@Top 10 Worst: I think this guy is just a little butthurt. I mean yeah I agree some of these guys suck, but so much so you have to go out and create a video about it? I mean, yeah I could agree the quality of some of these you tubers is bad, but he has no idea what he is talking about half the time. Half of his jabs are at the YTers are personal preferences and not actual critiques of their content though. Of course he does state in the description that the video is a personal opinion, but it seems a little too personal if you ask me. Still…
My break down on his break down:
10. “The whole community only sees Jhaler as a tool…”
Really? Because I’m pretty sure he’s actually contributing some actual work and quality into his videos. It takes a lot to actually organize a list of candidates, gather a voting pool, put together a final video and publish it in an aesthetically pleasing manner. And I’m not saying Ryan Seacrest isn’t a tool, but he’s pretty much the Ryan Seacrest of the community. He’s the Twilight Sparkle that gets the videos organised and together.
9. I never really did like Acoustic Brony, but I have no problem with him trying to make a buck off of the music he produces. And who ever said he wanted a record deal? He makes it like he’s trying to go mainstream, when Acoustic probably doesn’t even care about that. (although he might dream.) Still, this is mostly a jab at Acoustic and not his music. When he does talk about his music he says:
“He made original songs then slapped a pony image on them claiming they were a theme song for the main six…”
Cannon, yes. The songs are not relevant to the main six in any way.
Fannon, no. Music is music and can be interpreted any way one wishes, but when the artist slaps a title on it and calls it “inspired by” you can’t just say it’s not related to what inspired the music. You have to at least try to imagine it. I played pieces in band called “The red balloon” “Jasmine” “Ruby” etc. You think each of the pieces I played looked like a balloon or a ruby? No, it’s a means to convey an idea.
“Nobody wants to hire anyone who makes content based on already existing content.”
Is that not what edm samplers do? All of those Elvis impersonators do? Any company who ever remade a movie or a cover of a song does?
8. I have no idea who this YTer even is. His leading argument is:
“I honestly don’t think this guy is a brony because he likes the show.”
I don’t even want to go there.
7. I personally love the cinema sins PARODY but…
“It got more feedback than any of his other videos, and what does this fuck do? Continue doing only cinema sins inspired videos.”
Yea, because it got MORE positive feedback than any of his other videos. People liked it so he did more. And the clip he shows of his YouTube page shows that only 4 out of 5 videos are pony sins related. So it’s a bit of a stretch that he ONLY does pony sins videos anymore. Sounds like he’s butthurt because the guy isn’t doing something he likes.
6. I’m going to save this for number one because they’re both the same thing.
5. I don’t even know what to say.
“This brony is the perfect example of a brony who thinks there needs to be a pony version of everything.”
And that’s bad why? He obviously doesn’t internet enough. There also exist a porn version of everything as well my friend.
“He steals ideas from other existing videos to simply make a pony version, and sometimes they get more views than the original.”
Wait. He’s making a Top 10 pony video right here. Is he even listening to himself??? This video is based off of existing top 10 worst videos and changing it to be about pony YTers.
4. Why am I even commenting on this guy?
“This fucker to me is the ‘YouTube celebrity that puts little effort into their content.’ of the Brony community.”
Seriously? Do you even Flash bro? Because it’s hard as buck and this guy started out with basic animation skills and got way better. Not everyone has time to create their own flash puppets, create backgrounds, keyframe the animation, and then sync it to the music. He even admits his videos got better with time, because he was learning and actually becoming skilled at the shit. You can’t really judge the guy by his first videos because:
A) He was a n00b at the shit.
B) He was one of the First in the community actually trying their hand at Flash animations. We didn’t have Janimations for like a year after BDP’s videos came out.
I agree that his videos are all the same now and that the joke is kinda worn out now, but still. You can’t blame the guy for continuing doing the thing he became famous for. He’s beating a dead horse and if you don’t like it then move on…like I am doing because I have noting more to say about Yaplap.
This one is completely a butthurt rant and is on the list mainly because of personal bias. He pretty much says just as much in the video himself. I pretty much think Ibringdalulz or tombstone earns the same position on this vid as excaliber does.
1. I have never seen one of JackTHerbert’s vids, but seriously. He made a jab at #6 BronyComms, which produces the same type of video commentary videos as this guy, so why the gap? In fact why not include the 1000 other brony react videos out there. It’s all the same and people do it because they like to see their face on YouTube. (I’m guessing that’s the reason why.) It’s pretty much a ponyfied version of people who think they’re as funny as PewDiePie (who I don’t think is that funny). And isn’t his video basically just a reaction video to their videos? Hypocritical much?
Lastly, here’s a comment he made on the video:
“The only bronies remaining are morons that are defending popular bronies that only see them as a subscriber, and nothing else.”
Hur dur. I hate you, so I’m posting this long ass post about your video. Hurrr.
How can you say “I’m not trying to troll.” and then post something like that?
I don’t know why I typed all that up. His video didn’t deserve that much of a reaction, but I almost feel like creating a reaction video to his video. lol.
Edit: This is the advice I should’ve followed.