Forums / Discussion / General

168,562 total conversations in 5,399 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9944 posts from 165 users

Kewln00b? wrote:

And Rainbow Dash looks like she’s gonna go bowling. I’m looking forward to THAT fanfic.

So I looked up “Rainbow dash bowling fanfic” (Just to see if there actually were any) and the first two things that came up were this:

and a fanfic called “Dashies dick”. Huh.

Feb 18, 2014 at 04:19AM EST
Quote


Don’t pretend you wouldn’t.


Try not to think too much about ponies and bowling.
It just brings up more questions…


Ponies…
IN 3D!

Feb 18, 2014 at 05:17AM EST
Quote

Hooray! I started a Bowling thread! We can’t have a Bowling thread without the ultimate bowler…..

Cousin let’s go bowling!
There’s still no thing as an ugly pony.

Last edited Feb 18, 2014 at 01:56PM EST
Feb 18, 2014 at 01:55PM EST
Quote

Strange, I haven’t been getting reply notification emails…

Sorry to interrupt the bowling discussion, but to cheer myself up after a terrible homework ordeal, I watched the next episode on my agenda!

Apologies in advance if I screw this up, I’m mildly drunk.
Well, first of all I wasn’t expecting a lot since this is a Fluttershy and you all know by now how much I like her… Let’s see, shall we?
First I’ll just get this out of the way: Angel? Yeah, a bit of a tool. Didn’t bother me as much as some but I can totally see why he’d be an infuriating character to those that are bothered by him.
But of course, I think I can mostly put this in terms of Fluttershy herself. Honestly, she still kinda annoyed me pretty much the same way with the rather obnoxious shyness, but this time it was rather tempered because I couldn’t help but feel kinda sorry for her a lot of the time… It started with the opening, where all the ponies kept ignoring/ not hearing her really got on my nerves, admittedly mostly because she wasn’t nearly THAT quiet (though that could be a fourth wall thing I suppose) but it also was there in the main plot, considering how unwilling she was to do any of this, though the same annoyance stayed about steady: while I felt more sorry for her for having such an unpleasant and frightening situation thrust upon her with no way out, I also couldn’t help but get annoyed by the scaredy-cat behavior, occasional incompetence and her general failures to “deal with it”. I know why and I know I can’t really hold it against her but I still can’t help but FEEL a little annoyed nonetheless, sort of the fear equivalent of the common “I know you have a lot to be sad about but can you STOP BITCHING ABOUT IT ALREADY?!” reaction people have to angsty characters who go on too much. Thankfully this was a very mild cause, particularly in comparison to those. You know what I definitely agree with the Flutter-fans on though? Her talking down the dragon at the end was pretty damn cool! How could I hate on that? Not matter how I feel about her, even if I hate her to the very end of the show 5 or so or whatever years from now, I’ll at least be able to say she had her moments, and that’s more than I can say for a lot of characters (this last sentence also applies for Pinkie).
Speaking of Pinkie, I should probably address her in this episode. She didn’t annoy me as much… Purely because there was less of her, what was there did still annoy me, most of the time it was like a miniaturized version of her Pilot/Ticket Master annoyance for me. Plus in contrast to Flutters her ending part with scaring Rainbow Dash pissed me off… C’mon, surely you can wait until after your friend’s finished with an achievement important to her to be a colossal twat?
The other four primary characters (I still find it hard to bring myself to say “Mane 6”) were about neutral for me, none of them really did anything that impacted me particularly hard in any way. Besides feeling sorry for Dash because of the ball thing, and I was almost upset about Rarity’s dragon negotiation (She was so close…). I thought Twilight was gonna impress me at the start but not really.
Overall, I’d say it was a fairly solid episode, lots of little irritating bits but nothing that ruined it (or even hurt it particularly significantly) for me, surprising for an episode focusing on a character I have such a low opinion of.

Final side note on this episode: It’s irrelevant and just my weird brain, but I couldn’t help but think of how I’D run this mission from having played some strategy games and similar stuff, mostly stuff like “Rainbow flies Twilight up to the cave, Twilight uses her magic to kill the dragon by crushing its throat/caving in or blowing up its skull/etc, Rainbow flies her back down again”. Now I think of how good it probably is for Equestria that they don’t have someone like me in Twilight’s place… (Though such a thing would probably make a fun fanfic if you really played up the dark comedy angle, I suppose)

Other than that, all I got are these:
1) Anyone know what’s up with the emails?
2) I finally figured out my Vinyl hatred issue, and it also solidified why I’m slowly losing my ability to feel that way. Not sure if I should post, but I do slightly want to get it off my chest once and for all.

