Forums / Discussion / General

170,947 total conversations in 5,486 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9944 posts from 165 users

Well, this episode was…..interesting. I’ve been avoiding spoilers. The only thing I knew about the episode before I watched it was the title, so I assumed that this was going to be a Rainbow Dash episode. I like Rainbow Dash and I like Rainbow Dash episodes (most of them anyway), so I’m going to like this episode, right? After seeing that the author of Daring Do is the actual Daring Do and seeing Rainbow Dash team up with her, I can say that this episode was…..pretty good. The adventure part was underwhelming and it went by pretty fast, but it was great seeing Rainbow Dash fangirling and making those facial expressions. Not as good as what I’ve so far this season (my opinion), but not bad.

Also this

Twilight’s mom is the author of Daring Do…
…the author of Daring Do is Daring Do…
…which means TWILIGHT’S MOM IS DARING DO!

Dec 07, 2013 at 06:33PM EST
Quote

Wouldn’t it be neat if they started publishing Daring Doo books as tie-ins?
They could do it like the Nancy Drew books and have them ghost-written under a mass pseudonym.
It would be pretty awesome.

Dec 07, 2013 at 06:51PM EST
Quote

Platus wrote:

Wouldn’t it be neat if they started publishing Daring Doo books as tie-ins?
They could do it like the Nancy Drew books and have them ghost-written under a mass pseudonym.
It would be pretty awesome.

TV Tropes should give you a head start.


@Twilight Velvet is Daring Do:

Dec 07, 2013 at 07:03PM EST
Quote

I don’t know, the series went quickly downhill after the previous installment:

Dec 07, 2013 at 07:20PM EST
Quote

Summary of this episode

The second one was very faint but I still managed to pick it up. I still find it funny how so many sound technicians go out of their way to use it. But considering the amount of Indiana Jones references in this episode, I guess it was warranted.

Other things confirmed:
- Everything in Daring Do is canon (obviously)
- Headcanons destroyed worldwide
- Dashface returns
- Derpface on the final book cover
- DaringDash shipping
- Comic canon disregarded

Dec 07, 2013 at 10:42PM EST
Quote

NeonWabbit wrote:

GUYS. PONIES: THE ANTHOLOGY III. LOOK.

No one fandom should have all this win.

But I’m glad that it’s us.

Dec 07, 2013 at 10:56PM EST
Quote

Holy crap, Rainbow, how on earth did you get such a damn nice house?

I mean, LOOK at that! She has lights and statues and everything…

Oh, and no, I don’t have anything else to say.
Ignore me.

Stop looking at me.
Stop it.

Dec 07, 2013 at 11:26PM EST
Quote

I was actually pretty saddened that the comic canon ended up disregarded in this episode, especially because the comic writers usually interact with the show writers to make sure their stories make sense within the canon, don’t they? Then again, this was a tiny background moment that most people don’t notice unless it is pointed out to them, so I guess it doesn’t matter all that much

@Stunt:
I assume Dash has such a nice house because she lives with her parents still. This would make sense since right now she has a job that would probably be considered a minimum wage/close to minimum wage job within this universe, seeing as weather control seems to be a job most if not all pegasi can do (and on some occasions seems to be done as volunteer work as seen in winter wrap up). Or maybe weather control actually pays really well and she does it full time. Or maybe houses are super cheap when they are made of clouds. Who knows?

I noticed that Daring Don’t was written by Dave Polsky. Nice to see an episode by him given general approval from the fandom.

And with that * sigh * I’ll go back to working on my finals projects.

Dec 07, 2013 at 11:40PM EST
Quote

@Pony Anthology 3
That was the hypest shit, I don’t think I can say anything more than that.

Dec 08, 2013 at 01:37AM EST
Quote

I officially have next to no words on the subject matter of the episode now that I’ve seen it. (Even though it didn’t show up here Like I expected it to.)

However, from a criticism perspective, dash’s constant squeeing over Daring Doo for the most part triggered my “Pause the video and calm down” reflex. Specifically because its kinda hard to take seriously. Although whether I think that’s a good thing or a bad thing I don’t know, but I do know it felt embarrassing to see Dash do that. Though in terms of cute I suppose it was the good kind of embarrassment.

