Forums / Discussion / General

168,590 total conversations in 5,400 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9944 posts from 165 users

What’s that Angel? I’m late? For wha-OH MY GOSH! Happy late Birthday @Jimmy!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you as well BSoD!

We’re gunna need TWO party cannons up in this bitch colt! Hit it guys!

I don’t think that’s going to be enough. Maybe we should bring in this bad boy for back-up.

Last edited Mar 03, 2014 at 01:57AM EST
Mar 03, 2014 at 01:56AM EST

Sorry, was typing this up last night but couldn’t finish it so I’m finishing it now.

@Jimmy:
Happy (belated) Birthday!
Here, I baked you a cake!

Wait, that’s not right… Anyone got a more suitable one?

There we go!

And happy birthday to you too, Blue Screen, may you have a great birthday!

If you don’t mind me going off topic, watched some more episodes last night on the drive down here (My dad actually caught me and even guessed it was MLP, but managed to dodge the questions enough to get out of it without actually admitting to watching Ponies), so got a 3-report dump here now!

To recap, I actually saw this one a little while ago but delayed it until now because I haven’t got much to say about it.
It actually got off to a bad start with me because of the logic behind the storm which fuels the plot. They missed a rainy day… So couldn’t they just add another normal rainy day and/or make the next one rainier? I don’t see any need for a dangerous, damaging storm at all…
I also didn’t see the problem with Rarity shaping the branches but given what happened later and a review I watched yesterday, I’m pretty sure that was just me being dense.
However my main logical problem was with Applejack. I know a lot of people had issues with Twi being so dense but that didn’t bother me, however the element of honesty not saying one peep about her issues with this whole setup or even trying to really did…
Aside from that, the only other real noticeable impact was the whole stereotypical slumber party aspect made it a little too overtly girly for my tastes.
That’s really about it, don’t have much of anything else to say about this episode.

Okay, I’ll get this out of the way first: Like SO many other people who saw this I couldn’t help but think “Gee, these ponies are really racist!”, I won’t dwell on that since it’s been covered elsewhere more than sufficiently.
The other whole-episode was that after Apple Bloom was brought in, AJ having snatched her up, I couldn’t help but wonder why Rarity didn’t do the same with Sweetie Belle… Actually genuinely had me thinking that Rarity was leaving her sister to die or something! Of course she has her parents but I don’t remember them being introduced yet.
Also, the whole plot could really have been avoided if Zecora didn’t act so fucking suspicious and sketchy. She also doesn’t seem to do much else until quite a while into the episode, though I suppose that’s a perfectly valid choice (It would help to see something other than mysterious sketchiness though), aside from this and her rhyming mildly annoying me I don’t have any beef with her.
Pinkie Pie did annoy me with her song but looking back I can’t remember anything else of note she did that annoyed me. Fluttershy didn’t bother me at all (though my headphones had issues picking up her voice) and like most people I was amused by the whole “Flutterguy” thing (and the Evil Enchantress song didn’t bother me when she sang it instead, actually sounded quite good that way).
Pretty solid episode for the most part, hope we eventually get to see more Zebras in the future.

First off, do the Parasprites remind anyone else of Kirby? Round, flying cutesy things with excessive appetites…
Throughout the episode (since it was kinda spoiled for me), I was getting kinda upset aat Pinkie for not explaining herself, and the others for not listening to her. Though very much mostly the latter since Pinkie tried later on but they weren’t having any of it, so I’ll count this as a good episode for her, definitely.
Also bothered me that they didn’t try any of the techniques again, like Applejack’s herding for example. That only failed because Fluttershy kept one (black mark against her, by the way) so if they tried again it would probably work! Same with Rainbow’s tornado thing, that only failed because Pinkie’s cymbals went into it…
Also, they presumably rebuilt rather quickly, didn’t they? Since I’m presuming that the next episode doesn’t start with everything in ruins…
By all means a solid episode, I feel like I should have more to say about it so definitely feel free to ask about it, until then I’m gonna take a little tangent:

YES! I managed to pause on the original Twiface!

Time to celebrate!

Uh oh, this has gotten out of hand, better get rid of it…
Oh crap, where do I put it?! Guess I’ll just have to leave it on this guy’s butt…

I’m sure he won’t notice!

Sorry, probably went a tad image-heavy there but it’s a bit of a special occasion for me, in a way.

Last edited Mar 03, 2014 at 02:31AM EST
Mar 03, 2014 at 02:30AM EST

You guys may want to rethink your criticism of Seabreeze.
Considering his pedigree, you may be taking your life in your hands.

