Forums / Discussion / General

169,869 total conversations in 5,437 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9944 posts from 165 users

As far as trying to find another topic so as to not exclude everyone not interested in the crackfic, I will agree with DP on the subject. We should aim to be like the pony gallery with it’s own mix of raunchy, cute, funny, and relevant topics. But at the same time, I have to disagree with DP. It’s not exactly our responsibility to bring up topics that will interest people like Fifths or Kewl. I myself have left the thread for short periods of time because I did not see any topics going around that interested me, but I never necessarily blamed the thread for that, because I know that everyone’s not always gonna talk about what I want to talk about. If I ever came up with a thread topic, I would mention it, but if not then I would quietly sit and wait for a topic to come up that I wanted to jump into. I’m sure that’s what most people currently absent from the thread are doing now.

TL;DR We should be open to more discussion if anyone wants to bring a new topic in, but it’s not necessarily our job to bring in topics ourselves to please everyone

Frankly, I think we’ll have to wait for EQG before we have any relevant thread topics

Jun 11, 2013 at 01:07PM EDT
Quote

Hey guys, I know I’ve been out for a while, but how’s the family photo going alo
whoa, what are you guys doing HERE?

Jun 11, 2013 at 01:26PM EDT
Quote

Count me in the same train as Deadparrot. This whole shipping users/ocs…thing is getting really old, not to mention more than a little creepy. I mean, I think it’s a fine thing to do occasionally when the utter weirdness of it is seen as an amusing novelty. I had a good laugh shipping myself with BSoD a little while back, but I feel like we’re kind of overdoing it now. Our stupid OCs have become the main focus of the thread when it should be about the show and what not.

And like I said, it’s really starting to get a bit creepy. You people really ought to take a good hard look at yourselves when I’m starting to get creeped out.

@Crimson

I’ll disagree with you. This thread is under obligation to amuse me to talk about My Little Pony, not the OCs which are tangently related to it. It should be a thread that any fan of mlp could jump in on and have a good time. The thread is now focused primarily on the sexcapades of a few of the current users’ OCs, something which the average fan of pony will have no interest in whatsoever. This thread has been effectively derailed and it’s the job of the mods to bring it back to focus.

If you really want to ship users, go make a new thread.

@Mark below

Don’t make assumptions about people, it’s rude.

Last edited Jun 11, 2013 at 02:36PM EDT
Jun 11, 2013 at 02:16PM EDT
Quote

@ Fifths
I already said I would stop. I wouldn’t consider it creepy, mainly because the users in the fic VOLUNTEERED to be in it. If I had placed them in without their knowledge, yeah… it’d be very creepy. I honestly believe you were creeped out because you have your own headcannon… it’s completely normal to despise or dislike a conflicting headcannon, as I have done it so many times.

The reason I stopped was not because of one user, but because multiple users are a bit disturbed at my fic. If it was only one, OK… one person doesn’t like the shipping, so what? The wants of one is far less than the wants or needs of many. But I saw that multiple users were a bit disturbed, and applying the same logic to myself, the wants of one will have to be given up, so I stopped.

Now, I won’t post the story on here anymore, but if anyone wants to see the continuation, PM me. Same deal with 69! Part 2!, I’m guessing, so that only those who want to view it will, despite the spoilers clearly warning of the content within.

And don’t turn this on me… I never said or assumed anything about you. If I was rude and inconsiderate like you say it is, I would have posted the fic WITHOUT ANY consideration for the users. I’m not the best user ever, but I sure as Hell am not the worst…

NEW TOPIC:
I guess I’ll start the new topic then… what has been a WTF moment on the show for you guys? Even though the show was made to be fantasy, what moments on the show made you think, “No way… that’s impossible, even for magical talking ponies!”?

I’d have to say, when I first saw the Mysterious Mare-Do-Well, I was totally baffled by the fact that she could use magic and fly. I had first thought it was Twilight.

But after seeing Mare-Do-Well fly, I was so confused as to who it really was.

Then I saw the episode ending, and I went, “OH! That explains it!”

Last edited Jun 11, 2013 at 02:46PM EDT
Jun 11, 2013 at 02:30PM EDT
Quote

@Crimson
To rephrase/clarify:
Sorry, didn’t mean to imply that we should halt any topic that some people don’t find interesting, but I do think there is a difference between people simply choosing not to participate for a while and the type of ‘Abandon Thread’ reactions the current topic was getting.
While we don’t need to be limiting ourselves to allow for maximum participation, we should probably avoid topics that seem to be actively repelling people.


Here’s a thing from the relatively new Official Guidebook (that I really need to pick up sometime…):

Sounds pretty interesting (excusing the apparent typo of ‘where’ as ‘were’).
Apparently, the Everfree Forest is not simply some unruly patch of wilderness, but a living magical entity that slowly took over the Princesses’ former home an may be continuing to expand.
I guess this helps make sense of why ponies apparently can’t control it (it’s magical itself) and could lead to some interesting world-building and adventure if they ever choose to expand upon it in the show.
Villains are cool and all, but I’d like to see how the characters would react to having to fight what is quite literally a ‘force of nature.’