I think in the end what stuck out most out of place was that I would have expected Dash to go in and pound a few tigers herself instead of waiting for Daring Doo to need help, and it felt like afterwards Twilight was Lampshading the fact Dash was acting out of character there. So there’s that.

All in all… It felt… Like it could be better. A lot better. So far the episode serves mostly as an exercise in world building. So…. Yeah.

Last edited Dec 08, 2013 at 01:53AM EST
Dec 08, 2013 at 01:49AM EST
Quote

NeonWabbit wrote:

GUYS. PONIES: THE ANTHOLOGY III. LOOK.

@New episode captions: I’m ignoring you. I spend a whole hour watching this ↑↑↑ but I’ve yet to spend 22 min watching the new episode. lol.

@Anthology III: GAWD that was SO epic! At first it was kinda meh, but then it was full blown awesome. Better than 2 imo. This needs an award. Is there any way to get this to sundance?
My face right now.↓↓↓

Dec 08, 2013 at 03:26AM EST
Quote

Hey guys! How bout some brony youtubers rant?


This is probably a good rant with good reasons why he hate them more than bitching about them and i am agree him in most of parts. What do you think?

The comments are hilarious btw.. All those butthurts.

10. jhaller2
I thought EqD and other sources are enough to know what brony vids are good. Yeah a total brony videos rant fucktard.
9. acoustic brony
Yeah.. I didn’t know about this guy. But when i check this guy, i noticed that he only adds a pony pic to his music. That totaly makes it brony related.
8. jaxblade07
I dunno. Ratchetness no. 2? I will check him later.
7. littleshyFiM
I don’t even like ponies IRL. Aannd not gonna say i love the people who does the same shit over and over again.
6. bronycomms
I dunno these guys. I will check it before comment on them. But i hate the people who does reaction videos over over over and over again… cough cough finebros cough..
5. bronyvids
Eh at least he is kinda creative. But he kinda tries too hard (which makes it cringefully funny).
Most of them are not amusing or different. Just the same thing over and over. He doesn’t even put an effort on most of his videos. Also his “HowToBasic” video is the most pathetic one. Do i even have to mention that how much i hate “howtobasic” itself?
4. bronydanceparty
uhh… I dunno nor subscribed. Just a typical brony musician it seems like.
If this guy should be on this list, he should be 10th i say.
3. yaplap
AAAAAAA I AM SCREAMING!!!!111 LOOK AT ME IAMSOFUNNY!!111ONEONE
This guy is only funny about 2 or 3 videos. The rest is just the same shit.
SCREAM SCREAM. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
2. 2007excalibur2007
This guy should be 6th or 5th. He puts an effort to make these videos at least. They aren’t good though. Just TF2 voices is given to ponies. So creative!
1. jacktheherbert
He doesn’t even honest. Ratchetness is at least honest with his opinions and reactions
(not gonna say i love ratchetness so much. he also do the same thing again and again).
This guy however, clearly acting and not even funny in a bit.
pokehidden
wait.. Is this guy even a youtuber?.. Anyways. Found it.
Stole a hotdiggedy joke? It seems like just a reference to me.
Rabies Bun
Nooo. He stealz YTPMV idea and calls it pony dub! Nouuuu!
Kinda stupid drama from a YTPer it seems. Who gives a shit if he calls pony ytpmvs “pony dub”?
About Rabies himself.. Well his stuff is actually cool. He does a good job with those voice effects and shit.
On the other hand : he is nothing more than a ytpmv maker.
itechvader
Dunno anything about him. No comment until i see.
saberspark
Just your classy brony youtuber. Nothing really interesting about it.
tiarawhy
Like.. Come on.. What did you expect from tiarawhy?
His videos are funny to watch. Unlike other bullshit brony youtubers.

Last edited Dec 08, 2013 at 07:05AM EST
Dec 08, 2013 at 06:35AM EST
Quote

@Episode
I must say that it caused the first ever straining of my disbelief. Not only because of the clashing of the fantasy genre ponies is set in with the serial adventure genre of Daring Do, but also because the episode made no effort whatsoever to place the giant rainforest outside of Equestria, leading me to believe that not only do weather ponies dump billions of gallons of water over an uninhabited jungle as opposed to the western settlements that need it, but that there’s a tropical rainforest in the Equestria equivlent to the US-Canada border.