ALL WILL BE DESTROYED!

*gentle wind noises

Overall, I was alright with this episode.
Not the strongest ever, but fun enough and the parts that did work worked quite well.
(I always like Napoleon-complex characters and surly, Scottish-Swedish Seabreeze had that in spades.)
They were just interspersed with a couple ideas that didn’t work so well.

I do sort of agree with Crimson that it may have been better if they had gone the route of Fluttershy being overly protective, but I also disagree with the lesson being a rehash of previous Fluttershy episodes.
It certainly had a similar vein, but there was an important tweak that made it distinct.
Fluttershy’s other ‘doormat’ episodes dealt with characters taking advantage of Fluttershy’s kindness to her own detriment.
In this case, Fluttershy was pretty much fine with the arrangement of taking care of the Breezies and it was actually a case of Fluttershy’s kindness being detrimental to the other people rather than herself.
She wasn’t learning to be assertive (again), she was learning that you sometimes need to force people out of their comfort zones for their own benefit.
Kindness isn’t all about giving people what they say they want, but can sometimes be about giving them what you know they need.
It’s actually a pretty interesting lesson to be taught in a children’s show in my opinion.

All that said, I feel like they could have done a better job getting that idea across.
The biggest misstep I think they made was the Breezies’ motivations.
By making it seem like they were all just deliberately abandoning their families forever because someone gave them cookies made them look insanely short-sighted, stupid, and too obviously wrong.
It kind of feels like that was added after the fact, too, just to ‘ramp up’ the conflict, but I feel that things would have been much better if it had been left out entirely.
The opening exposition placed enough context by saying that they were delivering pollen that would go bad within a couple days so just leave it at that.
Make it a case of creatures with a tough job taking a legitimate break before getting carried away and becoming too comfortable.
Rather than worrying about never seeing their loved ones again (which should have gotten them off their asses immediately), it would be more like they were just procrastinating in the face of their jobs and Fluttershy’s kindness was enabling that behavior.
In my eyes, presenting it that way would have lost the ‘emotional’ factor of the families, but been stronger, and thus ultimately more effective, for actual coherence.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this concept?
Or just general ideas that would have preserved the general concept of the episode while improving it?
I find that more interesting than just saying why we may not like something.

In that vein,

Also, Dash likes to shape-shift:

@Jimmy/BSoD

Last edited Mar 03, 2014 at 03:57AM EST
Mar 03, 2014 at 03:55AM EST

@Jimmy

@4chan Winter Cup
I must say, that was one of the hypest things I have ever watched. Even though /mlp/ lost, it made me reconsider divegrass soccer as a sport. Especially when you have Ken Ashcorp (of 20% Cooler fame) as one of the color commentators (he’s the British guy).

I mean, come on, how can you not consider that hype? Especially when you watch it happen live.

Mar 03, 2014 at 05:40AM EST

Although I’m probably sure that I’m too late to wish Jimmy a happy birthday, and I might be too early to wish Blue one, never the less, Happy Birthday to you both!

Since over time we’ve pretty much used up all the birthday-pony images on the internet, I’ll just leave you two with a song instead..

Mar 03, 2014 at 07:25AM EST

Slight change of topic.

How’s that Breezie fanart coming so far?

One thing I love about this fandom is the artwork. And there’s nothing in the show that doesn’t get fanart. I don’t care what any one says. Breezies are adorable and I’m happy to see them getting some love

So tiny!

Mar 03, 2014 at 08:18AM EST

Amidst all this talk about episode flaws and breezies and birthdays I completely forgot to mention how funny Rarity was in this episode. Certainly not enough to save the episode, but I thought it was hilarious and completely in character that she would wear impractical and showy outfits while being oblivious to how fucking blinding the sequins are. And then she takes off her coat and the shirt she’s wearing underneath is so fucking bright that we can’t even see what the shirt looks like because of the glare! Excuse me while I find out where my sides went.

Mar 03, 2014 at 09:21AM EST

Okay, I know it’s pointless to question the evolutionary logic of a kid’s cartoon, but how the hell did these things pass the test of natural selection?

So these dopey creatures

1) Can’t fly on their own and have no natural defenses
2) Can get their shit wrecked by a passing leaf
3) Look delicious as fuck

And they’re still around to do…whatever the fuck it is they do with that pollen? Yeah no. If I saw these things floating around my neighborhood, I’d get a big net, capture a few legions of the motherfuckers, coat them with a sugar/cinnamon mix, and fry them up like churros. Those manes and wings look like they taste like cotton candy, and I bet the bodies have a satisfying crunch to them.

