Forums / Discussion / General

170,489 total conversations in 5,574 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9943 posts from 165 users

Platus wrote:

Just out of curiosity, where did all of these nicknames for the ponies start? Twilight is “Purplesmart,” Pinkie I guess is “Ponka” now, Celestia has been “Sunbutt” for a while – they’re hilarious, but where did the trend begin?

Thank /mlp/ for Purple Smart, Ponka or Song Smile, Yellowquiet, Rarara, Sunbutt, Think Rainbow Dash is Rainbro or something else. Don’t remember Applejack’s /mlp/ name because Applejack is a background pone so therefore no one on /mlp/ would put effort in giving her a nickname so I’ll just call her The Brother Fucker lol is funny because country folks and incest.

I just wonder what was going through their heads when they gave these ponies these nicknames…..especially Rarity’s. They seriously called her Rarara, still not as bad as Applejack’s possible nickname/Kewln00b’s nickname. Which makes me wonder what would happen if we had nicknames like /mlp/ gave the Pones. I say Randomman becomes Rararaman, because is creative.

EDIT: Went to go find a picture for this page get featuring Rarara by searching ‘Rarara’ on KYM. Found only….an NSFW picture which I didn’t want to click on. So instead I searched for “Rarity” on KYM and as an added twist clicked on “Lowest Score” and found the one Rarity Picture with the most downvotes that’s not creepy/Justin Bieber.

Oh Ponythread, it never ceases to amaze me. Let’s have a toast to that Pinkie Pie thread…..because you’ll probably never see me start another one of those again. Get ready for another 1200 Rainbow Dash and Rarity threads in the future mother fuckers!!!

Last edited Oct 17, 2013 at 07:15PM EDT
Oct 17, 2013 at 07:10PM EDT
Quote

^Maybe they think she’s a dude because of all the drag-queen-esque "darling"s and similar.

Anyway

Oct 17, 2013 at 07:22PM EDT
Quote

Found another thing (thx /mlp/)
On September 13 2013, developers published the demo version of the “Welcome to Starswirl” rpg game. Nearly 100mb of shipping.. Have anyone ever played yet? Lets download this thing and..

IT BEGINS

But really if anyone have ever played this demo, i want a review.

Last edited Oct 17, 2013 at 08:07PM EDT
Oct 17, 2013 at 07:56PM EDT
Quote

Speaking of the Great and Piederful Ponka are you all in the mood for a little . . . .

. . . . . Ponkamon?!

Last edited Oct 17, 2013 at 08:06PM EDT
Oct 17, 2013 at 08:05PM EDT
Quote

Alex Mercer wrote:

my sides died: BRB internacional started new total MLP ripoff series called “Filly”.
Youtube video is quickly raided by bronies. lel

Animation looks like… shit. I don’t even want to talk about voice acting.

Well, judging from everyone’s reaction, I guess I’ll be the only one on the Forum who’ll watch the pilot. I blame Pokemon. Once you watch 800 episodes of a show that uses the same plots four times, you’ll watch anything.

You never know, it might catch on. I thought the animation was okay (compared to that Nickelodeon 3D effects) and the voice acting was alright (I’ve heard worse). /mlp/‘s already made some R34 of it, so the ride’s already departed the station. Besides, competition’s always good in business.

…it’s going to suck, isn’t it?

Platus said:

Just out of curiosity, where did all of these nicknames for the ponies start?

Where most of pony related things originate, /mlp/.

Kewln00b said:

Don’t remember Applejack’s /mlp/ name

I believe it’s Tree Kicker.

And in what could be a prelude to the largest shitstorm yet news, Fimfiction has formally banned NSFW blog posts, with the mods refusing to give a reason why, only stating they are “not at liberty to say” why the feature’s been removed. Wild speculation that the FBI, Google, or Hasbro are involved has ensued.

That speculation is backed by the fact that Knighty’s very pro-clop, with multiple R34 pic dump blog posts by him indicating such. He wouldn’t remove such a feature unless some kind of shenanigans are going on.

Oct 17, 2013 at 08:05PM EDT
Quote

Alex Mercer wrote:

Found another thing (thx /mlp/)
On September 13 2013, developers published the demo version of the “Welcome to Starswirl” rpg game. Nearly 100mb of shipping.. Have anyone ever played yet? Lets download this thing and..