Edit:
Suddenly, topics!

@mark, above
I recall figuring out the gist of Mare-Do-Well pretty much as soon as that flyby happened.
I’ve seen a few other shows use a similar plot before so once there were both horns and wings involved, I jumped to that ending.
I do remember being somewhat caught off guard by the Sisterhooves Social ending, though.
In hindsight, I should have seen it coming (especially since they hinted at it with the eye colors), but it got a nice ‘Oh wait, what?’ out of me.

Oh, and I think most people were at least a little surprised by the ending of A Canterlot Wedding, Part 1 where Cadance suddenly goes full-evil and banishes Twilight through the floor.

Up to that point, we were still unsure as to whether Twilight was just being paranoid, but that sort of confirmed her theory.


@Evan, below
Makes sense…
IDW would need to be let in on it so that they could be sure to avoid conflicts that could possibly occur in continuity.
It might imply that EqG will not be quite as standalone as some might think, but we’ll just have to see.

Last edited Jun 11, 2013 at 02:56PM EDT
Jun 11, 2013 at 02:33PM EDT
Quote

Add IDW into the mix as they knew about Equestria Girls. From Comic Geek Speak at Denver ComicCon http://www.comicgeekspeak.com/episodes/comic_geek_speak-1693.php The EqG conversation starts at 46:25. Note that two people are speaking.
I will say we have know about Equestria Girls for months. For months.
I’ve already-
We’ve read the script.
We’ve read the script. We’re part of a conference call with Hasbro. Um…we know the villains, we know the story, we know the settings, we know all of that.
And that’s all I’m gonna say.
When it comes down to it, this is a matter- remember this is a business. So this is a matter of money. And it is another item that they can put on a toy shelf.
And it is the same creative team, same writers, same animators that make the show that you love, so give it a chance.
[jokingly talks about how much the internet scares her]
I’ll say….And guys, the script is pretty good.
Yeah it’s fun!
[talked about how much his nieces liked Equestria Girls]

Should also note that there will be discussions at the SDCC IDW panel about EqG and how it relates to pony.

Jun 11, 2013 at 02:33PM EDT
Quote

@Mark

You assumed that I have a headcanon about user shipping, that’s what I meant. I thought it was rude.

But if you want to move on, then let’s just move on.

Most WTF moment

This without a doubt. I was shocked that Fluttershy could be THAT much of a bitch. I mean fuck, she just destroyed those two, told them that everything that they are is garbage.

Jun 11, 2013 at 03:19PM EDT
Quote

@DeadParrot222: Oooh, sweet, sweet headcanon!

@FallenEvna55:
“When it comes down to it, this is a matter- remember this is a business. So this is a matter of money. And it is another item that they can put on a toy shelf.”
Right

“And it is the same creative team, same writers, same animators that make the show that you love, so give it a chance.”
Right too.
I’ll give it a shot.

Jun 11, 2013 at 04:49PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Family photo

It’s finally here. Enjoy. Large size

Ace looks like he’s laughing at CrazyC’s horrendous appearance. I also like the exchange between BSoD and Fifths.


I don’t know if this should be NSFW or not, but fcuk der pelice.

Jun 11, 2013 at 04:58PM EDT
Quote

it’s MLP- the ponies are naked by default, so no, it’s not NSFW. NSFW would be the various R34 stuff you see.

Jun 11, 2013 at 05:10PM EDT
Quote

We have had this discussion before but, yea why is it considered NSFW if you put clothes on them?

Jun 11, 2013 at 05:18PM EDT
Quote

@WTF moments

I was pretty freaked out when Spike suddenly grew bigger in Secret of My Excess

And he just kept growing throughout the episode. It was scary.

Unrelated

Jun 11, 2013 at 05:29PM EDT
Quote

markhaox14 said:

what has been a WTF moment on the show for you guys?

I was shocked and confused when Philomena disintegrated, only to immediately kick myself for not realizing she was a phoenix.

And the whole “Pinkie clone morbidly inflating before imploding” also horrified me somewhat. As the Youtube comment says:
“Bronies: 0_0
Little Girls: 0_0”

Deadparrot222 said:

It might imply that EqG will not be quite as standalone as some might think, but we’ll just have to see.

On the one hand, the less there is of “High School AU that only takes valuble time and resources away from pony” the better. On the other hand, the ensuing flame war that would ravage Fimfiction over whether a human series would violate the “must be FiM Universe related” rule would be epic to witness and participate in.

Jun 11, 2013 at 05:46PM EDT
Quote

Markhaox wrote:

Who am I to argue with the holy mods on what I should and shouldn’t post? I’ll stop writing it… but thanks for reading it up to here guys. For my first time writing something like this… it went a lot better than I thought it would, and I’m glad you guys were cool with it…

We didn’t tell you to stop, we simply replied and discussed your request in posting NC stuff. It was unrelated to the fic, continue that if you want. You gave proper warnings and only made use of volunteers, I can’t ask for much more.