Last edited Mar 03, 2014 at 10:19AM EST
Mar 03, 2014 at 10:15AM EST

@ Fifths
I fully agree with the logic of eating them. And of how puny they are compared to acorns and bees. But they’d probably taste more like grilled cockroaches than chicken… or worse… these f*ckers…

@ Crimson
If you also look closely when she becomes a Breezy, she’ll once again admire her wings as she did in Sonic Rainboom.

@ Blue/Jimmy
Belated Birthday Wishes to you both! For Jimmy, I present thee…

Because of your Vinyl love.

And to Blue, I present to thee…

Because of your affection to Steam and Lyra.

Mar 03, 2014 at 12:27PM EST

Haven’t really been able to keep up with this thread much for the past couple of weeks, but I did watch the last couple of episodes.

Honestly I thought the Breezies were okay (and pretty damn cute), but the way they made the leaf entering their flight path SOOO DRAMATIC and how it actually messed everything up just struck me as really, really stupid. But I enjoyed the brief adventuring, seeing the mane 6 as Breezies and Sea Breeze’s character (what a fukken hard ass).

You just know at this point he was spouting off all the swear words he knew in Breezy speak. Anyways yeah, I have to agree it was a bit meh for a key episode. But still enjoyable enough.

Now for Twilight Time. I have absolutely nothing against the CMC but I generally don’t enjoy their episodes, so I may have ended up skipping this one if I didn’t see all the screencaps of Twilight’s burger munching madness.

That was pretty great. I’d say this one was even a little different than the other “Diamond Tiara And Sliver Spoon are assholes and the CMC still can’t get ahead in life” episodes because It’s like the CMC are on the right track now; trying to git gud in specific fields instead of doing stunts in montages. (though I’m not sure how Scootaloo doesn’t have a cutie mark for scooter tricks yet).

Last edited Mar 03, 2014 at 01:30PM EST
Mar 03, 2014 at 01:28PM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Jimmy

Happy birthday man!

It’s my birthday too (Or rather it’s tomorrow for you guys because it’s not March 3 over there yet)

We can be birthday neighbors!

Aww, just neighbors? Happy birthday, anyway.

Mar 03, 2014 at 03:57PM EST

Fifths wrote:

Okay, I know it’s pointless to question the evolutionary logic of a kid’s cartoon, but how the hell did these things pass the test of natural selection?

So these dopey creatures

And they’re still around to do…whatever the fuck it is they do with that pollen? Yeah no. If I saw these things floating around my neighborhood, I’d get a big net, capture a few legions of the motherfuckers, coat them with a sugar/cinnamon mix, and fry them up like churros. Those manes and wings look like they taste like cotton candy, and I bet the bodies have a satisfying crunch to them.

A flock of why.
Just why do they exist.

It looks like a mad scientist just merged a butterfly, a pony and a Daddy Longlegs together and thought it would be nice. But why should I complain?

Seemed like an interesting episode.

Last edited Mar 03, 2014 at 06:39PM EST
Mar 03, 2014 at 06:37PM EST
It looks like a mad scientist just merged a butterfly, a pony and a Daddy Longlegs together and thought it would be nice.

Well, now we know what goes on behind closed doors at Hasbro!

Mar 03, 2014 at 07:08PM EST

@Fifths
>natural selection
>ponies have to manually produce wind to knock the leaves off of trees

I think evolution said “fuck this” to Equestria’s world long ago.

If you want a bit more serious answer, it appears that they’re inter-dimensional. Their “native” source of pollen must have been depleted/gone extinct, so instead of the species completely imploding, they popped open an ad hoc portal and started tapping Equestria’s supply.

Ooh, new headcanon: The Breezies are actually a parasitic species that deplete a world’s supply of the pollen, rendering extinct the species that produces it. They must then move from dimension to dimension like a plague of locusts in search of new pollen sources. It’s why they wanted to remain in Equestria. For the first time in a long time, they found a dimension that was perfectly docile, as opposed to the more hostile dimensions they previously visited. Sea Breeze knew that Equestria’s supply of the pollen would go extinct and kill them all, which was the real reason he wanted to get back.

Last edited Mar 03, 2014 at 07:15PM EST
Mar 03, 2014 at 07:14PM EST

CrashGordon94 wrote:

It looks like a mad scientist just merged a butterfly, a pony and a Daddy Longlegs together and thought it would be nice.

Well, now we know what goes on behind closed doors at Hasbro!