Again sorry if this is stupid, I’m slightly drunk.

There’s still no thing as an ugly pony.

Reminds me of this:

Clearly Dash has it all wrong, considering how people usually react to Derpy.

Last edited Feb 18, 2014 at 08:17PM EST
Feb 18, 2014 at 08:12PM EST
Quote

Sorry again, but I didn’t get an email for DV’s reply either, is anyone else failing to receive emails?

Feb 19, 2014 at 02:20AM EST
Quote

Muffinlicious the Trixie Fan wrote:

So look at this cool Easter egg someone discovered on The Last of us: Left Behind

I wonder what happened to the rest of the Mane Six after the end…?


@Crash: You can PM me about that, as I am /kym/’s resident Scratchfag.

Feb 19, 2014 at 05:13PM EST
Quote

Jim wrote:

How is this a popular pastime in Equestria?

Magic.


Crashgordon94 wrote:

is anyone else failing to receive emails?

Yeah, same problem here. I still receive non-forum related emails though, got this problem for about 2 days I think.

Feb 19, 2014 at 05:25PM EST
Quote

Ooh guys, I got an itch. An itch that needs a scratch!

yay…

Feb 19, 2014 at 09:59PM EST
Quote

I have a new topic to offer ye, pony thread. A good ol’ headscratcher.

Suppose this: you suspect someone you know watches and enjoys this show. You want to be able to confirm your suspicions without revealing that you yourself give any thought to the existence of this show. It can’t be by catching them in the act. You have to set them up to “tip their hand”, so to speak. Bonus points if they don’t realize they have. And note that it’s testing for the show and not for a fandom of any sort.

I pose this challenge both for the sake of potential application, and because I figure this thread could use a topic that doesn’t feel like it’s already been wrung dry multiple times recently. Just something fresher than repetitive image posts and state-of-the-fandom addresses.

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:34PM EST
Quote

Crashgordon 94 said:

Angel? Yeah, a bit of a tool. Didn’t bother me as much as some but I can totally see why he’d be an infuriating character to those that are bothered by him.

Just wait until he starts wearing a wife-beater and acts like he’s on an episode of COPS.

C’mon, surely you can wait until after your friend’s finished with an achievement important to her to be a colossal twat?

Get used to it. Feeling Pinkie Keen, Super Speedy Cider Squeeze 9000, A Friend in Deed, and, of course, Filli Vanilli. I’m increasingly thinking Pinkie has an autism spectrum disorder with how socially oblivious and awkward she has been.

I finally figured out my Vinyl hatred issue, and it also solidified why I’m slowly losing my ability to feel that way. Not sure if I should post, but I do slightly want to get it off my chest once and for all.

Do it, faggot.

Title: For Whom the Sweetie Bells Toils
Air Date: March 30, 2014
Synopsis: Sweetie Belle ruins a costume for one of Rarity’s clients on purpose; Luna visits her in her dreams.

Moonbutt confirmed for having more appearances than Sunbutt. It only goes to further confirm her status as Best Princess.

Title: Leap of Faith
Air Date: March 30th
Synopsis: Applejack is doubtful of the Flim Flam Brothers’ cure-all tonic; Granny Smith tries it and it seems to work.

What’s this? They’re actually using old Plot Devices?! I’m so happy. My biggest complaint is finally being addressed. Why do I get the feeling we’re gonna have one of those 1900s Pre-FDA Radium/heroin tonics in the episode? And somewhere, Gilda softly cries herself to sleep.

Guys, why the fuck aren’t we talking about this? A mirror universe. A (semi)canon mirror universe. If there was ever something I’d non-sexually jack off to, it’s this. I shudder to think of what mirror!Twilight’s going to do. I love me my evil!Twilight fanfics. And just look at that mirror!Luna.

There’s also another important point: mirror universe characters have a massively higher likelihood of dying/whatever-the-death-eqivolent-is-for-a-little-girls-comic. It’s like an unwritten rule. What kind of fate is in store for the mirror characters?

