Forums / Discussion / General

171,006 total conversations in 5,490 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9944 posts from 165 users

Is there any worst possible scenario?

Oh heck! Page get! First for Changeling queen!

Last edited Nov 05, 2013 at 05:27PM EST
Nov 05, 2013 at 05:21PM EST
Quote

sstabeler wrote:

understandable- quite honestly, I dislike most human/pony shipping.

Sure, though for me it’s more Derpy herself, even if I get passed the whole Pony thing, it’s well… Derpy!

Nov 05, 2013 at 05:21PM EST
Quote

CrashGordon94 wrote:

Sure, though for me it’s more Derpy herself, even if I get passed the whole Pony thing, it’s well… Derpy!

there’s that as well.

Nov 05, 2013 at 05:23PM EST
Quote

Indeed.

And since it’s a new page, I’ll repost so people know what we’re talking about.

Nov 05, 2013 at 05:26PM EST
Quote

Banished to the moon with Diamond Tiara…..Come on people, I’d like to have a game where I DON’T get Diamond Tiara, Applebloom or Sweetie Belle for once. What’s the point of new birthday games if they all give me the same outcome? At least it’s not supposed to be sexy or anything. Good thing there’s no air on the moon so I could just let that take care of me instead of having to deal with that damn whore.

Nov 05, 2013 at 05:58PM EST
Quote

CrashGordon94 wrote:

^Derpy kisses me?

(Before anyone says anything, I don’t hate Derpy, just find the idea of doing something sexual/romantic with her very off-putting)

^Lucky.

Mare-Do-Well gives me a kiss. Which one??? And basically this means my chances with Rarity are screwed…maybe I can just tell her it was the costume that was so attractive.

Edit: How are January and August any different? Gay!

Edit Edit: Oh yes! I found more I_Animate_ponymotes!

Last edited Nov 05, 2013 at 06:39PM EST
Nov 05, 2013 at 06:17PM EST
Quote

@20% Cooler: You bastard!


…eh. Maybe she had it coming…

Last edited Nov 05, 2013 at 07:49PM EST
Nov 05, 2013 at 07:46PM EST
Quote
Banished to the moon with Diamond Tiara…..Come on people, I’d like to have a game where I DON’T get Diamond Tiara, Applebloom or Sweetie Belle for once. What’s the point of new birthday games if they all give me the same outcome? At least it’s not supposed to be sexy or anything. Good thing there’s no air on the moon so I could just let that take care of me instead of having to deal with that damn whore.

You seem frustrated.

^Lucky.

Nov 05, 2013 at 09:22PM EST
Quote

@ Birthday game

Makes thousand clones of Zecora

At least Fluttershy doesn’t die.

Edit Edit: Oh yes! I found more I_Animate_ponymotes!



Last edited Nov 05, 2013 at 10:41PM EST
Nov 05, 2013 at 10:28PM EST
Quote

>Gay bronies only make up a small portion of the fanbase, according to the surveys
>Half the Thread’s gay/bi

markhaox14 said:

Well, cause today is my BDay!

I’d sing Happy Birthday, but then Fimfiction would have to delete this post as it would contain copyrighted (copywritten?) lyrics.

Jimmy Lethal said:

>November 25
>Make a thousand clones of Bon Bon


Uhhhhhhhhh…

Also, I’m now headcanoning it that the reason Bon Bon sounds different every time we hear her is because it’s a different Bon Bon each time, hence the different voices.


>dat probable NMM origin scene
Nov 05, 2013 at 10:52PM EST
Quote

Sweetie Belle kisses me? Well, I finally found a birthday game that’s worth it!

Nov 05, 2013 at 10:54PM EST
Quote

CrashGordon94 wrote:

Banished to the moon with Diamond Tiara…..Come on people, I’d like to have a game where I DON’T get Diamond Tiara, Applebloom or Sweetie Belle for once. What’s the point of new birthday games if they all give me the same outcome? At least it’s not supposed to be sexy or anything. Good thing there’s no air on the moon so I could just let that take care of me instead of having to deal with that damn whore.

You seem frustrated.

^Lucky.

Are you implying that you WOULDN’T want to kiss Derpy Hooves? Who WOULDN’T want a piece of that Derpy ass? There’s something wrong with you bro.

Nov 06, 2013 at 12:04AM EST
Quote

Kewln00b? wrote:

Are you implying that you WOULDN’T want to kiss Derpy Hooves? Who WOULDN’T want a piece of that Derpy ass? There’s something wrong with you bro.

