Forums / Discussion / General

171,345 total conversations in 5,617 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9943 posts from 165 users

I never really understood the hate of any of the writers (Merriwether and Polsky in particular) because I find all the episodes good enough quality to have a passing grade in my book. The only episode I really thought was a failure was Spike at your Service and even then there were so many parts of that episode I loved. Not to mention Wonderbolt Academy is one of my favorite episodes and Hearth’s Warming Eve is an episode that left a considerable mark on this fandom. Each writer has their own unique style and I think that’s a fantastic thing, it’s ridiculous to me that people think writers should be fired because a small group of fans (most of them probably bandwagon hoppers) don’t like them.

Dec 18, 2013 at 08:26AM EST
Quote

@BSoD Well, Randomman now has a tag on Derpibooru. You’ve made it Randomman, you’ve made it you glorious bunny you. Unless you’re the one who posted it, in that case that’s pretty weak dood….very weak. Granted, you’re also in a picture labeled “Barely Pony related” so take that as you want.

@Merriwether’s WELL DESERVED hate. Before you say anything, that topic is a joke. My only problem with Merriwether is the fact that well, I never cared for how she’s written for the characters. She handled Rainbow Dash well in Mare Do Well considering….that’s mostly how Rainbow Dash would act. But the rest of the Mane 6 are so out of character it makes them look like the biggest bitches in the world “We don’t like the fact that our friend is getting a little too egotistical with the fact that she’s kind of a hero in town. Let’s all make our own hero, completely humiliate her and make her practically irrelevant despite the fact that she’s saved several innocent ponies recently then brag about how great we are to the point where it drives her to the point of depression! That’ll sure teach her a lesson that’s for sure.” Or how in Hearts and Hooves day where just for a slight scene where Fluttershy is too nervous to go on stage and Rarity (the one who knows first hand about Fluttershy’s stage fright or anyfright and even talks about how she’s put on more fashion shows so she knows a thing or two about stagefright) is just like “Don’t be afraid of going out there Fluttershy, there’s only going to be over 9000 ponies out there judging your performance!”

That’s my big problem with Merriwether, she’ll get some characters right while others just seem….wrong (See Spike in the first half of Spike at Your Service where he’s the most uncoordinated being in all of Equestria for 11 minutes before he’s suddenly able to build a 5 story tall rock tower somehow). She’s been doing alright with episodes such as Wonderbolts Academy even though I didn’t care for how Pinkie Pie was handled in that episode. But IMO when it comes to writers on this show I think she may or may not be the weakest link. I say that because we haven’t seen if these new writers Are……………Sunglasses One trick ponies.

Dec 18, 2013 at 09:40AM EST
Quote

(Quotes from last page)

Oh, yeah? This week, I’ve already pulled a Nollie 360 Hardflip on my skateboard, and I’ve practiced singing a few Tool songs! What are you doing?

Trying to relax, playing XCOM: Enemy Within and trying to write some stories (one of which is semi Pony-related, though I don’t plan on posting that one publicly).

Check your PM.
If anyone else was wondering, PM me also

I might fire one off too, as I’m kinda curious.

@KYM on Derpibooru: Always kinda odd when that happens. On another note, I’m amused by the “not safe” tag. Clicking on it I found the standalone picture of the Goat Scepter and this little gem:

Dec 18, 2013 at 09:49AM EST
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

I don’t know whether to feel disturbed or aroused.

I kind of feel both.

Dec 18, 2013 at 02:14PM EST
Quote

^@video: lol. what did I just watch. Also I’m pretty sure there are like 3 “YOLO” posters in the background. lol.

@KYM leaking: Didn’t we just call the plumber last month? Knew we shouldn’t have trusted him just because he had a big wrench.

Also: T’was the night before Pinkie…
“I HATE ANGEL BUNNY!”

Last edited Dec 18, 2013 at 05:06PM EST
Dec 18, 2013 at 05:00PM EST
Quote

The Cute Master was all like:

^@video: lol. what did I just watch. Also I’m pretty sure there are like 3 “YOLO” posters in the background. lol.

You can go ahead and blame Yuke’s for those.

Dec 18, 2013 at 06:21PM EST
Quote

Alex Mercer wrote:

Okay seriously.. Wtf

I always like making new friends.

And as Jimmy Lethal posted in the comments . . . four months ago:

Gladly. We could always use more in the great KYM Pony General orgy.
Dec 18, 2013 at 08:56PM EST
Quote

Lol @ Those Derpibooru guys. One Pony website thinking their pony website and their members are more superior than another pony website and their pony website members. How pathetic, we all know WE’RE the superior ones right? Right?