Don’t even get me started on the fanfics. There already aren’t enough mirror universe fanfics, this should cause a glut. Then there’s the evil!Twilight stories. And, of course, Tyrantlestia, who will now almost assuredly be canonized. Who would have ever thought Tyrantlestia would get confirmed for canon. And then there’s the tinderbox that is The Conversion Bureau

I don’t think I’ve been this hype since the Great Twilicorn Shitstorm.

I swear, if this gets glossed over in favor of circlejerking over Vinyl or Pinkamena, I’m going to start whipping out old fashioned curses.

Last edited Feb 19, 2014 at 11:38PM EST
Feb 19, 2014 at 11:36PM EST
Quote

Supreme the Lurking Monitor wrote:

I have a new topic to offer ye, pony thread. A good ol’ headscratcher.

Suppose this: you suspect someone you know watches and enjoys this show. You want to be able to confirm your suspicions without revealing that you yourself give any thought to the existence of this show. It can’t be by catching them in the act. You have to set them up to “tip their hand”, so to speak. Bonus points if they don’t realize they have. And note that it’s testing for the show and not for a fandom of any sort.

I pose this challenge both for the sake of potential application, and because I figure this thread could use a topic that doesn’t feel like it’s already been wrung dry multiple times recently. Just something fresher than repetitive image posts and state-of-the-fandom addresses.

That’s an easy one. I just start casually whistling a melody from one of Ingram’s song and see if I get a response.

xTSGx said

Some bullshit about his fanfiction or something.

SORRY, I CAN’T HEAR YOU! DOING THE DISHES!

Last edited Feb 20, 2014 at 12:26AM EST
Feb 20, 2014 at 12:16AM EST
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

Crashgordon 94 said:

Angel? Yeah, a bit of a tool. Didn’t bother me as much as some but I can totally see why he’d be an infuriating character to those that are bothered by him.

Just wait until he starts wearing a wife-beater and acts like he’s on an episode of COPS.

C’mon, surely you can wait until after your friend’s finished with an achievement important to her to be a colossal twat?

Get used to it. Feeling Pinkie Keen, Super Speedy Cider Squeeze 9000, A Friend in Deed, and, of course, Filli Vanilli. I’m increasingly thinking Pinkie has an autism spectrum disorder with how socially oblivious and awkward she has been.

I finally figured out my Vinyl hatred issue, and it also solidified why I’m slowly losing my ability to feel that way. Not sure if I should post, but I do slightly want to get it off my chest once and for all.

Do it, faggot.

Title: For Whom the Sweetie Bells Toils
Air Date: March 30, 2014
Synopsis: Sweetie Belle ruins a costume for one of Rarity’s clients on purpose; Luna visits her in her dreams.

Moonbutt confirmed for having more appearances than Sunbutt. It only goes to further confirm her status as Best Princess.

Title: Leap of Faith
Air Date: March 30th
Synopsis: Applejack is doubtful of the Flim Flam Brothers’ cure-all tonic; Granny Smith tries it and it seems to work.

What’s this? They’re actually using old Plot Devices?! I’m so happy. My biggest complaint is finally being addressed. Why do I get the feeling we’re gonna have one of those 1900s Pre-FDA Radium/heroin tonics in the episode? And somewhere, Gilda softly cries herself to sleep.

Guys, why the fuck aren’t we talking about this? A mirror universe. A (semi)canon mirror universe. If there was ever something I’d non-sexually jack off to, it’s this. I shudder to think of what mirror!Twilight’s going to do. I love me my evil!Twilight fanfics. And just look at that mirror!Luna.

There’s also another important point: mirror universe characters have a massively higher likelihood of dying/whatever-the-death-eqivolent-is-for-a-little-girls-comic. It’s like an unwritten rule. What kind of fate is in store for the mirror characters?

Don’t even get me started on the fanfics. There already aren’t enough mirror universe fanfics, this should cause a glut. Then there’s the evil!Twilight stories. And, of course, Tyrantlestia, who will now almost assuredly be canonized. Who would have ever thought Tyrantlestia would get confirmed for canon. And then there’s the tinderbox that is The Conversion Bureau

I don’t think I’ve been this hype since the Great Twilicorn Shitstorm.

I swear, if this gets glossed over in favor of circlejerking over Vinyl or Pinkamena, I’m going to start whipping out old fashioned curses.

>Evil Twilight
>Doesn’t have wings
What the fuck is this?

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:54AM EST
Quote

@Fifths:

That’s an easy one. I just start casually whistling a melody from one of Ingram’s song and see if I get a response.