IT BEGINS

But really if anyone have ever played this demo, i want a review.

Was thinking of downloading it. But I don’t usually download anything as I don’t trust the internet. Who knows, this whole “Starswirl Academy” could all just be one big ploy and this guy just wants every single Brony’s personal information to use as blackmail or something. Or he’s a Bronyhater who just wants to infect every Brony’s computer with a computer destroying virus. I’m waiting until a few weeks after the whole thing is released just in case /paranoia.

Oct 17, 2013 at 08:10PM EDT
Quote

Kewln00b The Manchild wrote:

Was thinking of downloading it. But I don’t usually download anything as I don’t trust the internet. Who knows, this whole “Starswirl Academy” could all just be one big ploy and this guy just wants every single Brony’s personal information to use as blackmail or something. Or he’s a Bronyhater who just wants to infect every Brony’s computer with a computer destroying virus. I’m waiting until a few weeks after the whole thing is released just in case /paranoia.

I don’t think so. As i say, demo has been published about few days ago. Nobody ever said/mentioned about some kind of virus. No offense but i think you are kinda paranoic. Why would some “hater” work so hard on a video game for just hack our computer? People have been playing this since beginning :Go ask these guys if you wonder a lot. I am downloading the shit outa of this thing.

Last edited Oct 17, 2013 at 08:29PM EDT
Oct 17, 2013 at 08:19PM EDT
Quote

Hey guys! Did I miss the porn discussion? Darn… I had a whole bunch of very personal examples all ready too… oh well. Maybe next time.


@Pony nicknames

(Though I agree that Rarara is a much better name).
As for nicknaming other users, I ususally just take the first word or syllable and add “-ybutt” to the end. Stuntybutt, Kewlybutt, Markybutt, Jimmy… ybutt… I think this method needs a few revisions.


@Filly
“…With yellow eyes!”
(COLLECTIVE GASP)

Yeah, not exactly hooked to be honest. I’m going to try to ignore this.

Oct 17, 2013 at 09:00PM EDT
Quote

@Kewlnoob getting pages for other ponies

Nope. Once you go pink, you never rethink.

@Ponkamon

@Starswirl Academy

I’d like to try that now but It’ll have to wait till tomorrow. I became interested in starswirl academy awhile ago because it looked like there were some great artists involved but I didn’t know a demo has been up for, what, a month now? Fuck.

Oct 17, 2013 at 09:14PM EDT

@Jimmy

Why would you do that, man? Why?

Why not?


@Alex

I am downloading the shit outa of this thing.

Post results plz.


@That Filly knockoff cartoon thing

Eh, I don’t see the reason for all the rage/horror. So it’s another low budget kids cartoon, what do you expect? This is just like that Carebears cartoon that was released.

I don’t think it can be accurately judged from just the trailer but just leave it for the kids if you are unimpressed or give it a chance, up to you.

My overall impression is “meh”. I don’t see anything interesting about it at all, but I’m not the target demographic obviously so who cares. What gets me though are all the trolls complaining about it right now, calling it horrible as if it just robbed their mother and demanding to know why anyone would make it or who could possibly watch it…

…ummm…gee, I dunno…young children? So they can sell more cheap Romanian MLP knockoff toys? This isn’t hard guys

…But that’s me trying to reason with Youtube trolls.


@Stunt

Hey guys! Did I miss the porn discussion?

Yes, we had a massive porn-share and we had some really good sheep r34 saved for you, but you never showed up so we gave all the sheep porn for Fifths to fap to instead. Sorry about that

Oct 17, 2013 at 09:37PM EDT
Quote

Me and my Brony friends were in a college room minding our own business on a break, then our class walks in and goes on a computer and they all start watching the whole .mov series from start to finish, It was a very strange moment..

Oct 18, 2013 at 02:46AM EDT
Quote

Commodore said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t find colourful ponies physically attractive??? Oh well.

Oh, absolutely not.
Maybe it should have been pointed out more specifically, but no one was claiming that everyone finds ponies attractive, just that it should not be treated as some outlandish offense if they do.
More of a ‘I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it’ kind of thing.

