of any population, the ‘normal’ response would be that because you would expect to hear it most frequently.
Considering all the babies being born, I think that fact is relatively indisputable.

BSoD is coming from the perspective of ‘normal’ being used as an inherent judgement statement, which is a perfectly reasonable assumption to make since ’You’re not normal’ is typically used for just that purpose.
Calling someone ‘abnormal’ may literally mean that you just think they are different from the average person or expected outcome, but ask most people and they will say that ‘abnormal’ = ‘bad.’

That’s the real issue here.
The fact that ‘different’ = ‘bad’ for so many people.
That’s what needs to be talked about.
I have absolutely no idea what the prevalence rates of fetishes are and, quite frankly, I really don’t care.
The whole point is that talking down to someone or treating them as though they are ‘broken’ simply because they are different is not the solution.
‘Normal’ isn’t good or bad and neither is ‘abnormal.’
Context is everything.


Now, all that said, I do want to touch on one thing from Fifth’s first post on the subject that no one else seems to have pointed out: The fact that he saw this displayed at a pony convention.
That’s a whole other can of worms.
Everything I said up above relates the the impulse of sexual desire.
That internal process in a person’s brain by which they figure out what they do or do not find attractive.
In my mind, that feels mostly subconscious.
I don’t think people actively decide who or what they like, they just get the feeling that they like them.

The real issue is what they do with that impulse.
Just because I don’t believe that your feelings are morally wrong does not mean that I believe that your expression of those feelings can’t be.

Sex?
Sure, it’s fine and a perfectly natural part of life.
Sex on a public bench in the middle of a busy train station?
The hell is wrong with you!?

That’s what really bugs me about bronies doing that stuff at conventions.
Cons are public arenas with participants of all genders, ages, beliefs, and feelings and that has to be taken into account.
Walking around talking about ‘which pony has the best plot’ and crap like that just looks and sounds disgusting and completely disregards any consideration for other people around you.

I’m fine with it when you are on the internet and you know who you are talking to.
People looking at R34 on the internet are ones who want to be there so go nuts.
But strangers?
Public displays?
No, that’s where things get messed up.
If we want to get into the idea of a ‘damaged psyche,’ those are the people I would actually be worried about since they seem to lack some kind of situational awareness or consideration for the feelings of others.
The impulse itself is neutral, but the ways some choose to express it are the real problems.


@Oingo Boingo
Here’s the comic page in question for those who are unfamiliar: I Love Pretty Pink Mares!
Aaaaaand here’s the reason some people are complaining:

(Yes, that is Danny Elfman, the modern super-composer for all kinds of Hollywood movies and TV shows and, no, that is not Peter Dinklage from Game of Thrones. He was 12 when this video came out. That guy looks a hell of a lot like him though…)
Andy Price parodied Oingo Boingo’s ‘Little Girls’ which is infamous for being one of the catchiest and creepiest songs in existence because of the distinct air of pedophilia about it.
I would have to contend that the only way this reference could be ‘harmful’ to a child is if they were already familiar with this song from the early 80s, so this whole thing is nothing more than a bit of off-color humor for the older readers and really shouldn’t be treated as some huge offense.
Andy has a penchant for cute characters and dark humor.


Man, that was a lot of text.
Have some fun/cute as compensation:

Last edited Oct 15, 2013 at 09:52PM EDT
Oct 15, 2013 at 09:47PM EDT
Quote

Huh, I just realized. It’s been a few months since I’ve watched an episode of MLP…..and I don’t feel like I’m in withdrawal or anything. Although I do miss those 30 minute doses of cute ponyness…………..Well here’s to 2 months of Pony Sobriety! Runs off to Netflix

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:48PM EDT
Quote

My goodness.
I nearly forgot.
Season 4 is nearly upon us.
After all these months on desperation and decay,
The prophesy is finally being fulfilled.

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:53PM EDT
Quote

@Fifths

I think we’ve met our quota for arguing about clopping for the week, can we move onto something else?

