Forums / Discussion / General

170,948 total conversations in 5,486 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9944 posts from 165 users

TSGtheguywhoIalwaysmisspellsaid

.bq It’s almost as if there’s something that continually drives all of you into despair, and into the waiting arms of alcoholism to numb the pain. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have ten sockpuppets to create and spam the forums with adverts for the new “miracle diet sensation that’s sweeping the nation!”

Yeah, it’s almost like they’re Applejack in this gif (I’m pronouncing it with a hard G sound because the creator of gif can go fuck himself with a rusty spoon) and everyone on the forum are the cutie mark crusaders


Oh hey a page get, here I’ll mix it up with a different kind of pony picture.
Look at your mods
Now back at me
Back at your mods
Back at me
Sadly I am not one of your mods, If I didn’t shitpost and contributed to the board and drank like an Irishman I could at least smell like a mod.
I’m on a horse

Last edited Nov 07, 2013 at 09:40AM EST
Nov 07, 2013 at 09:34AM EST
Quote

I’ll reply to the Derpy stuff in a bit – would’ve done before but I haven’t had time all day.

Reading TSG’s post has ne almost wondering how my Pony related fetish would compare (Been rather tempted to mention it here since it’s not graphic at all but haven’t done so because I’m guessing that’s really not appropriate, though if you’ve seen my Derpibooru uploads you’ll already know).

Nov 07, 2013 at 01:01PM EST
Quote

Gee, I wonder what kind of fate I’ll get from the birthday scenario game in the last page?

Twilight Sparkle and you bake cakes together

What a wonderful outcome.

Nov 07, 2013 at 03:06PM EST
Quote

Oh cool, a birthday scenario game! Well… It looks like I become Derpy’s best friend. I’m okay with that.

Huh, she seems to be quite popular these days…

Nov 07, 2013 at 04:54PM EST
Quote

I honestly have no idea what we’re talking about anymore… Guess I’d better cover all the bases then.

Hope this spoiler is enough, if this is appropriate…
Well, it’s really an extension of my costuming stuff but I’m really quite into girls in full latex/rubber suits modeled after the Ponies (preferably anthro versions). Best ones for me being the “Mane 6”, the Princesses, Vinyl and Octavia though I’ve thought of others (don’t ask about a Derpy suit…).
Hope that didn’t really disturb anyone here…
What disturbs me is that all my most hated Ponies are on my “HELL YEAH!” list for this…

The big question seems to be “if not Derpy, why SPECIFICALLY her and none of the others?”. Honestly, I do kind of have issues with doing stuff like this with the other Ponies, though it’s worse with Derpy because sometimes fanartists make the others attractive in anthro or human form, whereas Derpy is still Derpy no matter what, know what I mean?

Yeah, it definitely sounds like me (and sstabeler, I guess) are alone…

Well… I disagree. She’s just a pallet swapped Rainbow Dash with crossed eyes.

The crossed eyes are a pretty big turnoff… Also, she honestly really does looks kinda scruffy to me, particularly the anthro/human versions of her.

I’m going to stop beating around the bush here. Does this have something to do with her mental state?

Kinda, I don’t really think she’s retarded or anything but I generally tend to find ditzy/klutzy behavior and personalities off-putting most of the time, and her being depicted as a bit crazy/goofy certainly doesn’t help…

…Is there such a thing as a “sexual family sense” to kissing one’s dad?

No, I didn’t mean to imply there was, I was just trying to be clear.

Personally, I love that kind of appearance. Nothing makes me crinkle my nose more than someone doused in makeup and wearing a false smile. It’s like they’ve put on a facade to hide themselves or something.

Doesn’t appeal to me personally, different strokes for different folks and all.
Also, I don’t like the other extreme you’re describing but there IS a middle ground, where my interests lie.

Hope I didn’t miss anything really important, let me know if I have and it needs addressing.





