Forums / Discussion / General

171,330 total conversations in 5,616 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9943 posts from 165 users

And Meghan McCarthy will overhype the news by saying “I think the bronies will break the internet when they hear #MLPS4News”

Edit: Goddamn, another page get, I fucking hate these things. Guess I better add a pony


Close enough.

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 07:23PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 07:11PM EDT
Quote

Jimmy Lethal wrote:

I was thinking of a roleplay involving our OCs in an alternate Earth/Equestria coexisting universe (the Prime universe from a while back) where we have different “story arcs” that affect every character. In between those, there would be separate minor stories that could be set up by users involving two to four characters. There would be at least two “admins” who could set up story arcs and events, consisting of me and somebody else.

So, it’s basically Pony Roleplay General. So, yeah, a new thread would probably be required.

For quick starters, I’m not a fan of the small character limit. You’re really restriction the options as a “thread thing” there, if someone is an hour late in signing up this is a real fun killer. I’m also not going to allow a seperate thread for 3 people to slap their dicks around.

If you want it to work out, teamwork is needed of course. Respect each other wishes. Your OC is no sexgod who is friends with everyone. If a person holds no interest with doing an arc between his OC and yours, then so be it. More simply said, don’t force stuff, whether story scenarios or story relationships, let people catch up at their own pace and own way.

The way you describe this though, it sounds a bit like a collab fanfic, and perhaps with that you guys could agree on writing stuff in a Google Doc or something similar (which also avoids thread clogging). But if you gather enough support, I can’t see the issue with a JFF thread.

Can’t agree too much with the “admins” position as you describe it right now. They seem a bit like dictators going “All right faggots! This is how the story is going down, fucking deal with it!” If it’s a community thing, work together to make it like that, brainstorm and vote. If everyone agrees with how things go down, there is no need for admins. Is this your roleplay story or a thread collab?

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 07:31PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 07:28PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

For quick starters, I’m not a fan of the small character limit. You’re really restriction the options as a “thread thing” there, if someone is an hour late in signing up this is a real fun killer. I’m also not going to allow a seperate thread for 3 people to slap their dicks around.

If you want it to work out, teamwork is needed of course. Respect each other wishes. Your OC is no sexgod who is friends with everyone. If a person holds no interest with doing an arc between his OC and yours, then so be it. More simply said, don’t force stuff, whether story scenarios or story relationships, let people catch up at their own pace and own way.

The way you describe this though, it sounds a bit like a collab fanfic, and perhaps with that you guys could agree on writing stuff in a Google Doc or something similar (which also avoids thread clogging). But if you gather enough support, I can’t see the issue with a JFF thread.

Can’t agree too much with the “admins” position as you describe it right now. They seem a bit like dictators going “All right faggots! This is how the story is going down, fucking deal with it!” If it’s a community thing, work together to make it like that, brainstorm and vote. If everyone agrees with how things go down, there is no need for admins. Is this your roleplay story or a thread collab?

Voting would be a much better idea for story arcs, I agree, but only a couple people could activate major events within storylines. About the small character limit, I meant main characters. As in, the characters you’d enter a form for. You can have an unlimited number of minor characters or characters that are only in one arc.

About the Google Doc thing… yeah, that makes a lot of sense. It could replace /kym/tube on Saturday nights. We could do that for starters, and if ten people get into it, then a thread would be better.

Mike posted:

Does that mean you can use canon characters?

Of course you can.

Anyway, human pony bondage.

Jul 24, 2013 at 07:40PM EDT
Quote

And here we go again! HYPE TRAIN! CHOO CHOO!

Human pony page? FUCK YEAH!

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 07:47PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 07:44PM EDT
Quote

My local videogame/tabletop/comic shop has Vinyl collectible ponies.

Must.resist..urge.to.purchase.physical.pony.merch…..

Jul 24, 2013 at 08:29PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Depends on how deep you want to take it and how many are participating.

We currently do have a Rolyplay General. Mark is a regular there, so she can help you out a bit better with that. But from what I know that story has gone very deep at this point. There are less than 10 users actively posting there but their character roster is already counting more than 100 characters. And although some characters are from the MLP universe (hello again Mark), the story isn’t pony-centered. So if a MLP roleplay is your plan, don’t try that.

