Forums / Discussion / General

171,269 total conversations in 5,502 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9944 posts from 165 users

RandomMan wrote:

But let’s not forget that Rarity is a selfish feminazi bitch cunt who will die alone without a lover who lets all the ugly stallions do her for cheap gems like the whore she is.

So Rarity is a hooker? Interesting headcanon.


Meanwhile, on Page 66, Four Horses of The Ponyocalypse.

Last edited Jul 23, 2013 at 11:20AM EDT
Jul 23, 2013 at 11:18AM EDT
Quote

Jimmy Boxtrousers wrote:

RandomMan wrote:

But let’s not forget that Rarity is a selfish feminazi bitch cunt who will die alone without a lover who lets all the ugly stallions do her for cheap gems like the whore she is.

So Rarity is a hooker? Interesting headcanon.


Meanwhile, on Page 66, Four Horses of The Ponyocalypse.

I almost wish we could let these threads be longer, so we could actually have a page 666. Anyway, page 66 on the last thread would technically be page 6.66, which is pretty good I guess.

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:16PM EDT
Quote

PeanutButterChocolate wrote:

Gentlemen, I believe I have found something that is yet to be ponified. I have searched everywhere and could not find a ponified version of Ridley Scott’s Black Hawk Down. It seems the internet is actually wrong, there IS something non ponified. A sad day for bronies… Unless, any of you willing to change that?

I can’t help you with that, haven’t seen that.
I do know that Jagged Alliance, one of my new favorite video game series has no pony stuff. I had some ideas for that though, not sure if I’ll ever do any of them though.

@Crazy C: Is that the plushie that the guy who’s married to/will marry Twilight has? Looks similar if not.

BTW, what’s the post/page limit for these topics?

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:18PM EDT
Quote

Crash: If I remember correctly, it’d be around the 199-200 page mark before the thread goes to it’s limit. We’re only a little over a quarter of the way there.

Jul 23, 2013 at 02:20PM EDT
Quote

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

Crash: If I remember correctly, it’d be around the 199-200 page mark before the thread goes to it’s limit. We’re only a little over a quarter of the way there.

It isn’t a hard limit. Rather, one of the mods with forum powers will lock the thread around then manually and then start a new one. This goes back to Pony General I, after people were complaining that the list of pages was taking up too much space on the thread list. As far as I’m aware, there is no hard-coded limit to the number of pages a thread can have, only this particular convention.

Jul 23, 2013 at 02:32PM EDT
Quote

So after some of you guys took pics of pony swag you have, I decided to lay out (almost) my entire collection of poni stuff.

Pictured:
-Blue Vinyl Scratch shirt
-Black Trixie shirt
-Black Luna shirt
-Comics (Hot Topic covers #1-8)
-Grey Rainbow Dash “Brony” wallet
-Fluttershy trading card box
-Vinyl Scratch trading card box
-Blindbags (from left to right): Junebug, Neon Flower Hearts*, Neon Granny Smith, Twilight Sparkle

Not Pictured:
-Grey group shirt
-Pinkie Pie trading card box

(*Name unknown, going by memory.)

Jul 23, 2013 at 03:25PM EDT
Quote

Following the trend of posting your pony collection, here’s my huge ammount of stuff

Yeah, that’s about it. A Fluttershy shirt I got printed in Meijel, where I live. And that Pinkie Pie ‘poster sticker’, that my mom got me for my birthday. Still waiting for the Vinyl Scratch shirt to arrive from Redbubble.

Last edited Jul 23, 2013 at 03:47PM EDT
Jul 23, 2013 at 03:35PM EDT
Quote

@Page 66

Its 666 that’s the Demonic one, not 66.

66 is Road Trip on Route 66.

…Although I guess it makes jack all difference when Hollywood makes out like Road Trips make you want to kill each other just as much as the Apocalypse does…

Hmm… Looks like there’s Jack all in the Derpibooru Tags for Road Trips… Anyone care to sketch something up?

