Forums / Discussion / General

168,599 total conversations in 5,401 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9944 posts from 165 users

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Dr.Whooves & Platus

Do we actually have a ponified version of all twelve doctors to use?

We’re gonna Doc around the clock tonight!
We’re gonna Doc, Doc, Doc ‘til broad daylight!
We’re gonna Doc, gonna Doc around the clock tonight!

There you go, guys.
The official Doctor Whooves Regenerations Countdown Clock!
It’s midnight of the tenth day so we’ve just struck Tennant o’clock!
(Yes, this clock goes backward. Shut up.)


To celebrate the oncoming season four, why not go back and ridicule the previous season mercilessly?
Meticulously?
Frame-by-frame?

Blooper time!

For all the awesomeness of the MLP animators, freckle consistency is not their strong suit.
(We kid because we love!)


Commence hype!
Prepare feels!

Just to say, ‘Flight to the Finish’ as a title kind of makes me think that Scoots may very well fly!
I’ve always kind of preferred the concept of her being incapable and having to come to terms with that as a part of her character development and growth, but I’m honestly just excited to see it addressed no matter what the end result may be!

Last edited Nov 13, 2013 at 02:47AM EST
Nov 13, 2013 at 02:43AM EST
Quote

After careful consultation, I am unable to determine whether the leaked screenshots are legit or not.

Legitness:
>the fact that there’s four, HD pictures that would take hours to draw and vectorize
>4chan being unable to reverse image search any of them. They literally showed up on 4chan first.

Seeming Legitness:
>Incorrect episode title of “Princess Twilight Sparkle” when both Zap2it, and an official press release give the title as “Princess Twilight”

According to 4chan, they were taken from an Entertainment Weekly promo that will be released “tomorrow” and that’s the reason for the strange aspect ratio (the EW logo was cropped out) and the Hub logo being in the wrong place.

I suppose if the next few days go by and nothing happens, then we’ll know an absolutely masterful ruseman was at work.

Nov 13, 2013 at 03:53AM EST
Quote

@DP

Of course my question was a stupid one. Of course we have all twelve Doctor Whooves (plural?)

So all we need now is separate image for each doctor, one for each day.

I’m gonna go ahead and guess you’ve something for that too. That’s why I like you, you are like KYM’s official pony image search engine


So while I’m on the subject, anyone for a Doctor Whooves thread?

I haven’t given myself the time to read pony comics, but I certainly gave myself time to read the Doctor Whooves comics of which there are many.

Now I’m not much of a doctor who fan. I only passingly see the TV series but I still think Doctor Whooves is one of the coolest things to come from this fandom. I like him so much that I wear him.

Nov 13, 2013 at 04:45AM EST
Quote


Actually, Prince Whooves actually seems fitting, Time Lords have plenty of superhuman abilities, possibly more than Alicorns have over the normal trio of Pony races, even.

I like him well enough, but I must admit I have one little issue… The whole concept is slightly confusing to me.
“See that brown pony in the background?”
“Yeah?”
“He looks like David Tennant!”
“Oh yeah, he totally does!”
Wat
Nevertheless, he’s a solid character and as a bonus, nobody will think I’m weird for not wanting to kiss him! …Right?

Nov 13, 2013 at 09:18AM EST
Quote

Deadparrot The Evil sinning unholy image finder said

We’re gonna Doc around the clock tonight!
We’re gonna Doc, Doc, Doc ‘til broad daylight!
We’re gonna Doc, gonna Doc around the clock tonight!

Damn you and your inhuman image finding skills!

What if Doctor Whooves doesn’t even show up in the background this season? Kinda like Derpy last year.

Last edited Nov 13, 2013 at 09:19AM EST
Nov 13, 2013 at 09:18AM EST
Quote

CrashGordon94 wrote:


Actually, Prince Whooves actually seems fitting, Time Lords have plenty of superhuman abilities, possibly more than Alicorns have over the normal trio of Pony races, even.

I like him well enough, but I must admit I have one little issue… The whole concept is slightly confusing to me.
“See that brown pony in the background?”
“Yeah?”
“He looks like David Tennant!”
“Oh yeah, he totally does!”
Wat
Nevertheless, he’s a solid character and as a bonus, nobody will think I’m weird for not wanting to kiss him! …Right?

Yes, he does look like David Tennant.

Does that alone make him the Doctor?

Not necessarily.