Stupid, sexy ponies…

Well, she tried…


@/mlp/ Names
I always got the feeling that the silly little nicknames were almost parodies of the show’s own naming conventions.
I mean, when you really think about it, a lot of names on the show are basically funky little descriptions of the characters themselves.
‘Rainbow Dash’ is just her color scheme plus her favorite activity.
Looking at it that way, suddenly ‘PurpleSmart’ doesn’t seem all that crazy, really.
And Sunbutt…
Well…

That isn’t so tough to figure out.

Others, like ‘Rarara’ and ‘Ponka Pee,’ are just part of the internet’s love of intentionally mispronouncing things for the sake of silly giggles.
No deep meaning there.


@Filly
Eh, obviously it doesn’t look good enough to attract me or make me even slightly interested in its characters or story, but I don’t think it’s quite as apocalyptically horrible as some people are claiming.
The character designs are wonky and the voice acting is annoying and overdone, but that’s pretty standard fare for kids’ shows.

In fact, the main feeling I got while watching?
This is what MLP G4 would have been had Hasbro not taken a chance on Faust.
The unnecessary 3D, the more bulbous character models, the more childish writing and acting…
It’s practically G3 in 3D, and considering Hasbro’s ‘upgrade’ of Care Bears into the next dimension, they must have thought about doing that with MLP at one point or another, too.

So yeah, but for a chance meeting of Faust and Hasbro, this is what would have aired back in 2010 and this whole brony thing would certainly have never existed.
Funny, that…


@Starswirl Academy
Oh yeah!
I actually downloaded and played that a couple days ago and totally forgot to post it here!
They also have a little debut trailer:

I’m kind of curious to know how much voice acting and full animation will be in the final version.
There’s only that little bit at the end of the trailer, and none in the demo.

Anyway, for anyone curious about the demo, it’s pretty simple.
The basic premise is right along the lines of your standard anime high school interactive novel
Think Katawa Shoujo, except I’m pretty sure they’ve stated that this is not a dating game.
You play a ‘blank-slate’ kind of guy (A humanized Tom, in fact. Yeah, the rock.) who shows up in this new situation and is immediately introduced to all the characters you would expect.
That’s actually all the demo covers.
It’s really more of a ‘trailer’ than a ‘demo’ because there aren’t even any decision points in it.
It’s just a bunch of story introducing all the characters, showing you the setting, and establishing the world.
Interesting, but nothing huge.
Only takes about 15 minutes or so to read through, so I’d recommend it if you like that type of game.
Have another link!


Pinkie Pie has been so active lately!
Whats this?!

All hail!

Last edited Oct 18, 2013 at 04:44AM EDT
Oct 18, 2013 at 04:41AM EDT
Quote

@Starswirl Academy
So… Played that demo (“played” word is kinda misused in here, it should be “viewed” but anyways). All i can say is even /mlp/ were kinda grumpy about this game, it seems like most of the anon seems to be enjoyed like me. I am really lookling forward to the full version and its good plot. Musics and drawing of characters are great. Some anons were kinda upset about “black” Twi thingy.. Sigh Those chan clichés… Brazilian-stile skin color of Twi looks cool for me.

Anyways. The gameplay were kinda dull to be honest. It just gave few prewievs about the main plot. Meeting “the main six”, princess principal Celestia and Derpy.

It is still a mystery. But even that, it is really attractive. Really love those character pairings to an academic life. And those badges! Nice thought to use them as cutie marks. So i can guarantee you, you’ll be able to feel the same things on personas as same as you are watching the MLP show. So this is way way good for me because i love MLP humanization.


A quote from DeadParrot222:

You play a ‘blank-slate’ kind of guy (A humanized Tom, in fact. Yeah, the rock.)

Pun time!

Meh screw that. A rock pun wouldn’t be so hard .

Last edited Oct 18, 2013 at 08:24AM EDT
Oct 18, 2013 at 08:06AM EDT
Quote

Stunt was all like:

As for nicknaming other users, I usually just take the first word or syllable and add “-ybutt” to the end. Stuntybutt, Kewlybutt, Markybutt, Jimmy… ybutt… I think this method needs a few revisions.

>Not nicknaming me Orangerush
>Orange being my school’s primary color
>And rush being because I’m a running back


Alex was all like:

Meh screw that. A rock pun wouldn’t be so hard.

