Forums / Discussion / General

168,606 total conversations in 5,401 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9944 posts from 165 users

Kung Fu Crayons wrote:

Off topic what about Jan Animations being able to repost 2 videos? I heard he talked to hasbro about it and they let him put em up. Any other information other than that or how this effects the fandom?

↑ Don’t think it effects anything atm. I think they let him have back DMaN because it was set in a different universe from the MLP one for the most part, and they own the images of SB and Button, but I doubt it would be fruitful for them to try and defend that in a court of law since it wasn’t strictly set in their universe. (That’s probably how MAD gets away with it. The whole “Parody mashup” concept probably defends it.) The other videos are probably still screwed because they are clearly based on the entire FiM concept. The only hopes of getting them back that he might have is if Hasbro would somehow let him license them, but I doubt he’d pay for a license no matter how cheap they’d make it because they’d undoubtedly have to review and censor parts of the Button Mash Adventures and other videos and what artist would want that?

So, how about the new album?

link

I kinda wanna buy it, but I don’t want to but -sh-it from Apple. I wish they’d make a physical CD version of both soundtracks, but I’ll probably just wait until they release it on Amazon since I have a decent Amazon mp3 library. Although you know what the best part about the album is???
EXTENDED VERSIONS OF MAKE A WISH, FIND A WAY, AND THAT MLP THEME THAT HAD REALLY CHEESY PUNS!!!
lol. Okay, I probably went a little overboard there, but I was curious if Daniel had an extended version of MaW and…and…YAY!

Edit: Page get. Pinkie declares we make a wish and throw a party!

Last edited Apr 22, 2014 at 09:49PM EDT
Apr 22, 2014 at 09:41PM EDT

↑ Ponies & TF2 just go so well together. I kinda miss my mods. For some reason I think TF2 changed the file structure and all of my mods stopped working. I need to get them reinstalled again.

Also, this…

When did I miss this? It is listed on amazon and iTunes under Daniel’s music, yet it says feat. Archie & Danielkon. That’s pretty buckin awesome. Archie is one of da best and the fact this is somewhat official makes it at least 20% cooler.

Last edited Apr 23, 2014 at 04:37AM EDT
Apr 23, 2014 at 04:37AM EDT

Muffinlicious #1 Drpepperfan Fan wrote:

So, for anyone who cares, BABScon ended yesterday, and it was awesome! They featured a lot of different artists/brony celebrities there, including people like KashiiPanda, Pikapetey, Yaplap, dustykatt, and even Andrew Price!

(Sorry for my shitty photography)

Anyways, back on topic
@Sparity
Related gif:

So…
I just found this:

Anything you’d like to say, Muffinlicious?

Also in the pile of ‘stuff I conveniently came across at an appropriate time,’ my birthday is this Friday and I just found this from one of my favorite Scootaloo artists:

I laugh at the joke, I cry at the reality…
Scootaloo, why are you so harsh?

@Crash
On cutie marks, I think most people have been there.
I remember not even being able to say the phrase because it felt just soooo ‘girly.’
It’s almost surprising how accustomed you get to it though after a while.
Now I hear and say ‘cutie mark’ without a second thought.

At the origins of ‘egghead,’ yep, that was it.
And, as I recall, it almost got cut.
I guess Hasbro was originally worried that it was too much of an insult for the traditionally ‘non-offensive’ ponies to be throwing around, especially toward friends.
Lauren apparently had to put up a bit of a fight to keep it in.
Just a random bit of trivia.

For Twilight’s awkward insertion into episodes, that’s pretty much how the first season worked.
Because of the ‘friendship report’ mandate built into every episode, it meant that Twilight had to somehow be involved in every single adventure, even if the story could have probably flowed better without her.
Stare Master coming up later in the season is, in my opinion, the biggest offender in this area.
All is well once season two starts though, as that requirement is quickly removed.
No longer does Twilight have to be shoehorned into an episode in which she doesn’t really belong.
It lets scripts be more focused and coherent which is generally better all around.