What the main point people here brought up was the fact that this OC shipfic became the main topic. Perhaps in that way it would’ve been better to keep it a topic on the side. Like post one new section each page, and leave it at that. People can reply inbetween the other topics that go on while not being that much of a bother to the topic at that time. Seriously, don’t stop due to a bit of backlash.

I don’t tell you to quit, I’m merely suggesting to adapt. As I stated before, because a small few don’t enjoy it doesn’t mean we should disallow it, especially not if a large group of others are having fun.


Fifths wrote:

If you really want to ship users, go make a new thread.

Let me tell you about the shipping thread.

Use it to your heart’s contents.


NEW TOPIC:
I guess I’ll start the new topic then… what has been a WTF moment on the show for you guys? Even though the show was made to be fantasy, what moments on the show made you think, “No way… that’s impossible, even for magical talking ponies!”?

The pinkiesplosions. I knew they had to get rid of them, but I didn’t expect that on a kids show.

Last edited Jun 11, 2013 at 06:24PM EDT
Jun 11, 2013 at 06:22PM EDT
Quote

My WTF moment? When I came to this thread with no OC, and a few pages later ended up with two. This is the fandom that keeps on giving.

Jun 11, 2013 at 06:28PM EDT
Quote

@Pony WTFs
I actually didn’t find the pinkiesplosions all that disturbing for whatever reason. I did, however, find it weird that there was a way to clone in this world to begin with. I don’t know why, but for whatever reason I found cloning to be a thing that wasn’t possible in the pony world. So when I saw the title “Too Many Pinkie Pies” I didn’t really believe it was a clone episode until I saw it with my own two eyes.

Jun 11, 2013 at 06:32PM EDT
Quote

Just a reminder: Mane comic #8 (final part to the Nightmarity story) releases tomorrow. Will Spike save the day? Will the rest of the mane 6 escape their prisons? Will the troops of Luna and Celestia be enough to hold back the nightmare forces? What is Luna’s secret? (Haven’t seen the previews but I’m guessing the last part might be held over for say Luna Microseries)

Jun 11, 2013 at 06:32PM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

My WTF moment? When I came to this thread with no OC, and a few pages later ended up with two. This is the fandom that keeps on giving.

Now it’s your turn to give back

Jun 11, 2013 at 06:44PM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

We have had this discussion before but, yea why is it considered NSFW if you put clothes on them?

If you’ve been in a situation where someone else is already cloth less… You begin to understand…

If you go to a live drawing class… the model is usually naked and generally just takes the clothes off and… Then that’s it, start drawing, they’ll be standing still for hours in a pose that has no sense of sexuality at all.

On the other hand… The act of TAKING OFF clothes, or having clothes that evoke the imagination in any way what so ever… They generally tend to be more… Entertaining to that part of your brain that desires a romantic or sexual partner. Which leaves the parts of your brain associated with those feelings mildly more stimulated in a way with which to become aroused.

…Similarly to how being suggestive in speech or pose works come to think about it…

But to be more illustrative… Imagine the difference between a pony with No Accessories to one wearing a single scarf…

With the one wearing nothing, and is just standing there… There’s not really anything for your brain to grab onto to fantasize about.

But if you look at a pony wearing a scarf, you begin to have numerous fantasies running through your brain about what they do…

Maybe they’re a ninja, or a Pilot for an airship, or if its a Pegasus they might make you think they are looking to become a star athlete flyer, or maybe its Winter.

…Each of those Possibilities lead to imagining a number of scenarios…
Maybe one where you’re sneaking off somewhere in the dead of night to indulge in forbidden romance with the Ninja fantasy…
Maybe you’re thinking of becoming sky pirates with wind in your hair and the world the stage for a romantic fantasy involving the Pilot idea…
Or Maybe a suggestion of how firm and strong yet gentle they might feel to touch with the Athlete…
Maybe the idea of sipping Hot Cocoa in front of a fireplace if its winter…

And before you know it… The next thoughts you’ve had after any of those ideas is probably NSFW, even though those ideas themselves aren’t that bad.

In short… Putting clothes on a Pony makes it NSFW because we think too hard about it when they do.

Jun 11, 2013 at 06:54PM EDT
Quote

@ RandomMan
Forgive me for my confusion, but are you saying I should post the story on the Shipping Thread? Because if I post one section per page on this thread here, users will most likely get mad at me, and I really don’t want people hating me or abandoning the thread for me doing something they hate.


BTW Fifths, I am sorry for assuming anything, and I hope you don’t hate me…

Last edited Jun 11, 2013 at 08:12PM EDT
Jun 11, 2013 at 08:01PM EDT
Quote

Markhaox wrote:

@ RandomMan
Forgive me for my confusion, but are you saying I could post the story on the Shipping Thread? Because if I post one section per page on this thread, users will most likely get mad at me, and I really don’t want people hating me for doing something on purpose.