Oct 18, 2013 at 03:51PM EDT
Quote

Are you guys ready? I don’t think you are. I don’t think anyone can ever be ready for this.

The time of reckoning is once again at hand.

Last edited Oct 18, 2013 at 06:41PM EDT
Oct 18, 2013 at 06:40PM EDT
Quote

Huzzah!
The US Government is back in session, and so is my sanity! (For the time being)
All hail the triumphant queen of the master race!

Oct 18, 2013 at 07:00PM EDT
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

Are you guys ready? I don’t think you are. I don’t think anyone can ever be ready for this.

The time of reckoning is once again at hand.

Let me guess your source
Shazam!!
So.. What? Do you want to spread the “/mlp/ drama” to pony general? Pony General =/= /mlp/.

Lel pleb.

Oct 18, 2013 at 07:12PM EDT
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

Are you guys ready? I don’t think you are. I don’t think anyone can ever be ready for this.

The time of reckoning is once again at hand.

I see Asian letters (Sorry weeaboos, don’t get the pitchforks just yet. I’m sorry I can’t understand the difference between the Japanese and Taiwanese alphabets), the G3 logo and Alicorn Fluttershy. My guess: “Alicorn Fluttershy” is just about as canon as this below.

is canon to Transformers or the Titanic in general. So no drama here.

Granted, the first time Alicorn Twilight was leaked was at that Chinese Toy Fair and everyone thought it was just a Chinese Knock off toy………could be 50/50 at this point.

If it IS true then all I can say is I for one accept our new Fluttercorn overlords.

Whether it’s true or not all I can say is I’m loving this whole development because all the butthurt/confusion is great over on the Image gallery.

Last edited Oct 18, 2013 at 08:00PM EDT
Oct 18, 2013 at 07:52PM EDT
Quote

I highly doubt that this would be something to be concerned with. Is this actually causing a shitstorm?

Oct 18, 2013 at 09:39PM EDT
Quote

@Alicorn Flutters

Eh, I’m cool with that. Just as long as Rarara isn’t a man.
OR IS SHE?!!

Oct 18, 2013 at 10:35PM EDT
Quote

@Alex

So… Played that demo (“played” word is kinda misused in here, it should be “viewed” but anyways)

Katawa Shoujo and it’s spin-offs such as Starswirl Academy don’t actually classify as games. They are ‘Visual novels’

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:27PM EDT
Quote

@Fluttercorn
The Tokodoki logo on the image kind of makes this particular product suspect. While there’s always the possibility that all of the ponies could become alicorns at some point or another, using toys as references to point at outcomes will land you with failure more often than success.

They will probably be making quite a few off-canon alicorn toys. We’ve already seen some them pop up with Princess Skyla, and it seems no one recalls this particular toy released a few months ago:


Now why would Hasbro be making background pony alicorns?

For you younger people who didn’t see the show and toys of the old generations, or the people my age who didn’t have sisters with degrees in TV dictatorship, Hasbro made a lot of off-species toys from characters in the shows. Those ponies never became show-canon alicorns, but dammit, if little girls wanted winged unicorn toys, Hasbro was going to give them winged unicorn toys. Canon be damned. The toys probably sold well enough back then that they decided to give them a try now, especially with the commercial success of Princess Twilight toys.



For some actual alicorn show discussion:
The Hub’s Facebook page released this animatic image earlier:



Looks like Twilight’s not all that great at flying yet, even with her diving exit at the end of Magical Mystery Cure. Rainbow will obviously give her some help, but seeing how she acts around Fluttershy (who does know how to fly), I get the feeling this will be an adventure of frustration for the both of them.

Anyone else have any thoughts on what they’d like to see for our newest princess pony’s flight training?

Twilight, even in sketchy form, is always cute.

Last edited Oct 19, 2013 at 02:02AM EDT
Oct 19, 2013 at 01:52AM EDT

Alex Mercer said:

Let me guess your source
Shazam!!

Actually…

Pony General =/= /mlp/.
Can we all just agree we want to have sex with BSoD and get over it?
I want to cum inside BSoD.
I love his art, regardless of all the porn and dicks appearing where they shouldn’t…
>Everyone talking about sex

So then I returned today.

>Everyone still talking about sex

And that’s just from the last few pages. Denial’s the first step toward acceptance.