Except that would reveal to them your own knowledge of the show, which you mustn’t do. Therein lies the difficulty. You have to tip their hand without tipping your own.

EDIT: On that comic cover, Applejack is totally, like, an old western baddy or somethin’.

Last edited Feb 20, 2014 at 01:59AM EST
Feb 20, 2014 at 01:54AM EST
Quote

@Evil Twins
For a more direct comparison:

Of note:
- Chrysalis and Luna’s alternates are awesome!
- Evil AJ is a bandito
- Evil Derpy is a depressed librarian
- Evil David Tennant is Tom Baker
- Evil Spike is… just Spike?

@Kewl
I believe the implication would be that ‘evil’ Twilight never made friends so she never became a princess.

@xTSGx
Watch what you put into those fics!


LAAAAARRRRSSSSOOOONNNN!


@Supreme
Well, I know that I’ve personally taken up saying ‘Eeyup’ quite a bit more than I used to which could easily elicit a telling reaction if said around the right people, but it has the bonus of being completely innocuous to everyone else.


Coming soon to a Build-A-Bear near you!

Finally, a cheap Scootaloo for the masses!
Scootaloos shall blot out the sun!

Feb 20, 2014 at 03:52AM EST
Quote

Well… While I’m trying to juggle college, learning how to keep a story on track, and my piling up list of episodes to watch… I have a question…

Has anyone expected Twilight to act more self conscious about her wings than she has?

I don’t know how to put it exactly… But for some reason it feels like a pony sprouting wings can be a good metaphor for puberty… Which often comes with self consciousness over how things grow in, and how everyone seems to notice.

I don’t know if its comparable… But I kinda expected at least a similar reaction. And so far, I haven’t seen Twilight being too self conscious… Though I may be wrong.

Feb 20, 2014 at 05:21AM EST
Quote

@Lunar
I’m surprised that she doesn’t use her wings often, much more when other ponies don’t seem to care much (As observed in the Manehattan episode). I was surprised to actually see her fly in prior episode, but I still don’t think she really bothers with them.
@Comics
I should read those, anyone have a link to the first please?

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:07AM EST
Quote

DeadParrot222 wrote:

@Evil Twins
For a more direct comparison:

Of note:
- Chrysalis and Luna’s alternates are awesome!
- Evil AJ is a bandito
- Evil Derpy is a depressed librarian
- Evil David Tennant is Tom Baker
- Evil Spike is… just Spike?

@Kewl
I believe the implication would be that ‘evil’ Twilight never made friends so she never became a princess.

@xTSGx
Watch what you put into those fics!


LAAAAARRRRSSSSOOOONNNN!


@Supreme
Well, I know that I’ve personally taken up saying ‘Eeyup’ quite a bit more than I used to which could easily elicit a telling reaction if said around the right people, but it has the bonus of being completely innocuous to everyone else.


Coming soon to a Build-A-Bear near you!

Finally, a cheap Scootaloo for the masses!
Scootaloos shall blot out the sun!

A build your own Scootaloo? I’ll take 20 along with about 10-15 Build your own Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy’s each.

bq.“Maud Pie”[31] Jayson Thiessen and Jim Miller
TBA
March 15, 2014[31] 418
TBA
When Pinkie Pie’s sister comes to town, the girls find her much different than Pinkie described.[31]

Well, I have a feeling that’s where the new retconned Pinkie Sister from her family photo is going to come in from. LARSON!!!!

Feb 20, 2014 at 01:19PM EST
Quote

xTSGx was all like:

Get used to it. Feeling Pinkie Keen, Super Speedy Cider Squeeze 9000, A Friend in Deed, and, of course, Filli Vanilli. I’m increasingly thinking Pinkie has an autism spectrum disorder with how socially oblivious and awkward she has been.

It wouldn’t shock me, to be honest. Possibly combined with ADD, or even schizophrenia if you subscribe to the Pinkamena theories.


@Dat Comic Cover:

Feb 20, 2014 at 03:42PM EST
Quote

@Pinkie

So far, I’m left to think her problems are either much simpler than everyone makes out, or much more complex.

At best, I’d probably say she has some form of clinical depression. Which, according to what some argue when trying to convince me I have it… Is not all about feeling sad all the time, but also things like negative thinking, avoidance of unpleasant tasks in favor of more pleasurable ones… And so on.