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:02PM EST
Quote

Kewln00b The Manchild wrote:

Lol @ Those Derpibooru guys. One Pony website thinking their pony website and their members are more superior than another pony website and their pony website members. How pathetic, we all know WE’RE the superior ones right? Right?

You’re damn right we are!

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:21PM EST
Quote

Oh Gray Hoof, leaking our in-jokes again? Wait… Who’s Gray Hoof again?

You can quit the act. We all know.


@Kewl

Unless you’re the one who posted it, in that case that’s pretty weak dood….very weak

No of course it wasn’t me. Guy above ^ pulls this shit.

I’d rather our KYM stuff stays here. That’s why I got annoyed and slightly embarrassed when my OC appeared on derpibooru and people started screaming “BACK! BACK TO HELL WHERE YOU CAME FROM KYM SCUM!!!”…ugh, some of the guys on Derpibooru need to reel it in.

Dec 18, 2013 at 11:21PM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Oh Gray Hoof, leaking our in-jokes again? Wait… Who’s Gray Hoof again?

You can quit the act. We all know.


@Kewl

Unless you’re the one who posted it, in that case that’s pretty weak dood….very weak

No of course it wasn’t me. Guy above ^ pulls this shit.

I’d rather our KYM stuff stays here. That’s why I got annoyed and slightly embarrassed when my OC appeared on derpibooru and people started screaming “BACK! BACK TO HELL WHERE YOU CAME FROM KYM SCUM!!!”…ugh, some of the guys on Derpibooru need to reel it in.

They’re called inside jokes for a reason. Don’t think everyone on /mlp/ would get the whole “Why does everyone want to rape Blue Screen of Death.” thing we have here.

Dec 19, 2013 at 12:21AM EST
Quote

Kewln00b The Manchild wrote:

They’re called inside jokes for a reason. Don’t think everyone on /mlp/ would get the whole “Why does everyone want to rape Blue Screen of Death.” thing we have here.

Wait…are you implying that the mass display of homoerotic feelings we’ve been displaying for BSoD has been a…QUITE OBVIOUSLY FARCICAL AND TOTALLY NOT SERIOUS RUNNING JOKE! BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY THAT’S WHAT IT IS!

Ha ha….ha….

Dec 19, 2013 at 02:45AM EST
Quote

Back to butterflies:


So, about this upcoming episode,

Ponies getting an actual ‘Fantasy Violence’ tag?
Considering the reputation of MLPs past and the early ratings for this incarnation, earning this is pretty funny.
It’s not like FIM has been non-violent or anything.
The changeling battle springs to mind immediately, and don’t forget Rarity straight up kicking that manticore in the face on the second episode ever.
Even last week’s episode with Daring Do involved a fair amount of kicking.

I’m really curious to see what could have pushed this new one over the edge into needing to have its violence specifically noted.

This is gonna be fun..


With the new season upon us, I must admit that the comics have fallen a bit under my radar recently, but no more!
We have both the completion of the Pirate Arc as well as Princess Luna’s very own Micro Comic!
Here’s the link to read them online, but as always, try to support the official release if you can by buying a copy!

COMICS!

As a bit of a spoiler-free review, both issues are great, but the Luna Micro…
Yeah, it may very well be my favorite comic to date!
Katie Cook and Andy Price have the perfect voice for Luna’s character down to a T and everything about her is hilarious and amazing!
If you do nothing else, do not pass that one up!


And in regard to future comics:

From the author: “Discord is a big favorite of mine and while we’ve seen quite a bit of his interaction with the Mane 6, I wanted to pair him up with someone who is a force for chaos in their own way as well. And as I know first hand, children are little tiny gods of chaos.”

Oh, this is going to be interesting…

Dec 19, 2013 at 05:10AM EST
Quote

Suddenly, Stunthead came out of nowhere to kill DeadParrot’s discussion before it could start!
(Just kidding DP ~XOXOXO).


I’ll start with the good stuff… 2 new episodes have been given synopsisisisis’s. The first one is the See spoiler 1 and the second one could very well See spoiler 2.

Season 4 Episode 8: Rarity Takes Manehattan
Synopsis: When Rarity attends Fashion Week, another designer copies her entire line.
Air Date: January 4th.

The first Rarity episode in centamillenium!

