I’d have to assume that they are at least comparably intelligent to ponies.
Although we haven’t seen how much other sentient races have developed. It seems the only one with towns, cities and technology, not to mention all the important historical figures, are the ponies. While not vastly superior, they seem more developed than anything else so I checked that box. But then again the next episode could show a Griffon city and I’ll be wrong, so yea I’ll give you that.
Um, Everfree Forest?
but I think that it is clear that their system of government is far from flawless.
I disagree. There are no lobby groups, no parties, no liberals, no cynics, no protests, no acts, no bylaws. The pony government handles all issues and matters on a nationally satisfactory level. The public is 100% in support of their leadership and is 100% conservative, requesting no changes to the current form whatsoever and has insisted on the same head of state for a millenia.
Even the main source of contention in the throne (Celestia’s Sister) is no longer an adversary and continues to support the status quo
That to me, is a sign of a completely flawless government that makes absolutely no mistakes.
And before you point out that regimes may only seem like that because they don’t allow the public to disagree with ruling, remember that this is not a fascist dictator but a magical glittering unicorn princess that literally makes sunshine and rainbows. If the public looks content under this leader, they probably are.
All this said, you are right that it really doesn’t matter how sue-ish pony culture is. It’s My Little Pony, they are supposed to look idealised. Furthermore, cartoons and comedy pieces get more leniency in general. I wouldn’t care (nor would I be surprised) if they scored a 15. Now if the main characters were Sues [coughtwilightcough], that matters more
For the record I also ran the Mary Sue race test on ourselves, the human race…
- Are they typically stronger/faster/generally more able-bodied than other races/sapient species?
+0 Plenty of animals tougher than us
- Are most or all of them notably attractive by human standards?
+1 I’d say humans are pretty attractive by human standards
- Are they typically more intelligent than other races/sapient species?
+1 By far and wide, were smarter than all those feral dirtbags. Lets see them do math
- Do they typically have amazing mental/psychic/magic powers that most other races/sapient species lack?
+1 We have this this amazing thing called opposable thumbs! Be amazed at how we manipulate all our surroundings with ease! What’s that? You evolved a tail? That’s nice
- Are all or most of their senses superior to the senses of most other races/sapient species?
+0 Dogs have us beat on this one
- Is their sex better than the sex of most other races/sapient species?
+1 Damn straight. Hey Black Widow spider! Sucks to be you! Hahaha
- Is their art/music typically better than that of other races/sapient species?
+1 We win this by default
- Is their spirituality and/or morality presented as superior to that of most other races/sapient species?
+1 Again, win by default
- Have they moved beyond superstitious/irrational behavior/beliefs found in most other races/sapient species?
+1 More or less
- Are they completely or mostly free of what we consider human vices, ie, greed, selfishness, racism, sexism, etc?
+0 We’ve still got a problem in this department
- Do they have little to no trouble with food and/or material shortage compared to most other races/sapient species?
+1 We have famine and plague for sure, but in comparison to other races, we got it made baby! Enjoy your scraps, Seagulls
- Do they exist in perfect harmony with nature/their homeland?
+0 Not really
- Are they so technologically and/or magically superior that they have virtually no rivals, yet never use their advantages to oppress others or misuse them in any way?
+1 Like hell we do. Now be a good set of slaves, Dairy Cows and give us that milk. You lost your right to it when you decided to evolve more stomach than brain
- Do they have a better government and justice system than most other races/sapient species?
+1 Another victory by default
- Do they uphold and honor all of the same values as you?
+1 No I disagree will the very core of my humanity. Of course I do :P
- Are they impervious to things that would severely harm or kill most other races/sapient species in the story?
+0 Not really
- Do they have an extremely long lifespan?
+1 Compared to everyone else we do. Not even Elephants outlast us.
- Are they virtually always great parents?
+1 Comparatively yes. We actually tuck our kids into bed, which is more than what all you other furbags can say
- Do relationships rarely (if ever) end in broken hearts and/or bitter feelings, either because the love lasts forever, or because of a “free love” system in which jealousy virtually doesn’t exist?
+0 Not really
- When members of this race take a stance on a particular issue, are their opinions typically or always right?
+0 Youtube comments prevent this from getting a tick
- Do they point out the shortcomings of other sapient species/races, but no-one ever points out their shortcomings or is justified in doing so?
+1 Always. Humans rule! What’s that animals? Rawr rawr? Mumble Mumble? Sorry, get back to me when you develop speech patterns
- Does anyone become a member of their race/species during the course of the story, and is happier that way?
+0 They wish
- Do you want to become a member of their race/species?
+1 Bitch, I AM one
- Do you think everyone ought to want to become a member of their race/species, or at least adopt their ideals?
+1 All dem critters be jelly
…and it’s not like we are any better. We score a whopping 29. Good job humanity, every last one of us is a Mary Sue
Now, back to the OC shipping/BSoD molestation.
No. I’m done. We have some new OC’s now. Go molest those.
I’m almost done with my OC for the family photo.
Don’t start without me! D:
We won’t. I’m still waiting for OC’s and I’m still looking for backgrounds