Hmmmm, yes and no, as I’m more presenting it as an option. The shipping thread is for user shipping, but shipfic development as we did here is new for that thread. In that way, you can’t confirm if others will jump on nor if it will be appreciated in comparison to the usual posts there.

In that way, it’s of course an option to start a “Markhaox’ NSFW Shipfic” thread on JFF and get more users to join. But adding the amount of JFF users can make the fic quite chaotic. If you can work it out, go ahead, otherwise it might be best to keep it as a backlog for now.

If you keep your shipfic on here but simply to a smaller extend (1 or 2 sections a page), I doubt those users will get mad. As I stated before, the issue was more that the shipfic became the main topic than that there was a shipfic being created. And please explain to me how all the people who enjoyed the fic can be considered “hating”. In that way, I don’t think continuing is that much of an issue. This is a community thread, not an elitist general, and community threads simply involve topics you won’t always like. Just keep certain that other topics will have their required space as well, and everything should be ok.

Unrelated but ponu, so related:

Last edited Jun 11, 2013 at 08:39PM EDT
Jun 11, 2013 at 08:11PM EDT
Quote

@Above

If you do end up making a special thread for your delightfully madhatted shipfic, please post a link in here at some point so we can go subscribe to it.

Jun 11, 2013 at 08:30PM EDT
Quote

@WTF moment.
I never understood the time leap between the Galloping Gala in season one, when I first watched that season, my mind was completely confused with what was occurring.

Also, why the heck do the locomotives in Equestria need to pulled by stallions? I never understood that either.

Jun 11, 2013 at 09:41PM EDT
Quote

@Marks crackfic

Well there you go. Deadparrot and Fifths have said it. People are not cool with it and will have their jimmies rustled. Though Mark made all the correct steps within the rules; just keeping to guidelines alone isn’t enough to please everyone here for reasons both myself and Deadparrot mentioned before. So yes we need to take it somewhere else to avoid shitstorms. But I do NOT recommend a separate thread for it. Sending it to the shipping thread seems logical but I can’t guarantee there won’t be shitstorms there either

May I offer a suggestion?

Write your story on Google Docs

Then link your fic on your wall

And anyone reading can comment on in on your wall

That way it’s private between those who are following it. Very low risk of shitstorm and this thread can continue unabated by any further OC’s and R34


@WTF moment in the show

Celestia gets her butt kicked by Crystalis


@Deadparrot

Well the OC discussion should be done now that the family photo is finished

But I don’t see what’s so wrong about it. It’s fun drawing up new ponies and linking them to online personalities. And OC’s aren’t any less pony related. I get the upset over the R34 but not over OC’s

Last edited Jun 11, 2013 at 10:54PM EDT
Jun 11, 2013 at 10:49PM EDT
Quote

vintiezre wrote:

@WTF moment.
I never understood the time leap between the Galloping Gala in season one, when I first watched that season, my mind was completely confused with what was occurring.

Also, why the heck do the locomotives in Equestria need to pulled by stallions? I never understood that either.

From What I remember… They were only pulled by stallions for like… One Episode…

I’m just going to assume they were running low on Coal and had to ration the stuff so they used only a little of it… and since theoretically it takes less effort to keep it at speed than get it up to speed…They got the stallions to provide the energy to keep it at speed rather than the Coal they were running out of.


Side note: How long till someone mentions E3? Or Ponifys something from it and posts it here?

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:50PM EDT
Quote

Lunar Protege wrote:

If you’ve been in a situation where someone else is already cloth less… You begin to understand…

If you go to a live drawing class… the model is usually naked and generally just takes the clothes off and… Then that’s it, start drawing, they’ll be standing still for hours in a pose that has no sense of sexuality at all.

On the other hand… The act of TAKING OFF clothes, or having clothes that evoke the imagination in any way what so ever… They generally tend to be more… Entertaining to that part of your brain that desires a romantic or sexual partner. Which leaves the parts of your brain associated with those feelings mildly more stimulated in a way with which to become aroused.

…Similarly to how being suggestive in speech or pose works come to think about it…

But to be more illustrative… Imagine the difference between a pony with No Accessories to one wearing a single scarf…

With the one wearing nothing, and is just standing there… There’s not really anything for your brain to grab onto to fantasize about.

But if you look at a pony wearing a scarf, you begin to have numerous fantasies running through your brain about what they do…

Maybe they’re a ninja, or a Pilot for an airship, or if its a Pegasus they might make you think they are looking to become a star athlete flyer, or maybe its Winter.

…Each of those Possibilities lead to imagining a number of scenarios…
Maybe one where you’re sneaking off somewhere in the dead of night to indulge in forbidden romance with the Ninja fantasy…
Maybe you’re thinking of becoming sky pirates with wind in your hair and the world the stage for a romantic fantasy involving the Pilot idea…
Or Maybe a suggestion of how firm and strong yet gentle they might feel to touch with the Athlete…
Maybe the idea of sipping Hot Cocoa in front of a fireplace if its winter…

And before you know it… The next thoughts you’ve had after any of those ideas is probably NSFW, even though those ideas themselves aren’t that bad.

