Forums / General

191,245 total conversations in 5,243 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Apr 19, 2014 at 07:36PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9,118 conversations with 155 participants

CrashGordon94 wrote:

Wait Tyler, you have the same birthday as me?!

December 20th, 1995?

Dec 05, 2013 at 05:04PM EST
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

Jimmy Lethal said:

>yfw it’s Nyx

Time to go on /mlp/ and enjoy the shitstorm. Even better, the shitstorm would rapidly spread, fueled by a Ass Ravage Nor’easter--drowning both EQD and Fimfiction in it’s ALL CAPS rage.

>become Rainbow Dash’s pony lover
I’ll be able to live /mlp/’s dream.

Derpy Hooves breaks my heart……………But Derpy……you were mai waifu. How can you look me in the eyes and my feet due to your fucked up eyes and tell me it’s over like this? After all those muffins of mine that I let you eat, maybe I like muffins too Derpy! Oh well, Backup Waifu get your ass over here!

Dec 05, 2013 at 06:14PM EST
Quote

Since we’re doing Birthday Games, may I add another?

My response:

I swap bodies with Princess Luna, what do I do?
Change back, demand to be changed back, etc.
Dec 05, 2013 at 08:00PM EST
Quote

CrashGordon94 wrote:

Since we’re doing Birthday Games, may I add another?

My response:

I swap bodies with Princess Luna, what do I do?
Change back, demand to be changed back, etc.

Well…..You know what happens to me.

Dec 05, 2013 at 08:15PM EST
Quote

Tyler Bowman wrote:

Well…..You know what happens to me.

If you look at the bonus round, it makes me wish we had post numbers like 4chan does. I just want to imagine how some of these scenarios could end in sex.

Actually no, I don’t want to imagine that.

Dec 05, 2013 at 08:18PM EST
Quote

Platus wrote:

If you look at the bonus round, it makes me wish we had post numbers like 4chan does. I just want to imagine how some of these scenarios could end in sex.

Actually no, I don’t want to imagine that.

So, If I was unlucky to have the number to have this situation of “Switching bodies with Princess Luna” that ended with having sex. Well I can’t argue with that, Because I would be fucking myself (Since Princess luna would be in mine, but its still MY body), And I do find myself attractive… I would do me…….Oh Jesus, I’m sorry, But I had to go there hahahahaha. I couldn’t resist making the joke of having sex in a different body, with my previous body hahaha.

Dec 05, 2013 at 08:32PM EST
Quote

@Platus

The closest thing we can get to that is by inspecting our post ID’s (which you have to use your browser dev tools to do). That said…


@Birthday thing

Babs takes me to a wild party where I get drunk and wake up with Sweetie Belle the next morning

GO AWAY CHRIS! She was afraid of the dark and wouldn’t sleep in her own bed! THAT’S ALL! And what were any of them doing at an alcoholic party? I’m informing all their parents/legal guardians

Now what’s my post ID…539293…no dubs, no trips. Okay, I’m safe

Last edited Dec 05, 2013 at 09:45PM EST
Dec 05, 2013 at 09:43PM EST
Quote

CrashGordon94 said:

One year before, precisely. :o

Great, 11-25-92 (my birthday orbits Thanksgiving and occasionally collides with it).
>that feeling you get when you realize you’re starting to get old

I was hoping I wouldn’t get this feeling for another few years.

I’d do the new /mlp/ game, but, despite being on this site for two years, I have no idea what my post ID# is.

Last edited Dec 05, 2013 at 10:31PM EST
Dec 05, 2013 at 10:29PM EST
Quote

@TSG

You have to post first to find it. Then right click, inspect element, select the article tag that makes up your entire post and look for the data-id attribute. Yours is 539304

One of these days, we should have that displayed on the post

Dec 06, 2013 at 12:13AM EST
Quote

@Rarity Episode
Good news for you Rarity freaks: You may not even have to wait as long as you thought!


How she’s going to factor into an episode that is surely going to be mostly involving Rainbow Dash is a mystery, but if it was important enough for The Hub to tease it…


@The Numbers
Yeah, just wanted to throw my vote in for song episodes.
Episodes advancing the arc is a very close second option, but it feels like there might be too many gaps, especially from 21 to 25.
That sort of implies that there would be three whole episodes from (presumably) finding the final key to using them in the finale?
Sounds odd to me…

Saying episode 5 will have a song probably means more Scoota-singing!