Oh, and look who it is!
Nov 07, 2013 at 05:24PM EST
Quote

>Leave thread for a while because stuff from college is eating my time
>Come back to find you discussing about Derpy’s sexual innocence and fetishes
>MFW


Well,,, I guess I have to start somewhere… I guess it’s a question of contest whether it’s humanization or anthro.
But take a look at This [NSFW]. This is niiiice

Last edited Nov 07, 2013 at 07:04PM EST
Nov 07, 2013 at 06:58PM EST
Quote

I made another update to that video I’m working on of my top 13 least to most favorite Season 3 episodes

Nov 07, 2013 at 07:11PM EST
Quote

@Crash

Well, it’s really an extension of my costuming stuff but I’m really quite into girls in full latex/rubber suits modeled after the Ponies (preferably anthro versions). Best ones for me being the “Mane 6”, the Princesses, Vinyl and Octavia though I’ve thought of others (don’t ask about a Derpy suit…).
Hope that didn’t really disturb anyone here…

Not at all. You should check out this thread. Nobody judges in this place


@Mrwens

Awesome work

Nov 07, 2013 at 09:38PM EST
Quote
I don’t really have a pony “fetish”. I’ve never wanted to have sex with a pony, however, I have before ha the urge to just snuggle close to one, hold them tight and fall asleep. Has anyone else ever felt this?
Nov 08, 2013 at 01:00AM EST
Quote

It’s okay. We all want a pony as a bed buddy. To snuggle, or fuck, or both.

Last edited Nov 08, 2013 at 01:22AM EST
Nov 08, 2013 at 01:08AM EST
Quote

Dontmess withme has A nine word name wrote:

I don’t really have a pony “fetish”. I’ve never wanted to have sex with a pony, however, I have before ha the urge to just snuggle close to one, hold them tight and fall asleep. Has anyone else ever felt this?

Don’t make a Jacking off Non Sexually comment, don’t make a jacking off non sexually comment

But seriously, how did this turn into a fetish conversation? For the first time I’m starting to get weirded out here. This seems like the perfect time to act Holier than thou by saying that I have no fetish……and before you say anything, shut up.

Now if you excuse me, I’m off to find a life sized pony plushie for……decorating my bedroom. Why you may ask? Fuck you, that’s why.

Last edited Nov 08, 2013 at 01:19AM EST
Nov 08, 2013 at 01:18AM EST
Quote

@Blue: I might do that, thanks and sorry about putting it in the wrong thread (I think, is that what you’re saying? I kinda suspected I might have made a mistake there. Either way, felt kinda good to get it off my chest).

@Dontmess: DUDE GROSS

Nov 08, 2013 at 02:08AM EST
Quote

This new video perfectly caps off a thread full of weird Derpy stuff.

See?
Derpy don’t care.
Derpy just derpin’.

It also provides the single greatest ‘The hell is going on in here?’ gif in existence.

Again, a perfect reaction to the thread so far!
This video is the gift that keeps on giving!


Does anyone remember that 8-bit pony game that began life as a Hub commercial but eventually evolved into an actual, playable game?
Well, Adventure Ponies 2 was just released with 6 new ponies, 6 new levels, and 6 new bosses!

HAVE AT IT!
(I totally suck at these games! Ponies are too damn floaty!)


And for a tiny bit of what might actually be considered ‘news’:

Could we be seeing the long-awaited, often-rumored MLP soundtrack sometime soon?
Perhaps it will finally happen!

Last edited Nov 08, 2013 at 03:27AM EST
Nov 08, 2013 at 03:24AM EST
Quote

Disturbed B wrote:

It’s okay. We all want a pony as a bed buddy. To snuggle, or fuck, or both.


Does it have to be a bed buddy? What if I wanted to snuggle them in public?

Gets chased by angry mob…
OK, apparently, they don’t allow lewd conduct in the first degree, so now I’ve been publicly shamed. Isn’t that swell…!?

Cries to self in shame.

Nov 08, 2013 at 05:46AM EST
Quote

Kewlm00b said:

I have no fetish…

Everyone has a fetish. No exceptions.

Also, I could have sworn your screen name was spelled with an “n” before.

In fanfic news nobody cares about because they don’t read fanfics, Fimfiction has finally unveiled why they’ve recently banned NSFW blogs and cover images. Sadly, the guesses that it was Knighty using Dark Magic to summon an Elder God to make Flutterdash canon and it all went horribly wrong have been proven wrong. It is instead the much more likely “Adsense grabbing Knighty by the balls until he does what they want”. On the bright side, the mods have repeatedly assured the userbase that the site will implode before they ban clopfics. First TV Tropes, now Fimfiction. I wonder if KYM will be in the Google Empire’s crosshairs next.

That also leads to an interesting question: how does KYM do advertising if there’s so much NSFW content here?

Nov 08, 2013 at 06:03AM EST
Quote

xTSGx Wrote:

Everyone has a fetish. No exceptions.

Does “Fetish” include concepts like Romance?