In here really depends on the activity, because not everyone here is interested in seeing a roleplay let alone participate in one. If you are only 2-3 people, see if you can hide some stuff below spoiler buttons inbetween posts, don’t make it clog up everything but allow those interested to follow the story. If it becomes more than that, I will have no problem with a seperate thread, but with an already existing Roleplay Thread I cannot guarantee it will last (also making a seperate thread means you’ll open it up to posters who don’t visit this thread).

With how deep the current Roleplay thread is going, it is near-impossible for interested parties to join there, so a second Roleplay thread should not be a bother if it helps things going along. I’m currently a sort of overlooking party regarding those things thanks to someone (hintMarkhint), so I can work it out regarding mods and stuff if needed.


All I heard in RandomMan’s post was “how deep you want to take it,” “gone very deep at this point,” “hide some stuff,” “don’t make it clog up,” “how deep,” and “party.”

But from only that, I can recommend something like me, RM, level4, Master Stunt, and you do on Google Docs. For those who don’t know what I mean, Docs can be constantly updated by other users on the same Doc, or even better, use a chatroom on the Doc. If you need more suggestions, feel free to ask me or RM for other options. A separate thread for RPing may not be the best idea if not many people participate.

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 08:38PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 08:32PM EDT
Quote

Hey, look what’s finally been completed!

Children of the Night!
Awesome song, some of the best lighting I’ve seen in an MLP video, and very solid animation!
Beautiful work!
(But I have to ask, is the ‘story’ here about Luna essentially kidnapping a bunch of children and taking them to form a colony on the moon? That’s kind of messed up, Luna…)


@Hub Hype
I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that they’ll be ‘officially’ announcing the TV air-date for Equstria Girls.
They sold copies early at ComicCon and the public Blu-Ray release is just a couple weeks away.
Seems like the time to do it.
I guess it’s a little odd to think they would use a picture of pony-forms to hype up an Equestria Girls reveal, but stranger things have happened.
Maybe I’m just keeping my expectations low to avoid disappointment.
Obviously, I’d be glad to be wrong, but that’s just my gut feeling.

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 08:46PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 08:44PM EDT
Quote

Mark wrote:

All I heard in RandomMan’s post was “how deep you want to take it,” “gone very deep at this point,” “hide some stuff,” “don’t make it clog up,” “how deep,” and “party.”

Those sections were added for a reason.

In case you want a chat+doc combo, I can advice making a Sync.in public note. You just need to give everyone the URL and thanks to the color codes the doc offers you can see exactly who added which sections. It’s a good way to run this type of Roleplay thing seperately.

Jul 24, 2013 at 08:49PM EDT
Quote

How long has it been since the first Children of the Night animatic was released? 2 years? I thought that the whole thing was dead by now.

ALSO HUSH DEADPARROT, PROPAGANDIST OF THE SUN, clearly her highness Princess Luna is taking disadvantaged children, slipping through the cracks of Celestia’s so called “utopia”, and taking them to a land of milk and honey where they will not suffer under the sun’s tyranny again!

But for real though, the only nitpick I have is that the rest of the regular ponies don’t have the amount of quality in their animation that Luna and Celestia have but I guess that’s a given.

As for the “big reveal”, I’ll agree with Deadparrot and say it’s the Season 4 air date. I really can’t see it being anything bigger than that.

What are people expecting anyway?

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 09:11PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 09:03PM EDT
Quote

@Slowly murdering Verbose
KYM Pony General VIII: Applejack Takes Manehattan


@burning_phoneix on vinyls
Wait… we have those here? Where did you see them?
Wait, no, nevermind. I have plenty of MLP merch as is. I mean, look at all this…

I just have too much money.


@Mark
I’m happy to join in, but be warned that it might be tricky for me to sync up with you guys due to timezones and the fact that I’m not going to be online as much as I have been once this week is over.

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 09:23PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 09:22PM EDT
Quote

@Pony merch
Don’t have any of that. I don’t often get merch from most of the shows I’m a fan of. I only recently got a Game of Thrones tulip glass and that was a gift from my grandparents who got it from one of my favorite breweries. Got some other stuff from the brewery, too.