Yeah girl – derp that ass!

Nov 06, 2013 at 12:07AM EST
Quote

@Crash

there are those who seem to think that bisexuality genuinely makes you superior to straight people, thinking that you’re “boring”, “repressed” or “close-minded” if you only want to shag people of the opposite sex rather than both.

Anyone who actually thinks like that are probably those same posers trying to fake bisexuality in order to win some kind of award. You can spin their game on them. Just call them out for supporting inequality

That stupid psychological that everyone’s a little bi gets the same reaction out of me.

That’s more of a joke than an actual opinion, don’t take it seriously

^Derpy kisses me?

Relax, just think of it as one of those adorable little pecks on the cheek like when your daughter gives you a kiss right before you tuck her in bed and hand her a glass of water. One of those things

Surely you wouldn’t deny a sweet little kissy wissy from thissy wissy:


@Lunar

Happy Birthday to Me

It’s your birthday as well? Well shit, now I need to post in your wall too.


@Birthday game scenario

I fall in love with Octavia

…I already was in love with her, I guess I can get behind this.


@People wanting to drink

>MFW the legal drinking age where I live is 18
>MFW I don’t have to wait 3 more years just to buy beer alone.

>MFW the legal drinking age over here is still 16
>MFW when I can drink legally, but still have to wait 2 and a half year to buy beer alone
>MFW I don’t even like beer that much

Hah, suckers! I’ve already been drinking for 8 years…. this is absolutely nothing to be proud of

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 12:20AM EST
Nov 06, 2013 at 12:17AM EST
Quote

Ha! Bluescreen is old…I mean, you age gracefully my liege.

Man do I suck at Birthday Games. I need to find the one where I married Fluttershy, although I don’t see HOW I was able to marry Fluttershy as according to the people who make these games I should be in jail for about 100 years for pedofillia. Ha? Ha? Get it? It’s a combination of Pedophilia and Filly. You see, it’s because according to these Birthday Game Makers I get into a LOT of risky situations with Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Diamond Tiara. I just need to start making birthday games, I think I’d be more fair than the guys who give everyone with the Birthday on the 15th the same three ponies the whole time.

But that takes effort, and I’m not one of those “Creative” bronies as I just like to sit back and judge everyone else’s hard work. Who wants to hear me rip apart everything I hated about Double Rainboom again?

Nov 06, 2013 at 12:28AM EST
Quote

@People wanting to drink
A word to the wise. Stay clear of KYM when you do get the bottle. I’ve been nearly banned 3 times because I was drunk. I regret nothing!

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 01:15AM EST
Nov 06, 2013 at 01:13AM EST
Quote

@Jimmy’s obligatory birthday game
I go to a ball with Twilight Sparkle…

Luckily, I don’t have a neckbeard.

Nov 06, 2013 at 01:53AM EST
Quote

I don’t think you’ll have to worry about me drunk posting here. Everyone in my family gets really fucked up when they drink so I was expecting to you know, follow in their footsteps of getting violent, emotional and throwing up on the front door (family tradition). But damn, ever since I’ve turned 21 I found out I have a high tolerance towards alcohol and can handle it quite well. Went to go see Black Sabbath for my birthday so I thought it would be the perfect place to get hammered, nope. 6 Beers later and I didn’t feel any different. Next week I went to ANOTHER 21st birthday where my friend’s brother bought him a keg. We empty the keg, everyone is drunk except for me who is just sitting there contemplating about why the Beer gods must hate me.

Oh well, more incentive for me not to drink so that’s a win!

Now before this gets a little too off topic you fucking drunks I just have this to say…..The longest Pony hiatus we’ve ever had is finally coming to an end. After it felt like just yesterday we were here in February going “Well shit, now we have to wait even longer for the next season!” Well at least it’s almost over and soon we’ll have 26 weeks of new pony compared to that weak 13 episode season (And to think we were all thinking “Well, a 13 episode season. Quality over quantity right?” lul)

All I can say is I think we made this pony hiatus our bitch, even though…..we’ve gone the majority of the year with only that cock tease of a movie (10 minutes of pony, doesn’t count!) and two major shitstorms to hold us over until then. But hey, we’ll have pony soon. So here’s to another hopefully great season! And Hub…..please don’t you dare pull another 13 episode season on us, they do that with every other awesome show on TV by giving us short seasons and make us wait almost another year to finally get to start the new season.