The fact that he looks like him AND has a cutie mark that makes you think Time is a thing he specializes in, then its slightly less of a stretch.

If it was only one or the other, nobody would have noted that much, but the fact he’s got both made them put two and two together to get something vaguely resembling a four regardless of if it is or not actually a four.

And no, we don’t think you’re weird if you want to kiss anyone or anything. There’s much weirder things out there and in here than that.

Nya~!

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:58AM EST
Quote

Honestly, I get that (the “it’s the combination”) , it’s the “looks like David Tennant” part that kinda has me stumped, really.

And no, we don’t think you’re weird if you want to kiss anyone or anything. There’s much weirder things out there and in here than that.

Are you sure? That’s kinda the impression I got from the kissing Derpy debate a little while ago (pages 123-125, mostly it’s all on 124).

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:24PM EST
Quote

CrashGordon94 wrote:

Honestly, I get that (the “it’s the combination”) , it’s the “looks like David Tennant” part that kinda has me stumped, really.

And no, we don’t think you’re weird if you want to kiss anyone or anything. There’s much weirder things out there and in here than that.

Are you sure? That’s kinda the impression I got from the kissing Derpy debate a little while ago (pages 123-125, mostly it’s all on 124).

0_0

Wasn’t it just that one person who thought that Kissing Derpy was Weird?

Wasn’t that you?

Wasn’t it for most who didn’t want to kiss her mostly thought it wasn’t weird and could understand it but just weren’t into it themselves?

Eh… Meh.

In any case, I’m still weirder than you. And you might not be interested in seeing how many ways that is.

…A.k.a. A lot.


Edit:

Well, I thought that kissing Derpy was weird, and I got the distinct impression from what others said that they thought I was weird for thinking that, basically.
I also confessed my Pony-related fetish at the end of the argument but nobody called me weird for that.

Pretty much.

Not sure why even when you say all this that you think we would think you weird for wanting to kiss one pony when we find you weird for NOT wanting to kiss another.

Basically what to take away from this is that what’s really weird is if you say you DON’T want to kiss a pony rather than saying that you do want to kiss one.

…If that makes sense.

Erm… To put it simply…

KISS ALL THE PONIES!

Last edited Nov 13, 2013 at 02:40PM EST
Nov 13, 2013 at 02:14PM EST
Quote

Well, I thought that kissing Derpy was weird, and I got the distinct impression from what others said that they thought I was weird for thinking that, basically.
I also confessed my Pony-related fetish at the end of the argument but nobody called me weird for that.

Nov 13, 2013 at 02:26PM EST
Quote

Ah yes, indeed the clock is ticking…

I’ve even done a pretty good job of avoiding spoilers this time. Aside from the title of the first episode, I don’t know anything at all about the new season! The wait is almost over!

Oh, and I’ve finally entered the 21st century. I have (sort of) high speed internet! No more fighting with dial-up for me. It’s not quite good enough to play League of Legends on, but it’s miles better than what I was stuck with before. Woohoo!

Nov 13, 2013 at 03:59PM EST
Quote

Wha? A Doctor Whooves thread?

I’m sure there’s incarnations of all the Doctors somewhere on the internet, if it exists, there is a pony of it. Even though the countdown is random-ish, it does actually kind of make sense considering it’s a big day for both shows, seeing Tennant and Twilight in one day, I don’t know if my brain will be able to handle it..

As far as Whooves appearing in Season 4, there isn’t a doubt in my mind, even it’s not the 10th incarnation the cutiemark is a stock cutiemark that’s applied to background characters, it even made an appearance in Equestria Girls that featured a cast of new background characters so I’m sure we’ll see either classic Whooves, or a new Whooves, either way he’ll be there.

10 days left,

Allons-y!

Nov 13, 2013 at 04:40PM EST
Quote

What’s so wrong with me? I can’t avoid spoilers of any kind! The further I went in not seeing spoilers was when I didn’t watched GTA V’s ending on Youtube! AAAAAH
…Oh well, there is always the next year.

So what you guys think about this hoodie design?

I REALLY like the body design.

Nov 13, 2013 at 04:46PM EST
Quote

One only wonders if there’ll be a version that people will compare to Peter Capaldi.
Especially since there have been fan versions of that already made.