@Fluttercorn’s seeming legitness
The image is from Taobao (Link), which is fairly well known for leaking merch before its release.Of course, that’s not saying that what they always post is always legit.

As for the Gen 3 logo, that’s just how they do their pictures. This one of Rarity is legit (from the “Rainbow Power” line of brushables).

vintiezre said:

Is this actually causing a shitstorm?

I don’t know…

Possibly.

Last edited Oct 19, 2013 at 03:02AM EDT
Oct 19, 2013 at 03:02AM EDT
Quote

@Alicorn Fluttershy
Drama Shield, Activate!

Actually, this ‘drama’ is pretty darn lame.
Trusting Taobao’s toys as if they are at all indicative of canon is enormously silly.
Yes, they have gotten some of Hasbro’s official toys out on the market early.
They are also quite famous for being bootleggers.
xTSGx pointed out the fake Derpy they made a while back, but for a more blatant example:

They were selling knock-off ponies in this packaging over a year ago!
Obviously, they are just cheap Celestia recolors that have absolutely nothing to do with Hasbro, but I guess no one freaked out about it at the time because Twilicorn was not yet a thing.
What a difference a year makes, eh?

Another Chinese seller, another case of ‘borrowed’ fan vectors being sold on merchandise:

So yeah, guys…
Don’t just trust everything you see on the internet, especially when it originates from a country with no copyright laws.


In other news:

The upcoming Luna comic may be the last of the micro series, but more comics are on the way!
The new series is called ‘Friends Forever’ and the first issue is going to be a buddy-short pairing Applejack and Pinkie Pie.
I’ve always felt that one of the show’s strengths was the way characters bounce off of each other and it looks like this new series is going to be taking full advantage of that.
Bring it on!


And finally, an anatomy lesson:

I move that these be adopted as the official terms used in reference to pony physiques.
Clippity-Cloppers and Flippity-Floppers!

Last edited Oct 19, 2013 at 04:36AM EDT
Oct 19, 2013 at 04:33AM EDT
Quote

Ah, Chinese knockoffs. There’s nothing quite like them, isn’t there? Little tip: if there’s a recolor on the box, shit’s fake.

But the shitstorm… better grab some popcorn for this one.

Last edited Oct 19, 2013 at 12:03PM EDT
Oct 19, 2013 at 12:03PM EDT
Quote

Hay guise.

I actually got something new drawn rather quickly after my last pic, so I decided to share it here like usual. It’s kinda like a tradition already.

I’ve got another one like this coming up sometime. For those interested, it’ll be of Pinkie. I already got the base colors done for that, so I’ll be able to start with the final colors as soon as I feel like it.



If you want to ask something, just drop by my wall, and I’ll answer as soon as I get a chance. I usually don’t like making multiple forum posts in a row.

And with that, I’ll disappear once again.

Bye guise.

Oct 19, 2013 at 01:19PM EDT
Quote

Wow, I guess everyone has had stuff to do today…

Never mind, for it is time for an update!

First question down, so many more to go!
Thanks to everyone who has asked something so far.
Keep ’em coming!


Since I don’t like making short posts, it’s plushie time!

First up, welovefine has taken the next step after their plushie backpacks from a while ago and released…

Plushie Purses!
… or handbag things!
Whatever!


They come in both Fluttershy and, I believe making her official plushie debut, Luna!


And from the fan-made world…

Yep, that is a child riding a ‘life-size’ Celestia plushie!
She measures in at a full 5’ 2" and can be found here.
(For further comparison, Luna there is about 15")
Over two weeks of work have gone into her so far and I think the artist deserves some major praise!

Last edited Oct 20, 2013 at 02:14AM EDT
Oct 20, 2013 at 02:12AM EDT
Quote

Alright, with the thread teetering on the brink of death, we need something to talk about. Let’s see if /mlp/ has anything interesting…

>Twilicorn shitstorm thread
>feels thread
>Fluttercorn thread
>Rainbow Dash thread
>another Fluttercorn thread
>a “everyone’s a mary sue and Hasbro’s killed the show” thread
>waifu thread
>waifu song thread
>Fallout: Equestria thread
>cumming inside x thread

At least there wasn’t any porn. The Scruffening wasn’t all bad, it seems.