That’s not a threat man, I just don’t think we could do this again. That Down with Molestia shit probably would never have happened if we only had 5-6 months for a hiatus since they wouldn’t have been that bored.

Nov 06, 2013 at 01:55AM EST
Quote

Breaking news!
Did anyone here like those vinyl sculptures that Welovefine was selling for a criminally short time a few months back?

Well, I just happened to refresh their page tonight and they are back in stock!
If you want one, you just need to buy a qualifying piece of MLP merch (pretty much any shirt, print, bag, ect. will do it) and the statue of your choice will be available to buy when you click on your cart.
Head here to start.
Like I said, I just found this myself so I don’t think it has hit EQD.
There are only 600 of each so get them while you can before the unholy hoards have their way with the site!


Comic news:
We have the Luna micro coming up next month and Katie Cook just dropped this little tweet.

I do like that Hasbro has been pretty cool about letting the comics go nuts with their style and storytelling and this just adds a layer of intrigue…
What did she write that she didn’t expect to get past the executives?!
… and why did it?
Whatever the case, sounds like this issue is going to be fun!


@Birthday Game
‘Bonbon is my greatest enemy’
LET BATTLE COMMENCE!

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 02:59AM EST
Nov 06, 2013 at 02:41AM EST
Quote

@Stare

I’ve been nearly banned 3 times because I was drunk. I regret nothing!

You have? When? We don’t ban people for posting drunk here. If anything, we welcome it. Unless you were doing some obvious banworthy stuff like spamming porn


@Kewl

6 Beers later and I didn’t feel any different

Beers

Well there’s your problem buddy. Beer is weak. You need to upgrade to something more powerful such as whisky or wine. Personally, I can’t get drunk off anything less than 5% purely from liver adapation. I always aim for 8% bourbon or vodka. Looks like you’re in that same position

But enough alcohol talk, lets focus on the upcoming season.

All I can say is I think we made this pony hiatus our bitch

I agree. The fact that we had only two shitstorms in total and one was purposely made out of boredom should say something.

Nov 06, 2013 at 02:42AM EST
Quote

DeadParrot222 wrote:

Breaking news!
Did anyone here like those vinyl sculptures that Welovefine was selling for a criminally short time a few months back?

Well, I just happened to refresh their page tonight and they are back in stock!
If you want one, you just need to buy a qualifying piece of MLP merch (pretty much any shirt, print, bag, ect. will do it) and the statue of your choice will be available to buy when you click on your cart.
Head here to start.
Like I said, I just found this myself so I don’t think it has hit EQD.
There are only 600 of each so get them while you can before the unholy hoards have their way with the site!


Comic news:
We have the Luna micro coming up next month and Katie Cook just dropped this little tweet.

I do like that Hasbro has been pretty cool about letting the comics go nuts with their style and storytelling and this just adds a layer of intrigue…
What did she write that she didn’t expect to get past the executives?!
… and why did it?
Whatever the case, sounds like this issue is going to be fun!


@Birthday Game
‘Bonbon is my greatest enemy’
LET BATTLE COMMENCE!

ERMERGERD! I just made my first purchase from them since they were running it! Just found out though that achievements aren’t cumulative and you get them for each purchase. Kinda sucks cuz I wanted the wings and horn, but wont get those unless I make another $125 purchase.

@BSoD It was something about me multi-posting (although I was on a feature phone and couldn’t edit my post) and also I think I might have cussed once or twice, but I’m not sure. I think the mods were just getting hot headed…or I was…I can’t remember.

Nov 06, 2013 at 03:03AM EST
Quote

@Birthdays
Well, it’s probably a bit late now, but happy birthday to my #1 student and my #1… guy named Lunar Protege!


@Drinking
I don’t really drink, despite my pure Kiwi culture. Then again, if I was to come on drunk, I doubt any of you would notice.


@Kissing Derpy

right before you tuck her in bed and hand her a glass of water.

MAN did I read one of those words wrong the first time through. Not just saying that for the sake of a joke either, I really got confused for a second.

Anyway, Crash, you seem to be dodging explaining exactly why you’re less okay with Derpy feelin’ the love than you are with other ponies. I mean, can I assume it has something to do with her “derpyness?” Because if so… I’m sorta unsure on what to say about this. Seriously, I really have no idea if I agree or disagree with that. That is to say I see where you’re coming from if that’s the case, but… then again I… uhh…

I’m not usually one to make discussions on this sort of thing, but can someone please debate with me about this before my head explodes? I don’t want to go back to using the pumpkin again…


@Birthday Game
Alright, using the date I joined the site as my “birthday,” let’s see what we get…
“Derpy is your greatest enemy…”

…Crash, I want to trade with you.