Ha ha, I finally win one of these things!
Rainbow Dash is now my mother!
And since Scootaloo is now her sister, I guess Scoots is my aunt!

… These relationships are getting weird…

@xTSGx
You keep your filthy hands off my mother!
You’re not my real dad!


@Second Birthday Game
Spitfire is now my mortal enemy, and Soarin will aid me in defeating her?

She did what?!
MUTINY!

Dec 06, 2013 at 02:20AM EST
Quote

@xTSGx
Vinyl sends me a love letter…


@CrashGordon94’s birthday game
Queen Chrysalis murders Spitfire. Wat do?
..
I have nothing.


Lets post some weird shit while we still don’t have anything interesting.


Last edited Dec 06, 2013 at 10:52AM EST
Dec 06, 2013 at 10:34AM EST
Quote

Alex Mercer wrote:

@xTSGx
Vinyl sends me a love letter…


@CrashGordon94’s birthday game
Queen Chrysalis murders Spitfire. Wat do?
..
I have nothing.


Lets post some weird shit while we still don’t have anything interesting.


For some reason, Fluttershy being the liver just sort of works.

“Oh, is that a jaegerbomb? Ar you sure you what to – three of them? O-ok I guess, but maybe you might want to space them out a . . . is that a keg? Oh . . . my. squeak

And then op became a teetotaler.

Dec 06, 2013 at 11:56AM EST
Quote

@New Birthday Game
Applejack is your mortal enemy, you must battle them to the death with the aid of Lyra.
I can only find one appropriate picture

@Weird shit


Last edited Dec 06, 2013 at 12:36PM EST
Dec 06, 2013 at 12:33PM EST
Quote

CrashGordon94 wrote:

Since we’re doing Birthday Games, may I add another?

My response:

I swap bodies with Princess Luna, what do I do?
Change back, demand to be changed back, etc.

Sweetie Belle takes me to a party, I get really drunk, and I wake up in bed with Derpy.


@Freakyshit:

No, I can’t explain.

Dec 06, 2013 at 04:05PM EST
Quote

CrashGordon94 wrote:

Since we’re doing Birthday Games, may I add another?

My response:

I swap bodies with Princess Luna, what do I do?
Change back, demand to be changed back, etc.

Hmm, let’s see.

You are trapped in a room with X for atleast 48 hours, Y is trying to get the door open. Is this good or bad?

Now who is X and Y?
X = Big Mac
Y = Rarity.

Huh, this seems like it would be pretty damn bad. I don’t think I need to check to see if I have Dubs, Trips or Quads because in this situation it all seems like it would be the same outcome.

Also, this thing happened.

Oooooh look at that, a soundtrack. Only 11 songs but at least they got most of the best songs from Season 1 and 2. So there’s that. Also, they forgot the reprise for Art of the Dress so that bums me out.

Last edited Dec 06, 2013 at 06:00PM EST
Dec 06, 2013 at 05:49PM EST
Quote

Blue Screen said:

Yours is 539304

>You and Spitfire are having a romantic evening together when you’re interrupted by…

Kewln00baloo said:

X = Big Mac

…Big Mac, who is extremely jealous.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Spitmac before.

And I’m confused as hell by this birthday game. The numbers >imply you’re supposed to use your birth date (and the birth date of the poster above you), but then what’s the post ID# for? Is it just to check for dubs?

Deadparrot222 said:

You keep your filthy hands off my mother!
You’re not my real dad!

Cool, I get to be the awkward stepfather.

Alex Mercer ??? said:

Lets post some weird shit while we still don’t have anything interesting.

Then there’s the fanfic where Twilight turns herself into a cloud to have sex with Dash, the fanfic where Dash turns into a meatball marinara sub, and the fanfic where Twilight becomes a carnivore.

Of course, that’s not including the fetish pictures I could whip out.

@Soundtrack
It took them long enough. Hopefully, if there’s enough demand, they’ll release the background music.

I’m also priding myself on going into tomorrow’s episode completely blind (aside from some Image Gallery spoilers) as I haven’t seen any of the previews.