Hey, I just realized that the season finale is in three weeks!
Is everyone ready to party?!

Nope!
Because I also just realized that I have to go to a wedding in three weeks so I won’t be here for pony!
Damn it…
Have fun without me, everyone.

Apr 23, 2014 at 06:07AM EDT

Deadparrot’s birthday? SWEET! Presents for us! Gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie!

Apr 23, 2014 at 03:08PM EDT

XTR09 the Espurr wrote:

Oh look, I done a thing:

Seriously, Trade Ya really is Trade Fortress 2 in a shellnut.

Yeah I pretty much agree with you on that just one thing was left out. This Also Im not the only one who thought of this

Apr 23, 2014 at 03:12PM EDT

@ New Episode
Am I the only one that realized as soon as Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy story at the trading server (I mean Fair) is literally an episode from Ed, Edd, n Eddy?

When they wanted to make an omelet but they have no Eggs, So they go to Rolf, He wants Sawdust, after they heard Kevin has Sawdust, He wants them to paint his shed, but they don’t have paint, so they go to Jimmy, and he wants Clams, They see that Johnny got a bucket full of Clams from the Sewers, and they try to get them, But Johnny wants an Anchor. After a failed attempt to steal a anchor from the Kanker Sisters, They go back to Johnny, and he says that Plank wants a Tennis or Badminton racket.

So they try to go to Sarah, while see’s using it in a match with Nazz. She’ll give them the Racket if they can find get her a Giant Teddy Bear. So of course they go BACK to Jimmy, and he wants Plums. So after all that, They go back to Rolf since he has plums, but they don’t know what to give him to exchange for the plums, until Ed, pulls out a YoYo, and Rolf is amused by it. So after all that, they are able to give such items to the people who wanted them and/or Service. and they go back to get the egg from Rolf. Yes. I remembered all of that by heart, because I fucking love that show so much.

I’m not sure if anyone else has done such an episode like that, only MLP and EEnE I’ve seen so far. The Episode was good an all, though Clearly the only two things that really mattered was Pinkie and Twilight’s, and Fluttershy and RD’s story at the Trading place. Rarity and Applejack’s was just there, just to keep them busy. But yea…… Ed Edd n Eddy…..

Apr 23, 2014 at 08:47PM EDT

Hey… So I finished planning out all the panels of the next arc of Sburb Ponies… And let me tell you… That took a while… Like… Several months… The entire thing seems to have 64 panels, even with what seems to be a fairly hastily rushed finish. If it weren’t for the fact its literally the first action arc which means it “should” be less lengthy than other arcs.

Now to start doing sketches… And showing sketches that I’ve done.

For some reason… The first five or so were already sketched (bar one stylistic mistake I made early on) so these are technically several month old images.

So… I’ll just put them here while I work on finishing sketching the next few… Or maybe sleeping… Whichever comes first.

Apr 24, 2014 at 12:33AM EDT

Tyler Bowman wrote:

@ New Episode
Am I the only one that realized as soon as Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy story at the trading server (I mean Fair) is literally an episode from Ed, Edd, n Eddy?

When they wanted to make an omelet but they have no Eggs, So they go to Rolf, He wants Sawdust, after they heard Kevin has Sawdust, He wants them to paint his shed, but they don’t have paint, so they go to Jimmy, and he wants Clams, They see that Johnny got a bucket full of Clams from the Sewers, and they try to get them, But Johnny wants an Anchor. After a failed attempt to steal a anchor from the Kanker Sisters, They go back to Johnny, and he says that Plank wants a Tennis or Badminton racket.

So they try to go to Sarah, while see’s using it in a match with Nazz. She’ll give them the Racket if they can find get her a Giant Teddy Bear. So of course they go BACK to Jimmy, and he wants Plums. So after all that, They go back to Rolf since he has plums, but they don’t know what to give him to exchange for the plums, until Ed, pulls out a YoYo, and Rolf is amused by it. So after all that, they are able to give such items to the people who wanted them and/or Service. and they go back to get the egg from Rolf. Yes. I remembered all of that by heart, because I fucking love that show so much.