Nov 13, 2013 at 04:47PM EST
Quote

Commodore 64 wrote:

Ah yes, indeed the clock is ticking…

I’ve even done a pretty good job of avoiding spoilers this time. Aside from the title of the first episode, I don’t know anything at all about the new season! The wait is almost over!

Oh, and I’ve finally entered the 21st century. I have (sort of) high speed internet! No more fighting with dial-up for me. It’s not quite good enough to play League of Legends on, but it’s miles better than what I was stuck with before. Woohoo!

I suppose you’d be pretty sore at me if I spoiled the whole “Fluttershy turns into a dragon” episode to you

Nov 13, 2013 at 05:08PM EST
Quote

Kewln00b? wrote:

I suppose you’d be pretty sore at me if I spoiled the whole “Fluttershy turns into a dragon” episode to you

Just to be absolutely clear, you are kidding, right?

Nov 13, 2013 at 05:22PM EST
Quote

CrashGordon94 wrote:

Just to be absolutely clear, you are kidding, right?


That.. that doesn’t bother you, does it?


@DeadParrot/Fifths
What happened with the tumblr you guys created? I saw the account change, but what caused it?

Last edited Nov 13, 2013 at 05:39PM EST
Nov 13, 2013 at 05:37PM EST
Quote

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

What’s so wrong with me? I can’t avoid spoilers of any kind! The further I went in not seeing spoilers was when I didn’t watched GTA V’s ending on Youtube! AAAAAH
…Oh well, there is always the next year.

So what you guys think about this hoodie design?

I REALLY like the body design.

That is the best hoodie design I’ve ever seen. I agree with you fully on the body design; I guess I just like neon green. 10/10 would wear.


@Fluttershy Turns Into A Dragon:

Nov 13, 2013 at 05:37PM EST
Quote

CrashGordon94 wrote:

Just to be absolutely clear, you are kidding, right?

No, it was leaked last Tuesday, it will be pretty interesting to see how Fluttergon or Dragonfly, whatever we’re going to call her now, will effect the dynamic of the show and the main cast, though her being a dragon now, does make a lot of sense if you think about it, so I think it will work.

Nov 13, 2013 at 05:44PM EST
Quote

Does Fluttershy turn into a dragon before or after she becomes an alicorn?

Nov 13, 2013 at 05:55PM EST
Quote

Dr Whooves wrote:

No, it was leaked last Tuesday, it will be pretty interesting to see how Fluttergon or Dragonfly, whatever we’re going to call her now, will effect the dynamic of the show and the main cast, though her being a dragon now, does make a lot of sense if you think about it, so I think it will work.

>Implying any of this is real

dockturr pls


I was going to explain how the two-parter fits into my headcanon, what with Earth and Equestria being connected, but I wasn’t really sure if anyone cared. Still, if anyone wants to hear it, I’ll post it.

Nov 13, 2013 at 05:57PM EST
Quote

CrashGordon94 wrote:

Just to be absolutely clear, you are kidding, right?

Nope, it has been leaked by The Hub.

Season 4 Episode 6, Dragonshy Part 2 (not a fan of the title as it’s not REALLY a continuation of the season 1 episode)
When a new Unicorn arrives in Ponyville with exceptional magic skills Fluttershy finds herself transformed into a 10 story high Dragon. Fluttershy and her friends must find the Unicorn and change her back before it’s too late.

Does Fluttershy turn into a dragon before or after she becomes an alicorn?

Well of COURSE it’s before, they save her Alicornification for the Season 4 finale.

Last edited Nov 13, 2013 at 06:12PM EST
Nov 13, 2013 at 06:04PM EST
Quote

At least she doesn’t have wings.

No, no. Hasbro found another way to mess with you.

Nov 13, 2013 at 06:06PM EST
Quote

Verbose wrote:

At least she doesn’t have wings.

No, no. Hasbro found another way to mess with you.

FINALLY! A reason to go to Black Friday.

Nov 13, 2013 at 06:11PM EST
Quote

Verbose wrote:

At least she doesn’t have wings.

No, no. Hasbro found another way to mess with you.

At 16″ × 20″ (40 × 51 cm) for $12.00, that’s really not bad. She’s being advertised as a pillow, and I know that if I were sleeping on her, I wouldn’t care much that she looks a little bit like a frog.

And this little guy doesn’t seem to mind at all.


Last edited Nov 13, 2013 at 06:37PM EST
Nov 13, 2013 at 06:29PM EST
Quote

Harshwhinny wrote:


That.. that doesn’t bother you, does it?