Overall 6.3/10. They should have kept Daring Do fictional. I like the “Twilight’s mom” headcanon far more than the real Mccoy. Episode review will be done tomorrow because the Wiki decided not to post any screencaps today.

@Alex Mercer
>2007excalibur2007
>splicing’s not creative

You do realize how much of a pain in the ass splicing sound clips together to make coherent sentences is, right? I don’t really give a shit about Youtube bronies, or any website famous bronies for that matter. Although my jimmies become jostled when artists want you to buy their music. If it’s based on ponies, you shouldn’t sell it. I don’t see fanfic writers demanding money for their stories, so why should I see it from musicians? Now, of course, if it’s unrelated to ponies than be my guest, but otherwise, I’m just going to use downloadhelper.

Dec 08, 2013 at 07:17AM EST
Quote

@Alex and that brony rant

10. jhaller2

Hmm, sounds like the problem is the lack of doing stuff. But not everything needs commentary right? If his goal is to just find things and present them, does he need to do much else? I agree he should not take fame away from others though if he’s just a portal

9. acoustic brony

I can see where the guy is coming from. By slapping ponies on his music; Acoustic Brony really has run the risk of pigeonholing his work to one fandom and reducing his audience even though the content he creates isn’t specific to it. However if Acoustic Brony really wants to name his instrumentals after his best pony, that’s his right. I don’t think that makes him one of the worst.

8. jaxblade07

Yea, I’d also cringe at guys who act like being a brony is the coolest shit ever

7. littleshyFiM

I dunno, I kinda like cinema sins and related stuff. I don’t see the problem since it’s not like CinemaSins will ever care that someone is making a spinoff of them for a kids show that CinemaSins will ever cover. And of course litteshy will do a lot of it because there’s sins in every episode. I kinda read this as “Stop making content I don’t like!!!”.

6. bronycomms

Yea they sound pretty boring.

5. bronyvids

Someones ponifying shit again! Call the police! I hope this guys argument goes deeper than that

4. bronydanceparty

Meh, using ponycreator is bad, but not unforgivable if he’s stopped using it. Doesn’t seem that bad.

3. yaplap

Here I agree fully. I don’t understand this Yaplap guy. Who the hell enjoys listening to wretched SCREAMING!? When we used to have synctube parties and watched ponyvids, every time someone sync a yaplap video I would leave immediately. I hated that irritating crap. I would have made him no.1

2. 2007excalibur2007

I sense a bit of bias here so I’m not sure how bad this guy really is. Then again, I take plagiarism pretty seriously, so if 2007 has been doing that, then he does deserve to be there without question

1. jacktheherbert

Dunno. I know a lot of people who really do enjoy watching how other people react to stuff. Especially after they’ve seen it themselves and can compare reactions. Sounds like another case of “Stop making content I don’t like!!!”. Also reminds me of pewdiepie for some reason

Dec 08, 2013 at 07:18AM EST
Quote

@Top 10 Worst: I think this guy is just a little butthurt. I mean yeah I agree some of these guys suck, but so much so you have to go out and create a video about it? I mean, yeah I could agree the quality of some of these you tubers is bad, but he has no idea what he is talking about half the time. Half of his jabs are at the YTers are personal preferences and not actual critiques of their content though. Of course he does state in the description that the video is a personal opinion, but it seems a little too personal if you ask me. Still…

My break down on his break down:

10. “The whole community only sees Jhaler as a tool…”
Really? Because I’m pretty sure he’s actually contributing some actual work and quality into his videos. It takes a lot to actually organize a list of candidates, gather a voting pool, put together a final video and publish it in an aesthetically pleasing manner. And I’m not saying Ryan Seacrest isn’t a tool, but he’s pretty much the Ryan Seacrest of the community. He’s the Twilight Sparkle that gets the videos organised and together.

