Forums / Discussion / General

170,975 total conversations in 5,480 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9944 posts from 165 users

If you can read this… you’re a mod… or you highlighted it with your mouse.


This user has been reactivated and their posts are visible once again.


@ Platus

That’s… not a bad idea… although being called Bi would turn some heads… and being called homo over the Internet is always entertaining… hmm…

I’m in! Let’s see how many posts it takes for you know what to happen… (NSFW images)
Here’s a hint…

EDIT: Page Get!
@ Jimmy Lethal

Last edited May 27, 2013 at 11:57AM EDT
May 27, 2013 at 11:42AM EDT
Quote

Ugh, woke up early. Anyways, thanks for liking the animation guys! :D

I think I’ll do another one, but I have to say, who’s a better Dio Brando: Trixie or Sunset?

May 27, 2013 at 11:47AM EDT
Quote

@20%: That’s a really good animation, the only change I would say is use a different color or the text, cus the yellow makes it kinda hard to read at times.

@Season 3:
I actually quite liked season 3. It certainly wasn’t season 2, but I think it was at about the same level of season 1. Think about it, if you take a 13 episode stretch from season 1, you’ll probably get a similar amount of great, good, ok, meh, and bad episodes (Your mileage may vary). The only things I’d say season 1 holds over 3 is the fact that it has more episodes, and it holds the merit of being many people’s first experience with the show where they learn the most about the characters and setting. I will agree that season 3 seemed a bit rushed, but I’ve never been one to complain about something like that.

May 27, 2013 at 12:25PM EDT
Quote

@Season 3:

I honestly loved S3. It gave us an AJ episode, Trixie making a Heel Face Turn (which I enjoyed for one), another Darker And Edgier villan, and the Crapsack World that is Magical Mystery Cure’s cutie mark switched timeline.

Sorry, I just got off TV Tropes.


@Mark:

That’s it, punk. I’m activating DEMON MODE.

May 27, 2013 at 02:16PM EDT
Quote

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

@Season 3: I loved it too. Even the finale (Eh…)
In special the song in One Bad Apple

I loved the finale. I didn’t see anything wrong with Twilight Sparkle gaining wings. People who didn’t like it probably aren’t comfortable with change. Personally, I don’t think much will change with the show’s base structure. She’ll still always be Twilight Sparkle.

As for One Bad Apple…

That was one of my favorite episodes of all time, and it contains my second favorite (maybe third) song of all time.

As if you couldn’t tell by visiting my page

Last edited May 27, 2013 at 04:33PM EDT
May 27, 2013 at 04:32PM EDT

I had another one of my trademark “Stupid Ideas”.

How well can one make a Pony Hairstyle work… When your inspiration is a back to front version of a canon hair style?

I’ve made one Hairstyle for one OC by doing this… But its kinda like she’s wearing a small fluffy Ferret-like dragon on her head that has a large flipping Mustache reminiscent of Steven Magnet.

May 27, 2013 at 04:33PM EDT
Quote

Jimmy Lethal wrote:

@Mark:
That’s it, punk. I’m activating DEMON MODE.

@ Season Three
Possibly my favorite episode of the season was Keep Calm and Flutter On, mostly because of the return of Discord. He’s not supposed to be evil, he’s just a bit chaotic at times, and for the rest of the Mane 6 other than Fluttershy to have to learn that seems to be a pretty big lesson. One lesson RandomMan learned the hard way…


My least favorite is Just For Sidekicks. I honestly think the writers just threw Spike’s character development away and made him devolve in character. Why? Possibly because of the lack of time to make the episode? I’ll never truly know, but I despise the episode very much.

Last edited May 27, 2013 at 07:07PM EDT
May 27, 2013 at 06:39PM EDT
Quote

@Connor
It should be noted that those were specifically listed as prototypes, meaning that the final designs could change substantially in the same way that the animation style did, but yeah…
Whole lot of


@Between seasons
I know that I’m using the time to catch up on TV series that I never got the chance to.
In another odd example of MLP leading into other franchises (mirroring how I discovered Doctor Who), I’m currently doing a marathon run of Fringe that was inspired by the references made in the comic book series.

The Observer is always watching…


Now, back to being ‘productive’…

May 27, 2013 at 07:54PM EDT
Quote

@Connor: Eh, I’ve seen worse toys.