Oct 20, 2013 at 05:45AM EDT
Quote

@Celestia Plushie: I’ve seen some plushies, and some plushie accessories, but dayum, boy. That’s gotta be one of the best plushies I’ve seen so far.

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:49PM EDT
Quote
At least there wasn’t any porn. The Scruffening wasn’t all bad, it seems.

Porn is no longer allowed on /mlp/. Moderation raised up about few months ago. Even anthros are forbidden, milkyway and human erotica threads have gone from the beginning.
All those feautures belong to /mlp/ chan now.

And yes /mlp/ is still shitty.

Oct 20, 2013 at 01:34PM EDT
Quote

So thr the controversial toy IS a fake after all, thought so.
As for the plushies, the bag ones remind me of the Lyra Plushie. Also, I know why they did it but it’s weird to see Luna at normal size. As fir the giant plush, I just wonder if someone’s gonna do a Molestia edit.
I also had an odd Pony related dream recently.

Oct 20, 2013 at 02:34PM EDT
Quote

So the the controversial toy IS a fake after all, thought so.

I didn’t think there was any doubt. China bootlegs everything. Even if they aren’t bootlegging, the fact still remains that the toy department operates independently of the cartoon department. They’ll turn all the main characters into princesses but it’s pretty unlikely that will become canon knowing the controversy that just one caused.

However /mlp/ loves to create drama so they’ll complain even if they know that alicorn fluttershy is fake.


And yes /mlp/ is still shitty.

I still maintain /mlp/ as the worst pony board in the fandom. For various reasons, but especially because they banned anthro’s

Last edited Oct 20, 2013 at 03:14PM EDT
Oct 20, 2013 at 03:13PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

So the the controversial toy IS a fake after all, thought so.

I didn’t think there was any doubt. China bootlegs everything. Even if they aren’t bootlegging, the fact still remains that the toy department operates independently of the cartoon department. They’ll turn all the main characters into princesses but it’s pretty unlikely that will become canon knowing the controversy that just one caused.

However /mlp/ loves to create drama so they’ll complain even if they know that alicorn fluttershy is fake.


And yes /mlp/ is still shitty.

I still maintain /mlp/ as the worst pony board in the fandom. For various reasons, but especially because they banned anthro’s

have you read the rules?

This is the destination for all My Little Pony related content on 4chan. (see Global rule 15)

This is a work safe board. No pornographic images or other not safe for work content is allowed (this includes clop).

Topics must be show-related. When discussing people, they must be associated with the show and not the fandom

No roleplay.

Ponies only--no anthro.

you can’t even discuss the fandom or anything not show related
we would be banned for this discussion

Last edited Oct 20, 2013 at 03:45PM EDT
Oct 20, 2013 at 03:44PM EDT
Quote

/mlp/ is full of crap. That isn’t news.
But it feels worse, I don’t know why. Maybe because it’s 4CHAN and 4CHAN is fucked up in another level.

Oct 20, 2013 at 04:38PM EDT
Quote

While we are talking about /mlp/, let me show you something:


Click here for the bigger image


It looks like some anon claims that KYM is kinda responsible for those spam attacks on /b/ and spreading the brony culture throught the web.
Dunno right or wrong claim, but it surely shows that KYM is definitely effects the internet culture.

Last edited Oct 20, 2013 at 06:00PM EDT
Oct 20, 2013 at 05:51PM EDT
Quote

Alex Mercer wrote:

While we are talking about /mlp/, let me show you something:


Click here for the bigger image


It looks like some anon claims that KYM is kinda responsible for those spam attacks on /b/ and spreading the brony culture throught the web.
Dunno right or wrong claim, but it surely shows that KYM is definitely effects the internet culture.

Problem, /mlp/?

Oct 20, 2013 at 05:54PM EDT
Quote

Alex Mercer wrote:

While we are talking about /mlp/, let me show you something:


Click here for the bigger image


It looks like some anon claims that KYM is kinda responsible for those spam attacks on /b/ and spreading the brony culture throught the web.
Dunno right or wrong claim, but it surely shows that KYM is definitely effects the internet culture.

Oh, he mad.

Oct 20, 2013 at 06:10PM EDT
Quote

Crashgordon94 said:

So thr the controversial toy IS a fake after all, thought so.