I decided to become a Bond villain a few hours ago. How will I do this? GIVE THE ENTIRE INTERNET A SIMULTANEOUS HEART ATTACK!

Mar 03, 2014 at 07:18PM EST

I just finished watching the episode, and I thought it was really good. It had a nice lesson, and the Breezies were really cute. Dunno why some of you disliked it.

Fifths said:

How the hell did these things pass the test of natural selection?

That was probably the only thing that annoyed me about the episode. The Breezies don’t seem like a species that would last very long outside of their world, much less being able to travel all the way to Equestria and back.
@Jimmy and BSoD
Happy Birthday!

Last edited Mar 03, 2014 at 07:21PM EST
Mar 03, 2014 at 07:18PM EST

Well, we all know how silly it is to discuss stuff like evolution and natural selection in this ‘verse but putting that aside…
Maybe it’s a high reproductive rate? Lots of them get killed and such but they make so many kids that they carry on essentially by Zerg Rush. I’m not Biologist but I think some insects work this way, feel free to correct me if I’m talking nonsense though.

Mar 03, 2014 at 07:31PM EST

@Crimson

Amidst all this talk about episode flaws and breezies and birthdays I completely forgot to mention how funny Rarity was in this episode

Yay! I wasn’t the only one to notice! Rarity was great in this episode.

@Mark

Because of your affection to Steam and Lyra.

Haha, you know me too well.

@Fifths

So these dopey creatures

You could say the same about fruit flies, yet for some reason those damn things aren’t extinct yet.

The explanation for all this? Good o’l fashioned fucking. I bet a single Breezie can hatch about 1000 eggs on one rotten apple

Mar 03, 2014 at 11:52PM EST

Do we have anypony who can translate these damn pixiv images? I love them, but I can’t read them. >:3

Last edited Mar 04, 2014 at 12:39AM EST
Mar 04, 2014 at 12:34AM EST

@Rarity
What are you guys talking about?
I don’t even remember seeing Rarity in this episode!

Then again, I think my retinas may have detached somewhere early on so that could be why…

@Breezie-volution
For another slightly darker take on these little guys, following from the fruit fly discussion, I did find it weird that they were talking about ‘never seeing their families again’ if they missed the portal, yet Fluttershy knew all about them and it’s not like pollen only needs to be moved around once ever.
Thus, Breezies must be a regular event in Equestria, probably annually with the spring, so the portal they travel through must also open from time to time and not just be a singular event.
The fact that missing the portal means never seeing their families again and not simply being separated for a while implies that Breezies probably have very short life spans.
It’s not that the portal won’t ever reopen, it’s that they will all be dead by the time that happens!

More Doctor Who stuff that someone pointed out:

The Doctor wearing his 3D glasses is a huge reference, but it could go even deeper.
In Doctor Who, the reason he was wearing those glasses was because they allowed him to see ‘void stuff’ which was essentially residual energy left on people and creatures that had crossed between dimensions.
And now his pony version is wearing them in an episode all about creatures who arrive in Equestria by way of some kind of crazy portal.
Could easily just be a coincidence, but if the person who added The Doctor and Rose to this episode was actually thinking of that connection, bravo!
You win a few extra nerd points!

Mar 04, 2014 at 01:08AM EST

@Breezie life spans

There’s actually a fair amount of evidence that their passage isn’t an annual thing: only Fluttershy, the resident animal expert, seemed to know anything about them. Mr. Cake needed to be the episode’s exposition fairy, the pegusai were clearly working by Fluttershy’s direction and lacked any kind of formalized plan or even basic experience with this sort of thing, and when Fluttershy began acting strangely nobody knew enough to notice. Heck, I don’t even think Twilight – the nerdiest of the nerds – knew the language, and most of what Fluttershy knew seemed to derive in part from that special research trip she took earlier. Furthermore, Twilight even says that her spell comes from a book in the old hasn’t-been-entered-in-1000-years castle, meaning that it probably isn’t in any recent books. Finally, the details of Fluttershy’s trip – specifically, that she was gone for a few days and had to take a train – indicate that the migration spans a great distance from start to finish, and over terrain that is very dangerous: if the Breezies did it a lot, you’d think that they would be better prepared for it.

My hypothesis is that the migration is a regular enough event that certain ponies like Fluttershy, who specifically study strange creatures, know about it and are able to secure some kind of research funding to do more research, but it only happens once in a great while. So when it does happen, the ponies in the know are able to prepare and take all the necessary steps, but everyone else needs to have the whole bit explained to them as if it had never happened before.