In short… Putting clothes on a Pony makes it NSFW because we think too hard about it when they do.

That’s a good theory here is another:

Whether or not you believe in god, Everyone is instilled with the shame and vulnerability of being nekkid.
The biblical version of covering your shame with clothing, women being the temptress’ of evil, and man being taught that these “private parts” are evil.
An animal doesn’t have any of this. it is purely an animal. If you see 2 dogs fucking, you’re like, OK it’s just 2 dogs fucking but you see 2 people fucking and now you’re EWW thats dirty and wrong.
By putting clothes on ponies it has now made them closer to human and thus covering of “dirty, shameful, private parts”.
So you see, even at a subliminal level, If you see fluttershy’s plot you are ok but see her in panties and you think that’s “dirty”.

Also I have worked around women in the nude before. I see drawing a nude the same way as me having to shoot a movie with sex scene.
You treat as work and you act accordingly. There is a difference between when it’s work and when it’s not.
It doesn’t mean it doesn’t turn you on or even that you can’t look at the artwork in a sexual way when you are done drawing it.

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:53PM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

That’s a good theory here is another:

Whether or not you believe in god, Everyone is instilled with the shame and vulnerability of being nekkid.
The biblical version of covering your shame with clothing, women being the temptress’ of evil, and man being taught that these “private parts” are evil.
An animal doesn’t have any of this. it is purely an animal. If you see 2 dogs fucking, you’re like, OK it’s just 2 dogs fucking but you see 2 people fucking and now you’re EWW thats dirty and wrong.
By putting clothes on ponies it has now made them closer to human and thus covering of “dirty, shameful, private parts”.
So you see, even at a subliminal level, If you see fluttershy’s plot you are ok but see her in panties and you think that’s “dirty”.

Also I have worked around women in the nude before. I see drawing a nude the same way as me having to shoot a movie with sex scene.
You treat as work and you act accordingly. There is a difference between when it’s work and when it’s not.
It doesn’t mean it doesn’t turn you on or even that you can’t look at the artwork in a sexual way when you are done drawing it.

Nice 1776 get.

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:55PM EDT
Quote

@Shipping story

I think Random hit it pretty much on the head when he said the problem isn’t so much the substance of the story as it was the quantity of it. Like I mentioned, I’m really fine with that kind of thing if it’s done on a semi-rare occasion. It was that it seemed to be coming to dominate the thread that was bothering me. Likewise, what I found to be kind of creepy wasn’t really the story or what was being described in it, but rather that this felt like it was becoming a sort of roleplaying thread and…yeah.

Mark, I would suggest taking one of Random or BSoD’s suggestions. Either only update your story every once in a while, or if you want to make it into a regular thing and you’ve got users who would be interested, would you please make a new thread or a google doc or something? Hell, maybe you could turn it into a genuine roleplay if you were so inclined.

No hard feelings okay? I don’t hold anything against you for liking shipping stuff, I just don’t want it shoved in my face.

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 12:08AM EDT
Jun 12, 2013 at 12:05AM EDT
Quote

@Fifths

I just don’t want it shoved in my face.

I know you loved it, don’t lie.

But for the record, there was never going to be any roleplaying. It was just one guy sharing a story which happened to involve our own avatars for LULZ sake. Me and Platus weren’t about to start sexting each other on the page.

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 03:42AM EDT
Jun 12, 2013 at 12:24AM EDT
Quote

@Derpy

I Disagree with some of your Premises, so your conclusion might be just as flawed… So… Point Breakdown time!

Also… Note this is coming from someone who doesn’t feel sexually attracted without feeling Romantically attracted first.

Whether or not you believe in god, Everyone is instilled with the shame and vulnerability of being nekkid.

I’d only agree with the Vulnerability part. I don’t have that shame. In fact, I’ve got the feeling the shame is culturally instilled.

However… I tend to prefer to wear something not because of shame (Since not even the dreams of me being naked have shame), but because wearing clothes hurts less.

An animal doesn’t have any of this. it is purely an animal. If you see 2 dogs fucking, you’re like, OK it’s just 2 dogs fucking but you see 2 people fucking and now you’re EWW thats dirty and wrong.

Half the time I have the same opinion of the dogs doing it as I do for people doing it…Dogs doing it is just as Dirty as Humans doing it for some reason… Maybe its because it seems so… Unromantic?

The other half the time is when we get sex right and be romantic about it. A thing that dogs don’t do very often, but humans do.

…Which Ironically, by being less dirty and more palatable… It feels more erotic for me since its now a highly personal act with very human vulnerability.

By putting clothes on ponies it has now made them closer to human and thus covering of “dirty, shameful, private parts”.

Actually, considering how its very easy to be desensitized to being Naked or seeing others naked to the point of feeling apathy for exposed parts I’d say… Not exactly…

Here’s a little story my dad told me…

He went to a nude bar…

After a while of going there he stopped getting much of a reaction to the already naked parts. The parts on their own no longer caused a reaction in him.

The end.