Sauce? Because I haven’t seen anything confirming or denying it yet. From what I’ve read, the person who’s selling the toy is also the same one who’s sold the other leaked merch (blindbags, brushables, etc). It’s that little tidbit that’s got /mlp/’s jimmies really jostled.

Blue Screen said:

I still maintain /mlp/ as the worst pony board in the fandom. For various reasons, but especially because they banned anthro’s

I’d disagree. The anthro ban’s only in place because of moot’s strange hatred of furries (see April Furs Day) so you can’t really blame /mlp/ for that. For all their cynicism and hatred, I really do think they’re one of the funnest mlp communities around. Not only are they far more critical (sometimes frustratingly so with their nitpicking) but their overreactions are some of the funniest things I’ve seen in a long time (like that guy that rewrote “American Pie”’s lyrics into a song about Twilicorn killing the fandom).

After all, there has to be a reason Faust went there, doesn’t there? (Hint: it’s because she likes how critical and honest they are.)

Derpy Vazquez said:

you can’t even discuss the fandom or anything not show related
we would be banned for this discussion

>implying this ban is ever enforced
As we speak, there’s a Faust thread on the front page. Not to mention “cringe” and “autism” threads are so common, they could probably turn them into a general. I think the mods and janitors have realized that fandom discussions make up a large part of the board and removing it would severely hamper the board.

Most have assumed the only reason the Scruffening (stricter enforcement of board rules) happened was because Faust went there and that freaked moot out.

Bruno the Rustler said:

Maybe because it’s 4CHAN and 4CHAN is fucked up in another level.

While there are certain elements that are bad, every site’s going to have that. I get the feeling that 4chan’s reputation has grown a lot bigger than the actual site has. People are so intimidated by the name “4chan” that they forget it really is just another website. People act more dickish and curse more, but that’s its “style,” just as KYM’s users frequently use memes and can get sarcastic. Every site has it’s own “style” that its users use.

You’d be surprised at how many /mlp/ anons admit in the “confession” threads that they frequent EQD, read fanfics on Fimfiction, browse Derpibooru, etc. In other words, act just like everyone else in the fandom. The only difference is they go on one more website.

4chan’s more than just /b/, porn, and trolling. There’s a cooking board (/ck/) where they talk about the basedness of crock pots, what to do with 5 pounds of bananas (Nanner Bread!), and which fast food place is the best. There’s a gun board (/k/) where they discuss what they’ll do when SHTF, which Colt is best, and cheer at Colorado recall elections. There’s also a paranormal board (/x/), which is mostly shit with it’s tarrot card threads, new age BS, and “using magic” threads, but occasionally has something really cool (like the guy that talked about the medical records from a New York state “mentally retarded” hospital, or the thread about a creepy mansion someone was visiting).

Alex Mercer said:

It looks like some anon claims that KYM is kinda responsible for those spam attacks on /b/ and spreading the brony culture throught the web.

So what you’re saying is, KYM is the cancer that’s killing /b/? Cool.

Emperor Huh and Chancellor Moot actually talked a little about KYM and 4chan’s role in internet culture.

Oct 20, 2013 at 07:56PM EDT
Quote

@Alex Mercer: So we may or not have helped to create not only one of the biggest fandoms in the internet, but also a huge source of trolls (At least on 4CHAN)?

Welp…

Last edited Oct 20, 2013 at 08:05PM EDT
Oct 20, 2013 at 07:58PM EDT
Quote

Am I the only one who doesn’t think /mlp/ is the worst place to discuss MLP? After you dig through the shit there you’re going to find gold, hell /mlp/ (next to KYM) is the place where I’ve had the most fun being a part of this fandom…..I still think the worst place to discuss pone is Youtube……or IMDb…….or EQD. All those places just suck the life and fun out of being part of this fandom.

@4chan’s history of Pone: Lol. It’s KYM’s fault that “Brony” and “Love and Tolerate” are taken seriously by the fandom, back in our day we used those terms for trolling. Slowly cementing the status that ‘Bronies’ were this untrollable fandom. Then the filthy casuals rest of the fandom joined and soon the word “Brony” became the ‘proud’ title of all of these internet dwellers and somehow Love and Tolerate became the motto for the fandom……Which is pretty silly how when ‘Love and Tolerate’ was first created it was used in Macros saying “I’m going to love and tolerate the shit out of you” when the haters were saying things like they were going to kick the Bronies asses…..I think that should’ve been a major sign that the term was used as a joke lol.