I wonder, though, what implications this episode might have for the question of what Fluttershy’s “job” or source of income is. From “Filli Vanilli,” it looked like she was running some kind of animal rescue operation, maybe something analogous to the humane Society, but now it looks like she is also qualified to go on research trips that, from the earlier episode, necessitate some sort of official approval. Is she a zoologist, perhaps? Running the animal shelter with her skills while occasionally doing research – like a pony Jane Goodall? She did mention in this episode that she knows a lot of animal languages, so she has clearly done a fair share of research. We might even speculate that Fluttershy is second only to Twilight in terms of intelligence and education. And we thought she was just an “animal lover”!

Mar 04, 2014 at 01:22AM EST

Fifths wrote:

So these dopey creatures

What is it with you and cute things? First you want to jack off non-sexually to them now you want to eat them? Who else but Fifths?

Oh also……

*WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW KYM?!

Last edited Mar 04, 2014 at 12:57PM EST
Mar 04, 2014 at 12:48PM EST

@Natural selection of Breezies

Well… For the most part, they don’t live in equestria, and I’m guessing they technically don’t “need” to leave their home as far as I can tell. It’s possible that Breezies choosing to go out and gather pollen is for scientific purposes and agricultural enrichment of their existing crops.

…meaning they don’t really need to adapt to equestria, it’s not their native environment.

That said, imagine if a colony of Breezies got trapped in Equestria for an extended period of time. They might evolve completely differently to compensate, such as muscle mass or new magical applications. Such that an Equestra born Breezie cousin may be able to fly in Equestria’s wind conditions on their own as well as maybe create self defenseive techniques such as electric shocks.

In the end though… Its highly likely that they’d rather find a nice big city and find protection amoung larger species of pony. Probably working accounting and management, maybe a librarian. Basically Navi from Legend of Zelda with a paycheck. Which would be an easy way of keeping their population stable enough for evolution to have a chance.

What I want to know is; what would happen if a Breezie has kids with a larger breed of pony?

Then again… All this leads one to asking if changlings might be their distant cousins. Though I suppose they probably wouldn’t be their only cousin species if they were, since I expect that symbiotic offshoots and parasitic offshoots are relatively both as evolutionarily valid.

Which leads me to think there’s some kind of elf or nymph pony or something out there, an offshoot that contrasts with changelings by being relatively benevolent in comparison.

… The possibilities!

Mar 04, 2014 at 05:31PM EST

Continuing my Weird Science theme I got going:

What are your thoughts on this, guys? I think it’s pretty cool for one, even though it’s like something a coked-up Stu would make. Also, dose names.

Mar 04, 2014 at 06:53PM EST

@EqG3: Good god! Run for the hills now! I have a nuclear bunker that we should be safe in for the next…forever! GAAAAAAAH!

@Jimmy: I already told you my thoughts on it almost 2 weeks ago. lol.

But lol at that “AppleDash.” This will take shipping to a whole new level.

Also:

Recognize that voice? Yep, That’s Cathy Weseluck playing “Rarity.” So in other words, Spike went from being Rartiy to being Rarity’s admirer. lol.

Last edited Mar 04, 2014 at 07:46PM EST
Mar 04, 2014 at 07:34PM EST

@Cutie Master’s pixiv images
Darn, I wish I could! But the only language I know besides English is Mandarin…
Maybe you should ask someone like mona_jpn

Also, a cute Derpy gif!

Mar 04, 2014 at 08:18PM EST

Lunar Protege said:

That said, imagine if a colony of Breezies got trapped in Equestria for an extended period of time. They might evolve completely differently to compensate, such as muscle mass or new magical applications

They’d probably grow larger to adapt to the terrain and environment and would have to develop new defense mechanisms to compensate, perhaps using their magic to mimic the behavior of other creatures in order to most efficiently hide themselves. Over time, they’d probably have to start compensating for the pollen as their population grows and supplies run thin by using some other form of reproductive energy to survive on. They’d more than likely develop some form of hierarchy with a supreme authority in charge to oversee them. Eventually, they’d forget their past and focus solely on their future. On their needs. On their hive.

Why can’t I contain all these headcanons?

@Jimmy Lethal
>AppleDash
>FlutterPie
>RainbowJack

Hasbro confirmed for fucking with us. I’m not joking, either. What are the chances they’d use the exact shipping names?