@DeadParrot/Fifths
What happened with the tumblr you guys created? I saw the account change, but what caused it?

Damn it! Dragons are so fire-resistant, how am I supposed to burn her to death now?!

Seriously though, it really did sound far-fetched but people said the same about Princess Twilight and we all know how that turned out.

Nov 13, 2013 at 06:35PM EST
Quote

@Walmart Twilight Sparkle

I think I’d rather buy the one from Hot Topic

Kinda ugly, but I think it’s cute.

Last edited Nov 13, 2013 at 06:52PM EST
Nov 13, 2013 at 06:50PM EST
Quote

Verbose wrote:

At least she doesn’t have wings.

No, no. Hasbro found another way to mess with you.

I like Photoshop.

Nov 13, 2013 at 07:07PM EST
Quote

Jimmy "Sniper" Lethal wrote:

>Implying any of this is real

dockturr pls


I was going to explain how the two-parter fits into my headcanon, what with Earth and Equestria being connected, but I wasn’t really sure if anyone cared. Still, if anyone wants to hear it, I’ll post it.

:

Would I lie to you?

Last edited Nov 13, 2013 at 07:34PM EST
Nov 13, 2013 at 07:31PM EST
Quote

sstabeler wrote:

sounds interesting…

Alright then, off we go.

As some of you might know, in my headcanon, Earth and Equestria have a link between them. This caused confusion with the show, as some wondered if the events in the show really happened, and if they did, how they would happen now that there’s a link between the worlds. Twilight Sparkle explained it after a January 18, 2012 Legacy Armada show in Charlotte, North Carolina.

TS: I understand that some people are finding the connection between the real world and the show strange, but I hope I can clear it up. The show is a good representation of Equestria and me and my friends’ lives, but in the end, that is what it is: a representation. Some events in the show did happen in real life, such as the events of The Best Night Ever, but some were created solely for entertainment, like Green Isn’t Your Color. I have faith in the creators of the show to adapt important events that happen in Equestria, and the episodes for these will probably air a while after the event has passed.

Josh Larson explained after a show in Charleston, South Carolina on November 5, 2013 about the season four premier, stating the following:

JL: The season four premier comes down to an exaggeration of real life when you strip it naked. It actually happened a little while after Twi’s coronation, about five days. There was a parade in Ponyville for those of you who remember, and a bit before the parade, we get these weird-ass possessed vines coming from the Everfree Forest tangling around the city. Long story short, we put ’em away after they had done a bit of terrorizing the citizens, and asked Zecora about it later. Without me rhyming right now, she said those vines had a spell put on them nine hundred years ago or something, and they happened to awake that day. One parade and one more group of medals for heroism later, we suggested that we base the season opener off of that. As for Twilight discovering the origin of the Elements, Celestia decided it was time to show her when she became Princess, so we threw that in there.

I hope that clears things up.

@Twilight Plushie: HOLY FUCK WHAT IS THAT THING’

Last edited Nov 13, 2013 at 07:46PM EST
Nov 13, 2013 at 07:44PM EST
Quote

@Dr Whooves circlejerk
I like Doctor Who as much as the next guy (I’m curious how Moffat’s gonna handwave the “there can only be twelve regenerations” thing), but I never really understood “Dr Hooves.” It’s fine to goof off thinking up headcanon for the background ponies, but the level that people take it just seems kind of silly.

@Verbose
>Hasbro
>implying it isn’t some licensed company that made the plushie

Hasbro seems to take a lot more flak than it deserves. EQD even caused some moderate jimmy rustling the other day with everyone’s paranoid posts when Funrise said a Luna plushie would cost too much money to produce. The crazy “Hasbro’s lying and only wants to destroy the fandom” people were spouting made the economist and /mlp/ enthusiast inside of me boil with rage. It’s like no one’s ever seen a Demand Curve before (As prices go up, demand goes down).

It’s also been officially announced that the episode title for the premiere has been changed to “Princess Twilight Sparkle.” As a result, the legitness of those screencaps is now almost without doubt.

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:15PM EST
Quote

Dontmess withme has A nine word name wrote:

I thought it was spelled “dr. whooves”
i’ve seen it both ways…

Both ways? So I guess that makes you a bi-whoovian?

. . . .

I’ll see myself out.