Jul 23, 2013 at 03:52PM EDT
Quote

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin said:

Crash: If I remember correctly, it’d be around the 199-200 page mark before the thread goes to it’s limit. We’re only a little over a quarter of the way there.

And then, when we hit the 150-160 mark, we start getting ready for the Thread Title Election, where we decide on the next title. SuperPACs, Advance rigging the election, mod-imposed military juntas, and Verbose going clinically insane ensue.

@Merch
The only merch I have is the EU stuff (Chyrsalis comic arc, sea pony book, Crystal Heart book), both season box sets, the Dr Whooves Deadparrot gave me, and a Enterplay Fluttershy trading card I snagged when they had their free mail-in giveaway.

Jul 23, 2013 at 04:34PM EDT
Quote

@Page 66

I think I’ll start watching Doctor Who, after I finish Breaking Bad.

Jul 23, 2013 at 05:39PM EDT
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

Kewln00b The Master of Unlocking said:

Ah ha, it’s all fun and games until I’m sending angry letters to clop artists asking them to take down their Rule34 of my Fiance Dashie.

take down their Rule34 of my Fiance Dashie.

Rule34 of my Fiance Dashie.

Fiance Dashie.

Fiance

Dat Rule 63.

DrWhooves said:

I’d strongly recommend Doctor Who, I would try and explain why but when I do I usually end up just screaming “Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, Donna Noble, TARDIS” at them.

>Not including Amelia and Rory Pond
>not including Clara Oswald
Do you even companions?

Personally, I’d wait until after the 12th Doctor shitstorm subsides this fall before getting involved. Speaking of, I wonder how they’ll handwave the fact that there can only be eleven regenerations?

…it’ll be time travel, won’t it (or the Valeyard)?

I didn’t include Amelia and Rory Pond or Clara because "Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, Donna Noble, TARDIS” was actually a reference to the Doctor Who episode “Midnight”, when the Tenth Doctor is testing if the possessed woman can repeat things that wouldn’t have any meaning to her he then says to the woman who repeats what he says in sync “Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, Donna Noble TARDIS”. I do like the Ponds however.

:

Last edited Jul 23, 2013 at 06:49PM EDT
Jul 23, 2013 at 06:29PM EDT
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin said:

Crash: If I remember correctly, it’d be around the 199-200 page mark before the thread goes to it’s limit. We’re only a little over a quarter of the way there.

And then, when we hit the 150-160 mark, we start getting ready for the Thread Title Election, where we decide on the next title. SuperPACs, Advance rigging the election, mod-imposed military juntas, and Verbose going clinically insane ensue.

@Merch
The only merch I have is the EU stuff (Chyrsalis comic arc, sea pony book, Crystal Heart book), both season box sets, the Dr Whooves Deadparrot gave me, and a Enterplay Fluttershy trading card I snagged when they had their free mail-in giveaway.

Ah, yes, Thread Title Elections. If I could suggest the first one, I’d go with “KYM Pony General VIII: User Shipping Is Relative”.

Jul 23, 2013 at 07:15PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Man you guys really don’t know your ways around the internet. I’m not a clopper myself, but I’ll give you the tip that TwentyPercentCooler (SFW/NSFW) and e621 (Full on NSFW, lots of furry) are both still accessible for your clopping needs.

Ya damn perverts.


But let’s not forget that Rarity is a selfish feminazi bitch cunt who will die alone without a lover who lets all the ugly stallions do her for cheap gems like the whore she is.

Solid Argument about Rarity, I stand corrected, but then again.. any argument where someone uses a bunch of swear words among the words “die” and “whore” is always going to be a solid argument. Holds back urge to point out the many flaws of Twilight Sparkle.

:

Last edited Jul 23, 2013 at 07:19PM EDT
Jul 23, 2013 at 07:16PM EDT
Quote

Dr Whooves wrote:

Solid Argument about Rarity, I stand corrected, but then again.. any argument where someone uses a bunch of swear words among the words “die” and “whore” is always going to be a solid argument. Holds back urge to point out the many flaws of Twilight Sparkle.

:

Oh look, it’s Popeye.