Sure, I need to give myself a break before the next big argument…whew…that was…exhilarating

Besides, I think we’ve made both our cases reasonably clear with help from DP’s further extrapolation


@Crash

pedo stuff, REALLY creepy/bad fetishes, etc.

That’s another thing I should have mentioned: Not all fetishes/natural urges are created equal.

Some may be wierd, but also harmless and are used by people with perfectly normal functioning brains (I know that some of the sanest users on KYM have really out-there fetishes)

But there are some that DO indicate an unhealthy psyche as Fifths mentioned and the pedo stuff would be one of those

As DP said: context is everything. And how one executes or deals with the feelings they get is more crucial than the feelings themselves

Like the big lust for Button’s Mom (Is it just me or is she rather plain-looking?) and the big sock fetish. Also, I’ve seen some very well received pervy pictures of DERPY.

I’m pretty sure the thing for Buttons Mom is just a highly perpetuated MILF joke. And the internet loves MILF jokes. But if people are actually finding Buttons Mom sexy, there’s an easy explanation: Ponies all have the same body shape so if you manage to say that one looks sexy, you can do the same for all of them. That includes Derpy too.

And the sock thing started as something adorable. Ponies in socks looked cute. But it worked when placed in sexy context too, due to the reverse-striptease effect of adding clothes to nudists

The one that actually bothers me is when they act like it’s really normal. Not what Blue Screen is talking about, but when people seem to think the Ponies are traditionally attractive or something. Mostly seen on picture comments, where I run into people who seem to think that you’re a strange and cruel person if you don’t want to (for example) help Rarity relieve her sexual frustration.

You mean like when people say that ponies are sexy by design and stuff like that? I actually don’t know. Can’t be sure if those same people are serious or not.

But as for people who act like you were supposed to be fapping to that horse because >2012, those guys are definitely not being serious. Lots of people crack jokes about how fapping to horses is the whole point of the fandom. It’s making light of anti-bronies who think the fandom exists for that sole purpose


@DP

Thank you, have an upvote

Last edited Oct 15, 2013 at 11:24PM EDT
Oct 15, 2013 at 11:19PM EDT
Quote

Kewln00b said:

Huh, I just realized. It’s been a few months since I’ve watched an episode of MLP…..and I don’t feel like I’m in withdrawal or anything. Although I do miss those 30 minute doses of cute ponyness…………..Well here’s to 2 months of Pony Sobriety! Runs off to Netflix

Am I like the only person who’s only seen the episodes once (not counting the now long dead pony streams we used to do) and doesn’t really care if I see them again? I’ve never liked watching reruns.

Oh, and did you guys see the Conan skit about the Brony doc yet?

I still haven’t seen that doc yet…

Oct 16, 2013 at 05:26AM EDT
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

ok sorry guys but im back (didn’t think that so much action in just a one day break.

so the replies i got pretty much confrims all my bad suspicious.

the bronies who originally venerated the show for its charm and innocense are now all
are cloppers. and thus sexualize and objectify the cute and innocent charcaters of the show and are not least bit ashamed by this and not only that, they do this all more and ‘better’ than any other fandom.
save for at least pokemon because the franchise existed for a decade and a half now.

those pictures that the most popular fis are M rated and ‘romantic’ only further prove that the brony fandom is the most preverted. because M rating is usually for violance and mild nudity.
X rating is for explicit matirial.
I really wish that the most popular thing here to be romance, but actually what’s popular is smut and sexualization.
at least for the other fandom its somehow understandble because other shows are about humans and usually, not very innocent to begin with

i wouldn’t have a problem with it if they kept it to themselves, hell, ill confess, im also attracted to them… in more than one way so to say, but i never shout “DAT ASS” and say how much i want to have sex with twilight sparkle.

but it’s so shamless brought up and unavoidble to the point that the show is ruined for me, i can’t watch it without having sexual ideas popping up.