Nov 06, 2013 at 03:45AM EST
Quote

Stunthead wrote:

I’m not usually one to make discussions on this sort of thing, but can someone please debate with me about this before my head explodes? I don’t want to go back to using the pumpkin again…

I’m not that good in explaining this sort of stuff, so I’ll try my best on this one.

I think it has something to do with the character itself, not just because of her derpyness. Maybe some sort of ‘innocence’ in the characters that prevents Crash from liking something like that. I actually feel a bit the same as him, as I can’t really like NSFW Derpy stuff either. Not a fan of most NSFW Pinkie Pie stuff either. Those two characters are really cute, but I just can’t like seeing them in those sort of situations. A kiss, peck, as in the birthday game, is rather tame, maybe even cute. But seeing them drawn in a sexualized way, like in that image posted not too long ago in the image gallery, where Derpy is drawn pony-like with a rather large chest area, is ‘too much’ for some. It doesn’t fit their cute, innocent character IMO.

As I said, I’m not great at explaining these sort of things, so I hope you understand what I’m trying to say.

And after this text, cute pone

Nov 06, 2013 at 04:32AM EST
Quote

Brace yourselves, this is gonna be a big one!

Are you implying that you WOULDN’T want to kiss Derpy Hooves? Who WOULDN’T want a piece of that Derpy ass? There’s something wrong with you bro.

Oh yeah, nothing quite as sexy as strabismus!

Anyone who actually thinks like that are probably those same posers trying to fake bisexuality in order to win some kind of award. You can spin their game on them. Just call them out for supporting inequality

That’s a fair point, you’re right. Though I must say calling people on their bullshit hasn’t ended well in the past, though it seems to be getting better nowadays, it’s just I’m still sometimes nervous about it.

That’s more of a joke than an actual opinion, don’t take it seriously

I wish I could believe you but all signs I’ve seen point to those espousing it being sincere about it…

Relax, just think of it as one of those adorable little pecks on the cheek like when your daughter gives you a kiss right before you tuck her in bed and hand her a glass of water. One of those things

I know what you mean… Buuuuuut she’s kind of an adult who isn’t related to me. :/ (The game sad nothing about aging her down)
Also, as messed up as it sounds, nowadays I can’t really get past kisses being sexual, I can rarely even kiss my dad (in the non-sexual family sense) anymore. And yes, I know how pathetic and awful this all sounds.

Surely you wouldn’t deny a sweet little kissy wissy from thissy wissy:

Maybe, maybe not. That’s definitely cute but you’d be surprised what I could deny. Various issues have left me a rather bitter and hateful person.
Still, I get your point, I certainly hope I would be decent enough human being to be nice to the little innocent creature rather than yell at her for daring to invade my personal space. I really hope I’m not that kind of guy, as that would be rather screwed up, I think.

Anyway, Crash, you seem to be dodging explaining exactly why you’re less okay with Derpy feelin’ the love than you are with other ponies. I mean, can I assume it has something to do with her “derpyness?” Because if so… I’m sorta unsure on what to say about this. Seriously, I really have no idea if I agree or disagree with that. That is to say I see where you’re coming from if that’s the case, but… then again I… uhh…

Well, I guess you could say that but I should be more clear.
She may be cute but speaking strictly about sexiness, she’s pretty damn ugly. She’s scruffy, unkempt, goofy, strange googly-eyed, dorky… Do I need to go on? It’d be like whacking off to Ed from Ed, Edd n Eddy!
Because of that, pretty much anything romantic or sexual involving her (even if it’s anthropomorphized or humanized) has me going “NOPE NOPE SO MUCH NOPE” unless it’s totally innocent romance or possibly if it’s a joke.

I’m not usually one to make discussions on this sort of thing, but can someone please debate with me about this before my head explodes? I don’t want to go back to using the pumpkin again…

I’ll debate it if you want, hopefully I’ve given you enough to work with if that’s the case…

Alright, using the date I joined the site as my “birthday,” let’s see what we get…
“Derpy is your greatest enemy…”

…Crash, I want to trade with you.