Because 45% of the time, It’s not really good enough for me unless its romanticly based.

…another 45% of the time is because its cute. (Hey, turns out there’s a Tag on derpi Booru called “Cute Porn”, which actually contains a few of the nicer examples… But not that many since its a small tag.)

The remaining 10% is a whole grab bag of little things. Which in this fandom usually amounts to the whole “You are suddenly turned into a Mare, what do?” stuff. Which on one hand is common, on another is not THAT common, and on the third hand is hard to write since there’s little you can base a story round that unless it’s a small part of a more complicated plot.

Wow… That turned into a number of uncomfortable tangents.

Nov 08, 2013 at 06:41AM EST
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

Kewlm00b said:

I have no fetish…

Everyone has a fetish. No exceptions.

Also, I could have sworn your screen name was spelled with an “n” before.

In fanfic news nobody cares about because they don’t read fanfics, Fimfiction has finally unveiled why they’ve recently banned NSFW blogs and cover images. Sadly, the guesses that it was Knighty using Dark Magic to summon an Elder God to make Flutterdash canon and it all went horribly wrong have been proven wrong. It is instead the much more likely “Adsense grabbing Knighty by the balls until he does what they want”. On the bright side, the mods have repeatedly assured the userbase that the site will implode before they ban clopfics. First TV Tropes, now Fimfiction. I wonder if KYM will be in the Google Empire’s crosshairs next.

That also leads to an interesting question: how does KYM do advertising if there’s so much NSFW content here?

all I ever seem to get is advertisements for christian sites….
IDK why….

Like I said before, the attraction I feel is completely non-sexual, for those of you who misread
I’ve never had a girlfriend, or any sort of close relationship with someone else. I mean, I’m close to my parents, but that’s a different kind of relationship, obviously
A pony pillow would be the most comfortable thing ever. the warm, soft fur, the movement of breath, the sounds of peaceful sleep…
Last edited Nov 08, 2013 at 06:58AM EST
Nov 08, 2013 at 06:50AM EST
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

Kewlm00b said:

I have no fetish…

Everyone has a fetish. No exceptions.

Also, I could have sworn your screen name was spelled with an “n” before.

In fanfic news nobody cares about because they don’t read fanfics, Fimfiction has finally unveiled why they’ve recently banned NSFW blogs and cover images. Sadly, the guesses that it was Knighty using Dark Magic to summon an Elder God to make Flutterdash canon and it all went horribly wrong have been proven wrong. It is instead the much more likely “Adsense grabbing Knighty by the balls until he does what they want”. On the bright side, the mods have repeatedly assured the userbase that the site will implode before they ban clopfics. First TV Tropes, now Fimfiction. I wonder if KYM will be in the Google Empire’s crosshairs next.

That also leads to an interesting question: how does KYM do advertising if there’s so much NSFW content here?

Actually, that’s a pretty good question. Maybe it’s because we censor it unlike some sites *COUGH*4chan*COUGH*


As for fetishes, bondage is my main one.

Nov 08, 2013 at 04:11PM EST
Quote

Jimbo said

As for fetishes, bondage is my main one.

We know, after the second attempt at starting a Bondage Pony thread I think we got the hint.

Last edited Nov 08, 2013 at 05:57PM EST
Nov 08, 2013 at 05:56PM EST
Quote

@Fetishes
If we’re opening the closets to show off our skeletons, then I might as well participate. (inb4 I run for office and this comes back to bit me in the ass)

This entire little comic has provided me with as much “stimuli” as I’ll ever need on Twilight. The artist’s other stuff is equally as “stimulating”.

I have absolutely no idea why flattening is my fetish. I think, like all fetishes, it started when I was young. Sometimes, I kind of wish I was 100% asexual (instead of only “never want to be in a relationship” asexual) as it can get…irritating at times. On the bright side, as I’ve mentioned, its “cartoony” nature ensures that I’ll never have to worry about being called a porn creep as people will just see silly squashed ponies.

Last edited Nov 08, 2013 at 07:09PM EST
Nov 08, 2013 at 07:06PM EST
Quote

@Crash

thanks and sorry about putting it in the wrong thread

Oh, I wasn’t saying you should move this conversation to the Fetish General thread, because as you can see, that thread is locked

I just posted that so you can see that KYM is very open about this sort of topic and we don’t judge each other here.