Dec 06, 2013 at 06:55PM EST
Quote

Since I do not want to partake in ponycringeworthy thread pt. 2, I’m just gonna brag about some pony swag I got today

I got my first ever pony plushie in the form of the build-a-bear Fluttershy. I’m pretty happy about it, it stands on its own, is super soft, and looks considerably show-accurate. I also bought the gala dress because I felt that eating this week was less important. The dress is super cute on her but wing holes are frustratingly absent and so the dress bunches up weirdly on the back. Also the dress is more like a cape since it only connects around her neck, I may use my sewing expertise to put some holes in and possibly add a torso to it.

The mall I went to for build-a-bear also had a Newbury Comics, so I decided to stop there for a little window shopping. Lo and behold they had a translucent Lyra there and I snatched that shit up.

It was right in the front row of the boxes lined up. The paint job is a little rougher on this than it is on my Fluttershy figure, and I wish I could’ve gotten one of the mane 6 in translucent form (or even Dr Hooves or Vinyl Scratch), but I wasn’t gonna pass up this opportunity. I also noticed she has the MLP logo on the bottom of her foot while Fluttershy doesn’t. Huh. Well, it’s nice that Fluttershy now has a friend to stand with, they look cute together on top of my book shelf.

Last edited Dec 06, 2013 at 07:54PM EST
Dec 06, 2013 at 07:47PM EST
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

Since I do not want to partake in ponycringeworthy thread pt. 2, I’m just gonna brag about some pony swag I got today

I got my first ever pony plushie in the form of the build-a-bear Fluttershy. I’m pretty happy about it, it stands on its own, is super soft, and looks considerably show-accurate. I also bought the gala dress because I felt that eating this week was less important. The dress is super cute on her but wing holes are frustratingly absent and so the dress bunches up weirdly on the back. Also the dress is more like a cape since it only connects around her neck, I may use my sewing expertise to put some holes in and possibly add a torso to it.

The mall I went to for build-a-bear also had a Newbury Comics, so I decided to stop there for a little window shopping. Lo and behold they had a translucent Lyra there and I snatched that shit up.

It was right in the front row of the boxes lined up. The paint job is a little rougher on this than it is on my Fluttershy figure, and I wish I could’ve gotten one of the mane 6 in translucent form (or even Dr Hooves or Vinyl Scratch), but I wasn’t gonna pass up this opportunity. I also noticed she has the MLP logo on the bottom of her foot while Fluttershy doesn’t. Huh. Well, it’s nice that Fluttershy now has a friend to stand with, they look cute together on top of my book shelf.

I don’t own any pony swag, but there is a build-a-bear at the mall near where I live, and they have some of the plushies, including the one you bought, on display. Whenever I go to the mall, I always take a peek inside, from the hallway, just to make myself feel good.

Dec 06, 2013 at 07:54PM EST
Quote

Platus wrote:

I don’t own any pony swag, but there is a build-a-bear at the mall near where I live, and they have some of the plushies, including the one you bought, on display. Whenever I go to the mall, I always take a peek inside, from the hallway, just to make myself feel good.

The people at the Build-a-bear were pretty cool about the fact that a group of college students came in for stuffed ponies. I guess it would be a common occurrence, there are a lot of college campuses in the area.

Dec 06, 2013 at 07:56PM EST
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

The people at the Build-a-bear were pretty cool about the fact that a group of college students came in for stuffed ponies. I guess it would be a common occurrence, there are a lot of college campuses in the area.

Well, you’re all certainly braver than I am. :D

Dec 06, 2013 at 08:01PM EST
Quote

I don’t buy Pony merch but I’d be lying if I said I DIDN’T want to smash into Build-A-Bear (Alpha as fuck), and buy me a Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, get them the gala dresses and just enjoy the moment. I’d walk through that store with my new Shutterfly and Rainbro with slight pride. Then they’d sit on my shelf and gather dust for the next few years until I get to the point where I lose all interest in the show and regret.

At least I’m not going to be like those guys who try to fuck them amirite? Right?

Dec 06, 2013 at 09:39PM EST
Quote

Speaking of pony swag, a friend of mine just bought be an early birthday present!

Hope I posted this correctly.

I’m quite happy of his choice, but I wonder if there is any Sweetie Belle plushie from where he bought it?