i guess in the end the haters are right calling ‘horsefuckers’…

Last edited Oct 16, 2013 at 09:44AM EDT
Oct 16, 2013 at 09:39AM EDT
Quote

@Blue Screen: I think we’re pretty eye-to-eye on the fetish thing and I understand so I’ll go onto the other points that might need some comment.
I’m not entirely sure the majority are kidding about Button’s Mom… Then again, you’re more knowledgeable than me about this so I should probably defer to you about this. The main thing was her getting singled out due to how plain her physical design is (you’re right about mostly uniform body-types but most have reasonably standoutish hairstyles and color schemes that could help it along while Button’s Mom is rather plain in both areas) though I guess that loops back to the MILF joke thing, so I suppose you ARE right. As for Derpy… It’s more the unusual feature – her being permanently cross-eyed, shouldn’t that be a turn-off? Yet, most of those well-loved pervy pictures of her maintain that… Not to mention she seems to be just as goofy as usual in them too…
Totally get you on the sock thing.

You mean like when people say that ponies are sexy by design and stuff like that?

I don’t know really, I meant what I mentioned, perhaps I should dig up some examples because I can’t think of a much better explanation. I was also thinking that some seem to be implying that (again, for example) lusting for Rarity is as typical and expected as lusting for Scarlett Johansson, with the same kind of reaction if you don’t want to.

But as for people who act like you were supposed to be fapping to that horse because >2012, those guys are definitely not being serious. Lots of people crack jokes about how fapping to horses is the whole point of the fandom. It’s making light of anti-bronies who think the fandom exists for that sole purpose

To be honest, I already knew THEY didn’t mean it, it’s pretty clearly a joke in those cases.

@Jolly Jew: Holy crap, do you never learn?! They’re right when they say you must either be stupid or a troll, any intelligent person would know to stop this shit by now!

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:06AM EDT
Quote

@JJ
And so the cycle continues!
I’ve got a book for you, buddy.

@Everyone else
I guess it should be mentioned for the people who might be newer around here, but don’t hold out any hope of ever ‘convincing’ JJ of anything.
He shows up here on the forum once every couple months or so, posts pretty much the exact same argument, gets pretty much the exact same rebuttals, and always comes to the exact same conclusions (i.e. He was always right, all hope is lost, yadda, yadda, yadda…)
I’ve personally seen it happen… oh, at least half a dozen times now?
He has his mind made up and anything you say to him will go right in one ear and out the other, unless he can somehow twist it to make his own point for him.
Just enjoy the discussion for the discussion and don’t worry about him.
It does no good.


Because Thread Title:

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:53AM EDT
Quote

@Button’s Mom/MILFs

I get the feeling that the entire Milf craze is actually a result of a very old thought about how on some primal level, we all note that a reasonably young and healthy woman who already has kids pops up on our radar as “Fertile”.

With non mothers, you don’t know whether they are fertile or not even if they are healthy. there could be a whole number of reasons they can’t bear kids. But with a Mother, the chance they are fertile is much higher.

Other attractive features of Mothers is if they happen to be quite good at nurturing, which is a good sign that one way or another, if you get together with them, you have better chances of your offspring being taken proper care of. And if they seem happy, then for some reason, they might have less chance of being emotionally unstable (because raising kids is hard).

So… in a purely evolutionary sense… Mothers are best romantic and sexual partners.

As for why people find HER attractive… It’s a matter of the fact she’s the only character widely accepted who’s entire job/special talent is child rearing… Which is the ideal of being sweet and affectionate. And contrary to what internet porn would have you believe, people are more attracted to the more sweet and less spicy.

What is most attractive to people, outside of the few that are into the forbidden factor, is just being the kind of being one can feel safe around and feel loved by. It’s a kind of innocent love factor.

Heck… I get the most prominent reaction from myself by browsing in Derpibooru with two tags in the search… 1, Safe, and 2, Kissing.

And with that, We getting innocent and attractive images that provoke the most response… Like so.

And with that… I get the feeling that Erotic Writers and Erotic Artists might be more effective if they … I don’t know… Had less “F** me” in the art’s message and more romance.


@Jolly Jew

Nobody Cares.

Oct 16, 2013 at 11:12AM EDT
Quote

Can we all just agree we want to have sex with BSoD and get over it

Oct 16, 2013 at 11:15AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!