However, while discussing pony related fetishes is okay… if we start talking about fetishes in general then I would prefer somebody started a new Fetish General and post about it there


@Dontmesswithme

What? I said in a non sexual way… How is that gross?

Don’t mind Crash, I think he’s just trolling you. Anyway…

I have before ha the urge to just snuggle close to one, hold them tight and fall asleep. Has anyone else ever felt this?

Don’t we all? If only we could use their butts for pillows. That soft warm fur, that huggable tummy, that smooth luxurious hair…

If it’s non-sexual though, it may not really count as a fetish. A fetish is something that gets the blood pumping. What you have may be better described as a longing or desire for that kind of affection, either because you never received that affection before (due no gf) and want to experience it, or you have experienced it but not in a long time


@Lunar

Does “Fetish” include concepts like Romance?
Because 45% of the time, It’s not really good enough for me unless its romanticly based.
…another 45% of the time is because its cute. (Hey, turns out there’s a Tag on derpi Booru called “Cute Porn”, which actually contains a few of the nicer examples… But not that many since its a small tag.)

Same to you as well. I don’t think romance and cuteness counts as a fetish because it isn’t necessarily tied to erotica. I don’t imagine you really get a boner from either of those subjects. You just have a desire for that kind of relationship just like dontmesswithme does


@TSG

That also leads to an interesting question: how does KYM do advertising if there’s so much NSFW content here?

Ads are not controlled by the content of this site. They are controlled by the content that you browse across the web. Google always monitors what you do and tries to direct targeted advertising to you based on what they guess you may be looking for form vague search results.

I talked about fitness and hair loss a lot on Facebook one time, now I’m always getting ads on weight loss and hair regrowth regimes both here and on facebook.

Dontmess said he only gets church adverts. That could be from googling Christianity one time and talking about it on Google+

Furthermore, ads are moderated through the cheezeburger network. Anything the cheeseburger network approves will end up here as well. KYM is able to blacklist some ads but doesn’t really have much control over what comes through to you


@Disturbed

It’s okay. We all want a pony as a bed buddy. To snuggle, or fuck, or both.

Last edited Nov 08, 2013 at 08:02PM EST
Nov 08, 2013 at 07:47PM EST
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

@Fetishes
If we’re opening the closets to show off our skeletons, then I might as well participate. (inb4 I run for office and this comes back to bit me in the ass)

This entire little comic has provided me with as much “stimuli” as I’ll ever need on Twilight. The artist’s other stuff is equally as “stimulating”.

I have absolutely no idea why flattening is my fetish. I think, like all fetishes, it started when I was young. Sometimes, I kind of wish I was 100% asexual (instead of only “never want to be in a relationship” asexual) as it can get…irritating at times. On the bright side, as I’ve mentioned, its “cartoony” nature ensures that I’ll never have to worry about being called a porn creep as people will just see silly squashed ponies.

That comic was actually pretty funny and cute.

Nov 08, 2013 at 07:56PM EST
Quote

404 user not found wrote:

Pretty sure that name has been used for a past pony general. Just Saiyan.

KYM Pony General VIII: What ISN’T Our Fetish?”

Nov 09, 2013 at 12:36AM EST
Quote

Platus wrote:

KYM Pony General VIII: What ISN’T Our Fetish?”


Fund it. Stamp it. Ship it.

Nov 09, 2013 at 12:48AM EST
Quote

Oh come on, we can’t just ‘decide’ on a thread title like that. There needs to be a vote, controversy, scandal, an attempt to get your own mindless drones to spamvote for your favorite title, a Mod needs to be driven crazy by the madness of a simple vote! Okay fine, we can get rid of all of that but can we at least still have the Mod going crazy part? That was my favorite.

Last edited Nov 09, 2013 at 02:00AM EST
Nov 09, 2013 at 02:00AM EST
Quote

Oh so we can’t use Deathly Hasbro cause it would make us look bad, but a fetish title is okay? I see how it is #modsarenazis #volvofxistiepls

pls dont ban me

Last edited Nov 09, 2013 at 03:18AM EST
Nov 09, 2013 at 03:16AM EST
Quote

Platus wrote:

KYM Pony General VIII: What ISN’T Our Fetish?”

We need to decide on an image to go with this now. NAOW!

Nov 09, 2013 at 04:51AM EST
Quote

Blue Screen said:

Ads are not controlled by the content of this site.