Last edited Oct 20, 2013 at 08:24PM EDT
Oct 20, 2013 at 08:17PM EDT
Quote
Sauce? Because I haven’t seen anything confirming or denying it yet.

Everyone else in this thread was saying it,

Oct 20, 2013 at 09:19PM EDT
Quote

CrashGordon94 wrote:

Sauce? Because I haven’t seen anything confirming or denying it yet.

Everyone else in this thread was saying it,

And everyone knows that everyone on KYM Pony General are all legitimate sources of information.

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:20PM EDT
Quote

I’m a bit scared to venture from KYM to discuss pony, seeing that other sites are a bit less friendly.
Also, how influential is KYM on internet culture?

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:52PM EDT
Quote

vintiezre wrote:

I’m a bit scared to venture from KYM to discuss pony, seeing that other sites are a bit less friendly.
Also, how influential is KYM on internet culture?

I mostly only discuss pone on KYM too. Hell, I’ve never even been to 4chan (I have no reason not to, I just don’t want to).
I never realized how much of an impact KYM has on the web.

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:27PM EDT
Quote

@Crash

What would be the best one in your opinion then, Blue?

I can’t say for certain.


I don’t think this guy is saying KYM is directly responsible here. He outright accuses /b/ after all. Rather he’s saying that KYM played a small role in the malignance

He’s claiming that KYM’s articles and imageboard served as a tool that was used by trolls (hahah really?) to leak as much content out of /co/ as possible which led to the mass overexposure of pony everywhere else.

He’s right about one thing; yes KYM totally helped spread pony. The annual long trending of the MLP article leaves little reason to doubt this. Though this action wasn’t quite done with the amount of malicious as intent as he suspects, plus I doubt it spread the ponu further than 4chan itself did.


@TSG

I’d disagree. The anthro ban’s only in place because of moot’s strange hatred of furries (see April Furs Day) so you can’t really blame /mlp/ for that. For all their cynicism and hatred, I really do think they’re one of the funnest mlp communities around. Not only are they far more critical (sometimes frustratingly so with their nitpicking) but their overreactions are some of the funniest things I’ve seen in a long time (like that guy that rewrote “American Pie”’s lyrics into a song about Twilicorn killing the fandom).

Yea, you are probably right. I’m just being buttmad over the rules they enforced on the board which I found to be utter BS. Those rules cut out half of the content this fandom produces and half the fun

What’s the point of a pony imageboard if you can’t use it to post pony art just because it’s drawn a certain way?

I dislike conversation thats strictly limited to MLP:FiM itself because there’s little for me to say on the show. It airs on the Hub network ands it’s okay I guess. That’s it. I’ve said all my pieces on the show. Everything else about the fandom is fascinating though, I want discussion on that.

But I don’t really have a problem with the guys who post on /mlp/ and the things they post.


@Vint

I’m a bit scared to venture from KYM to discuss pony, seeing that other sites are a bit less friendly.
Also, how influential is KYM on internet culture?

I don’t really bother talking pony anywhere else either, I prefer doing that with people I’m familiar with. So posting pony anywhere else would mean having to get to know new regulars. Can’t be bothered. #antisocialism

And we’ve got no research to show it, but I think KYM is pretty influential. As it actively goes out to document internet culture, it will it turn make that culture more and more accessible. In theory it should be propagating internet culture all over the place because it acts a hub where the whole web can easily pick up on the trends of the whole web

Last edited Oct 21, 2013 at 03:07AM EDT
Oct 21, 2013 at 03:06AM EDT
Quote
And everyone knows that everyone on KYM Pony General are all legitimate sources of information.

Oh come on dude! Is some random weird Chinese toy being a bootleg so implausible that you’re gonna go [citation needed] on my ass? What everyone here was saying was logical and made a lot of sense so I don’t have any particularly huge reason to doubt it.

I can’t say for certain.

Fair enough then.

As for the rest of what Blue said… KYM was partially responsible for that huge Pony flood that bothered me from when the show got popular all the way to like, a few months ago?

Oct 21, 2013 at 04:09AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!