So one can argue that the reason that she’s so good at making others smile is out of a need to stay smiling herself. In fact, one does have to question her cutie mark story and wonder if her want to “never stop smiling” was a sign she’d spent most of her life depressed, as well as providing more evidence of avoidance of displeasure.

…Yeah… I suddenly am very concerned about how easy it is for Pinkie to get depressed.


In other news… Just watched the last three episodes… Here’s the bullet points version of my thoughts

>Pinkie is adorable
>Spike’s look the the camera when Rarity is complaining about being unrequited is cool
>Fluttershy’s voice…
>Tenderhoof is such a hipster
>I have to wonder if Cheese just kept the rubber chicken Pinkie must have thrown at him at his first party and that’s the one he gave her.
>For some reason a bunch of new voiced “background ponies” caught my interest for a few seconds
>I noticed in the Fluttershy episode, one pony had a bunch of cats… I only now realize that makes her a cat lady.
> FEEL THE MUSIC IN YOU! FIND YOU’VE GOT THE MUSIC IN YOU!

… I can’t think of anything else just yet. But oh well.

Last edited Feb 20, 2014 at 05:09PM EST
Feb 20, 2014 at 04:44PM EST
Quote

@Scootaloo build-a-bear plush:
So…. They’re releasing plushies of Scootaloo before even finishing the mane 6? That actually bothers me a bit because I’ve been really itching for a build a bear Rarity and I just wanna see what the hell they’ll do with AJ (and if her hat will be the right color). Not to sneeze at Scoot, but wouldn’t it make more sense to release the other CMCs before her? I mean, the other two are directly related to mane 6 members and are probably more popular than Scootaloo. Whatever, I’m overthinking this. I just want my Rarity, dammit.

@Comics:
I fell way behind on the comics after starting college and this needs to be fixed immediately. I love the comics to pieces, why did they ever have to leave my life?

Feb 20, 2014 at 06:51PM EST
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

@Scootaloo build-a-bear plush:
So…. They’re releasing plushies of Scootaloo before even finishing the mane 6? That actually bothers me a bit because I’ve been really itching for a build a bear Rarity and I just wanna see what the hell they’ll do with AJ (and if her hat will be the right color). Not to sneeze at Scoot, but wouldn’t it make more sense to release the other CMCs before her? I mean, the other two are directly related to mane 6 members and are probably more popular than Scootaloo. Whatever, I’m overthinking this. I just want my Rarity, dammit.

@Comics:
I fell way behind on the comics after starting college and this needs to be fixed immediately. I love the comics to pieces, why did they ever have to leave my life?

+1 for wanting a Rarity plush, although I’m probably not man enough to go in a build-a-bear and make one. I have a rarity cm pillow, rarity cm polo shirt, and various other rarity items, but I do want a plush, and it will be Rarity. I just wish I could afford a quality one like this:

And I’m been falling behind on the comics as well. I stopped buying them after the 1st part of the big mac one and haven’t picked up one ever since. Now that I have money again, I really need to hunt down the ones I missed.

Feb 20, 2014 at 07:17PM EST
Quote

@Crimson/Cute Master
cough


Both on the way along with Scoots!

Now the Apple sisters are the only ones missing and I’m wondering if it has to do with the fact that Applejack and Apple Bloom are the only characters with standard canon accessories.
For a place as versatile as Build-A-Bear, I can’t imagine a cowboy hat and a hair bow being all that difficult to make, but it would be an extra step.
I’m sure we’ll see them coming out pretty soon too.


@Fringe
For those who don’t know, Andy Price, the illustrator for many of the comics (and usually the best ones) is a big Fringe fan.
The Observer pony is hiding somewhere in pretty much every issue that he draws.
He even sneaks in some more obscure references:


And for those who need to catch up:
ALL THE COMICS!
Just use the links to get to the main series, micro series, and even the books that are out there.
Remember to buy copies if you can though!
Support the artists behind these things because they are awesome!

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:02PM EST
Quote

@Violet Sedan Chair:

Oh gawd I just fan-gasm’d so hard! I can’t believe I missed that, although admittingly I hadn’t caught up on the series until about 4 months ago. Prior to that I had only seen season 1 and parts of season two, so obviously things would make more sense now. I gotta go back and dig though all those comics now!!!