I’m not referring to the ads themselves. I mean “how does Adsense operate on KYM when they have a very strict no-NSFW policy?” Both TV Tropes and Fimfiction have been bitchslapped by Google for featuring NSFW content, yet KYM also features such content, and yet has advertising. I’m wondering why.

Jimmy Lethal said:

That comic was actually pretty funny and cute.

And that’s the big plus of my fetish. It’s so innocuous, you’d never suspect it. I don’t even have to worry about NSFW tags most of the time.

Blue Screen said (again):

Next thread title confirmed.

Blue Screen confirmed for rigging the Hunger Thread Title Games. You really are going to play the President role, aren’t you?

Kewlm00b said:

Oh come on, we can’t just ‘decide’ on a thread title like that. There needs to be a vote, controversy, scandal, an attempt to get your own mindless drones to spamvote for your favorite title, a Mod needs to be driven crazy by the madness of a simple vote! Okay fine, we can get rid of all of that but can we at least still have the Mod going crazy part? That was my favorite.

Well, I do have 938 followers over on Fimfiction, so I could probably handle the vote-rigging. As for the mod going crazy part, I’m sure Verbose will relapse sooner or later. Once you go crazy, you never really go uncrazy.

Twilitlord said:

Oh so we can’t use Deathly Hasbro cause it would make us look bad, but a fetish title is okay?

I distinctly remember the controversy being over making Hasbro look bad and, in turn, making us look like /kym/ butthurt Twilicorn haters. I’d vote for “Deathly Hasbro” again. Lesser of two evils and all.

I was trying to think up a “Land Before Time 8” parody title, but I can’t think of any good pony puns for “The Big Freeze.”

Meanwhile, in “/mlp/ needs to have as many shitstorms before S4 as possible before they shift over to whining about ‘pandering’” news, there’s another shitstorm over this image:

Why the shitstorm? Well, to them, it confirms the Prophecy. What’s the Prophecy? This is:

(For those who cant see it: “Twilight defeats the Everfree Forest. The Everfree Forest vanishes. The Everfree Forest is now PRINCESS Twilight Sparkle’s kingdom. Now she can rule her own little land.”)

Personally, I don’t have a huge deal if this happens. Sure, it’ll knock out the Everfree Forest, but if I’m honest, I only really ever see [Dark] fanfics where Eldrich Abominations run lose use it. It’s rarely used otherwise, both in fanfics and in fanart.

Last edited Nov 09, 2013 at 06:24AM EST
Nov 09, 2013 at 06:18AM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

“KYM Pony General VIII: What ISN’T Our Fetish?”

Next thread title confirmed

>Wake up
>Play Geetar Hero
>Go on /kym/
>See this
>Mah nigga


xTSGx was all like:

(For those who cant see it: “Twilight defeats the Everfree Forest. The Everfree Forest vanishes. The Everfree Forest is now PRINCESS Twilight Sparkle’s kingdom. Now she can rule her own little land.”)
Personally, I don’t have a huge deal if this happens. Sure, it’ll knock out the Everfree Forest, but if I’m honest, I only really ever see [Dark] fanfics where Eldrich Abominations run lose use it. It’s rarely used otherwise, both in fanfics and in fanart.

I’m gonna have to agree with you there. It’s sort of like how Cadance got her own small kingdom, in this case being the Crystal Empire. Not to mention, the Everfree is pretty much right next to Ponyville. It wouldn’t be a problem for Twi to travel to and from it.

Nov 09, 2013 at 09:17AM EST
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

Blue Screen said:

Ads are not controlled by the content of this site.

I’m not referring to the ads themselves. I mean “how does Adsense operate on KYM when they have a very strict no-NSFW policy?” Both TV Tropes and Fimfiction have been bitchslapped by Google for featuring NSFW content, yet KYM also features such content, and yet has advertising. I’m wondering why.

Jimmy Lethal said:

That comic was actually pretty funny and cute.

And that’s the big plus of my fetish. It’s so innocuous, you’d never suspect it. I don’t even have to worry about NSFW tags most of the time.

Blue Screen said (again):

Next thread title confirmed.

Blue Screen confirmed for rigging the Hunger Thread Title Games. You really are going to play the President role, aren’t you?

Kewlm00b said:

Oh come on, we can’t just ‘decide’ on a thread title like that. There needs to be a vote, controversy, scandal, an attempt to get your own mindless drones to spamvote for your favorite title, a Mod needs to be driven crazy by the madness of a simple vote! Okay fine, we can get rid of all of that but can we at least still have the Mod going crazy part? That was my favorite.