Which reminds me, has anyone thought of DUWANGing the Japanese MLP dub? I think that’d be funny. :P

Last edited May 27, 2013 at 07:56PM EDT
May 27, 2013 at 07:55PM EDT
Quote

Laud Piestrings wrote:

Jimmy Lethal wrote:

@Mark:
That’s it, punk. I’m activating DEMON MODE.

@ Season Three
Possibly my favorite episode of the season was Keep Calm and Flutter On, mostly because of the return of Discord. He’s not supposed to be evil, he’s just a bit chaotic at times, and for the rest of the Mane 6 other than Fluttershy to have to learn that seems to be a pretty big lesson. One lesson RandomMan learned the hard way…


My least favorite is Just For Sidekicks. I honestly think the writers just threw Spike’s character development away and made him devolve in character. Why? Possibly because of the lack of time to make the episode? I’ll never truly know, but I despise the episode very much.

May 27, 2013 at 09:40PM EDT
Quote

Eris the Pone wrote:


I’m having a hard time deciding what scares me the most about these dolls.

May 27, 2013 at 10:29PM EDT
Quote

@Disturbed

I’ll tell you what scares you the most. It’s the fact that you can color these pastel:

…and get the exact same thing. Thats entirely why the character design is such an aversion…to Bronies anyway.

But I’m sure the pre-teen girls will get a kick out of it. Who am I to judge Hasbro’s marketing tactics to the intended demographic?

Bottom line is, Bronies: We’re leaving this one to the girls.

May 27, 2013 at 10:39PM EDT
Quote

At the risk of having an argument overflow from other sites to here, I’d like to document Faust’s little adventure today.
Normally, she’s been pretty silent or at least tacitly supportive of MLP’s various moves since she’s left the show, but today…



I think the Hulk-Faust shows that she’s still keeping things relatively light, but I think it’s safe to say that she’s not a fan of this line.

Lauren also took a little trip to /mlp/, as well, which of course led to quite a lot of freaking out (and a generous amount of gloating and ‘superiority-ness’ from some of the people who consider /mlp/ to be the only true fans and all that crap).
Here’s a link to a compilation of her journey.
Mostly just a bunch of ‘Oh my god, is it really you?!’ stuff, but there was one nice tidbit in there.
Faust directly confirmed that Twilicorn was part of her plan from the beginning!
There was a good deal of evidence to that point already, but it’s nice to see it in writing.

Anyway, commence the battle over how EG is contrary to Faust’s vision… now!

May 27, 2013 at 10:51PM EDT
Quote

This is what I don’t get about most girl’s toys…..they don’t move much. I remember being able to move my Spider-man action figure in so many ways I was even able to move his fingers to do his handsign…..and the Spider-man action figure was like 3-4 times smaller than a Barbie Doll and then when you look at girl toys they’re just…..there. I mean look at these MLP pony dolls, they don’t move AT ALL, their heads are in the same pose and their legs are completely immobile. I just don’t get it, I guess I’d have to be a girl to get it I guess, I mean I bought myself one of those mini three packs (they’re like the blindbags but in a box) and…..don’t know what to do with them honestly….and that’s how I found out I’m not an MLP merchandise guy as now I regret spending that 8 dollars….

May 27, 2013 at 10:51PM EDT
Quote

I actually own quite a few Monster High dolls and Evangelion Figma so I can see getting those
So what’s the difference? What’s the big deal?
You guys act as if you’ll turn gay if you like it. Well sorry to tell you but, it’s already too late for you.

Last edited May 27, 2013 at 10:58PM EDT
May 27, 2013 at 10:56PM EDT
Quote

@ Kewln00b
>watch show intended for girls
>loves it and becomes a fan like the rest of the Brony community
>buys toys intended for girls
>hates them like the rest of the Brony community


I have yet to see the logic in this, but I can understand the hate for the toys (mainly because EVERYONE ELSE hates them as well). That being said, I have no opinion on the matter since I don’t actually have them. I’m not the merchandise person; collecting every toy and pony there is, so don’t take my advice on the situation.
BTW Is 8 dollars a lot for a toy in the U.S.?


@ Derpy

Et tu, Brute?
Strange minds think alike?