I’m not sure if anyone else has done such an episode like that, only MLP and EEnE I’ve seen so far. The Episode was good an all, though Clearly the only two things that really mattered was Pinkie and Twilight’s, and Fluttershy and RD’s story at the Trading place. Rarity and Applejack’s was just there, just to keep them busy. But yea…… Ed Edd n Eddy…..

Apr 24, 2014 at 12:46AM EDT

Remember The Hub tweeted the “biggest” threat of Equestria for Season 4’s finale?
Well:

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:12AM EDT

Well I finally caught up to pony after being absent for 3 weeks due to school related madness.
It’s a sad day when you end up so busy that you don’t have any time for pony. It was kinda annoying having to actively avoid the thread and gallery to avoid spoilers. Oh well, it feels good to be back and hopefully I’ll actually be here to enjoy and discuss the new episode tomorrow.

Apr 25, 2014 at 02:54PM EDT

Harshwhinny wrote:

Hey guys, have you heard?

Woo! Happy birthday! In his honour, I declare this a Scootaloo page!

Apr 25, 2014 at 05:04PM EDT

Happy B-day DP!

No cider then? Guess you’ll have to settle for a milkshake!

@smooze
All hail lord smooze!

(OMG. If they actually did that I would laugh my ass off. I didn’t realize that was a previous gen reference in FiM until like just now.)

Last edited Apr 25, 2014 at 07:24PM EDT
Apr 25, 2014 at 07:21PM EDT

Birthday wishes to you DP!

Anyway, since you guy are interested in TF2/MLP crossovers, here’s a video of a bunch of bronies and anti-bronies arguing in a server, with a help of their moderator, Merasmus.

Apr 25, 2014 at 07:28PM EDT

Deadparrot’s Birthday! You know, I’d be pretty disappointed if everyone DIDN’T make this a Scootaloo thread. I mean, who can hate….
BEST CMC

Don’t worry DP, if I weren’t a cheap bastard I’d buy you a Scootaloo merch but…..I think you have 99.99% of the Scootaloo Merchandise out there. But that’s probably just because the last bit of Scoots Merchandise out there is probably a Fleshlight that just…..just isn’t right.

Apr 25, 2014 at 08:58PM EDT

Best pony. Best user. Best wishes.

Happy birthday, Master Parrot.

Apr 25, 2014 at 09:58PM EDT

Well damn. We just got shown up. All we did is post pics. TV made a whole song. You win.

Last edited Apr 25, 2014 at 10:26PM EDT
Apr 25, 2014 at 10:25PM EDT

I’d hate to spoil the mood here, guys. But can we move birthday celebrations to the users wall? We all love DP, but he’s still not pony related.

But by all means continue with a scootaloo thread

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:30AM EDT

↑ You mean DeadParrot hasn’t become a pony yet with the shear number of plushies he’s collected? psh! I became a pony and got my cutie mark all within a year!

In other news, I got distracted and wound up editing the largely neglected DJ Pon-3 page. Put nearly 2 hours and 23 edits into it. Go check it out again. Woohoo!

(see what I did there? Tied it in to the scoots thread. :3)

Last edited Apr 26, 2014 at 01:11AM EDT
Apr 26, 2014 at 12:48AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I’d hate to spoil the mood here, guys. But can we move birthday celebrations to the users wall? We all love DP, but he’s still not pony related.

But by all means continue with a scootaloo thread

Wait…..DeadParrot isn’t Pony related? Even when he jumps into his mountain of Pony plushies? Or those days when he straps all his Plushies to his body and takes to the streets as the elusive Superhero Ponyman?……Okay I may be projecting on that last one but it still counts.