Well, I do have 938 followers over on Fimfiction, so I could probably handle the vote-rigging. As for the mod going crazy part, I’m sure Verbose will relapse sooner or later. Once you go crazy, you never really go uncrazy.

Twilitlord said:

Oh so we can’t use Deathly Hasbro cause it would make us look bad, but a fetish title is okay?

I distinctly remember the controversy being over making Hasbro look bad and, in turn, making us look like /kym/ butthurt Twilicorn haters. I’d vote for “Deathly Hasbro” again. Lesser of two evils and all.

I was trying to think up a “Land Before Time 8” parody title, but I can’t think of any good pony puns for “The Big Freeze.”

Meanwhile, in “/mlp/ needs to have as many shitstorms before S4 as possible before they shift over to whining about ‘pandering’” news, there’s another shitstorm over this image:

Why the shitstorm? Well, to them, it confirms the Prophecy. What’s the Prophecy? This is:

(For those who cant see it: “Twilight defeats the Everfree Forest. The Everfree Forest vanishes. The Everfree Forest is now PRINCESS Twilight Sparkle’s kingdom. Now she can rule her own little land.”)

Personally, I don’t have a huge deal if this happens. Sure, it’ll knock out the Everfree Forest, but if I’m honest, I only really ever see [Dark] fanfics where Eldrich Abominations run lose use it. It’s rarely used otherwise, both in fanfics and in fanart.

Not sure if you made a mistake with your spoiler tag and ended up typing all that stuff after your spoiler tag on accident or if you intentionally posted that, either way.

Can’t wait to see the shitstorm over revealing the titles of those episodes plus a sentence long cocktease of a synopsis……wait a minute. That third episode, that synopsis indirectly reveals the outcome of the two-parter.

Nov 09, 2013 at 12:34PM EST
Quote
Oh, I wasn’t saying you should move this conversation to the Fetish General thread, because as you can see, that thread is locked
I just posted that so you can see that KYM is very open about this sort of topic and we don’t judge each other here.

Oh right, sorry about taking it the wrong way. That was my other idea, I sometimes have a hard time reading people’s meanings/tone…

Don’t mind Crash, I think he’s just trolling you.

Well, not trolling but I was just kidding. (sorry if I sound like I’m nitpicking, I just don’t want anyone thinking I’m an actual troll)

Nov 09, 2013 at 04:39PM EST
Quote

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

We need to decide on an image to go with this now. NAOW!

Last edited Nov 09, 2013 at 06:31PM EST
Nov 09, 2013 at 06:26PM EST
Quote

@ crash:
All good bro, I ha literally had no sleep when I started posting, so the whole “interpreting what others are saying” thing wasn’t going well…

@ponies general:
Not to completely derail, but just move in a new direction, what do you guys think about the comics? I’ve read the first four, an so far I’ve enjoyed them. I’ve seen people argue that they don like them because they aren’t for the target audience, and that they aren’t suitable for the target audience, but I don’t know of many young girls who read comic books. And if they do read comic books, they shouldn’t have a problem with these.

Nov 09, 2013 at 06:39PM EST
Quote

Oh guys, hate to derail but I just realized something.

Only got about two weeks or so until Season 4 begins and I STILL haven’t watched the show!
Odds don’t seem good that I can’t get through 65 episodes in that time when I have so much else I need to do… :(

@Dontmess:
It’s okay dude, I understand 100%, I have the same problem sometimes (as my replies to Blue showed…).

And I haven’t checked the comics either, they’re not as big a priority for me but I would like to check them out sometime.

Last edited Nov 09, 2013 at 06:44PM EST
Nov 09, 2013 at 06:40PM EST
Quote

Zorgenflarg wrote:

CrashGordon94 wrote:

I can’t get through 65 episodes in that time when I have so much else I need to do… :(

Don’t worry, you can get through it in 22 minutes

I made it 16 minutes in before my browser said “Fuck it, I’ve had enough! Fuck this!” Then just stopped the video. I personally had no problem with watching it, I tried to follow the episodes with songs playing as you could hear the song a bit in the background…..but then I found out almost every episode that features a song plays said song at almost the same exact time so it got a little confusing after a while (and also headache inducing). Besides that I was able to hear Pinkie Pie (Surprise surprise), Sweetie Belle crying in One Bad Apple. Only had 6 minutes to go before it died on me.