So you see, even at a subliminal level, If you see fluttershy’s plot you are ok but see her in panties and you think that’s “dirty”.

…The same goes for humans…

In a reversal of my Dad’s story… Human bodies that are naked already don’t interest me… Regardless of context.

Meanwhile… Clothed bodies get more of a reaction from me… To the point I feel more… Excited… When someone is wearing a full outfit.

It doesn’t mean it doesn’t turn you on or even that you can’t look at the artwork in a sexual way when you are done drawing it.

…Nope…

I still feel nothing for those Naked Pictures I drew in a Live model Class once.

There’s just… Nothing interesting to see there.

If there was meant to be something there to turn me on… I just didn’t see it.

There’s just nothing about the images that implies to my brain “Sexual Acts”.

Not even in the presence of their nakedness.

If I decided to draw certain kinds of clothes on the images… I might become slightly aroused. But naked, as they are, and without any context of sex… They are just too boring to be Erotic.

…To conclude…

Naked Human=Naked Fluttershy < Clothed Human=Clothed Fluttershy.

Therefore… Clothes are for some reason more sexual than lack of clothes. Although that may have to do with Cultural Baggage and Personal Fantasy.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:29AM EDT
Quote

@LunarProtege
As I said just theories but you are right some people are brought up without biblical shame but that same biblical shame goes so far back that whether you believe in it or not, it’s a part of social and governmental infrastructures.
There is no escaping it.

Maybe its because it seems so… Unromantic?

WUT??? dogs not romantic

Therefore… Clothes are for some reason more sexual than lack of clothes. Although that may have to do with Cultural Baggage and Personal Fantasy.

>You take fluttershy’s ass and compare it to a humans ass
>Put them both in panties and you think sexual
>Take panties off you don’t think sexual of human or pony

You may just have, what’s known as a fetish sir

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 01:19AM EDT
Jun 12, 2013 at 01:15AM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen said:

So yes we need to take it somewhere else to avoid shitstorms.

>avoid shitstorms
>Equestria Girls in under a week

Good luck with that.

As for the shipfic, it may just be because I have Fimfiction permanently on two tabs and look over 250 fanfics each night, but I was never rustled by it. I always took the user shipping as being completely joking and about as serious as that crackfic where Twilight and Shining Armor are peas.

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 06:38AM EDT
Jun 12, 2013 at 06:37AM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

That’s a good theory here is another:

Whether or not you believe in god, Everyone is instilled with the shame and vulnerability of being nekkid.
The biblical version of covering your shame with clothing, women being the temptress’ of evil, and man being taught that these “private parts” are evil.
An animal doesn’t have any of this. it is purely an animal. If you see 2 dogs fucking, you’re like, OK it’s just 2 dogs fucking but you see 2 people fucking and now you’re EWW thats dirty and wrong.
By putting clothes on ponies it has now made them closer to human and thus covering of “dirty, shameful, private parts”.
So you see, even at a subliminal level, If you see fluttershy’s plot you are ok but see her in panties and you think that’s “dirty”.

Also I have worked around women in the nude before. I see drawing a nude the same way as me having to shoot a movie with sex scene.
You treat as work and you act accordingly. There is a difference between when it’s work and when it’s not.
It doesn’t mean it doesn’t turn you on or even that you can’t look at the artwork in a sexual way when you are done drawing it.

>bible says women being temptress’ of evil
>shows female, sinless, virgin giving birth to the savior of the human race

That really doesn’t make a lot of sense. I could explain my point of view on this but I’m afraid I might derail the thread or go full religious.

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 06:49AM EDT
Jun 12, 2013 at 06:43AM EDT

“Yet she multiplied her whoredoms, in calling to remembrance the days of her youth, wherein she had played the harlot in the land of Egypt. For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.” (Ezekiel 23: 19-21)

“and lusted after her paramours there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose emission was like that of stallions.” (Ezekiel 23: 21, NRSV)

Jun 12, 2013 at 07:51AM EDT
Quote

@Bionicle

Actually, theres some simple logic on that: People were capable of changing their philosophical viewpoints and adopting new enlightenments and truths back in the biblical era. Also it was made by different people with different opinions across centuries (Thats why the Bible changes its mind on a lot of things. It contains progression). But that’s waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic. Vazquez wasn’t even going there. He’s trying to explain how the cultural taboo of nudity was instilled in culture so lets steer the topic back onto that.

On that note, I think Vazquez has the right idea. The nudity taboo and clothing are like yin and yang thanks to our centuries of cultural training. So what gets applied with clothes (such as ponies) can inherit all the associations we have with clothes, including our response to their removal


@TSG

>avoid shitstorms
>Equestria Girls in under a week
Good luck with that.

As for the shipfic, it may just be because I have Fimfiction permanently on two tabs and look over 250 fanfics each night, but I was never rustled by it. I always took the user shipping as being completely joking and about as serious as that crackfic where Twilight and Shining Armor are peas.

One shitstorm is better than two.