Apr 26, 2014 at 01:14AM EDT

>Long-ass day at work
>Haircut immediately after getting home
>Dinner right after that
>Fall asleep on couch
>Finally wake up at nearly midnight
>See thread

Thanks so much, guys!
I honestly never really do much for my birthdays so it feels weird to get so much attention, but it really is appreciated!
And any excuse for a Scootaloo thread is fine by me!

@Crazy
I’ve never been in a gif before!
Yay!

@TVpenguin555 (What’s up with the name change?)
… and I’ve definitely never been in a song before!
Thanks a ton, man!

Anyway, back on topic…
This is a pony thread after all soooooooo…

How about some ponies?!

Following in the ancient traditions that have been going on since the times of our forefathers one whole year ago, I want to give away some pony!
I’d been trying to come up with an idea for some kind of contest or sweepstakes thing like I did last year, but since everyone here was so spontaneously nice, screw the complexity.

It is right around midnight PST right now so…

For the next 24 hours, I will send one Build-A-Bear pony to anyone who drops me a note!

Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Spike, Sweetie Belle, or Scootaloo (BEST CHOICE).
Obviously you will need to be okay with providing me a shipping address, but that’s it.
Ponies, hot off the presses and delivered straight to your door, all for the low, low price of a private message!
(And not even a private massage! Though you can give me one of those if you want, too!)

I hope I don’t have to say ‘Please don’t take advantage of this.’
One pony per person, and I should at least recognize you as a poster here, though you certainly don’t need to be a major regular.
I just don’t want to get hit with 50 requests from people who I have never heard of before all trying to get free stuff.

LASER APPRECIATION!

Now with those floodgates opened…
I think i need to go off and contemplate the last year…

Yeah, that about sums it up.
ONWARD TO ANOTHER!

Apr 26, 2014 at 03:13AM EDT

…Okay… Just finished rendering some images and sketching out another batch.

So yeah… Here we go.

Not sure if those will show up or not.

… Wish I had something better to say but I’m so very worn out…

Since Scootaloo thread happened… Have Scootaloo Bat I found.

Apr 26, 2014 at 08:51AM EDT

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

>MRW Rule34 was his real wish

In other news, how about that episode, huh? Always a treat to see Rarity go completely insane. Also…

…Octavia made her return! Even if it was just a temporary transformation.

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:17AM EDT

Well, I really liked that episode. I don’t know if that means I legitimately liked it or if I’m just biased when it comes to finally making episodes off Marshmallow pone.

Ahh, that’s good shit. Anyways a friend and I were watching it and we were joking around that someone’s going to make a comic where Spike’s expecting this to be his Rainbow Key episode, only to find out he’s not pone.
9.5/10 It was Alright ~ IGN.

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:43AM EDT

Just in case you missed the reference or you’re too young to get it, the part where Rarity says “I’m so excited! I’m so excited!” and then Spike says “I’m so scared.” is almost certainly a reference to Saved by the Bell.

Ric Tesla pointed out that this might be a slight reference to this episode sorta kinda being about drugs. This nod is probably unrelated, but…still.

Just sayin'.

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:23PM EDT

I liked the dialog in this episode. “Om nom nom” and “Who, who who” were my favorite lines.

Have some Scootaloo (and Babs)

Apr 26, 2014 at 02:06PM EDT

I liked the episode, but I was disappointed as well. Things could have become a lot more crazy, and the episode’s inability to push things all the way made it seem somehow incomplete. Also, at the end, when Twi mentions that Cadence and Luna helped her clean up the town: why the hell did we not get to see that?! That would have been awesome oh my god!

So yeah, 8/10 – good, but it loses a point for missed opportunities.

Apr 26, 2014 at 03:20PM EDT

Platus wrote:

I liked the episode, but I was disappointed as well. Things could have become a lot more crazy, and the episode’s inability to push things all the way made it seem somehow incomplete. Also, at the end, when Twi mentions that Cadence and Luna helped her clean up the town: why the hell did we not get to see that?! That would have been awesome oh my god!