…Are you sure? I would be pretty brutal to a non-human enemy.

Finally, as for drinking, I’m legal to drink but have been drinking since I was 16 (odd since I previous gave myself an 80% chance of being a teetotaler). I tend to just get goofy and tired when I’m drunk, which almost seems like a strange contrast to what I tend to hear. Everyone else seems to be doing crazy shit, violent stuff or shagging everyone whereas I tend to fall asleep during Star Trek.

Nov 06, 2013 at 12:10PM EST
Quote

@Drinking
I don’t drink alcohol a lot, but I do like to drink. I’ve only been drunk three times in my life. Don’t worry, I’m not a mean drunk who gets angry, fights people, and yells all the time. No, I’m a nice drunk who makes friends with everyone I meet….and yell all the time. I’ll say or do stupid things without thinking of the consequences, but I’m not hurting anyone.

@Kissing Derpy
I’d love to kiss Derpy. We would bake muffins together and eat them… Then I’d take her to my bed and we’ll wrap our arms around each other… I’d look deep into those cute big eyes, one of them looking back at me and the other looking at the wall… Our lips will make contact and I’d taste her muffin breath… She would start licking me and I’d lick her back… And then she would sit on my face while I… What? It’s not weird. Stop looking at me like that.

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 12:57PM EST
Nov 06, 2013 at 12:54PM EST
Quote

…Are me and sstabeler the only ones here who have an issue with kissing Derpy or something?

Nov 06, 2013 at 03:18PM EST
Quote

So I’m in the process of making a list of the worst to best episodes of Season 3.
Still in progress, so it may seem kinda primitive.
Any sort of constructive criticism or nitpicks or whatever are appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfEVno8Qb7w (Not embedded because the video is unlisted)

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 04:01PM EST
Nov 06, 2013 at 03:55PM EST
Quote

Okay, cool, something to work with here.

@Mike

Maybe some sort of ‘innocence’ in the characters that prevents Crash from liking something like that. I actually feel a bit the same as him, as I can’t really like NSFW Derpy stuff either. Not a fan of most NSFW Pinkie Pie stuff either.

Well, that makes sense, but I was really talking more about the standard romantic stuff (because hey, I don’t even look at NSFW pony art… unless it’s humanized…). A lil bita de ol’ kissnhug should be fine, because I doubt that would “break” anyone’s innocence any more than a hug and a kiss from your childhood sweetheart would. As for NSFW… it’s hard to have an opinion on something I don’t really take part in. I guess I’ll just say that I think it’s all about execution. If the artist makes it clear that they’re abnormally innocent or don’t understand the situation, then yeah, there might be a problem. If not, it’s really just more ponyluvin’ that I wouldn’t file away from all the other stuff. I mean, who’s to say Derpy and Pinkie don’t deserve to go out and enjoy themselves sometimes, amirite?


@Crash

…Are me and sstabeler the only ones here who have an issue with kissing Derpy or something?

Oh yeah, nothing quite as sexy as strabismus!

She’s smokin’ with an eye that’s broken, I think it’s hot! (Bonus Kiwi accents).

Also, as messed up as it sounds, nowadays I can’t really get past kisses being sexual

Well, there’s your problem. Though I have to say that you’ve really only brought this up in regards to Derpy, which begs the question as to why you’d be less comfortable performing a sexual act with Derpy as appposed to other charac… hmmm… wait, let me try that again. What I mean is I can understand why you wouldn’t want to kiss a pony with your point of view here, but I was wondering why it was only an issue worth voicing when it comes to Derpy.

She may be cute but speaking strictly about sexiness, she’s pretty damn ugly. She’s scruffy, unkempt, goofy, strange googly-eyed, dorky… Do I need to go on? It’d be like whacking off to Ed from Ed, Edd n Eddy!

Well… I disagree. She’s just a pallet swapped Rainbow Dash with crossed eyes. Any and all “scruffiness” is based purely on personality, which is mainly just from fan works and was only briefly touched on in the show. I’m not asking why “whacking off” to Ed is wrong, I’m asking how it’s any different to “whacking off” to Edd or Eddy? (Once again, I should remind you that a kiss is generally not considered sexual, so comparing it to “whacking off” seems to be laying it on a bit thick there, mate…)

I’m going to stop beating around the bush here. Does this have something to do with her mental state? Do you consider it wrong because you’re uncomfortable with the idea of kissing / getting intimate with someone who might have impaired judgement? Because in real life I could understand that, but c’mon. She’s just a character, and as far as we know she could understand the implications better than anyone. Like I said before, who’s to say she isn’t allowed to go out and enjoy herself if she wants?