There’s nothing the mod team can do to prevent the ensuing shitstorm of the Bronypocalypse…

…Is that right? Bronypocalypse? Or is it the Aponylypse? Whatever doomsday event sure to wipe us from the face of the internet when EqG hits the theatres. But we try our best to keep shitstorms minimal

The whole user shipping was completely joking. I was the butt (hehe) of the joke in it too and even I wasn’t rustled. My decade of internet exposure has given me jimmies of solid steel (at least for NSFW things anyway).

But that’s just me. Doesn’t mean others are comfortable with that sort of thing and it turns out people weren’t so the projects been moved to Google Docs. There’s only one pony thread on this forum so we gotta respect all the different people who collect here for different reasons

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 08:20AM EDT
Jun 12, 2013 at 08:11AM EDT
Quote

I have gotten to the point where I don’t feel rustled by Equestria girls at all. Don’t know, but that trailer kinda sold it to me. The only thing that rustles my jimmies is the fact that THEY’RE NOT PLAYING IT ANYWHERE NEAR ME EVEN THOUGH I HAVE THIS NICE LITTLE THEATER BY MY PLACE THAT PLAY SMALL LOW BUDGET MOVIES ALL THE DAMN TIME!

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:18AM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

“Yet she multiplied her whoredoms, in calling to remembrance the days of her youth, wherein she had played the harlot in the land of Egypt. For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.” (Ezekiel 23: 19-21)

“and lusted after her paramours there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose emission was like that of stallions.” (Ezekiel 23: 21, NRSV)

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:03PM EDT
Quote

Okay i am back.. 10 pages after me eh?
Let’s see what you guys been up to.

Music Thing
(meh brony musicans are fine by me. Just being a brony doesn’t makes them different or amusing from other musicians.
As a non brony musician/ group? I prefer TSFH. EPIC FOREVER)

Family Photo
(i am in that photo cos i consumed somepony)

Mark’s Fanfic
(boner)

OC Shipping
( BSOD IS MY W.. Maybe we all can share..)

NSFW and clothes issue
(lel. technically i am not wearing clothes either)

Bible
(wait what?)

EQG
(not really seems different from the show. just some kind of anthro shit)

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 03:41PM EDT
Jun 12, 2013 at 03:15PM EDT
Quote

Bionicle the Brony Lurker said:

>bible says women being temptress’ of evil
>shows female, sinless, virgin giving birth to the savior of the human race

I don’t see how that’s faulty logic. It never says all women are evil. Just as there’s the Jezebels and Delilahs so there’s also the Ruths and Deborahs. Besides, that was written by Solomon, aka the guy that had 500 wives. If you had 500 wives, wouldn’t you think that women are evil? God may have given him wisdom, but apparently common sense doesn’t come with it.

If we’re gonna quote Bible verses, then I might as well point out that God’s a fan of [Grimdark] fics, he even wrote one:

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

--Isaiah 34:7 (KJV)
Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 05:26PM EDT
Jun 12, 2013 at 05:25PM EDT
Quote

>points out “faulty logic” in Vasquez’s post
>tfw you might start religion debate in pony thread

Great, I brought up a topic that I don’t want to discuss. (What is wrong with me?)
I don’t want to rustle any jimmies or get off topic even more. Oh well then.

@Kewln00b Balboa

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 05:59PM EDT
Jun 12, 2013 at 05:44PM EDT

@Equestria Girls:

So it’s decided. Me and a couple of my buddies are gonna go see it in theaters on Sunday, wearing brony shirts and quoting the show.

PREPARE YOUR ANUS, MULTIPLEX, FOR I HAVE ENTERED MY FINAL FORM.

YES! KINGDOM HEARTS III! FINALLY!

Jun 12, 2013 at 05:46PM EDT
Quote

@Jimmy Lethal: Nice to know you are going with your friends. If only mine liked ponies…

About Kingdom Hearts III. It really is something to get excited. But I’m MORE excited about Destiny and Battlefront

Jun 12, 2013 at 07:21PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Family photo

It’s finally here. Enjoy. Large size

Lol, I’m not in it.
:>
That’s what I get for being a procrastinator. Oh well, if you want you can just put me as a broken image and I’m all set for it. :3
Here I am in all of my glory.

(Now that I think about it, there are a lot of people who go on this thread. Wow, I say we’re a tiny population, to be honest.)

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 07:55PM EDT
Jun 12, 2013 at 07:54PM EDT
Quote

Welp, let’s hope I can handle more Equestria Girls spoilers considering…..you know I won’t even be able to see the movie even after I got this renewed faith in the project because…..fuck it, I’m not even going to say it again and risk sounding like a broken record……But seriously man, they made the “Spike is a dog” thing actually….likable.

Fucking promoters….welp guess I’ll have to wait for the Bluray so I can watch it alone without a million other bronies and possible overweight neckbeards corrupting the few little girls who show up’s views on My Little Pony as some 40 year old man shouts at some little girl for ‘not liking his waifu’………………………..Huh, maybe those promoters did something right.