Last edited Dec 06, 2013 at 10:39PM EST
Dec 06, 2013 at 10:37PM EST
Quote

@The Pony Swag
I don’t know what you mean by pony swag (I’m presuming like T-shirts and stuff.) But two months ago, one of my classes, decided to bring in like some action figures, and just hang them on the ceiling (Having them dangled on some wire, This was just something we decided to do, because our teacher is cool with it, and it did kinda start with him and his Batman Toy) So I was thinking, “Maybe I should buy a MLP Toy then..” I never really cared about the toys, but since the vinyl figurine of Fluttershy was going around, I decided to get it, and I brought it to the room, to lighten it up compared to the other ones in it. They already knew I was a Brony, but I don’t think they thought I would buy a toy of it. Since the Vinyl Figurine was actually bigger than I thought, and It was heavier, it just sits in the highest point of the room. The only other cool toy in that room, is a Portal Turret.

I wish I had a Plushie, but No Build-a-bear around where I live, and I like the idea of supporting a person who handcrafted it, especially since they are extremely show accurate than what Hasbro makes, but the problem with that is, they are usually expensive, and I don’t have that kind of money, and its not worth actually saving up on, since its just a Plushie, and not a more valuable item that I could use, instead just have it sitting around somewhere in my room.

Dec 06, 2013 at 10:51PM EST
Quote

With all this talk of Pony Merch and a sudden influx of new posters it’s only a matter of time until DeadParrot gets here and emasculates any Pony Merch collector or any wannabe Pony Merch collectors.

There’s a reason why he’s called the Plush Master

Dec 06, 2013 at 11:54PM EST
Quote

@Pony Merch

Yea, we all look like casuals compared to DP.

I’ve got a shirt and one blindbag toy (which I didn’t even buy myself. My friend got me that for lolz).

DP on the other hand has…everything

Last edited Dec 07, 2013 at 12:35AM EST
Dec 07, 2013 at 12:33AM EST
Quote

My body has transcended all known forms of readiness.

Last edited Dec 07, 2013 at 03:22AM EST
Dec 07, 2013 at 03:10AM EST
Quote

Kewln00bs name isn't special wrote:

With all this talk of Pony Merch and a sudden influx of new posters it’s only a matter of time until DeadParrot gets here and emasculates any Pony Merch collector or any wannabe Pony Merch collectors.

There’s a reason why he’s called the Plush Master

WHO HAS SUMMONED ME TO THIS PLACE?!

I’m actually really hoping to be able to get a full-collection picture taken this weekend because it has been way to long since my last one.
Then all shall see the power of the PLUSH MASTER!


On the topic of plushies, I found another cool one.


SUPER LYRA!
The same person who made that FULL SIZE CELESTIA a while back has returned to bring everybody’s favorite human-lover into our world!


From the world of animation, Don’t Mine at Night is Finally Complete!
An epic tale of love and sacrifice!
… and cookies!

Even when charging recklessly into danger and abandoning her friends to their violent ends, SWEETIE BELLE IS JUST TOO ADORABLE!


@New episode
I’ve also avoided watching any spoiler clips, but I have stumbled upon a few still images and a handful of gifs and all I can say is ‘This episode looks like it will be awesome!’
See you guys in a few hours!
I think I’m just going to stay up and make this an all-nighter!

Last edited Dec 07, 2013 at 04:33AM EST
Dec 07, 2013 at 04:30AM EST
Quote

I actually havent even started the new season yet :/

Last edited Dec 07, 2013 at 04:42AM EST
Dec 07, 2013 at 04:42AM EST
Quote

Twilitlord wrote:

I actually havent even started the new season yet :/

Dec 07, 2013 at 09:07AM EST
Quote

Presenting: my pony shit.

And that’s an old picture. Since then, I’ve gotten an Octavia vinyl figure, comic issues 9-13, and Ribbon Wishes and Rainbow Dash blindbags. I also have another interesting thing coming for me off eBay, but you’re gonna have to wait for that one…

Dec 07, 2013 at 09:44AM EST
Quote

Well, that was the peak of awesomeness and hilarity!

By the way, prepare to see this everywhere for a while:

Dec 07, 2013 at 11:06AM EST
Quote

DeadParrot222 wrote:

Well, that was the peak of awesomeness and hilarity!

By the way, prepare to see this everywhere for a while:

Go nap for a bit, then take a trip to Derpibooru to see what the fandom cooks up. I get the feeling we’ll see a return of the dashface and a bunch of Mind = Blown images. And I’m okay with that.
Really though, go nap. I’m sure you’re tired after an all-nighter.