Last edited May 27, 2013 at 11:12PM EDT
May 27, 2013 at 11:10PM EDT
Quote

Laud Piestrings wrote:

@ Kewln00b
>watch show intended for girls
>loves it and becomes a fan like the rest of the Brony community
>buys toys intended for girls
>hates them like the rest of the Brony community


I have yet to see the logic in this, but I can understand the hate for the toys (mainly because EVERYONE ELSE hates them as well). That being said, I have no opinion on the matter since I don’t actually have them. I’m not the merchandise person; collecting every toy and pony there is, so don’t take my advice on the situation.
BTW Is 8 dollars a lot for a toy in the U.S.?


@ Derpy

Et tu, Brute?
Strange minds think alike?

Don’t know, All I know is I wanted a little Rainbow Dash for my desk and…..that’s just it….that’s ALL it is and I’m slightly disappointed. And I don’t know about the price about the Pony toys as I haven’t been back down that pink aisle since but all I know is $8 for three blind bag toys in a box…I think that’s a little jippy to me.

May 27, 2013 at 11:13PM EDT
Quote

I never liked toys, don’t really know why. That is an outrageous price,($8USD) $110 MXN! I can feed myself for two weeks with that money!

May 27, 2013 at 11:24PM EDT
Quote

So I haven’t been on here in forever. I also got Fire Emblem: Awakening and Fortune Street roughly one forever ago. These two events are entirely related. I hope I didn’t miss out on too many funsies. :(

On the topic at hand: good lord those toys are terrifying. I NEED TO DISAPPEAR AGAIN AND WIPE THEM FROM MY MEMORY BRB

May 27, 2013 at 11:58PM EDT
Quote

@EQG dolls:
Eh, that was about my expectation of the toys from the beginning. The only thing that disappointed me about the toys was the non-show accurate clothing. Then again Hasbro confirmed that the actual releases will have show-accurate clothing, so now I’m back to “meh”


DeadParrot wrote:

Faust directly confirmed that Twilicorn was part of her plan from the beginning!

This just makes me so happy! I had a feeling that Faust intended (at least as a small theory/idea she had) for Twilight to become an alicorn from the beginning due to the fact that Twilight is the apprentice for a princess, and her element was a tiara instead of a necklace. I’m just happy my crazy notions were true.

May 28, 2013 at 12:14AM EDT
Quote

Just waiting for the Fandom to make The Incredible Faust in a more high quality picture and not just a doodle Lauren made.

May 28, 2013 at 12:25AM EDT
Quote

@Derpy

You guys act as if you’ll turn gay if you like it. Well sorry to tell you but, it’s already too late for you.

Considering we just came back from two threads of pure unadulterated bromance. I don’t think anyone here is trying to act straight. Nobody is fooling anyone anymore in that department

I think it’s more about what these things represent: taking something that enjoyed being a show for girls that was not stereotypical/shallow/one-dimensional…and making something stereotypical/shallow/one-dimensional out of it. Judging from most comments I have seen on EqG, thats what upsets bronies the most…and it’s what’s upsetting Lauren Faust as well

Of course I don’t speak for everybody. You may be right and there are of course some Bronies who reject the toy line in order to sound manlier, though I have no idea what the hell they plan on accomplishing with that. I’d have to assume any guy doing that must be in denial over something.

Eh, overall: Girls toys are Girls toys. Best thing to do is just abandon any hope of EqG appealing to bronies and let the girls have it

May 28, 2013 at 01:12AM EDT
Quote

@BSoD

I take offense BSoD. How dare you call my heterosexual persuasion into question.

Also BSoD, your post is on top of mine.

BSoD, your post is on top.
BSoD, you’re on top

@Deadparrot and Crimson

Sorry guys, but in what world does this

count as direct confirmation of Faust intending Twilicorn? Saying ‘that sort of thing’ implies that Faust had a similar basic storyarc idea for Twilight where she achieves her destiny and ascends in some manner. Twilicorn is a realization of that idea, but it is most certainly not the only realization of it. Honestly, you guys are giving Faust too much credit in even assuming she had much of a plan to be confirmed or contradicted so early on in the show’s development. When we combine what she said on 4chan with this.

It suggests to me that Faust simply hadn’t thought that far ahead. She probably had some vague idea for Twilight ‘ascending’ in some manner, but she simply hadn’t fleshed it out yet. The idea of an alicorn Twilight was probably on the table, but given how Faust kind of had a thing for the only alicorns in the show being the royal sister, I’m going to bet that Faust would have steered away from Twilicorn if given the chance to bring the show to its completion.

Faust is really just trying to say “Look, this is the same basic idea that I had in mind, so would you all just calm the fuck down?”