Jul 23, 2013 at 07:31PM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

It isn’t a hard limit. Rather, one of the mods with forum powers will lock the thread around then manually and then start a new one. This goes back to Pony General I, after people were complaining that the list of pages was taking up too much space on the thread list. As far as I’m aware, there is no hard-coded limit to the number of pages a thread can have, only this particular convention.

On this note I would LOVE to see a modification to this website where the pagination for the thread on the thread list works identically to the pagination inside the actual thread rather than just numbering every single existing page. That would remove the need for a restriction and would not require that much coding

Jul 23, 2013 at 08:36PM EDT
Quote

Jimmy Boxtrousers wrote:

Ah, yes, Thread Title Elections. If I could suggest the first one, I’d go with “KYM Pony General VIII: User Shipping Is Relative”.

If there were elections, I’d rename the entire thread to “KYM Weenie Hut General”

Last edited Jul 23, 2013 at 08:48PM EDT
Jul 23, 2013 at 08:47PM EDT
Quote

Laud Piestrings wrote:

@ Apocalypse Ponies
I’m surprised this one wasn’t posted yet…
Apocalypse Ponies
Yeah… I’m on my phone, so I can’t post vids…

It has been posted before, many times in fact.

Jul 23, 2013 at 09:31PM EDT
Quote

PeanutButterChocolate wrote:

If there were elections, I’d rename the entire thread to “KYM Weenie Hut General”

Or we could go with “Pony General VIII: Rarity Is A Hooker”. Also, welcome to PG!

Jul 23, 2013 at 09:45PM EDT
Quote

Jimmy Boxtrousers wrote:

Or we could go with “Pony General VIII: Rarity Is A Hooker”. Also, welcome to PG!

“Rarity is a hooker”
I like the way you think!

Jul 23, 2013 at 09:54PM EDT
Quote

Let’s NOT get started on another thread title vote already. Save that for Page 170 as I’m pretty sure Verbose doesn’t want to see another post involving the words “The next thread title should be….”

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:03PM EDT
Quote

@season 4 spoilers

Sorry I’m late for this, I’ve been busy boarding up this huge hole in my house.

Because the hype train rolled in and blew my ass away!

super excited, holy shit.

Also it looks like derpibooru is back up now, guys.

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:05PM EDT
Quote

Laud Piestrings wrote:

@ Apocalypse Ponies
I’m surprised this one wasn’t posted yet…
Apocalypse Ponies
Yeah… I’m on my phone, so I can’t post vids…

After re-watching that for the first time in a while, I just noticed that the Famine Pony looks a tiny bit like Princess Luna. I’m not the only one who noticed that, right?

And speaking of stuff Seth Green is involved with…

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:07PM EDT
Quote

I thought it was fluttershy who was the prostitute

Rarity is only a few years away from being one of the milf sluts of ponyville

master race

Last edited Jul 23, 2013 at 10:20PM EDT
Jul 23, 2013 at 10:17PM EDT
Quote

Kewln00b The Manchild wrote:

Let’s NOT get started on another thread title vote already. Save that for Page 170 as I’m pretty sure Verbose doesn’t want to see another post involving the words “The next thread title should be….”

Hahano.

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:03AM EDT

Verbose wrote:

Hahano.

That’s the spirit Verbs……I think? I’m going to assume you’re still mentally stable after….the incident.

Jul 24, 2013 at 02:20AM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vasquez wrote:


@Verbose
“Hey, I’ve got a great idea for the next title! It should be…”

“… I’ll be good.”


For anyone who was waiting for a full quality rip before watching Equestria Girls, your time has come: Torrent Link
Hasbro was selling pre-release Blu-Rays at ComicCon so, like clockwork, it hit the internet very soon after.