9. I never really did like Acoustic Brony, but I have no problem with him trying to make a buck off of the music he produces. And who ever said he wanted a record deal? He makes it like he’s trying to go mainstream, when Acoustic probably doesn’t even care about that. (although he might dream.) Still, this is mostly a jab at Acoustic and not his music. When he does talk about his music he says:
“He made original songs then slapped a pony image on them claiming they were a theme song for the main six…”
Cannon, yes. The songs are not relevant to the main six in any way.
Fannon, no. Music is music and can be interpreted any way one wishes, but when the artist slaps a title on it and calls it “inspired by” you can’t just say it’s not related to what inspired the music. You have to at least try to imagine it. I played pieces in band called “The red balloon” “Jasmine” “Ruby” etc. You think each of the pieces I played looked like a balloon or a ruby? No, it’s a means to convey an idea.
“Nobody wants to hire anyone who makes content based on already existing content.”
Is that not what edm samplers do? All of those Elvis impersonators do? Any company who ever remade a movie or a cover of a song does?

8. I have no idea who this YTer even is. His leading argument is:
“I honestly don’t think this guy is a brony because he likes the show.”

I don’t even want to go there.

7. I personally love the cinema sins PARODY but…
“It got more feedback than any of his other videos, and what does this fuck do? Continue doing only cinema sins inspired videos.”
Yea, because it got MORE positive feedback than any of his other videos. People liked it so he did more. And the clip he shows of his YouTube page shows that only 4 out of 5 videos are pony sins related. So it’s a bit of a stretch that he ONLY does pony sins videos anymore. Sounds like he’s butthurt because the guy isn’t doing something he likes.

6. I’m going to save this for number one because they’re both the same thing.

5. I don’t even know what to say.
“This brony is the perfect example of a brony who thinks there needs to be a pony version of everything.”
And that’s bad why? He obviously doesn’t internet enough. There also exist a porn version of everything as well my friend.
“He steals ideas from other existing videos to simply make a pony version, and sometimes they get more views than the original.”
Wait. He’s making a Top 10 pony video right here. Is he even listening to himself??? This video is based off of existing top 10 worst videos and changing it to be about pony YTers.

4. Why am I even commenting on this guy?
“This fucker to me is the ‘YouTube celebrity that puts little effort into their content.’ of the Brony community.”
Seriously? Do you even Flash bro? Because it’s hard as buck and this guy started out with basic animation skills and got way better. Not everyone has time to create their own flash puppets, create backgrounds, keyframe the animation, and then sync it to the music. He even admits his videos got better with time, because he was learning and actually becoming skilled at the shit. You can’t really judge the guy by his first videos because:
A) He was a n00b at the shit.
and
B) He was one of the First in the community actually trying their hand at Flash animations. We didn’t have Janimations for like a year after BDP’s videos came out.

3. Yaplap
I agree that his videos are all the same now and that the joke is kinda worn out now, but still. You can’t blame the guy for continuing doing the thing he became famous for. He’s beating a dead horse and if you don’t like it then move on…like I am doing because I have noting more to say about Yaplap.

2. 2007Excaliber2007
This one is completely a butthurt rant and is on the list mainly because of personal bias. He pretty much says just as much in the video himself. I pretty much think Ibringdalulz or tombstone earns the same position on this vid as excaliber does.

1. I have never seen one of JackTHerbert’s vids, but seriously. He made a jab at #6 BronyComms, which produces the same type of video commentary videos as this guy, so why the gap? In fact why not include the 1000 other brony react videos out there. It’s all the same and people do it because they like to see their face on YouTube. (I’m guessing that’s the reason why.) It’s pretty much a ponyfied version of people who think they’re as funny as PewDiePie (who I don’t think is that funny). And isn’t his video basically just a reaction video to their videos? Hypocritical much?

Lastly, here’s a comment he made on the video:

“The only bronies remaining are morons that are defending popular bronies that only see them as a subscriber, and nothing else.”

Hur dur. I hate you, so I’m posting this long ass post about your video. Hurrr.

How can you say “I’m not trying to troll.” and then post something like that?

I don’t know why I typed all that up. His video didn’t deserve that much of a reaction, but I almost feel like creating a reaction video to his video. lol.

Edit: This is the advice I should’ve followed.

Last edited Dec 08, 2013 at 08:29AM EST
Dec 08, 2013 at 08:13AM EST
Quote

I don’t know why I typed all that up

Because somebody had to be the voice of reason and I couldn’t be bothered picking apart the video in complete detail myself.

Dec 08, 2013 at 08:39AM EST
Quote

@New episode

Best pony turning the cute up to 11. Eat your heart out Fluttershy.