Season 4 Episode 9: Pinkie Apple Pie
Synopsis: Pinkie Pie sets out to discover whether or not she is related to the Apple family.
Air Date: January 11th.

Could very well make the Apple Pie shippers very unhappy!


I did find this picture of a really cool sled, though!

@Fifths
HA HAHA HA HA HA! YES! RUNNING JOKES! ONLY SOMEONE WHO WAS JOKING WOULD, SAY, START A THREAD BY MAKING X’s AND O’s AT ANOTHER USER.

WHAT JOKERS WE ARE!

Last edited Dec 19, 2013 at 05:31AM EST
Dec 19, 2013 at 05:25AM EST
Quote

@KYM Derpibooru leak


The shipping… it spreads. Soon, no one will be able to resist Blue Screen’s sexy thighs.

Last edited Dec 19, 2013 at 07:23AM EST
Dec 19, 2013 at 07:22AM EST
Quote

Derpibooru has finally been corrupted by KYM

Soon, I will plunge the whole Interwebz with KYM In-jokes and chaos!

Dec 19, 2013 at 07:27AM EST
Quote

I need sum help form you KYm people: I once found some guy typed in some sort of essay that he admits he’s “sexually attracted” to Twilight and it’s in the KYM MLP gallery. Can somebody help me find it?

Dec 19, 2013 at 07:44AM EST
Quote

Kewln00b The Manchild wrote:

Lol @ Those Derpibooru guys. One Pony website thinking their pony website and their members are more superior than another pony website and their pony website members. How pathetic, we all know WE’RE the superior ones right? Right?

HELL YEAH!

Kewln00baloo also posted:

Don’t think everyone on /mlp/ would get the whole “Why does everyone want to rape Blue Screen of Death.” thing we have here.

I do understand and agree with what you are saying about the importance of context but In all fairness, I’ve been coming back here for several months now, and I don’t exactly know why everybody wants to rape Blue Screen of Death.. so I could understand their confusion..

No offense Blue, but I don’t want to rape you.
^ strangest sentence I’ve posted in awhile.

Dec 19, 2013 at 11:52AM EST
Quote

Ted the Espurr wrote:

I need sum help form you KYm people: I once found some guy typed in some sort of essay that he admits he’s “sexually attracted” to Twilight and it’s in the KYM MLP gallery. Can somebody help me find it?

So… What you gonna do about that guy? Gonna beat him up for choosing the worst waifu ever?

Last edited Dec 19, 2013 at 12:04PM EST
Dec 19, 2013 at 12:03PM EST
Quote

@ Alex

@ BSoD Ship
Obviously, they couldn’t handle the succubus that is Blue to prepare their anuses.

@RM Tag

@ Power Ponies Rating
I really don’t care about the rating, really. Just as long as I get my Saturday dose, I’m satisfied.

@ Stunt
The Rarity episode, we haven’t had in a while, so I can’t wait to see what Hasbro has in store for her.
As for the Pinkie Pie episode…

I can pretty much guess how it will turn out and end, especially considering the synopsis.

Dec 19, 2013 at 12:44PM EST
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

@KYM Derpibooru leak


The shipping… it spreads. Soon, no one will be able to resist Blue Screen’s sexy thighs.

Oh, yes. Blue Screen’s thighs, my dual-colored eyes, Maynard’s dick…


@Power Ponies and the FV Rating:

So it’s happening, huh? Ponies and non-TV-Y ratings? I knew this day would come.

Dec 19, 2013 at 04:16PM EST
Quote

I’d edit my previous post, but it’s been over a half-hour. Anyway, remember when I said I got something off eBay?

Boom.

Dec 19, 2013 at 05:04PM EST
Quote

@Jimmy Lethal

… Personally I’d never get something made of something as Brittle as Glass…

…Because I have a tendency to have things break a lot around me… For every reason from me being clumsy, to me doing something stupid, to wear and tear, to just being robbed by a vending machine every time I try to use one.

To cut a long story short… I would never buy anything that I’m not relatively certain I won’t break at some point.

… Because otherwise my life would be Derpy Hooves esque.

(Fun Fact, before I realized the full implications of the word “Mugging”, I used to say I keep getting mugged by vending machines… Which leads to some interesting visual imagery.)

Dec 19, 2013 at 05:58PM EST
Quote

Alex Mercer said:

Gonna beat him up for choosing the worst waifu ever?

>Twilight
>worst waifu ever

I’ll just assume you were being sarcastic with those implications.