Jul 24, 2013 at 04:51AM EDT
Quote

Speaking of EqG, I’ve seen people on erpibooru labelling the characters in that as anthros…

…wat, they’re just oddly colored humans! ಠ_ಠ

Jul 24, 2013 at 06:48AM EDT
Quote

@Thread Title Election

Verbose’s sanity will soon be nothing more than a memory. A memory of bygone days filled with happiness and user shipping. For a storm is rising. A storm that will try the hearts and minds of those who dare to ride through it. Many will be challenged. Few will come out of it intact. It will take the collective will of the Thread and the bond that has been formed over many pages to survive the trials ahead, for the Pony General Eight Thread Title Election will soon arrive, and it will spare no one.

Dr Whooves said:

Holds back urge to point out the many flaws of Twilight Sparkle.

>flaws
>Twilight Sparkle

Pick one.

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 06:58AM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 06:57AM EDT
Quote

xTGSx Wrote:


>flaws
>Twilight Sparkle

Pick one.

Translation: Twilight Sparkle is a Mild case of Mary Sue who most of her problems stem from her overly obsessive nature to be perfect, which in itself is not so much a flaw so much as a Mental Disorder, considering it means everything she does is always Perfect, and the only ill effect on her is Temporary Distress.

…Maybe…

I have no idea how this actually works, or if that’s what either of you were thinking… It’s just a very good guess.

Jul 24, 2013 at 07:16AM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

Hahano.

>Free will.

Jul 24, 2013 at 09:09AM EDT
Quote

@Thread title vote

Have you all lost your goddamned minds?!? We can’t just have another thread title vote!

…first we need to have a vote as to whether we should have another thread title vote. And of course we need to decide what the voting method for the vote deciding whether or not we will vote for a new thread title will be. Hmm…do you think we ought to vote on that? What voting method should we use for the vote deciding which voting method we should use for the vote to decide whether or not we will have a vote about the next thread title?

Oh my, looks like we’ve got a lot of voting to do. Better get to work Verbose.

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 09:23AM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 09:15AM EDT
Quote

Are we really going to vote for the name of the next thread? NOW?
Fine, KYM Pony General VIII: Alicorn Dynasty”

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:19AM EDT
Quote

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

Are we really going to vote for the name of the next thread? NOW?
Fine, KYM Pony General VIII: Alicorn Dynasty”

Oh I’ve got one. How about

KYM Pony General VIII: Alicorn who’s goin aboard!

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 10:38AM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 10:37AM EDT
Quote

Or how about we wait for the New Star Wars movies to come out and name General VIII after Episode VIII.

If not we should name it General VIII: Diamond Tiara is best pone. See, it’s a joke because no one could say that with a straight face, instead of a clever pun we just pimp slap everyone with something straight forward.

ORRRRRRRRR we can make a parody of the potential Spaceballs sequel title called KYM Pony General 9: The search for KYM General VIII

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:04AM EDT
Quote

KYM Pony General VIII: Applejack In The Middle”
KYM Pony General VIII: Scootaloo’s Declassified Schoolhouse Survival Guide”
KYM Pony General VIII: King of The Sombra”

Ah, man, I could do these all day.


Derpy Vazquez said:

Is it bad I found this picture cute?

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:44AM EDT
Quote

Brace yourselves – quality eqg gifs are here!

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 12:26PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 12:22PM EDT
Quote

Hey, guys, I was wondering. I wanted to make a roleplay for us, but how should I do it? Should it be put in another thread, or should it be here? I really don’t know where to go with this.

Jul 24, 2013 at 04:12PM EDT
Quote

@HQ Equestria Girls


@Jimmy
Making a separate thread would work better, I guess. Otherwise, we’ll get our pony conversations mixed up with RP stuff
edit
What RM said

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 04:30PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 04:26PM EDT
Quote

Jimmy Boxtrousers wrote:

Hey, guys, I was wondering. I wanted to make a roleplay for us, but how should I do it? Should it be put in another thread, or should it be here? I really don’t know where to go with this.

Depends on how deep you want to take it and how many are participating.

We currently do have a Rolyplay General. Mark is a regular there, so she can help you out a bit better with that. But from what I know that story has gone very deep at this point. There are less than 10 users actively posting there but their character roster is already counting more than 100 characters. And although some characters are from the MLP universe (hello again Mark), the story isn’t pony-centered. So if a MLP roleplay is your plan, don’t try that.