So yeah, 8/10 – good, but it loses a point for missed opportunities.

Ask, and JJ will deliver:

So now that Rarity can create Octavias…

A new apocalypse is upon us.

Coming soon from 4DE,

An Applejack plush with her hat and Big Mac, both looking awesome!

Lastly, doesn’t anyone want some Scootaloo?

I was intending to only take orders through tonight, but I may extend that because I’ve only gotten one request so far.
Come on, I want to give ponies away!
I need to PLUSHIFY THE WORLD!

Last edited Apr 27, 2014 at 09:47AM EDT
Apr 26, 2014 at 08:17PM EDT

This episode was pretty awesome. Rarity under the influence of the book reminded me of Trixie under the influence of the alicorn amulet. Shit, man, there are some pretty fucking dangerous magical artifacts in this world. I particularly loved the effect when we see the aura going into Rarity’s horn as she activates the spell. I agree with Platus that it would’ve been cool to see the changes Rarity made get even more crazy and dangerous, but at the same time things got pretty crazy when she fucking trapped two ponies in a crystal encased building, unconcerned about them potentially starving/suffocating. There’s not much more I can say about the episode except I though Owlowicious was adorable along with grumpy Twilight at the end. It’s kinda funny, the more I see Owlowicious the more I like him even though I remember kinda hating his intro episode. I think he and Spike play off each other very well, so I hope to see more of that in the future.

Apr 27, 2014 at 12:29AM EDT

I think it’s safe to say that we will cover two weeks in under 16 pages.

Apr 27, 2014 at 04:04AM EDT

At this rate a new thread is looking to begin at the end of the season

We can call it Pony General: End of the ride

On that subject, how are you we going with thread titles?

@episode

I love seeing the dark magic concept explored. It adds a certain weakness to unicorns so that they dont sound so much better off than every other pony race.

I’d comment more but I have to watch it again. At the time I was watching the livestream, I was also being distracted by about 3 chat rooms and 1 person skype calling me right in the middle of the episode

But from what could see in between lines of chat, it looks like they did much more with Spikes character this time

Last edited Apr 27, 2014 at 05:26AM EDT
Apr 27, 2014 at 04:57AM EDT

Odd…

I have failed in a way i never thought possible…

Clearly, everyone here is far too polite or something as only three people took me up on my offer.
Oh well!

More ponies for the rest of us!

Have some rock!

ANIMAL! ANIMAL! ANIMAL!!!
(I normally have next to nothing in common with Pinkie, but I will admit that I use my pens as drumsticks all the time. They love me at work…)

Now back to business:

Apr 27, 2014 at 05:10AM EDT

@Deadparrot:
Another pre-proper-post post:
I would’ve asked for a plushie, but I’m somewhat nervous about giving out my physical address on the internet, plus I’m nervous about actually owning Pony merchandise and I have a lot of plushies already.
But that was very, very generous of you indeed!

Apr 27, 2014 at 06:29AM EDT

DeadParrot222 wrote:

Ask, and JJ will deliver:

So now that Rarity can create Octavias…

A new apocalypse is upon us.

Coming soon from 4DE,

An Applejack plush with her hat and Big Mac, both looking awesome!

Lastly, doesn’t anyone want some Scootaloo?

I was intending to only take orders through tonight, but I may extend that because I’ve only gotten one request so far.
Come on, I want to give ponies away!
I need to PLUSHIFY THE WORLD!

Wait, only one request? Isn’t that supposed to be me?

So for anyone who wants a free pony from our bro here, go to his profile and send him a message. I going to get my 4DE Twilight soon!

No wonder 4DE’s so inactive recently. They’ve been busy crafting AJ and (unnessaeary) Maccy’D , but haven’t even put Flutters on sale. Sure, they’re showing a strong sign of development, but it’ll be better to be able to buy Fluttershy now.

Apr 27, 2014 at 08:29AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!