@Mark
Like others have said, we’d have to be able to sync up so everyone who wants to be involved can join in. Otherwise, I definitely down for it.

Jul 24, 2013 at 09:33PM EDT
Quote

Lunar Protege wrote:

Nah, It’ll be more like they wait all day to actually post it, and in the meantime posting Teasers for EVERY SINGLE OTHER FRANCHISE!

So by the time they actually show us the MLP stuff we’d all be on the verge of Aneurisms and the mere posting of it would make everyone pass out from pure Pleasure and Relief from all the Build up.

A “post-gasm,” if you will.

Jul 24, 2013 at 09:45PM EDT
Quote
What are people expecting anyway?

>inb4 EqG 2

Jul 24, 2013 at 09:57PM EDT
Quote

Kris wrote:

What are people expecting anyway?

>inb4 EqG 2

That’s not too bad actually.

Stunthead wrote:

@burning_phoneix on vinyls
Wait… we have those here? Where did you see them?
Wait, no, nevermind. I have plenty of MLP merch as is. I mean, look at all this…

Vagabond/Livewire Games in Central Auckland. They had Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Dr.Whooves and a couple others I forgot.

I don’t own any pony merch outside of digital versions of thw comics. I like to keep it on the down-lo

Actually….one of my friends sent me a Brony shirt. I’m not sure if he was teasing me or not.

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:22PM EDT
Quote

@Burning

And here I thought Kiwiland was completely isolated from the fandom. MLP merch is sold here in the girls toy aisle but I didn’t think Brony merch was sold anywhere. It’s not like Hot Topic has any outlets around here.

Oh well, I don’t regret going all the way to California for my brony shirt.

Out of curiosity, is that the only place in the country with brony stuff? (Not that I’d shop there or anything, I think one shirt is about as hardcore brony as I am willing to go.)

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:07PM EDT
Quote

So….did anyone hear about the Rainbow Dash avatar prop on Xbox Live? I wanted to see if it was real as all I saw were low quality pictures which look pretty shopped. So I remembered I had some Microsoft points and decided if it was real I’d buy it to piss off my friends online that give me shit for liking the show. So….I went on Xbox live and….it’s real, it’s awesome and I want it. So I went to go buy it and I what do I see?
“This Download: 320 MP
Current Balance: 300 MP”

I fucking hate my life. Ho hum, looks like I’m stuck with this stupid huge ass Minigun as my avatar prop.

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 11:48PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 11:46PM EDT
Quote

@BSOD
I’m guessing Canada as well. Ehh, brony merchandise is very hard to get over here. I’m guessing somewhere in Mexico City or Monterrey you could find something, but they’re both 5-7 hours away from where I live.

@Kewlnoob

You’re closer to buying it than me, I only have 100 MP.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:09AM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Burning

And here I thought Kiwiland was completely isolated from the fandom. MLP merch is sold here in the girls toy aisle but I didn’t think Brony merch was sold anywhere. It’s not like Hot Topic has any outlets around here.

Oh well, I don’t regret going all the way to California for my brony shirt.

Out of curiosity, is that the only place in the country with brony stuff? (Not that I’d shop there or anything, I think one shirt is about as hardcore brony as I am willing to go.)

Brony Specific stuff? Yeah, that’s the only place I know.

General MLP? I found MLP DVDs in JB Hifi and I think MLP toys in Whitcoulls.

I’d be willing to grab one of those Vinyl toys though….I just have to find some way to convince my wife to buy it for me without her taking the chance to blackmail me.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:12AM EDT
Quote

Oh boy, now that we’ve seen into the very mind of Verbose let’s look into the mind of Kewln00b.

Life’s goooood.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:56AM EDT
Quote

@Burning

General MLP? I found MLP DVDs in JB Hifi and I think MLP toys in Whitcoulls.

Yea they definitely have those. Most malls in the country have a whole aisle dedicated MLP. When I walk down the aisle in K-mart and pass by the girls section, it’s not uncommon to be blinded by an enormous pink flash coming from hundreds of Pinkie Pie toys

Even though I have no interest in them, anything MLP related tends to catch my attention simply because MLP.