@Rarity/SB! Sister plushies are best plushies! Though not 100% show quality, they’d do! That and SB is best CMC, so it’d be hard for me to just get Rarity. Do want!!!

Of course once I start with Rarity and then SB, it’ll be hard for me to not complete the mane 6 and CMC, meaning I better save up! XD

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:20PM EST
Quote

DeadParrot222 wrote:

@Crimson/Cute Master
cough


Both on the way along with Scoots!

Now the Apple sisters are the only ones missing and I’m wondering if it has to do with the fact that Applejack and Apple Bloom are the only characters with standard canon accessories.
For a place as versatile as Build-A-Bear, I can’t imagine a cowboy hat and a hair bow being all that difficult to make, but it would be an extra step.
I’m sure we’ll see them coming out pretty soon too.


@Fringe
For those who don’t know, Andy Price, the illustrator for many of the comics (and usually the best ones) is a big Fringe fan.
The Observer pony is hiding somewhere in pretty much every issue that he draws.
He even sneaks in some more obscure references:


And for those who need to catch up:
ALL THE COMICS!
Just use the links to get to the main series, micro series, and even the books that are out there.
Remember to buy copies if you can though!
Support the artists behind these things because they are awesome!

That Rarity looks positively cuddly. I’ll take 8.

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:47PM EST
Quote

@DeadParrot:
That’s what I get for posting just after coming back from classes. My brain doesn’t like to do the thinky thing and actually look stuff up before typing.

Well, shit, now I need to get the Sweetie Belle and Rarity at the same time. Rarity and Sweetie Belle are best sisters.

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:13AM EST
Quote

@Plushies
Oh, a friend of mine who I accidently converted a while ago gave me a present today!

(This is just a picture that I found, not the one that I have).
He got it from America and gave it to me. He also got plushies for, like, the only two other people I know who would want them. This is the only pony merch I have other than the McDonalds Memory game that was being given out for free. Deadparrot probably scoffs at this plushies sparkley-maned hatlessness, but hey, at least it’s not a spaghetti mane!

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:36AM EST
Quote

Muffinlicious the Trixie Fan wrote:

Speaking of plushies, look what New York gets


Lucky bastards…

Oh my god that Rainbow Dash looks so cuddly, I’ll take 12.

Also, How to Train Your Dragon 2? Sign me up!

Feb 21, 2014 at 08:40PM EST
Quote

Muffinlicious the Trixie Fan wrote:

Speaking of plushies, look what New York gets


Lucky bastards…

Brb. Moving into a cardboard box in the middle of that stair landing. (That’s a normal thing to do in New York, right?)

Also, semi-related…

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:19PM EST
Quote

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

Brb. Moving into a cardboard box in the middle of that stair landing. (That’s a normal thing to do in New York, right?)

Also, semi-related…

So I guess this is now a ponybox thread?

Last edited Feb 21, 2014 at 10:27PM EST
Feb 21, 2014 at 10:26PM EST
Quote

Muffinlicious the Trixie Fan wrote:

So I guess this is now a ponybox thread?

Works for me!

(Oh Shit! What have I done!?!)

Mod edit: Easy on the gore. -Verbose


Also, @EqG streaming: When do you guys want to have the stream and through what service? I’d prefer to not broadcast through one that forces ads on you every 5 minutes as I know some of the services have resorted to. I’d also like to hold a test stream first. Maybe I could air the first 2 episodes and we could draw Molly into watch them.

Last edited Feb 22, 2014 at 01:26AM EST
Feb 21, 2014 at 10:47PM EST
Quote

My Little Pony, My little pony, ahhhhhhhh.ahhhhhhhhh,ahhhhhhhhhh, My Little Pony! I used to wonder what friendship could be? My Little pony! could you all share this magic with me!

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:44AM EST
Quote

Not Danial Dolatshahi wrote:

My Little Pony, My little pony, ahhhhhhhh.ahhhhhhhhh,ahhhhhhhhhh, My Little Pony! I used to wonder what friendship could be? My Little pony! could you all share this magic with me!

Big adventure
Tonz of fun
A dope heart
Faithful ‘n strong
Sharin’ kindness
It ain’t nuthin’ but an easy as fuck feat
And magic make all dat shiznit complete
Yo’ ass have mah lil’ ponies
You know you all mah straight up dopesters playas?
(Gizoogle translation)

Feb 22, 2014 at 01:45AM EST
Quote

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

Works for me!