>yfw Hasbro trademarks the shipping names

Mar 04, 2014 at 08:54PM EST

xTGSx Said:

They’d probably grow larger to adapt to the terrain and environment and would have to develop new defense mechanisms to compensate, perhaps using their magic to mimic the behavior of other creatures in order to most efficiently hide themselves. Over time, they’d probably have to start compensating for the pollen as their population grows and supplies run thin by using some other form of reproductive energy to survive on. They’d more than likely develop some form of hierarchy with a supreme authority in charge to oversee them. Eventually, they’d forget their past and focus solely on their future. On their needs. On their hive.

I said:

Then again… All this leads one to asking if changlings might be their distant cousins. Though I suppose they probably wouldn’t be their only cousin species if they were, since I expect that symbiotic offshoots and parasitic offshoots are relatively both as evolutionarily valid.

Just pointing out I did aknowledge that possibility for the record, though I also suggested that they aren’t the only offshoot.

Seriously, in nature, there’s rarely just ONE evolutionary offshoot. Usually there’s half a dozen. (such as how house cats are offshoots of tigers, lions, cheetahs, pumas, pathers, leopards, bobcats, and others.)

Mar 04, 2014 at 09:56PM EST

@Breezie evolution

As much as I enjoy having kicked off a discussion, I was hoping you guys would run less with my evolution point and more with my ‘cooking breezies’ point. Come on, let’s start kicking around some recipes! After all, Breezies are the fruits of the fairies.

You can barbeque them
Boil them
Broil them
Bake them
Saute them

There’s Breezie kebabs
Breezie creole
Breezie gumbo
Pan-fry
Deep-fry
Stir-fry
Pineapple Breezie
Lemon Breezie
Coconut Breezie
Pepper Breezie

Breezie soup
Breezie stew
Breezie salad
Breezie and potatoes
Breezie burger
Breezie sandwich

That’s…that’s about it.

Last edited Mar 04, 2014 at 11:34PM EST
Mar 04, 2014 at 11:32PM EST

Fifths wrote:

@Breezie evolution

As much as I enjoy having kicked off a discussion, I was hoping you guys would run less with my evolution point and more with my ‘cooking breezies’ point. Come on, let’s start kicking around some recipes! After all, Breezies are the fruits of the fairies.

You can barbeque them
Boil them
Broil them
Bake them
Saute them

There’s Breezie kebabs
Breezie creole
Breezie gumbo
Pan-fry
Deep-fry
Stir-fry
Pineapple Breezie
Lemon Breezie
Coconut Breezie
Pepper Breezie

Breezie soup
Breezie stew
Breezie salad
Breezie and potatoes
Breezie burger
Breezie sandwich

That’s…that’s about it.

They look like they’d go great with Bourbon, and Bacon strips, and bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips.

Mar 05, 2014 at 12:04AM EST

@Lunar

It’s possible that Breezies choosing to go out and gather pollen is for scientific purposes and agricultural enrichment of their existing crops.

I’m liking where you are going with this. I’m going to add it to my headcannon that the Breezies only rarely enter equestria as an expedition force to collect extra resources for their own colonies. They don’t need to do this often and they don’t really play a significant role in the ecosystem of Equestria.

They can have an influence while they are there and act as a temporary boon, but the equestrian ecosystem isn’t dependent on it. That should explain a few things about why nobody knew about them

They have their own world beyond that portal in which they thrive and do not face any of the dangers of Equestria. As long as they are there in that safe dimension, they’ll survive. But I doubt they would last long to evolve into anything if they spent more than a week in Equestria and Seabreeze seemed to know that

What I want to know is; what would happen if a Breezie has kids with a larger breed of pony?

You’ve probably seen that R34 image where Seabreeze attempts to have sex with Fluttershy…even though he’s small enough to put his whole body in there.

Funniest. Porn. Ever.

Just imagine Seabreeze trying to talk like a pimp while he does it in his silly little accent while fluttershy doesn’t feel a damned thing. Hahahaha.

Yea, nothing would happen at all. Totally not possible. While interesting to all the macro/micro fetishists out there, the physical barriers to procreation here are too great. But if you do manage a Breezie/pony hybrid through artificial egg splicing or whatever, maybe you’ll get the G3 Breezies

@this thing

I always wanted to build my own ship when I was a kid

This damn generation gets it too easy.

@Fifths

Come on, let’s start kicking around some recipes! After all, Breezies are the fruits of the fairies.

They’d be great on a stir fry! You could use them as a good alternative to shrimp. Just throw in some beans, cashews and glass noodles. Pour over some teryaki and soy and you’re golden!

Last edited Mar 05, 2014 at 12:45AM EST
Mar 05, 2014 at 12:45AM EST

I think there’s one more question we all should ask about breezies…

Is Sea Breeze legit male… or that other kind of guy?