Last edited May 28, 2013 at 01:58AM EDT
May 28, 2013 at 01:37AM EDT
Quote

Didn’t Faust say she wanted Rarity the one to become the princess in a tweet or something? (Bet bronies would still complain about ‘Princess Rarity’ and how it’s just a desperate toy idea)

May 28, 2013 at 02:00AM EDT
Quote

@Fifths

… though that does make sense.
Even if Twilicorn in absolute specifics wasn’t her exact plan, it is nice to see that her ascension was in the cards from the beginning.
At the very least, it pretty handily puts down the old rumor the Faust quit the show over Hasbro sticking wings on her pony.


@Lone
That I did…
Uh, mods?
Could you give me an edit up there?
This is the correct compilation of Faust’s journey through the wilds of /mlp/: WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!


@Kewl
Faust cut the idea of Princess Rarity?
But how will she bag her prince now?!

(I don’t recall her saying that but if she did, it was likely during one of her occasional bouts of silliness. Rarity becoming a princess makes significantly less sense than Twilight ever did and I can’t see her seriously endorsing it as a possible character path for her.)

Last edited May 28, 2013 at 02:25AM EDT
May 28, 2013 at 02:19AM EDT
Quote

@BSoD
Yes but from Hasbro’s point of view their biggest competitor is Mattel. They have Barbie, Bratz, and now Monster High. Hasbro can never compete with that and what do they have in a girls doll that can even be in the same league? MLP was always a toy first cartoon second. The fact that 4chan made it what it is today is irrelevant but if they wanted to they could do the same for Equestria Girls. EQD (to me anyways) has always been the vanilla side of the fandom. Bronies there want to hate Equestria Girls girls because they see it as “something stereotypical/shallow/one-dimensional”. After it has come out and after /mlp/ and /b/ do something with it, I bet all the bronies on EQD will fallow suit.

As for Faust that was her creation and Hasbro has their own agenda, so of course she isn’t going to like it. No one likes to see their vision of something turned into something they don’t want.

May 28, 2013 at 04:44AM EDT
Quote

@Derpy

I definitely get where youre coming from and that’s why I’m not joining the bandwagon of hate and reaction images towards EqG.

I’m just explaining why other people are butthurt/care so much based on their own reasoning. Not to imply that I myself am butthurt/care for those same reasons. To me, EqG is just another product line. Nor am I implying that those reasons are valid.

Whatever happens when EqG is released, /mlp/ will definitely lead the way on how the fandom treats the whole thing. They can render all these fears void…if they wanted to.


@Fifths

BSoD, you’re on top

Why thank you. It’s about time I got a turn. People are always putting me on the bottom. Each. And. Every. Single. Time

What if I want to be the one delivering the service? Hmm? Nobody thinks about that.

Faust is really just trying to say “Look, this is the same basic idea that I had in mind, so would you all just calm the fuck down?”

You should check out the actual thread that contained all those “Words of god” (plus several forgeries). I kinda got a vibe that Lauren was humoring the crowd all along. Take this quote for instance in regards to /mlp/

Just now and then. You guys often have the most thoughtful critiques of the show---- but other times….

I think Bob said it best:

PersonGuy, Lord of Redundancy: I think she’s basically saying “You idiots throw out some of the best comments I’ve ever heard”

Last edited May 28, 2013 at 06:31AM EDT
May 28, 2013 at 06:26AM EDT
Quote

markhaox14 said:
>watch show intended for girls
>loves it and becomes a fan like the rest of the Brony community
>buys toys intended for girls
>hates them like the rest of the Brony community

One thing that has to always be remembered is Hasbro is first and foremost a toy company. They don’t really care that much about FiM’s ratings so long as the toy line is selling. If MLP were to stop selling well, that would be an indicator to them that it was growing stale and a reboot was in order, again, regardless as to how well the show’s actually doing.

In other words, people buy the merch to show their support for the show. If the merch fails, so does the show.

@ Eldrich abominations EqG Dolls
Hasbro continues to try and make me hate this as much as I can. Am I the only one who thinks they might be wanting this to fail so they can take a tax write-off? It’s the only part of this wild ride that makes any sense.

@Fifths
>implying I haven’t traced your IP and won’t jack off to you non-sexually kill you in your sleep first.