(Oh Shit! What have I done!?!)

Mod edit: Easy on the gore. -Verbose


Also, @EqG streaming: When do you guys want to have the stream and through what service? I’d prefer to not broadcast through one that forces ads on you every 5 minutes as I know some of the services have resorted to. I’d also like to hold a test stream first. Maybe I could air the first 2 episodes and we could draw Molly into watch them.

The answer to all yer problems We’ve used Togethertube before after the great Synchtube crumbled before us and it’s a reliable stream. Some people lag out (which involves us partaking in Cannibalism mainly due to my fascination of eating those who lag out) but who cares because Everyone is a Moderator! Except for Verbose and Bluescreen. You guys get to be real mods, you don’t get to be mods on Togethertube so nanana boo boo stick your head in doo doo. Here have cute pone.

Very cute pone.

Feb 22, 2014 at 02:37AM EST
Quote

Muffinlicious wrote:

So I guess this is now a ponybox thread?


Last edited Feb 22, 2014 at 10:42AM EST
Feb 22, 2014 at 10:41AM EST
Quote

“This is Box Airlines, non-stop flight to Cute! Please fasten your seat-belts and prepare for lift-daaaaaaw!”


Speaking of boxes:

The research continues…


@Episode
This was a pretty cute one.
My favorite part was seeing the CMCs actually be marginally successful at some things for once.
They can learn!

I did sort of wonder why no one seemed to know that Twilight lived in town despite living in the giant library/tree visible from just about anywhere.
Clearly the educational state of Ponyville is pretty bad when children believe that they have to be invited over to even enter the public library, though.

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:32AM EST
Quote

New episode! T’was alright for a CMC episode. I personally imagined a bunch of neckbeards rolling on the ground shouting “NO STOP RAPING THE WORD OF FAUST YOU PLEBIANS!” at all the fillies and colts fanboy/girling over “Princess” Twilight Sparkle, personally made the scene a lot funnier for me. Also, it was great to see the CMC learn some new skills, and a very obvious one for Sweetie Belle, man does that probably make Scootaloo feel like shit? Nah don’t worry she already had her episode so she doesn’t get to feel like shit now. Also, I never thought seeing Twilight eat Equestria’s equivalent of hamburgers would be so cute.

I remember a quote Scootaloo said in the episode, don’t remember what it was exactly but here have a Scootaloo.

Only 10 episodes left of the season guys….It feels like season 2 all over again, I’d say Season 3 but Season 3 was over before it really ‘began’. So what do you guys think will be the Season finale this year? Something like Season 1’s finale? 2 Finale? 3 Finale I hope not, we’ve had enough two episode stories being shoved into one rushed musical for one series…..and we’ve only had one of those. I’m thinking it might be the Equestria Games or something, then the terrorists attack the Equestrian Games.

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:05PM EST
Quote

I still don’t get why Pip was so excited about meeting Twilight. He’s already friends with best princess, after all.

Feb 22, 2014 at 04:09PM EST
Quote

Backtracking a bit to last week’s episode, the thing with Pinkie that bothered me was that it was both out-of-character and flat out contradictory for her: in (I think) Griffon the Brush Off, Pinkie knows not to prank Fluttershy because she knows that Flutters is sensitive and panicky. And yet here she is, almost actively trying to make Fluttershy have nervous breakdowns. Come on writers, I know you’re aware of your own continuity given the return of Flutterguy…

Meanwhile, even when apprentice-turned-equal to a physical god, Twilight shoves her face into fast food like so many other starving college students before her. Old habits die hard, maybe?

Last edited Feb 22, 2014 at 04:31PM EST
Feb 22, 2014 at 04:31PM EST
Quote

@Jyron: Who says that just because a princess is a princess, they have to be graceful as well. lol.

Also, @SqueakyBelle: What happened? She’s loosing her squeak! It makes me sad, yet at the same time they aged the ponies in the show appropriately. Sweetie Belle looses her squeak, but matures and learns to control her magic. I’d say it’s a fair win-win. It’s just kinda sad they’re growing up and all.

Feb 22, 2014 at 05:26PM EST
Quote

↑ My first thought upon seeing this was:

A) How did the CMC pay for all of this?

B) Damn! Being a princess must increase your appetite.

C) Where can I get horseshoe shaped fries??

Last edited Feb 22, 2014 at 07:43PM EST
Feb 22, 2014 at 07:42PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!