… Which is to say transgender.

We are still having trouble telling the sex of breezies apart, so that’s something we can ask ourselves… In that we might not have seen a breezie that is biologically male yet.

Mar 05, 2014 at 02:28AM EST
They look like they’d go great with Bourbon, and Bacon strips, and bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips.

That’s about all I have to say regarding all this right now, but I couldn’t resist!

Mar 05, 2014 at 02:31AM EST

Muffinlicious the Trixie Fan wrote:

@Cutie Master’s pixiv images
Darn, I wish I could! But the only language I know besides English is Mandarin…
Maybe you should ask someone like mona_jpn

Also, a cute Derpy gif!

I approve of every aspect of this post.

@Breezie gender
Did you guys ever think that maybe the way to tell a male and female Breezie apart was to… you know, check to see what their tiny little Breezie parts are?

But really, I don’t think there’s supposed to be a way to tell them apart at this point. I thought that it had something to do with eye shape but they sorta dropped that theory when they transformed the Mane 6, so until we get another male Breezie, we can just assume that they all look pretty feminine (though I did see one theory that they’re all asexual and they just get to be whatever they feel like. I’m… okay with this theory. But only just.)

Oh, and no, Lunar, I don’t think Seabreeze is transgender. The only evidence for that theory is that he looks like a lady, but he doesn’t look any more like a lady than the other breezies shown, and it’s unlikely that every one of them was female. Unless they have a bee situation going on here and only the females can be workers, but then why would they let a male be the leader, even if they are a transgender one?

By the way, anyone else remember this guy?

I’m going to assume from this point on that Mr. Breezy discovered the Breezies, named them after himself and got into the fan business so that he could create wind to help them carry their pollen. Then he realized that pegasi can create wind much better than he ever could and his life work went down the drain.

Mar 05, 2014 at 03:48AM EST

@Fifths
>2014
>wanting to eat disgusting insect wings and chitin

I don’t care if it tastes like cotton candy, the texture would be horrifying.

Blue Screen said:

Yea, nothing would happen at all. Totally not possible.

Since whee has that ever stopped a fetish, or plain old ordainary porn for that matter? Suspension of Disbelief isn’t exactly something highly regarded in the r34 genre.

To be fair, we know nothing of pony genetics. There’s every possibility ponies or breezies possess an “adapter” for those micro/macro fans or anal/vaginal vore (yes, to my eternal horror, that is actually a thing that I had the displeasure of learning about one day) folks out there to enjoy the hybrids.

And now, to try and purge your mind from the mental images that preceding paragraph formed, have a fun fact: while studying for a history quiz, I learned what the official name for Verbose’s Patented Insanity Election System is called, it’s the condorcet method and Verbose may have been driven insane not by Advance’s shenanigns, but by a voting paradox . Better watch out, Blue Screen. I can feel the Thread Title Shitstorm Depression starting to form off the coast of Africa.

Last edited Mar 05, 2014 at 05:58AM EST
Mar 05, 2014 at 05:57AM EST

@TSG

Better watch out, Blue Screen. I can feel the Thread Title Shitstorm Depression starting to form off the coast of Africa.

Keep telling yourself that. I’m unbreakable

Mar 05, 2014 at 06:51AM EST

I don’t know about you guys, but I think Breezies would be great beer-batterd and deep fried. Would be nice carnival fare.

So, I don’t think I’ve mentioned before in this thread, but I am planning on doing a cosplay of Fluttershy at the gala with (hopefully) other people as the rest of the mane 6. I’m mentioning this now because my spring break is next week and that’s my big chance to get as much work on the cosplay as possible done before everything gets busy and hectic for me again. So yeah, I’ll be sure to post a couple of update pictures throughout the week. My main goal is to have the dress done by the end of next week, with accessories and whatnot being something I can work on throughout the summer, and hopefully having the whole thing done by Halloween.

Last edited Mar 05, 2014 at 09:11AM EST
Mar 05, 2014 at 08:43AM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

I don’t know about you guys, but I think Breezies would be great beer-batterd and deep fried. Would be nice carnival fare.

So, I don’t think I’ve mentioned before in this thread, but I am planning on doing a cosplay of Fluttershy at the gala with (hopefully) other people as the rest of the mane 6. I’m mentioning this now because my spring break is next week and that’s my big chance to get as much work on the cosplay as possible done before everything gets busy and hectic for me again. So yeah, I’ll be sure to post a couple of update pictures throughout the week. My main goal is to have the dress done by the end of next week, with accessories and whatnot being something I can work on throughout the summer, and hopefully having the whole thing done by Halloween.