In here really depends on the activity, because not everyone here is interested in seeing a roleplay let alone participate in one. If you are only 2-3 people, see if you can hide some stuff below spoiler buttons inbetween posts, don’t make it clog up everything but allow those interested to follow the story. If it becomes more than that, I will have no problem with a seperate thread, but with an already existing Roleplay Thread I cannot guarantee it will last (also making a seperate thread means you’ll open it up to posters who don’t visit this thread).

With how deep the current Roleplay thread is going, it is near-impossible for interested parties to join there, so a second Roleplay thread should not be a bother if it helps things going along. I’m currently a sort of overlooking party regarding those things thanks to someone (hintMarkhint), so I can work it out regarding mods and stuff if needed.

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 04:30PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 04:29PM EDT
Quote

Ugh, I don’t want to wait till thread ten (X) to suggest an X-Files themed name…

Jul 24, 2013 at 04:29PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Depends on how deep you want to take it and how many are participating.

We currently do have a Rolyplay General. Mark is a regular there, so she can help you out a bit better with that. But from what I know that story has gone very deep at this point. There are less than 10 users actively posting there but their character roster is already counting more than 100 characters. And although some characters are from the MLP universe (hello again Mark), the story isn’t pony-centered. So if a MLP roleplay is your plan, don’t try that.

In here really depends on the activity, because not everyone here is interested in seeing a roleplay let alone participate in one. If you are only 2-3 people, see if you can hide some stuff below spoiler buttons inbetween posts, don’t make it clog up everything but allow those interested to follow the story. If it becomes more than that, I will have no problem with a seperate thread, but with an already existing Roleplay Thread I cannot guarantee it will last (also making a seperate thread means you’ll open it up to posters who don’t visit this thread).

With how deep the current Roleplay thread is going, it is near-impossible for interested parties to join there, so a second Roleplay thread should not be a bother if it helps things going along. I’m currently a sort of overlooking party regarding those things thanks to someone (hintMarkhint), so I can work it out regarding mods and stuff if needed.

I was thinking of a roleplay involving our OCs in an alternate Earth/Equestria coexisting universe (the Prime universe from a while back) where we have different “story arcs” that affect every character. In between those, there would be separate minor stories that could be set up by users involving two to four characters. There would be at least two “admins” who could set up story arcs and events, consisting of me and somebody else.

So, it’s basically Pony Roleplay General. So, yeah, a new thread would probably be required.

Jul 24, 2013 at 04:55PM EDT
Quote

Jimmy wrote:

I was thinking of a roleplay involving our oc’s

>mfw when no oc

by users involving two to four characters

does that mean you can use canon characters?
Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 05:08PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 05:06PM EDT
Quote

The inner thoughts of Verbose’s mind when the words “The title of the next thread should be…” are typed out on this thread.

Jul 24, 2013 at 05:37PM EDT
Quote

To take our minds off of the Thread Title Election (and maybe salvage what’s left of Verbose’s sanity), have some wild hype.

inb4 the Hub’s trolling and it has nothing to do with S4.

Jul 24, 2013 at 06:05PM EDT
Quote

Tomorrow we’ll check the Hub Facebook page to see “Hey everypony, I hope y’all wanted more season 4 of MLP! Well too bad, Littlest Pet Shop season 2 trailer!!!!”

Jul 24, 2013 at 06:34PM EDT
Quote

Kewln00b The Manchild wrote:

Tomorrow we’ll check the Hub Facebook page to see “Hey everypony, I hope y’all wanted more season 4 of MLP! Well too bad, Littlest Pet Shop season 2 trailer!!!!”

Nah, It’ll be more like they wait all day to actually post it, and in the meantime posting Teasers for EVERY SINGLE OTHER FRANCHISE!

So by the time they actually show us the MLP stuff we’d all be on the verge of Aneurisms and the mere posting of it would make everyone pass out from pure Pleasure and Relief from all the Build up.

Jul 24, 2013 at 06:57PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!