That was a good episode, even if it felt a little bit short. There’s only so much you can do with 22 minutes, though. It seems Daring Do’s return has summoned Exudes back to us, too. So, short or not, still a good turn out.

I’m just waiting for art to pop up now of Dash reading the book and getting to the end, only to find a note telling her she isn’t getting any royalties.c

Last edited Dec 07, 2013 at 11:30AM EST
Dec 07, 2013 at 11:20AM EST
Quote

DeadParrot222 wrote:

Well, that was the peak of awesomeness and hilarity!

By the way, prepare to see this everywhere for a while:

Oh, yeah… that face.

’Twas a great episode. Daring Do being a real pony was sorta expected, but I found it nice nonetheless.

Last edited Dec 07, 2013 at 11:25AM EST
Dec 07, 2013 at 11:23AM EST
Quote

Well……I loved that episode. Maybe it’s just because Rainbow Dash is Mai Waifu (but she just doesn’t know it yet) and I love everything she does unconditionally because I’m just a rabid Dashfag. Or just the fact that I thought it was a funny episode that kept me interested the whole way through. Either one could be the correct reason, I personally loved the references of “Hey we get it, you’re an obsessive fanboy, leave the writers alone though! They have lives outside of the show/book/movie” you know, especially after a few bronies were able to find out where some voice actors such as Nicole Oliver lived and constantly tried calling and talking to her. Then of course who could forget about the whole “You put her on such a high pedestal” comment (didn’t hear the rest because for some reason the Hub keeps blacking out for me during random moments) so I guess that must’ve been a reference as well.

Now I’m awaiting the fanfics taking place in the Daring Doo fan’s perspective reading the new book thinking this Rainbow Dash character is just a big Mary Sue or even finding out the author was really Daring Doo which also makes them think she’s just a self insert Mary Sue and threaten to leave the fandom. Also, it was great to see Rainbow Dash fangirl……then seeing Rainbow Dash and Twilight get all nerdy with the books.

Great episode, although I was a little too busy dealing with shit this week that I didn’t look up any spoilers for this episode. I thought today was Scootaloo episode…..oh well.

Dec 07, 2013 at 11:37AM EST
Quote

Crazy☾ wrote:

Go nap for a bit, then take a trip to Derpibooru to see what the fandom cooks up. I get the feeling we’ll see a return of the dashface and a bunch of Mind = Blown images. And I’m okay with that.
Really though, go nap. I’m sure you’re tired after an all-nighter.

That was a good episode, even if it felt a little bit short. There’s only so much you can do with 22 minutes, though. It seems Daring Do’s return has summoned Exudes back to us, too. So, short or not, still a good turn out.

I’m just waiting for art to pop up now of Dash reading the book and getting to the end, only to find a note telling her she isn’t getting any royalties.c

What are you talking about?
I’m fine!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

Someone captured the Dashie Dance!

Oh my god, the cute!


@Kewl
All correct.
A huge part of this episode, and likey the original idea behind it, was directed at fans, and though I definitely got the whole ‘treat the creators like people’ thing, I think they wanted to make an even cooler point.
Dash put it best: “I was focused so much on how awesome Daring Do was that I forgot how awesome I was!”
Perfectly in-character for Dash, but it also speaks to what I’ve heard a lot of the writers and VAs say about the fandom.
People always come to them heaping immense praise (not that they don’t deserve it), but often while downplaying their own accomplishments.
This fandom has a ton of artistic talent within it and this was basically saying to them ‘Hey, we appreciate all the love, but you guys are awesome, too. Don’t forget!"

And if I saw it correctly, Dash looked a heck of a lot like Short Round from Temple of Doom on that cover, so I think we know how she’ll be received by the other Daring Do fans out there!
Ha!


Dashebeetes

Now kiss…

Last edited Dec 07, 2013 at 11:54AM EST
Dec 07, 2013 at 11:42AM EST
Quote

DeadParrot222 wrote:

What are you talking about?
I’m fine!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

Someone captured the Dashie Dance!

Oh my god, the cute!