@/mlp/ Faust Q&A shitstorm
It was glorious. Twilicorn (possibly) confirmed for Word of Faust (why didn’t she confirm it after securing her screenname?). My favorite comment on the whole crazy thing:

For a moment, it was like the summer of 2011 again, where there was no drama, tons of pony, and Lauren Faust ruling it all.

Truly, those two threads were the greatest threads in the history of 4chan.

Last edited May 28, 2013 at 06:38AM EDT
May 28, 2013 at 06:36AM EDT
Quote


The Dark Horse is now contemplating on how s/he should react…


@ Twilicorn
Well… it made its way back to the forums, and I guess we have to discuss it again. I believe the original fear of Twilicorn by fans was that the show would end. I would think it reasonable to at least give her a chance! There’s a new season, so there’s plenty of opportunity and episodes to see, so set them aside.

@ BSoD

Top… bottom… all that matters is inside…

Last edited May 28, 2013 at 06:45AM EDT
May 28, 2013 at 06:42AM EDT
Quote

So… Faust says she planned “Something like this”, but also implies in another point that she’s disappointed…

…I think that means she wanted it to come… Later…

…Much…Much…Later…

Like… Season Six…

…After a much longer story arc leading to it…

Welp, that’s my head canon for today.

May 28, 2013 at 07:00AM EDT
Quote

Lunar Protege wrote:

So… Faust says she planned “Something like this”, but also implies in another point that she’s disappointed…

…I think that means she wanted it to come… Later…

…Much…Much…Later…

Like… Season Six…

…After a much longer story arc leading to it…

Welp, that’s my head canon for today.

As well as mine.

May 28, 2013 at 08:30AM EDT
Quote

Lunar Protege wrote:

So… Faust says she planned “Something like this”, but also implies in another point that she’s disappointed…

…I think that means she wanted it to come… Later…

…Much…Much…Later…

Like… Season Six…

…After a much longer story arc leading to it…

Welp, that’s my head canon for today.

That sounds pretty probable. As for my thoughts about those dolls…

That’s usually my reaction to most things that I’m not into. Something has to really go out of its way to get a stronger reaction than that and nothing from the My Little Pony crew has elicited such a reaction from me. Granted, it isn’t like I believe everything they’ve ever done is the ultimate in awesome. I just typically don’t have a stronger reaction than “meh” in general.

May 28, 2013 at 09:57AM EDT
Quote

@Faust + Twicorn

It might also be possible that, while Faust said she planned on making Twilight an alicorn, the manner in which she planned to do it was totally different. From what I understand, the original plan was to make the show more epic and adventure based, so it is actually pretty likely that, instead of completing a spell and then singing for twenty minutes, Twilight would have had to complete some grand quest or something like that before she could ascend. A change like that would totally render Faust’s plans “irrelevant,” but would still keep the “Twi becomes an alicorn” idea intact.

May 28, 2013 at 12:43PM EDT
Quote

W-Wait those the actual EQG’ toys? Not super changed Bratz dolls?

I do understand why she got disappointed. Friendship is Magic is something that she poured her heart and soul into, something she wanted to make distinctly hers and not just another girls’ show. Then Hasbro turns around and makes… this. She has a right to be upset, but at the same time she had to have seen something like this coming. Hasbro is an international multibillion dollar company, and they’ll do whatever they can to make money.

Last edited May 28, 2013 at 01:50PM EDT
May 28, 2013 at 01:48PM EDT
Quote

Bruno the Rustler Wrote:

I do understand why she got disappointed. Friendship is Magic is something that she poured her heart and soul into, something she wanted to make distinctly hers and not just another girls’ show. Then Hasbro turns around and makes… this. She has a right to be upset, but at the same time she had to have seen something like this coming. Hasbro is an international multibillion dollar company, and they’ll do whatever they can to make money.

Kinda sums that up…

Hasbro is a company.

Companies exist to make money.

Lauren is an Artist.

Artists exist to make art.

What makes money is not always “Art”, but the attempt to have a reminder of art.

Therefore… Hasbro is just doing their job efficiently and effectively… Not that people will like how they do their job, but we can’t say it isn’t effective.

That said… Everyone has every right to groan at how these people are doing their job. There’s a thing called “Ethical Standard of Practice”. And throwing something at the masses just because it will make money, even though its horrible, is a breach of the first rule of “Don’t be an @$$-Hat”.

… I have no idea where the term “@$$-Hat” came from. But I stole it from someone back when I was in high school.