@Daring Do & Twilight’s mom both being the writers

A ghostwriter is a writer who writes books, articles, stories, reports, or other texts that are officially credited to another person. Celebrities, executives, and political leaders often hire ghostwriters to draft or edit autobiographies, magazine articles, or other written material. In music, ghostwriters are often used for writing songs and lyrics. Screenplay authors can also use ghost writers to either edit or rewrite their scripts in order to improve them, increasing their chances to be optioned or produced. Also, ghost writers may work on accompanying documents, such as treatments for screenplays.

Daring has the adventures and writes them down in a journal. Twilight’s mom polishes them and makes them not suck (and takes out all the gratuitous sex to make it PG)

Contradiction resolved.

@Dash’s nice house

Well you know, Scootaloo isn’t COMPLETELY useless…

She’s really good at sucking! (u mad Deadparrot?)

In other news, it looks like the project Exudes and I have been working on for the better part of the year will FINALLY be finished today! I hope you guys will enjoy it.

Last edited Dec 08, 2013 at 11:31AM EST
Dec 08, 2013 at 11:30AM EST
Quote

@Worst Brony Youtubers. My time in this fandom has been very limited since the end of 2011 (that was during my OMG I AM FUCKING OBSESSED WITH THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! phase) so I haven’t been on top of the whole Brony Youtube channels thing. Except for a few like DustyKatt, Jaxblade and a few of those other guys (Don’t know if Kyrospawn counts….). Although, I personally like this quote.

How did people find these videos entertaining? Oh that’s right, it’s MLP related and bronies fucking love everything that is.

Couldn’t agree more with that honestly. I mean, who can disagree with that?

Sixths said

She’s really good at sucking! (u mad Deadparrot?)


I don’t know about you, but I’m slightly irked by that.

Dec 08, 2013 at 12:23PM EST
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

I was actually pretty saddened that the comic canon ended up disregarded in this episode, especially because the comic writers usually interact with the show writers to make sure their stories make sense within the canon, don’t they? Then again, this was a tiny background moment that most people don’t notice unless it is pointed out to them, so I guess it doesn’t matter all that much

@Stunt:
I assume Dash has such a nice house because she lives with her parents still. This would make sense since right now she has a job that would probably be considered a minimum wage/close to minimum wage job within this universe, seeing as weather control seems to be a job most if not all pegasi can do (and on some occasions seems to be done as volunteer work as seen in winter wrap up). Or maybe weather control actually pays really well and she does it full time. Or maybe houses are super cheap when they are made of clouds. Who knows?

I noticed that Daring Don’t was written by Dave Polsky. Nice to see an episode by him given general approval from the fandom.

And with that * sigh * I’ll go back to working on my finals projects.


One guy on tumblr brought up the thought that maybe Twilight Velvet wasn’t necessarily the author of DD, but maybe that the award she won had to relate to it. Perhaps Velvet didn’t write DD itself, but she just won an award from something like “The Daring Do Award for Excellent Writing” or something. Then again if that’s the case, since we learned in the episode that Daring Do is a real character who writes her own books, I can’t see if she’d have time to keep up an annual writing competition in addition to being, well, …Daring Do. (Then again, she might’ve given permission for the competition to someone else under the guise of A.K. Yearling.)

Dec 08, 2013 at 02:02PM EST
Quote

I thought it was another great episode! Really liked the character J.K Rowling- I mean A.K. Yearling.. I liked that she turned out to be the real Daring Do since it means that character now exists in that universe. Celestia has said that the Elements of Harmony are Equestria’s strongest defense, she never said they were it’s only defense. The whole Twilight’s mum not writing Daring Do in the episode doesn’t really bother me as far as I’m concerned the canon of the TV show always outweighs the canon of the comics, for some reason in my headcanon Twilight’s mum is an alcoholic.. There was a reason behind that but I can’t remember what it was anymore – besides Twilight’s mum can still be a writer… Maybe she wrote a fan-fiction to the Daring Do series of a more mature nature called “50 Shades of Hay”.
Also I came across this image that made me squeal a bit..

“Have I mentioned yet that I work alone?”
“Have I mentioned that you’re lucky that I don’t?”

Dec 08, 2013 at 05:11PM EST
Quote

Seriously, if you guys haven’t watched Anthology III you’re missing out on epic punz/lulz.
↓New canon for season 3 right here.↓

Last edited Dec 08, 2013 at 05:41PM EST
Dec 08, 2013 at 05:39PM EST
Quote

Objectively, this was another quality episode. Hasbro is bringing their A-game this season.