@Kewl
All correct.
A huge part of this episode, and likey the original idea behind it, was directed at fans, and though I definitely got the whole ‘treat the creators like people’ thing, I think they wanted to make an even cooler point.
Dash put it best: “I was focused so much on how awesome Daring Do was that I forgot how awesome I was!”
Perfectly in-character for Dash, but it also speaks to what I’ve heard a lot of the writers and VAs say about the fandom.
People always come to them heaping immense praise (not that they don’t deserve it), but often while downplaying their own accomplishments.
This fandom has a ton of artistic talent within it and this was basically saying to them ‘Hey, we appreciate all the love, but you guys are awesome, too. Don’t forget!"

And if I saw it correctly, Dash looked a heck of a lot like Short Round from Temple of Doom on that cover, so I think we know how she’ll be received by the other Daring Do fans out there!
Ha!


Dashebeetes

Now kiss…

This episode has given me the Dashibeetus.

Dec 07, 2013 at 11:49AM EST
Quote

Kewln00bs name isn't special wrote:

Well……I loved that episode. Maybe it’s just because Rainbow Dash is Mai Waifu (but she just doesn’t know it yet) and I love everything she does unconditionally because I’m just a rabid Dashfag. Or just the fact that I thought it was a funny episode that kept me interested the whole way through. Either one could be the correct reason, I personally loved the references of “Hey we get it, you’re an obsessive fanboy, leave the writers alone though! They have lives outside of the show/book/movie” you know, especially after a few bronies were able to find out where some voice actors such as Nicole Oliver lived and constantly tried calling and talking to her. Then of course who could forget about the whole “You put her on such a high pedestal” comment (didn’t hear the rest because for some reason the Hub keeps blacking out for me during random moments) so I guess that must’ve been a reference as well.

Now I’m awaiting the fanfics taking place in the Daring Doo fan’s perspective reading the new book thinking this Rainbow Dash character is just a big Mary Sue or even finding out the author was really Daring Doo which also makes them think she’s just a self insert Mary Sue and threaten to leave the fandom. Also, it was great to see Rainbow Dash fangirl……then seeing Rainbow Dash and Twilight get all nerdy with the books.

Great episode, although I was a little too busy dealing with shit this week that I didn’t look up any spoilers for this episode. I thought today was Scootaloo episode…..oh well.

I forgot about the Dash/Twi fangirl-off. The best part was when they were spewing facts in the middle of the forest while the other Mane 4 just looked back and forth like a tennis match. Also, this:

Hell, I got just the right tune to go along with it!

Dec 07, 2013 at 12:47PM EST
Quote

Ahem

I’m going to go to sleep since I missed the live stream of the episode, and when I wake up, I expect the episode to be linked here.

Other than that, unfortunately since I missed the episode I have little to say other than what other show I discovered in the last week.

… And it looks like I’m done here. See you when I wake up.

Dec 07, 2013 at 01:05PM EST
Quote

@ Pony Merch:
I have two shirts. One’s one of the Welovefine Vinyl Scratch shirts, and the other one’s a white polo that has Shining Armor’s cutie mark on the breast. (I also have a shirt that I had realized is basically an exact guy version of Faust’s red/gray stripe shirt, but that’s just coincidence really.)

@ Daring Don’t:

I thought it was pretty good. I did think that there might have been a better way to go about it rather than “Daring Do is actually a real pony that writes her own books.” Something like they think that everything’s real the whole episode, but at the end they found out that it’s just shooting for a Daring Do movie or something (and extra time to shoot the movie was why the next DD book got delayed.) Also, pages and pages ago, didn’t someone bring up that the comics imply that Twilight’s mom wrote DD, and not the “A.K. Yearling” persona?
Dec 07, 2013 at 01:54PM EST
Quote

I really did enjoy the new episode in a lot of ways. In particular I liked that this felt like an episode for us, telling us to enjoy their work while also being proud of our own (and also to treat creators like human beings). I think this was a perfect lesson for Dash to learn. I am a little bothered that A. K. Yearling turned out to be a real life Daring Doo. It made me feel distracted for half the episode because I kept wondering how these events could actually be happening in Equestria (unless, did the mane 6 travel out of Equestria and I didn’t notice?) without any of the princesses being aware that a threat of hundreds of years of sweltering heat was happening. I could easily forgive this, though, because seeing Dash and Twilight fangirl over everything was rewarding enough but the action scenes were pretty awesome too.