>implying that someone can eat a sentient being without disgust/repulsion.
>implying that someone can fry a sentient being without disgust/repulsion.
>implying that someone can catch enough of them to satiate his hunger(Bear Grills pun needed).
>implying that they’re going to just sit down and wait to be catched.
>Implying that they do not taste like some grasshopper.

Mar 05, 2014 at 09:09AM EST

Lunar Protege wrote:

I think there’s one more question we all should ask about breezies…

Is Sea Breeze legit male… or that other kind of guy?

… Which is to say transgender.

We are still having trouble telling the sex of breezies apart, so that’s something we can ask ourselves… In that we might not have seen a breezie that is biologically male yet.

Mar 05, 2014 at 12:12PM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@TSG

Better watch out, Blue Screen. I can feel the Thread Title Shitstorm Depression starting to form off the coast of Africa.

That’s what several mods before you have said. Just be careful BSoD.

Mar 05, 2014 at 02:58PM EST

Disturbed B wrote:

@Torturing BSoD: Just… a… little… more… so let’s make a comparison.

What if the Mystery Box of Plot Importance ends up like a little something we all know?

Mar 05, 2014 at 03:56PM EST

Well, judging from the new toyline coming out Special Box will have more of an importance than The Pokeball the writers forgot about over a decade ago.

Mar 05, 2014 at 04:23PM EST

Blue Screen said:

They all say that. Verbose was an unshakable foundation with his 1,500 character posts, and look what IRL the Thread Title Election wrought? I can’t remember the last time he had to break his text into separate posts due to length. Entropy dictates everything eventually breaks. The only questions are what causes it and when?

Crimson Locks said:

I don’t know about you guys, but I think Breezies would be great beer-batterd and deep fried.

Everything’s great beer-battered and deep fried. It’s one of the few Universal Laws of Food. Brussels sprouts, liver and onions, haggis--you name it.

@Gnarl, Onik Aar.
>2014
>thinking “sentient” is the same thing as “sapient”

Your shiggy is showing.

Jimmy Lethal said:

Damn it, Jimmy. Why must you rustle my jim jams and remind me of the Goldman Sachs Ball? I had completely forgotten about it and the never ending hell that was Johto.

Fun fact: originally, there was going to be a Celebi in the Goldman Sachs Ball, but since they decided to do a cliche time travel plot for Pokemon 4ever using a Celebi, the entire story arc with it was scrapped because it would be “redundant.” God forbid they use a pokemon more than once for something. Can’t have that when Nintendo has to whore out as many new pokemon as they can.

I remember the old /mlp/ theory that they’d only get one key per season and would drag it out for a decade. I would have loved it if they had done that. It would have pissed me off so much.

What if, inside of the box, there’s a slightly smaller box with six different keyholes?

Mar 05, 2014 at 07:15PM EST

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

Do we have anypony who can translate these damn pixiv images? I love them, but I can’t read them. >:3

Wah-ha-ha! Mona translated them today!

- かつん かつん: Plock, Plock (it’s just an onomatopoeia.)
- 見てみてシャイン 私もメガシンカしたのよ: Look, Shine. I has mega evolved.
- なにソレこわい。: What? It’s so scary.

Also, We Love Fine is teasing this image:

I got the second one (Awl Power+Full Trix+E) but the first panel is getting me. (___ Twilight Sparkle).

Lastly, some rumors are going around that Ponies are coming to McDonalds again soon. This doesn’t surprise me because the last time this happened was March 2012 and before that was early 2011, and they obviously did well then. We’ll see when it happens, but my bet is on the First of next month. Here’s a rumored toy from the set:

This is going to be a VERY popular set if this is true (which it matches the style of non-bushie-able mane, brushie-able tail from the past sets). I wonder if this means we’ll have a chance of getting a Derpy figure! :3

Last edited Mar 06, 2014 at 11:34AM EST
Mar 06, 2014 at 11:30AM EST

@The Cutie Booty :3
Well, that picture is of a mum, or as some plebeian non-kiwis say, a “Ma.” So “-ture” Twilight Sparkle.

The other picture is of a fire saying the French word “oui”. So that, uh… that means, like, French fire which you could say represents the plebeian non-Kiwi word for chips, “French Fry”… and this… uh… carry t-the two and… oh I don’t know.

F you, ture Twlight Sparkle.

Mar 06, 2014 at 01:47PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!