Now, this is all based off of assumptions, so feel free to call me out if you think I said something incorrect.

…Are you sure? I would be pretty brutal to a non-human enemy.

Okay, so I either let Derpy get brutally beaten but also kissed by me or have her kiss you (which would torture you) but have her hate me forever… Damn you, Crash! Stop making me think about moral choices! I set off my fire alarm last time I did that.

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 05:10PM EST
Nov 06, 2013 at 05:00PM EST
Quote

Kewln00b? wrote:

Banished to the moon with Diamond Tiara…..Come on people, I’d like to have a game where I DON’T get Diamond Tiara, Applebloom or Sweetie Belle for once. What’s the point of new birthday games if they all give me the same outcome? At least it’s not supposed to be sexy or anything. Good thing there’s no air on the moon so I could just let that take care of me instead of having to deal with that damn whore.

This is why I prefer “roll for X” games to birthday games. People always put the main six as the first six days (usually). Normally I get stuck with spike (no pun intended)
As a side note, does KYM have dice roll capabilities? I forget…

Nov 06, 2013 at 05:05PM EST
Quote

the impaired judgement is the problem for me- that, and I dislike human/pony shipping in general. (I don’t care about pony/pony shipping)

Nov 06, 2013 at 05:07PM EST
Quote

Stunthead wrote:

Okay, cool, something to work with here.

@Mike

Maybe some sort of ‘innocence’ in the characters that prevents Crash from liking something like that. I actually feel a bit the same as him, as I can’t really like NSFW Derpy stuff either. Not a fan of most NSFW Pinkie Pie stuff either.

Well, that makes sense, but I was really talking more about the standard romantic stuff (because hey, I don’t even look at NSFW pony art… unless it’s humanized…). A lil bita de ol’ kissnhug should be fine, because I doubt that would “break” anyone’s innocence any more than a hug and a kiss from your childhood sweetheart would. As for NSFW… it’s hard to have an opinion on something I don’t really take part in. I guess I’ll just say that I think it’s all about execution. If the artist makes it clear that they’re abnormally innocent or don’t understand the situation, then yeah, there might be a problem. If not, it’s really just more ponyluvin’ that I wouldn’t file away from all the other stuff. I mean, who’s to say Derpy and Pinkie don’t deserve to go out and enjoy themselves sometimes, amirite?


@Crash

…Are me and sstabeler the only ones here who have an issue with kissing Derpy or something?

Oh yeah, nothing quite as sexy as strabismus!

She’s smokin’ with an eye that’s broken, I think it’s hot! (Bonus Kiwi accents).

Also, as messed up as it sounds, nowadays I can’t really get past kisses being sexual

Well, there’s your problem. Though I have to say that you’ve really only brought this up in regards to Derpy, which begs the question as to why you’d be less comfortable performing a sexual act with Derpy as appposed to other charac… hmmm… wait, let me try that again. What I mean is I can understand why you wouldn’t want to kiss a pony with your point of view here, but I was wondering why it was only an issue worth voicing when it comes to Derpy.

She may be cute but speaking strictly about sexiness, she’s pretty damn ugly. She’s scruffy, unkempt, goofy, strange googly-eyed, dorky… Do I need to go on? It’d be like whacking off to Ed from Ed, Edd n Eddy!

Well… I disagree. She’s just a pallet swapped Rainbow Dash with crossed eyes. Any and all “scruffiness” is based purely on personality, which is mainly just from fan works and was only briefly touched on in the show. I’m not asking why “whacking off” to Ed is wrong, I’m asking how it’s any different to “whacking off” to Edd or Eddy? (Once again, I should remind you that a kiss is generally not considered sexual, so comparing it to “whacking off” seems to be laying it on a bit thick there, mate…)

I’m going to stop beating around the bush here. Does this have something to do with her mental state? Do you consider it wrong because you’re uncomfortable with the idea of kissing / getting intimate with someone who might have impaired judgement? Because in real life I could understand that, but c’mon. She’s just a character, and as far as we know she could understand the implications better than anyone. Like I said before, who’s to say she isn’t allowed to go out and enjoy herself if she wants?

Now, this is all based off of assumptions, so feel free to call me out if you think I said something incorrect.