Last edited May 28, 2013 at 02:05PM EDT
May 28, 2013 at 02:04PM EDT
Quote

I never understood why people groan at Hasbro’s decisions like Hasbro owes them a living. As much as I hate to say it, we’re not the target audience, we will never be the target audience, and Hasbro loves money.

All companies love money. Money fuels the world.

We will always come second to money.

As for the ugly Bratz knockoffs…

May 28, 2013 at 02:27PM EDT

DeadParrot222 wrote:

@Fifths

… though that does make sense.
Even if Twilicorn in absolute specifics wasn’t her exact plan, it is nice to see that her ascension was in the cards from the beginning.
At the very least, it pretty handily puts down the old rumor the Faust quit the show over Hasbro sticking wings on her pony.


@Lone
That I did…
Uh, mods?
Could you give me an edit up there?
This is the correct compilation of Faust’s journey through the wilds of /mlp/: WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!


@Kewl
Faust cut the idea of Princess Rarity?
But how will she bag her prince now?!

(I don’t recall her saying that but if she did, it was likely during one of her occasional bouts of silliness. Rarity becoming a princess makes significantly less sense than Twilight ever did and I can’t see her seriously endorsing it as a possible character path for her.)

I dunno, Rarity as princess seems a bit more….plausible than Twilicorn. It seemed like there were quite a few hints that would point towards a Princess Rarity, her more sophisticated attitude shit, the small tidbit that her element of harmony looks a lot like Celestia’s necklace, her wish to marry a prince and become a princess. I don’t think it was supposed to be like Twilicorn getting all “Oh, you passed this test, you’re now a princess” in the middle of the series, it was probably supposed to be for some epilogue for the end of the show like Rainbow Dash getting into the Wonderbolts, just be like “Oh and my friend Rarity married a prince and finally became a princess” type deal.

May 28, 2013 at 02:29PM EDT
Quote

Owens wrote:

I never understood why people groan at Hasbro’s decisions like Hasbro owes them a living. As much as I hate to say it, we’re not the target audience, we will never be the target audience, and Hasbro loves money.

All companies love money. Money fuels the world.

We will always come second to money.

As for the ugly Bratz knockoffs…

You’re Right in that Hasbro owes us nothing…

…On the other hand… How does one make one’s voice heard without groaning? How does one criticize others work so they may do better without groaning?

And most of all…

…Some of us like to groan… Its fun…

In the sense that Complaining about things is one of the major bases for Comedy.

Have some Rarity Whining:

…Whining feels so good… Why take that away from us?

May 28, 2013 at 03:02PM EDT
Quote

Lunar Protege wrote:

You’re Right in that Hasbro owes us nothing…

…On the other hand… How does one make one’s voice heard without groaning? How does one criticize others work so they may do better without groaning?

And most of all…

…Some of us like to groan… Its fun…

In the sense that Complaining about things is one of the major bases for Comedy.

Have some Rarity Whining:

…Whining feels so good… Why take that away from us?

Groaning on an internet forum is the least effective way to let a company/studio/business/etc. know what they should market. Businesses do not send representatives to forums to ask about thoughts on a product because they know that no matter what they do, the internet will do what it does best and be negative about it. The most effective way to get a point across is to either send formal letters (digitally or otherwise) to the company voicing your concerns (which I’m pretty sure is what parents did to get Derpy censored) or to boycott the product outright. You’re right that it’s fun to groan, but I think we all have to remember that all the whiny posts in the world will not get anything done.

On the subject of the dolls (and their similarities to Monster High) I’d like to mention an artist on deviantart who has been making the front page lately with repainted Monster High dolls


Sauce

I would very much love it if the EQG dolls looked like this.

May 28, 2013 at 03:25PM EDT
Quote

Both the EG toys and Faust visiting /mlp/. Surely the toys will cause tons of haters to go “huehuehue”.

As for Faust taking a trip to Parts Unknown…


Meanwhile, in Pony-Land…

May 28, 2013 at 04:38PM EDT
Quote

@Twilicorn controversy
While we cannot know for certain if Faust’s “Twilicorn” comment was legit due to trolls, if I’m not mistaken, she did say that Twilight was going to “succeed” Celestia. Combine that with McCarthy’s statement that Twilicorn was in the works from the beginning and the fact Larson wrote the episode weeks after Luna Eclipsed aired and I think it’s safe to say we would have gotten our glorious purple overlord (lady?) one way or another.