Personally, though, I didn’t like it.

I’m biased, though. I don’t tend to enjoy Rainbow Dash episodes, because I’m not a fan of Rainbow Dash.

Or Daring Do, for that matter. I didn’t really like the last Daring Do episode, either.

But, yeah, opinions aside, it was a quality episode.

Dec 08, 2013 at 06:55PM EST

BalisticDerr said:

One guy on tumblr brought up the thought that maybe Twilight Velvet wasn’t necessarily the author of DD, but maybe that the award she won had to relate to it. Perhaps Velvet didn’t write DD itself, but she just won an award from something like “The Daring Do Award for Excellent Writing” or something. Then again if that’s the case, since we learned in the episode that Daring Do is a real character who writes her own books, I can’t see if she’d have time to keep up an annual writing competition in addition to being, well, …Daring Do. (Then again, she might’ve given permission for the competition to someone else under the guise of A.K. Yearling.)

I think Price just screwed up when he drew that. It’s very seldom you can imply something so thoroughly that everybody (/mlp/, EQD, TV Tropes, etc) believes it. Now, handwaving and headcanon have to explain it away when he could have avoided all that by simply not using Daring Do. He knew Twilight Velvet wasn’t the author since they have the S4 scripts, so I’m just baffled as to why he’d do that.

It doesn’t make sense that it’s a literary award. Awards are named after people (Pulitzer, Nobel, Newbery, etc), or nouns (Nebula, etc), not book series’ (there’s not a Harry Potter Award, or a Lord of the Rings Award). She could be a ghostwriter, but if she ghostwrote it, she wouldn’t have gotten an award--Yearling would have.

The only guess I can think of is that Daring Do has a huge Expanded Universe, bigger than Star Wars’, and the “Daring Do Award” is one given by the fandom to the best EU book writer.

Last edited Dec 08, 2013 at 07:48PM EST
Dec 08, 2013 at 07:47PM EST
Quote

On the topic of Daring Do, and if this hasn’t been mentioned already (if it has, smite me down and throw me into a bowl of boiling snakes), let’s talk about this mishap:

Your turn. Post smears and effects that did not go as planned.

Dec 09, 2013 at 01:18AM EST
Quote

@smear: I just ran across this:

The caption underneath:
“I bet you 5 bits this has been redrawn to look like a horse cock.”
…well, at least that explains the “third leg.”

Last edited Dec 09, 2013 at 01:49AM EST
Dec 09, 2013 at 01:48AM EST
Quote

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

On the topic of Daring Do, and if this hasn’t been mentioned already (if it has, smite me down and throw me into a bowl of boiling snakes), let’s talk about this mishap:

Your turn. Post smears and effects that did not go as planned.

Is that an animation error, or are you just happy to see me?

“Thanks for coming, I’ll be here all week, try the veal, be sure to tip the waitress!”

Dec 09, 2013 at 01:55AM EST
Quote

You know, when I first saw that I didn’t think it was an animation error. I just missed that one leg and just assumed that everyone went “Tee hee hee, look at her! She’s kicking and it looks like a dick!” then I noticed they drew three legs and now I realize everyone is going “Tee hee hee, look at her! She has a dick!”

Dec 09, 2013 at 02:04AM EST
Quote

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

On the topic of Daring Do, and if this hasn’t been mentioned already (if it has, smite me down and throw me into a bowl of boiling snakes), let’s talk about this mishap:

Your turn. Post smears and effects that did not go as planned.

Guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise guise!

. . . . . . .

Penises exist.

You can all go home now.

Dec 09, 2013 at 02:10AM EST
Quote

@Fifths


@Twilight’s Mom/Comic Canon
Yes, this is a clear case of the comic contradicting canon, but I think it might be understandable.
I saw a few interviews with the comic people and, if I recall correctly, they aren’t actually given the scripts for the new season.
The way I heard it was that they essentially pitch a bunch of ideas for scripts that they want to try and Hasbro tells them whether they can do them or not.
In other words, they only know that an episode will be specifically about some subject if they happen to ask about doing a similar story.
They have no prior knowledge.
Even after initial approval, I’m pretty sure Hasbro’s only really paying attention to potential contradictions in the script/story/lesson itself.
The Daring Do award thingy was obviously a little gag that Andy decided to throw into the background to fill out the scene so it wouldn’t have likely appeared in anything other than the final product.
Now, obviously Hasbro must have looked it over before sending it to print, but at that point, I’m sure they were down to just looking for glaring errors, not tiny details like this.
It slipped through the net.