…Are you sure? I would be pretty brutal to a non-human enemy.

Okay, so I either let Derpy get brutally beaten but also kissed by me or have her kiss you (which would torture you) but have her hate me forever… Damn you, Crash! Stop making me think about moral choices! I set off my fire alarm last time I did that.

Wait, are you guys trying to imply that it’s wrong to wackoff to Ed Edd and Eddy? Thanks to Pony thread everything I know and love is wrong!

Nov 06, 2013 at 05:20PM EST
Quote

Stunthead wrote:

A lil bita de ol’ kissnhug should be fine, because I doubt that would “break” anyone’s innocence any more than a hug and a kiss from your childhood sweetheart would.

Agreed. I can’t say more than you did in that post, as you hit everything with it. (is that a right expression? Please correct me if it’s not)

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 05:22PM EST
Nov 06, 2013 at 05:22PM EST
Quote

Ah yes, alcohol. My greatest friend and enemy. I have tales of laughs and horror of what occured to me when I drank enough. My bike is even evidence right now of what I did wrong a few weeks back.

It’s funny how we have so many mods who are experienced drinkers: Myself, Blue Screen, Platus, Opspe, etc. (That’s actually the mod initiation process, you have to beat us in a drinking contest)


Birthday Game:

>Pinkie Pie dies and gives you all of their money.

Of course! When I finally get pink pone best pone in a birthday game, it’s a scenario in which she dies.

It’s amazing how well that comic matches with the other topic even.

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 05:50PM EST
Nov 06, 2013 at 05:47PM EST
Quote

Spent the day watching MLP season 2 in Japanese with English subtitles, it just feels so right..

Nov 06, 2013 at 06:10PM EST
Quote
>Pinkie Pie dies and gives you all of their money.
Of course! When I finally get pink pone best pone in a birthday game, it’s a scenario in which she dies.

But seriously, that sucks man.

Nov 06, 2013 at 06:40PM EST
Quote

@ Kissing Derpy

Can we play the names version now?

Can we? Pleaseeeeeee

Nov 06, 2013 at 07:44PM EST
Quote
It’s funny how we have so many mods who are experienced drinkers: Myself, Blue Screen, Platus, Opspe, etc. (That’s actually the mod initiation process, you have to beat us in a drinking contest)

And here I am, a teetotaler.

Granted, I have a few strong reasons for not drinking including a history of alcoholism in my family and a fear of vomiting (and a healthy respect for my liver. Whenever a person develops a tolerance for consuming something that is, at the core, a toxin, and is not needed for human life, then I can’t ever say I’ve developed more respect for the person, though that doesn’t mean I’ve developed less.) It just seems a bit like a crutch either to dealing with life or being more comfortable in social situations, and I don’t like to use drugs of any sort.


Young adult shaming aside, I don’t really care about pony kissing one way or another. I don’t get much from it, because I just don’t get much from two anythings kissing: humans or less intelligent animals. From these ponies who are something in-between, I guess I’d see a peck as a sign of affection, giving the evil spawn thing pone the benefit of the doubt seeing it just as I’d see a hug. Anything more centrally located or below the neck just gets weird.

I prefer Derpy just acting cute and spinning around in a chair.

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 09:07PM EST
Nov 06, 2013 at 08:49PM EST

@RM

It’s funny how we have so many mods who are experienced drinkers: Myself, Blue Screen, Platus, Opspe, etc. (That’s actually the mod initiation process, you have to beat us in a drinking contest)

KYM Moderation…it drives us to drink.

(Or in Verbs case, it drives him to write TL;DRs. Whatever poison works for you.)

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 11:55PM EST
Nov 06, 2013 at 11:54PM EST
Quote

I personally enjoy the TL;DR’s compared to drunk posting. Mainly because TL;DR’s could give you something interesting to read among all the Pony of the hour threads (Actually glad we haven’t seen too many of those recently) AND there’s less cringe in TL;DR than a poster’s drunken ramblings. I mean unless they’re the most interesting drunk in the world it’s just going to be some cringeworthy gibberish about how Jews caused 9/11 and how your favorite pony is a cock sucking whore.

So after that all I can say is Scootaloo is best poyn.

Nov 07, 2013 at 12:45AM EST
Quote

Alright, all you drunks…
Move it along…


@Derpy
Wait, who’s kissing Derpy now?

I think I’m mostly in line with Stunt’s analysis on this one.
Your personal comfort with ‘romantic Derpy’ probably comes down mostly to how you view her as a character (outside of being okay with romantic ponies in general or not).