Nov 14, 2013 at 01:01AM EST
Quote

Dontmess withme has A nine word name wrote:

I thought it was spelled “dr. whooves”
i’ve seen it both ways…

That’s the preferred fan version. The one without the W is the official spelling, for copyright reasons.

Nov 14, 2013 at 03:34AM EST
Quote

@Crash

Correct. Doctor Hooves is the legal name. Which is fine by me because in my headcanon, Derpy Hooves is married to Doctor Hooves


@TSG

but I never really understood “Dr Hooves.”

What’s not to get? It’s the freaking doctor. He lends a hand to an entire other fandom so of course that’s gonna give him more fanfare than any other background pony.

Even though Time Turner wasn’t originally created to be a reference to Dr. Who, the internet isn’t known for accepting things the way they were intended and will interpret characters in it’s own fashion whether anyone likes it or not. It doesn’t matter if Time Turner only had a very vague stretch of resemblance to Daniel Radcliff, let alone the doctor. The concept alone is too awesome to let specificity stand in it’s way. As the internet would say: “Close enough”

Doctor Whooves simply had to be made. Such an opportunity could not be passed up the moment it was spotted. And look what it has brought us so far.

(As an interesting note, Derpy Hooves was created the same way: Through the internet spotting a grand opportunity arise from an unexpected means and running with it. I like to think that’s how Derpy and the Doctor got shipped: Those two have something in common to share)

Last edited Nov 14, 2013 at 04:36AM EST
Nov 14, 2013 at 04:29AM EST
Quote

@Blue: i actually had the same idea about her name, funnily enough.

of course that’s gonna give him more fanfare than any other background pony.

Are you sure? He’s very popular but Derpy, Vinyl and Lyra all seem more popular than him.

Nov 14, 2013 at 07:20AM EST
Quote

Dontmess withme has A nine word name Wrote:

9 DAYS!!!!

…Days you say?

Last edited Nov 14, 2013 at 07:29AM EST
Nov 14, 2013 at 07:27AM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Crash

Correct. Doctor Hooves is the legal name. Which is fine by me because in my headcanon, Derpy Hooves is married to Doctor Hooves


@TSG

but I never really understood “Dr Hooves.”

What’s not to get? It’s the freaking doctor. He lends a hand to an entire other fandom so of course that’s gonna give him more fanfare than any other background pony.

Even though Time Turner wasn’t originally created to be a reference to Dr. Who, the internet isn’t known for accepting things the way they were intended and will interpret characters in it’s own fashion whether anyone likes it or not. It doesn’t matter if Time Turner only had a very vague stretch of resemblance to Daniel Radcliff, let alone the doctor. The concept alone is too awesome to let specificity stand in it’s way. As the internet would say: “Close enough”

Doctor Whooves simply had to be made. Such an opportunity could not be passed up the moment it was spotted. And look what it has brought us so far.

(As an interesting note, Derpy Hooves was created the same way: Through the internet spotting a grand opportunity arise from an unexpected means and running with it. I like to think that’s how Derpy and the Doctor got shipped: Those two have something in common to share)

Or Derpy and the Doctor get shipped because the Doctor has a thing for the Derp eyes. And knowing the internet that one seems a bit more valid than something that sounds like it makes too much sense to be real.

Nov 14, 2013 at 09:36AM EST
Quote

Kewln00b? wrote:

Or Derpy and the Doctor get shipped because the Doctor has a thing for the Derp eyes. And knowing the internet that one seems a bit more valid than something that sounds like it makes too much sense to be real.

I thought it was because one two or so separate occasions Derpy and the Doctor were together, one of which may have been valentimes day.

Like… One sec…

Right there on the bridge, Hearts and Hooves day, romantic location on romantic day. Both having memorable traits. It’s practically canon that they at least had a date.

Impossible not to ship.

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:36AM EST
Quote

Alex Mercer wrote:

Brilliant performances by Guard #1 and Guard #2. They’re way more interesting than Brad Sentry.

Nov 14, 2013 at 02:44PM EST
Quote
small point that occurred to me while watching that video- what IS the line of succession in Equestria? Does it run Cadence-Twilight, or Twilight-Cadence? IS there even a formal Line of Succession in Equestria, or is it more or less “grab the nearest Alicorn” In other words, was Twilight brought to Canterlot because she was the nearest person in the Line of Succession, or is she the actual Heir to the throne?
Nov 14, 2013 at 02:47PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!