But that’s part of the fun of this fandom.
Subtle or blatant contradictions of logic lead to some crazy jury-rigging of circumstances where these seemingly incongruous elements actually make perfect sense.
It’s a fun exercise!


@Trading cards

Well, look at that.
Wild Fire likes to draw just like her mommy!


This is just perfect:

Dec 09, 2013 at 03:22AM EST
Quote

@Daring’s Fifth Leg
From what I heard, it’s not an animation error, but a “transition” frame of Daring Do moving from the standing position to the kicking one.

DeadParrot222

I saw a few interviews with the comic people and, if I recall correctly, they aren’t actually given the scripts for the new season.

Really? Because I distinctly remember one of the IDW editors saying they had the scripts when the Twilicorn Comic Jimmy Rustling occurred.

I also read through one of my favorite /mlp/ threads today. It started as a troll episode five leak thread, then turned into that “Kirby Crossover” leak that’s already been debunked but just won’t die, then finally got awesome when /mlp/ attempted to brute force Hubworld to get the leak.

By that I mean they know what the rough URL of episode five is. The problem is that the URL contains randomly generated numbers (ten of them to be precise). If you know can guess what those ten numbers are, you get to watch the Scootaloo Feels Episode. Originally, they thought they had six of them figured out based on a screenshot that had a similar URL and so started brute forcing the other four. Unfortunately, it turns out that wasn’t the case and there was still ten numbers. Statistically, that’s ten billion possible combinations--unpractical for brute forcing. Still, they have hope that Hasbro uses some kind of “pattern” that can be figured out.

Last edited Dec 09, 2013 at 05:41AM EST
Dec 09, 2013 at 05:39AM EST
Quote

@Dis pic

Now THIS is something I can get behind. Feel free to punch me for saying that.


@Dat pic

At first I thought the leg from the previous frame was supposed to be the phallic one. I spent ages trying to force my perspective before giving up, then I assumed you were all just crazy, then I figured it out, then I remembered I was still right. Every day’s a school day.


@Everywhere a pic pic
(I don’t want to overload this post with more than 4 untagged images, so I’ll just say that I’m talking about The Stanley Parable pic).

Ah, yes, The Stanley Parable! A game of crazy lines, solve-the-soupcan puzzles and eternal entrapment in a serious room with the most serious table that can be found.



@Extisgex
I’m sure there must be passcode cracking software that can just run the numbers for a while… though by the time you set it up to search URLs, run it and find the valid one, it may already be time for the episode to air.
BUT IT’S WORTH IT FOR THE SCOOTALOVE!


The post below gets a kiss from Derpy! If this is the last post on the page, we are all doomed to 10.000 years of muffin-based pain and suffering! HOORAY!

Last edited Dec 09, 2013 at 06:22AM EST
Dec 09, 2013 at 06:19AM EST
Quote

^Claiming the kiss


@Episode
I liked it, season 4 seems to be strong so far. Can’t really say anything about it that hasn’t been said already, but I enjoyed watching it.


@The Anthology III
It was the first one I’ve seen, but it had a lot of great stuff. Maybe a bit too much of the ‘thanks M.A. Larson’ stuff, though the M. Air. Larson one was pretty clever IMO.


Cute pone

I’ve seen this one before in the gallery, but who can get angry at those faces?

Dec 09, 2013 at 06:30AM EST
Quote

@xTSGx and the brute /mlp/ force:

Assume 10 billion possible combinations, five day limit, one automated guess per second, distributed brute force guessing would require at least 23,149 willing participants running computers non-stop to ensure success before airtime. Even distributed, non-stop stream of guesses will place perpetrators in sharp relief against backdrop of ordinary requests. Obfuscation of activity would require even more participants, a factor of 10 or more. Suggestion: quit while ahead. Patience is a virtue.

Interruption complete.
Resume joyous frivolity.