Last edited Dec 19, 2013 at 08:40PM EST
Dec 19, 2013 at 08:35PM EST
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

@KYM Derpibooru leak


The shipping… it spreads. Soon, no one will be able to resist Blue Screen’s sexy thighs.

>implying Derpibooru wants sloppy seconds on our crusty, blue jizz-rag
>implying Derpibooru is fantasizing about BSoD’s flabby, worn out nethers when Deadparrot’s fresh thighs are a callin…

@Jimmy

That’s actually a pretty classy purchase! Now you just have to buy 60-70 more, no less than 20 of which featuring your favorite pony, so that all of pony general can be awed by your ostentatious display of wealth.

Last edited Dec 19, 2013 at 09:58PM EST
Dec 19, 2013 at 09:53PM EST
Quote

@Fifths

>Implying that I ever “wear out”
>Implying that deadparrot is “calling”
>Implying that more flabbin for the grabbin isn’t better

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:18PM EST
Quote

A post from Jimmy that has no downvotes whatsoever? Jimmy, for once the KYM gods have smiled down upon you and have given you the glory of upvotes. That or two people just REAAAAAALLY love you glass.

@Fifths, wait. Everyone wants to have sex with Deadparrot now? Man am I getting behind the times, just as I was getting ready to jump on the Bluescreen bandwagon this shit happens. Fuck it, I’m going for xTSGx as he’s the next obvious choice for circle jerking in the next few months.

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:39PM EST
Quote

Alex Mercer wrote:

So… What you gonna do about that guy? Gonna beat him up for choosing the worst waifu ever?

Nope. Look at it and wat. Honest

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:50PM EST
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

Alex Mercer said:

Gonna beat him up for choosing the worst waifu ever?

>Twilight
>worst waifu ever

I’ll just assume you were being sarcastic with those implications.

Not really..

Dec 20, 2013 at 03:31AM EST
Quote

Fifths said:

>implying Derpibooru is fantasizing about BSoD’s flabby, worn out nethers when Deadparrot’s fresh thighs are a callin…

>flabby, worn out
>implying they’re not sleek and tight from all the spambot banning
>implying Deadparrot won’t want you to paint yourself orange and wear a purple wig

Kewln00baloo said:

Fuck it, I’m going for xTSGx as he’s the next obvious choice for circle jerking in the next few months.

I christen thee, the USS xn00baloox because I realized how hard my screenname is to put into a portmanteau. I’m glad someone is finally paying attention to me. All those weeks toning my gluts will finally pay off.

@Alex Mercer
>2013
>not accepting Twilight as best waifu

If you want to shiggy that diggy doo than I can’t stop you. But just remember: I tried warning you, and you didn’t listen. Why didn’t you listen?

@Trying to Veer the Thread Away From Circlejerking

(It’s just fanart. Nothing to board the hype train over.)

Despite what many thought, Flight to the Finish didn’t actually feature the Equestria Games, just the flag contest for who would perform at the games. This means that an episode/s that feature the Games is almost inevitable. What do you think that episode/s plot will be? OR Do you even think the Games will get an episode/s?

There’s definitely a possibility of the Games being featured in the season finale, but for some reason, I doubt it. It seems like that would clutter the finale (even if it was a two parter). Having the Games, plus the plot device box, plus whatever villain/conflict will be needed just seems too much. In addition, they won’t be able to pimp out world build the Crystal Empire as much.

Then again, they could go the Pokemon Black and White route and have the villain attack the Games--triggering the main plot and whatever the plot device box has to offer. A terrorist attack in My Little Pony? It has both me and the [Grimdark] writers salivating at the thought.

I’m also really surprised no one has vectorized that Equestria Games poster Scootaloo had, yet.

Last edited Dec 20, 2013 at 07:52AM EST
Dec 20, 2013 at 07:44AM EST
Quote

@Equestria Games: I won’t be satisfied until I see an Equestria Games logo that looks like Lisa giving Bart a bj

I do like that this whole Equestria Games “arc” is getting the Grand Galloping Gala treatment. Having the pseudo season long story arc was something I enjoyed in season 1 and kinda missed in seasons 2 and 3 (unless you count the princess coronation which I don’t). I also like that this storyline has been a part of 2 seasons, giving that little extra spice of continuity that gives me the warm fuzzies. It would be weird to me if they spent 3 (if not more) episodes building up to the EG and then not give it its own episode. I do kinda like xTSGx’s idea of having the finale start with the games and then have it interrupted by the villain, but at the same time I would like the games to get its own spotlight with its own episode.