Nov 09, 2013 at 07:15PM EST
Quote

Dontmess withme has A nine word name wrote:

The entire series can be watched as a 23.5 hour marathon. Also, I you devote an hour and forty minutes a day, you can watch the series in 13 days

Well, definitely good to know, but I’m not sure I really have time to do either…
I mean, the second option sounds ALMOST doable but I’m not sure I have the time to watch that much each day, really…

Nov 09, 2013 at 08:25PM EST
Quote

Dontmess withme has A nine word name said:

…what do you guys think about the comics?

I enjoyed the Chrysalis arc, but as I was reading it, I realized I get a lot more entertainment out of fanfics for a lot less money. I spent ten bucks on it and it only took me an hour to read, whereas it takes the same amount of time to read 25,000 words of a fanfic, which is free.

As for Nightmarity, I skimmed through the /mlp/ posts of it and didn’t like it as it directly conflicts with Luna Eclipsed’s portrayal of Luna (who rolled her eyes at being called NMM) and instead opted for the long-dead “atoner/shy” fanon Luna. I don’t have much I ask for in the EU, but consistent characterization is one of the biggest.

I have yet to see any of the other comics (Big Mac, Cadance/Shining Armor, Micro, etc.) so I don’t have an opinion of them. I can say that /mlp/ despises the Rainbow Dash micro (for its plot) and Twilight micro (for its art) and adores the Rarity micro to no end, but again, I haven’t seen any of them so can’t say if it’s just /mlp/ being /mlp/ or not.

CrashGordon94 said:

Only got about two weeks or so until Season 4 begins and I STILL haven’t watched the show!
Odds don’t seem good that I can’t get through 65 episodes in that time when I have so much else I need to do… :(

>two weeks left
>not binging on five episode a day

You’d never be able to make it through Pokemon in a summer. 800 episodes, 16 movies, a spinoff series (Chronicles), and a horrible dub switch. Such fond memories I have of sitting on my chair at one in the morning, scrambling to make it through another episode so I can get to the next movie before it gets too late to eat while I watch the movie. I had to average seven episodes a day. On the bright side, I finished just before Lesson Zero aired (that Thursday) and so was able to avoid the First Great Hiatus and settle into the fandom to enjoy fanon!Luna before she was kicked to the curb.

There’s also another promo out. I’d link to it, but aside from hearing Q say “My Little Pony: Equestria Girls,” there really isn’t much to it. No new important scenes or anything. I’m glad they aren’t totally spoiling it. Reminds me of A Canterlot Wedding when we all thought it would be hilarious clone hijinks and then we got the Dominion instead.

Nov 09, 2013 at 08:42PM EST
Quote

There’s also another promo out. I’d link to it, but aside from hearing Q say “My Little Pony: Equestria Girls,” there really isn’t much to it. No new important scenes or anything. I’m glad they aren’t totally spoiling it. Reminds me of A Canterlot Wedding when we all thought it would be hilarious clone hijinks and then we got the Dominion instead.

And it’s unlike Crystal Empire where we had the entire first 14 minutes of the episode released within the months (remember, months) before Season 3 began. Nice to see they learned a lesson since then…..but then again we won’t know that until we get Princess Fluttershy spoiled by Hasbro 5 episodes before the Princess Fluttershy episode would air. (No people, that was a joke about how they spoiled Princess Twilight a whole month before it ever happened so don’t go downvoting thinking I just spoiled the entire season for you, Luna kills Celestia)

Nov 09, 2013 at 09:00PM EST
Quote

Hey guys, don’t mean to double post here but this is important……New Flufflepuff

Short sweet and to the point, can see several ‘Fun cave’ gifs popping up within the next few hours.

Last edited Nov 10, 2013 at 12:11AM EST
Nov 10, 2013 at 12:10AM EST
Quote

@Dontmesswithme

Not to completely derail, but just move in a new direction, what do you guys think about the comics? I’ve read the first four, an so far I’ve enjoyed them.

DP (or was it someone else) posted all the comics for free online here in this thread somewhere.

They look kinda interesting and I want to check them out but I never find the time.

I’ve seen people argue that they don like them because they aren’t for the target audience, and that they aren’t suitable for the target audience, but I don’t know of many young girls who read comic books. And if they do read comic books, they shouldn’t have a problem with these.

Everyone knows the Comics are targeted at a slightly older audience than the actual show. Whoever is complaining, does not know what they are talking about

Nov 10, 2013 at 01:03AM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!