Dec 09, 2013 at 11:25AM EST
Quote

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

On the topic of Daring Do, and if this hasn’t been mentioned already (if it has, smite me down and throw me into a bowl of boiling snakes), let’s talk about this mishap:

Your turn. Post smears and effects that did not go as planned.

>Misshapen penis that kind of looks like a really long back leg

Dec 09, 2013 at 03:52PM EST
Quote

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

On the topic of Daring Do, and if this hasn’t been mentioned already (if it has, smite me down and throw me into a bowl of boiling snakes), let’s talk about this mishap:

Your turn. Post smears and effects that did not go as planned.

I like the part where it’s fake.


Click image to go to action sequence.

It’s an edited frame, and it’s noticable once you take a look at it. Her right leg is too far off of the main body, and the way she is turned means there was never any reason for an animator to add that leg there. As for it being a “transition frame”, the only motion in this segment is that single vector moving through the air – there is no body motion whatsoever.

It’s an edit, and not even that good of one.


Now that I’ve officially become the party pooper for this conversation, allow me to take my leave.

Last edited Dec 09, 2013 at 04:59PM EST
Dec 09, 2013 at 04:54PM EST

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

On the topic of Daring Do, and if this hasn’t been mentioned already (if it has, smite me down and throw me into a bowl of boiling snakes), let’s talk about this mishap:

Your turn. Post smears and effects that did not go as planned.

Well, if you insist…..

Dec 09, 2013 at 05:13PM EST
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Well, if you insist…..

So BSoD is a giant or he just likes Little Ponies? I’m sure that wasn’t your intention but now this picture raises so many questions. How is BSoD that large? Was he born that way? Was it a curse put on him? Is it a super power? TELL ME YOUR SECRETS BLUE SCREEN!

Twilicepter will never die!

Last edited Dec 09, 2013 at 06:28PM EST
Dec 09, 2013 at 06:27PM EST
Quote

Kewln00b? wrote:

So BSoD is a giant or he just likes Little Ponies? I’m sure that wasn’t your intention but now this picture raises so many questions. How is BSoD that large? Was he born that way? Was it a curse put on him? Is it a super power? TELL ME YOUR SECRETS BLUE SCREEN!

Twilicepter will never die!

>firmly grasp it

Wink wink nudge nudge.

Last edited Dec 09, 2013 at 07:24PM EST
Dec 09, 2013 at 07:22PM EST
Quote

So, anyone else excited about The Hobbit coming out this Friday? It’s not everyday that you get to see the enchanted kingdom of Elves and Dwarves (unless you’re BSoD or Stunthead)

Obligatory pony

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:13AM EST
Quote

Fifths wrote:

So, anyone else excited about The Hobbit coming out this Friday? It’s not everyday that you get to see the enchanted kingdom of Elves and Dwarves (unless you’re BSoD or Stunthead)

Obligatory pony

The Hobbit comes out this Friday?

I literally had no idea until just now.

Too much EXACTLY ENOUGH time spent with pone.

I’d better find time to go to that.

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:45AM EST
Quote

Fifths said:

So, anyone else excited about The Hobbit coming out this Friday?

Not really, I’ve never been a “high fantasy” fan.

Dec 10, 2013 at 06:08AM EST
Quote

@Kewlnoob

So BSoD is a giant or he just likes Little Ponies? I’m sure that wasn’t your intention but now this picture raises so many questions. How is BSoD that large? Was he born that way? Was it a curse put on him? Is it a super power? TELL ME YOUR SECRETS BLUE SCREEN!

I don’t know! I just happen to randomly find myself sucking things and I don’t remember how I get there.

And I’m normal sized. Daring Do is also normal sized. But she’s behind me, in the background kicking an unrelated object off camera. And I’m in the foreground sucking on air.


@Hobbit

I already saw the Hobbit when I looked in the mirror this morning DOHOHOHO (I like this national stereotype much better than the last one.)

But seriously, I definitely will be going to see this movie. Absolutely without question.

I’ve already read the book, and all nerds are obligated to know LOTR lore under the nerd code of honor, so I have to do it.

Since it’s a geek thing. It’s no surprise that that fandom is following The Hobbit closely as well.

Ponifications inbound

Last edited Dec 10, 2013 at 09:06AM EST
Dec 10, 2013 at 08:59AM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!