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:32AM EST
Quote

Hey folks, just sharing that we implanted a spoiler feature for images. Right now it can only be edited in after an image got uploaded, but it shouldn’t take long to have it added to the upload page as well.

Likewise to the NSFW feature, anyone of you with Image Editing powers can also add Spoilers now. Enjoy your spoiler free image galleries tomorrow.

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:37AM EST
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Hey folks, just sharing that we implanted a spoiler feature for images. Right now it can only be edited in after an image got uploaded, but it shouldn’t take long to have it added to the upload page as well.

Likewise to the NSFW feature, anyone of you with Image Editing powers can also add Spoilers now. Enjoy your spoiler free image galleries tomorrow.

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:48AM EST
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Hey folks, just sharing that we implanted a spoiler feature for images. Right now it can only be edited in after an image got uploaded, but it shouldn’t take long to have it added to the upload page as well.

Likewise to the NSFW feature, anyone of you with Image Editing powers can also add Spoilers now. Enjoy your spoiler free image galleries tomorrow.

Thank you based RM.

Dec 20, 2013 at 03:40PM EST
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Hey folks, just sharing that we implanted a spoiler feature for images. Right now it can only be edited in after an image got uploaded, but it shouldn’t take long to have it added to the upload page as well.

Likewise to the NSFW feature, anyone of you with Image Editing powers can also add Spoilers now. Enjoy your spoiler free image galleries tomorrow.

I even forgot there was a new pony episode tomorrow. I’m going to laugh when most of the casuals peoples neglect this spoiler tag and just start posting clips from the new episodes. Thus making the KYM image gallery inaccessible for those who don’t want no spoilers. Let’s hope people find out about this!

Dec 20, 2013 at 08:18PM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Spoiler tag

Do I get a cookie for being the one that proposed the idea :3

I will give you two.

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:01PM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Spoiler tag

Do I get a cookie for being the one that proposed the idea :3

I don’t see why not. Here Blue Screen, have a cookie.

Now don’t start clicking on that cookie or…..BLUE SCREEN, NOOOOOO

We’ve lost him.

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:17PM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Spoiler tag

Do I get a cookie for being the one that proposed the idea :3

Hmm…

No

Dec 20, 2013 at 11:40PM EST
Quote

Well in a few hours we’ll have a new episode of pony. Episode 6 to be exact…..at least this time when we got to episode 6 we aren’t going “Fuck, the season’s half over already!!!” and instead we’re going “Wow, we’re not even halfway done with this season.”

Dec 21, 2013 at 01:11AM EST
Quote

Kewln00b The Manchild wrote:

Well in a few hours we’ll have a new episode of pony. Episode 6 to be exact…..at least this time when we got to episode 6 we aren’t going “Fuck, the season’s half over already!!!” and instead we’re going “Wow, we’re not even halfway done with this season.”

Fuck, the season’s a quarter over already!!!

Dec 21, 2013 at 01:13AM EST
Quote

@ Kewl

I can’t wait to see Spike in tights… cause an apron isn’t enough…

Dec 21, 2013 at 01:28AM EST
Quote

Well…

That happened…


To answer xTSGx’s question:

That was posted on the Hub’s Facebook page after last week’s episode.
Doesn’t look like anyone is forgetting about the games any time soon, so I’m sure we’ll be seeing quite a bit more of them.
I think it might actually be pretty funny if the games end up being nothing more than a multi-episode backdrop, as in, last week’s episode essentially covered the opening ceremonies, another episode will have some relation to the events themselves without explicitly focusing on them, and another will use the closing ceremonies as a lead-in to another story.
The games will occur canonically, but there would never actually be an ‘Equestria Games Episode!’ itself.


Ever wanted to hear the newest song sung by each Crusader individually?
Well, by the magic of audio technology, you can!


Two things I noticed:

Scootaloo can sing!
(Though she honestly doesn’t really sound very much like herself when she does so…)

Clair Corlett is finally singing her own parts!
If you weren’t aware, Michelle Creber was doing the singing for both Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle all the way up through season three, with the only exception being the intentionally bad Sweetie-singing in Sleepless in Ponyville.
It’s pretty cool hearing Clair take up the reigns… so to speak…


Now stop eating all the cookies, guys!
We need some to be left for Santa!

Dec 21, 2013 at 02:56AM EST
Quote

Hey, I’m going to have no internets for a few weeks, so merry Christmas you horse loving assholes :)

Dec 21, 2013 at 07:40AM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!