I must applaud the anti-twilicorn folks for their masterful Xanatos Gambit. If significant changes are made to Twilight or the plot, they can complain about how her character’s been ruined FOREVER and the show’s jumped the shark (>implying they aren’t complaining about that already). If things stay relatively normal, then they can complain about how Twilicorn was nothing but a shallow marketing move to sell toys. Either way, they get to write their blog posts and declare the show spiraling into mediocrity.

Also, can they please stop with the “it breaks symmetry” argument? Not only does it effect absolutely nothing relevant (plot, characterization, world building, etc.) but it’s just plain silly and every time someone makes it I can’t help but have flashbacks to Monk and think that half the fanbase is OCD.

@Greedy Hasbro
While it’s true that their goal is to make money, and they shouldn’t be ridiculed for being a corporation, it’s also true that just because that’s their goal, doesn’t mean they always make the right decisions in achieving that goal.

Look no further than their rival Mattel, who, in the height of the tech bubble, bought The Learning Company for three billion dollars, only to sell it three years later for twenty-seven million when the thing became a money pit once the bubble burst.

The only way they’ll figure out that this plan of theirs isn’t good, is if there’s criticism of it, and more importantly, a lose of revenue from it (not buying the toys and going to theaters to watch it). Otherwise, they’ll march along in corporate ignorance.

@Derpy Vazquez
There’s a massive difference between fan-made media and canon media. The biggest, of course, is canon media is canon. When I see a fanfic or fanart I don’t like I simply click the back button and almost immediately forget about it. When canon does something, I really can’t just feign ignorance of it. I have to look at it and address it.

That’s one reason I really dislike Keep Calm and Flutter On. In future fanfics, I’m gonna have to figure out how the hell to write Discord out of the story so the plot can actually happen. What’s worse, is whatever I come up with will only seem contrived and unrealistic but I can’t do anything about it because of canon.

In addition, using the “the fandom does it so when canon does they shouldn’t be upset” argument means if there’s ever explicit sex shown (of course there won’t be, but for the sake of the straw man pony let’s just go with it), we should just accept it. The fandom has it, so why would you get upset when canon does it?

TL;DR: Just because the fans do stuff doesn’t mean it’s going to be alright if canon does it. Canon and fanon are two completely different ballparks.

Good lord, I’m turning into Verbose. At least I haven’t hit the word limit yet.

Last edited May 28, 2013 at 07:38PM EDT
May 28, 2013 at 07:37PM EDT
Quote

Disturbed B wrote:

I actually just started re-watching season 3 because it has been so long (long for me anyways). I don’t know how to say this, but I kinda hate that season. Now I’m not saying it sucks. It has some episodes that I really like, but most of season 3 is just meh to me. I just find myself thinking ‘Why am I watching this? Why am I not watching A Canterlot Wedding or Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000?’ It just makes me realize how much more I liked the other two seasons, but I already watched the crap out of them so I don’t feel like re-watching them yet. I don’t know what to do. I might do something crazy and start watching G3 ponies on purpose.

Nice, this sums up the things I’ve been thinking about season 3 lately pretty well.

Dunno if it’s because pretty much all of season 2 is my favorite episode and I’m baised towards it or whatever, but season 3 is easily my least favorite season.

May 28, 2013 at 07:46PM EDT
Quote

xTSGx Wrote:

Also, can they please stop with the “*it breaks symmetry*” argument? Not only does it effect absolutely nothing relevant (plot, characterization, world building, etc.) but it’s just plain silly and every time someone makes it I can’t help but have flashbacks to Monk and think that half the fanbase is OCD.

(Sorry… Got bored and started watching Soul Eater)

I don’t use the symmetry argument to say that Twilicorn is a bad Idea… In fact, considering our 3 previous Alicorns, it actually improves Symmetry. Since not only does she balance Night and Day, But she’s also a counter balance to Love (Candance’s thing).

What I do suggest though… Is a new Pony for a second Unicorn… That way one can split the Main Cast Down the middle precisely.

…Well… Precisely if you consider an Alicorn in the main cast is important enough that they on their own are Symmetrical. Being the point of an Equilateral Triangle or a Diamond Quote Bracket, since all the focus is on them.

Last edited May 28, 2013 at 08:19PM EDT
May 28, 2013 at 08:13PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!