But none of that is Brony merch. It’s MLP merch, but not for Bronies. That stuff is best left for the kids. The real Brony merch is hard to find.

Jul 25, 2013 at 02:04AM EDT
Quote

@Kewl
Oh yeah, this little thingy:

It is pretty cute, but I’ve never bought anything for my avatar and I never plan to.
I completely forget that avatars are even a thing on Xbox all the time so I’ve never had any desire to buy stuff for them.


@burning
Yes, Luna only wishes to free those children from their accursed realm and whisk them away to another where they can be happy and free!
At least she has some discretion when allowing ponies into alternate dimensions, though.

Luna ain’t having any of your crap today, Pinkie.

Jul 25, 2013 at 02:44AM EDT
Quote

@Mark
I’m definatly down for that, if I can get synced with the others. Docs sounds like a great idea for starters, works like a charm.

Jul 25, 2013 at 02:59AM EDT
Quote

@markhaox14
I told you I would do it.

7/10 would turn into female BSDM fetishist and rape Platus again

@Deadparrot222
I’ve I’m not mistaken, the Hub already announced an air date for EqG, September 1.

Jul 25, 2013 at 06:28AM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Mark wrote:

All I heard in RandomMan’s post was “how deep you want to take it,” “gone very deep at this point,” “hide some stuff,” “don’t make it clog up,” “how deep,” and “party.”

Those sections were added for a reason.

In case you want a chat+doc combo, I can advice making a Sync.in public note. You just need to give everyone the URL and thanks to the color codes the doc offers you can see exactly who added which sections. It’s a good way to run this type of Roleplay thing seperately.

Awesome, that sounds great. I guess times could be 3 PM Eastern on Saturdays, and the same time on Wednesdays during the summer. I’m pretty sure everyone could get on that.

EDIT: Free Sync.in notes have been temporarily disabled. Looks like we’re using Google Docs for now.


Anyhow, I decided to take pictures of my Ace and Vinyl on WWE ’13, for their human forms.

Last edited Jul 25, 2013 at 10:07AM EDT
Jul 25, 2013 at 10:04AM EDT
Quote

@Jimmy
3pm EST sounds good, that’ll be around 9pm over here. I’m not sure if I can join every wednesday though, with work being in the evenings.

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:11AM EDT
Quote

FallenEvna55 wrote:

Fillies and Gentelcolts, we have an announcement to make. On the 23rd of November of the year 2013, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Season 4 shall premiere. Source: http://family-room.ew.com/2013/07/25/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-season-4-premiere/

Last edited Jul 25, 2013 at 10:55AM EDT
Jul 25, 2013 at 10:54AM EDT
Quote

Comic spoilers….



I thought Derpy/Luna was my favorite crackpairing but this is just perfect, you know what they say, opposites attract.
Jul 25, 2013 at 11:09AM EDT
Quote

November 23rd, huh? A bit earlier than I expected, but hey, the earlier the better. And the best part? Catching Fire comes out the day before, and Thanksgiving is the day before that, so three straight days of awesome.


Anyway, I’m writing a story called Abandoned Tapes. I’m not finished with it yet, but I’m working on an ending.

Last edited Jul 25, 2013 at 11:34AM EDT
Jul 25, 2013 at 11:14AM EDT
Quote

xTSGx said:

7/10 would turn into female BSDM fetishist and rape Platus again

Come at me bro!

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:54AM EDT
Quote

@Comic Pictures of Luna.

They Look Gorgeous. And kinda Amusing.

But One question…

…Is Luna Drunk?

Still want to kiss her anyways.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:35PM EDT
Quote

DeadParrot222 wrote:

Hey, look what’s finally been completed!

Children of the Night!
Awesome song, some of the best lighting I’ve seen in an MLP video, and very solid animation!
Beautiful work!
(But I have to ask, is the ‘story’ here about Luna essentially kidnapping a bunch of children and taking them to form a colony on the moon? That’s kind of messed up, Luna…)


@Hub Hype
I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that they’ll be ‘officially’ announcing the TV air-date for Equstria Girls.
They sold copies early at ComicCon and the public Blu-Ray release is just a couple weeks away.
Seems like the time to do it.
I guess it’s a little odd to think they would use a picture of pony-forms to hype up an Equestria Girls reveal, but stranger things have happened.
Maybe I’m just keeping my expectations low to avoid disappointment.
Obviously, I’d be glad to be wrong, but that’s just my gut feeling.