Dec 07, 2013 at 02:50PM EST
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

I really did enjoy the new episode in a lot of ways. In particular I liked that this felt like an episode for us, telling us to enjoy their work while also being proud of our own (and also to treat creators like human beings). I think this was a perfect lesson for Dash to learn. I am a little bothered that A. K. Yearling turned out to be a real life Daring Doo. It made me feel distracted for half the episode because I kept wondering how these events could actually be happening in Equestria (unless, did the mane 6 travel out of Equestria and I didn’t notice?) without any of the princesses being aware that a threat of hundreds of years of sweltering heat was happening. I could easily forgive this, though, because seeing Dash and Twilight fangirl over everything was rewarding enough but the action scenes were pretty awesome too.

does the episode actually say the Princesses are unaware of the threat? because I find it hard to believe tat the Mane 6 are the ONLY way they can respond to a crisis. Maybe A./K.Yearling is another way.

Dec 07, 2013 at 03:11PM EST
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

I really did enjoy the new episode in a lot of ways. In particular I liked that this felt like an episode for us, telling us to enjoy their work while also being proud of our own (and also to treat creators like human beings). I think this was a perfect lesson for Dash to learn. I am a little bothered that A. K. Yearling turned out to be a real life Daring Doo. It made me feel distracted for half the episode because I kept wondering how these events could actually be happening in Equestria (unless, did the mane 6 travel out of Equestria and I didn’t notice?) without any of the princesses being aware that a threat of hundreds of years of sweltering heat was happening. I could easily forgive this, though, because seeing Dash and Twilight fangirl over everything was rewarding enough but the action scenes were pretty awesome too.

At some point they said that the heat would only affect the valley that the temple is in, and there was that little bit that showed that this all happened at the outskirts of Equestria.

Hey, maybe the book series is just how Daring Doo keeps this all a secret: everyone “knows” it’s fictional, so they don’t suspect that all this stuff might actually have happened.

Dec 07, 2013 at 03:20PM EST
Quote

Platus wrote:

At some point they said that the heat would only affect the valley that the temple is in, and there was that little bit that showed that this all happened at the outskirts of Equestria.

Hey, maybe the book series is just how Daring Doo keeps this all a secret: everyone “knows” it’s fictional, so they don’t suspect that all this stuff might actually have happened.

Fair enough, this all makes a lot more sense knowing that the events of the book are contained within the valley. The valley seems pretty uninhabited, so this would make it pretty easy to keep secret.

Dec 07, 2013 at 04:37PM EST
Quote





@Crimson
I sort of understand the uneasiness of suddenly revealing that Daring Do and all her adventures are actually real, but I loved it and I think it may be partially due to the fact that this episode pulled a double-bluff on me.
Early synopses and screenshots clearly showed ‘Daring Do’ being real but the way they talked about A.K. Yearling, I was completely expecting there to be a twist to the effect that Daring Do is in fact not real and simply a self-insert character from an author who likes to write adventure stories.
I was waiting for that reveal, so when the whole thing turned out to be true, I was actually caught by surprise!
Maybe it was more of an anti-bluff than a double-bluff, but I was surprised and delighted all the same.
A real life Indiana Jones adventure in Equestria!

And yes, the fics, comics, and images spawned from this episode will be delicious.
Adding a whole new ‘world’ where crazy, thought-to-be-fictional things happen on a daily basis is such a ripe field for harvest!


Alternate ending:

This… makes a surprising amount of sense!

Dec 07, 2013 at 05:49PM EST
Quote

@ The New episode
A few things I thought about when watching: My god, Seriously, I bet all of my money that RD would make Fan Fictions about Daring Do. Second, When Twilight and Dash was talking about what might be happening now, by referencing previous adventures

It made my brain hurt trying to process what they were saying!

And Three, after the episode ended, I bet that with that package she got from her, there was a Restraining order in there too.

I really liked it, I was actually guessing what was going on, in a whole, Is this like some sort of joke being played, or are they like roleplaying it, so when she actually does write it down, It can come across the same to the reader? But since those two I said was false, its nice to know such events are actually happening in Equestria…

But that leaves me wanting one…..single….thing….. Can we read those Daring Do books too? I would like to know what’s going on……

Also Wilhelm strikes twice in this episode.

Last edited Dec 07, 2013 at 06:31PM EST
Dec 07, 2013 at 06:28PM EST
Quote

Greetings! You must login or signup first!