Jun 12, 2013 at 07:59PM EDT
Quote

Kewln00b? wrote:

Welp, let’s hope I can handle more Equestria Girls spoilers considering…..you know I won’t even be able to see the movie even after I got this renewed faith in the project because…..fuck it, I’m not even going to say it again and risk sounding like a broken record……But seriously man, they made the “Spike is a dog” thing actually….likable.

Fucking promoters….welp guess I’ll have to wait for the Bluray so I can watch it alone without a million other bronies and possible overweight neckbeards corrupting the few little girls who show up’s views on My Little Pony as some 40 year old man shouts at some little girl for ‘not liking his waifu’………………………..Huh, maybe those promoters did something right.

As well, I believe the closest I can get to a theater that has that movie is around ten hours away. Also, my job has me overwhelmed with a shitload of projects. So spoilers will do.

Jun 12, 2013 at 09:40PM EDT
Quote

OK, everyone! I decided to follow BSoD’s advice and prevent the thread from derailing, and now the link to the crackfic is now on my wall! It is still in progress, but I can assure you the story will be finished in the next two or three days or so. So the mods won’t punish me and some users are warned, this story is NSFW! You don’t have to read it… I’m not forcing you to… this is your choice and yours alone. If you do read it, I’d appreciate it if you could comment on it either on my wall or on the story itself, not on here. Again, I don’t want the mods mad at me and users leaving the thread, so if you could do that, thank you very much.


Now, what’s the topic… Equestria Girl hype/hate?

Well, I am glad this movie’s coming to a theater near me, because the next closest theater is a good 37 kilometers away. And I believe a lot of my friends from school will be going to see it (we have a Brony/Pegasister Club, and there’s over seventy students in it, and twelve teachers and staff members). It will be glorious, conquering the theater together!

We actually plan to reserve a viewing only for ourselves, and we’re negotiating with the owner right now on that.

@ Ponified Games

I’m surprised no one posted this upcoming masterpiece yet…



I can’t wait until Super Smash Bros. comes out for 3DS (because I won’t buy a Wii U just for this game).

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 10:16PM EDT
Jun 12, 2013 at 09:47PM EDT
Quote

And here I thought Bronies were not on board with EqG. It seems I was wrong.

A few weeks ago I could have sworn nobody was going to watch it, but now everyone is changing their minds and are just going to see it anyway, even if they hate it.

Sounds like a lot of people want to go just to witness the epic spaghetti that will ensue when the little girls and parents clash with the neckbeards and fedora’s

Little do people realise that EVERY Brony is going for that exact reason: to behold the spaghetti…which I suppose will result in pretty good spaghetti anyway…but you will be part of it.

Makes me want to watch it just so I can witness all the spaghetti of the spaghetti watchers becoming victims of their own spaghetti….which will get me involved in the spaghetti.

Holy shit, there is going to be so much spaghetti

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:58PM EDT
Quote

Kewln00b? wrote:

Welp, let’s hope I can handle more Equestria Girls spoilers considering…..you know I won’t even be able to see the movie even after I got this renewed faith in the project because…..fuck it, I’m not even going to say it again and risk sounding like a broken record……But seriously man, they made the “Spike is a dog” thing actually….likable.

Fucking promoters….welp guess I’ll have to wait for the Bluray so I can watch it alone without a million other bronies and possible overweight neckbeards corrupting the few little girls who show up’s views on My Little Pony as some 40 year old man shouts at some little girl for ‘not liking his waifu’………………………..Huh, maybe those promoters did something right.


Jun 12, 2013 at 11:40PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

And here I thought Bronies were not on board with EqG. It seems I was wrong.

A few weeks ago I could have sworn nobody was going to watch it, but now everyone is changing their minds and are just going to see it anyway, even if they hate it.

Sounds like a lot of people want to go just to witness the epic spaghetti that will ensue when the little girls and parents clash with the neckbeards and fedora’s

Little do people realise that EVERY Brony is going for that exact reason: to behold the spaghetti…which I suppose will result in pretty good spaghetti anyway…but you will be part of it.

Makes me want to watch it just so I can witness all the spaghetti of the spaghetti watchers becoming victims of their own spaghetti….which will get me involved in the spaghetti.

Holy shit, there is going to be so much spaghetti

@BSoD’s spaghetti orgy

BSoD, in order to appear to not be a complete hypocrite for trying to get the shipping story taken off, I’ve resisted expressing my primordial lust for you. You causing me to envision your tight little body in a pool of marinara, noodles getting every which where, is not making this easier. Knock it off.

Stupid sexy BSoD

But yeah, that last trailer has just left me curious how this whole thing is going to unfold above all else. It looks like DHX and the writers really did their damndest to make this not suck, so I’m interested to see how well they’ll be able to salvage such a shitty premise.

Who knows, we might actually end up getting something we legitimately enjoy. Wouldn’t be the first time the staff managed to make lead into gold, although I highly doubt we’ll be getting anything quite so excellent. I guess you can chalk me up as guardedly hopeful for copper.

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:38AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!