I feel like I ought to like that video more than I do…but for some reason I just don’t. Something about it just seems really…pretentious.

Also, I can’t decide to what extent it’s ripping off this song that I actually like.

Jul 25, 2013 at 01:33PM EDT
Quote

What can be pretentious about the kidnap and spiriting away of little children?

And it’s not ripping off that song. It’s a direct conversion of this song:

So in essence, it came before Anastasia.

Last edited Jul 25, 2013 at 02:10PM EDT
Jul 25, 2013 at 02:09PM EDT
Quote

@Lunar Protege:

[Feels intensify]
Luna is best princess

AND I just found out it’s Lauren Faust’s birthday! Yay!

Jul 25, 2013 at 02:14PM EDT
Quote

@Bruno:

Well, happy damn birthday, Faustitron. Now just survive the car ride to the party.

Jul 25, 2013 at 02:56PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Soarin wants RD’s pie.


I have another suggestion for roleplays: Tinychat. I used to use it for the Kingdom Hearts Wiki, and it’s killed dead now, so I was thinking we could inhabit it. You don’t need to sign in (unlike Google Docs) and it has color codes.

Jul 25, 2013 at 03:49PM EDT
Quote

Jimmy Lethal wrote:

Soarin wants RD’s pie.


I have another suggestion for roleplays: Tinychat. I used to use it for the Kingdom Hearts Wiki, and it’s killed dead now, so I was thinking we could inhabit it. You don’t need to sign in (unlike Google Docs) and it has color codes.

Tinychat is as it reads: A chat. The sentences you can type each time are also pretty short, which makes active roleplay very difficult. It doesn’t allow for a long running story like a Google Doc does and restricts you to simple straight and forward chat roleplay. If you want settings and all like you explained in your first post, I’d advice to not use Tinychat.

On my previous suggestion about Sync.in: I still have some old channels around that I might be able to find back that I used for Mafia games on here. Those channels are dead now anyway, so if you want I can dig one up for people here to use.

Last edited Jul 25, 2013 at 04:11PM EDT
Jul 25, 2013 at 04:11PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

I would totally watch this show.
Can someone please make it?
Or at least some kind of webcomic based on the same premise?
Please?

Jul 25, 2013 at 04:21PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Tinychat is as it reads: A chat. The sentences you can type each time are also pretty short, which makes active roleplay very difficult. It doesn’t allow for a long running story like a Google Doc does and restricts you to simple straight and forward chat roleplay. If you want settings and all like you explained in your first post, I’d advice to not use Tinychat.

On my previous suggestion about Sync.in: I still have some old channels around that I might be able to find back that I used for Mafia games on here. Those channels are dead now anyway, so if you want I can dig one up for people here to use.

Dig the grave, get it made, and I just made a Faith No More reference.

Jul 25, 2013 at 05:48PM EDT
Quote

@S4 announcement

I must say, I was really surprised when it was revealed to be November. I thought for sure they were going to pull a season three and announce the date that they’re going to make the announcement.

Jul 25, 2013 at 05:52PM EDT
Quote

I’m actually surprised they didn’t go “MLP Season 4 will be released in January!” I’d only be happy about that release date if Season 3 had a full 26 episode season, I mean if we had a half assed half season I’d be pretty pissed if they made us wait almost an entire year for new episodes. It’s bad enough it’s like this with plenty of other TV shows, I’d rather not have this happen with yet another show I like.

Jul 25, 2013 at 06:20PM EDT
Quote

I wouldn’t mind if I waited longer I just started watching “Orange is the new black” as if it a MLP spin off, Close enough.

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:26PM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

xTSGx said:

7/10 would turn into female BSDM fetishist and rape Platus again

Come at me bro!

Umm, you said “At” and not “In” bro. Just thought I should fix that.

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:29PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!