I can absolutely understand the discomfort of sexualizing her if you take the angle that she is legitimately mentally defective in some way.
That can reek of exploitation and all that other unpleasant stuff.

Personally, though, I’ve (and i think a lot of others have as well) always considered Derpy to be under that archetype of ‘lovable klutz.’
No real mental defect, just general clumsiness and awkwardness, complete with a little eye condition.
That kind of characterization has been used ad infinitum to make someone ‘cute’ and I think plenty of people out there must clearly like it because it gets so much play.
Hell, anime is chock full of girls who can’t seem to go anywhere without running into things and it is almost always portrayed as an endearing quality rather than a serious ‘flaw.’

Coming from that angle, I can pretty easily see why some people ‘romanticize’ Derpy to an extent, or at least see no real issue with her being included in the festivities.
She’s just a silly, clumsy dork, not a mentally-handicapped ward of the state.

By the way, am I the only one who finds it kind of funny that this whole conversation about ‘sexual innocence’ broke out around Derpy specifically?
I mean, there are very few characters in canon or fanon that have (or are generally believed to have) kids but one of the single most popular examples of this is Derpy and Dinky.
It just seems odd to worry about it when dealing with a character that, according to nearly everyone’s headcanon, must have had sex at some point, right?


Touche, Derpy…

Last edited Nov 07, 2013 at 03:32AM EST
Nov 07, 2013 at 03:31AM EST
Quote

@ Kissing Derpy

I’m sure we all have different opinions on this, whether it be due to Derpy’s personality or the fact that she’s a fictional character. I wouldn’t mind having a romance moment with anypony, including Derpy. It’s adorable, it’s cute, and it’s something that will never happen, so I’d do anything to make it happen ;__; I’d remember for the rest of ever!

Besides, who doesn’t want a little of this?

Last edited Nov 07, 2013 at 03:47AM EST
Nov 07, 2013 at 03:46AM EST
Quote

CrashGordon94 said:

I can rarely even kiss my dad (in the non-sexual family sense) anymore

…Is there such a thing as a “sexual family sense” to kissing one’s dad?

She may be cute but speaking strictly about sexiness, she’s pretty damn ugly. She’s scruffy, unkempt, goofy, strange googly-eyed, dorky…

Personally, I love that kind of appearance. Nothing makes me crinkle my nose more than someone doused in makeup and wearing a false smile. It’s like they’ve put on a facade to hide themselves or something.

Disturbed Brony said:

She would start licking me and I’d lick her back… And then she would sit on my face while I… What? It’s not weird. Stop looking at me like that.

You think facesitting’s weird (don’t ask me how I know the name of it)? You should see my fetish--actually, you already have, since it has made several appearances in the show. That’s the best part about it. It’s so innocent, no one suspects a thing…aaaaaand I think I just gave away too much information. Ignore this paragraph. Ignore it!

Stunthead said:

Does this have something to do with her mental state?

And so it was, with those fateful words, that Stunthead opened a portal into the depths of Tumblr and was dragged screaming into a never ending torment to atone for his cisgendered, fatphobic, transethnic sins. And there was much rejoicing…and crying about Patriarchy.

RandomMan said:

It’s funny how we have so many mods who are experienced drinkers: Myself, Blue Screen, Platus, Opspe, etc.

It’s almost as if there’s something that continually drives all of you into despair, and into the waiting arms of alcoholism to numb the pain. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have ten sockpuppets to create and spam the forums with adverts for the new “miracle diet sensation that’s sweeping the nation!”

Deadparrot222 said:

That can reek of exploitation and all that other unpleasant stuff.

Sounds like the plot of a [Dark] clopfic. Actually, come to think of it, I’m surprised no one’s written one like that yet. If I didn’t still have some moral integrity left, I’d toss it into my bin of ideas.

All this talk of kissing Derpy and clopfics reminds me of that 80,000 word Twiderp clopfic I gotta read.

Nov 07, 2013 at 06:02AM EST
Quote

­ wrote:

So I’m in the process of making a list of the worst to best episodes of Season 3.
Still in progress, so it may seem kinda primitive.
Any sort of constructive criticism or nitpicks or whatever are appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfEVno8Qb7w (Not embedded because the video is unlisted)

Shamelessly bumping this post because nobody saw it.

Nov 07, 2013 at 09:15AM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!