Forums / Discussion / General

168,604 total conversations in 5,401 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9944 posts from 165 users

Jimmy "Sniper" Lethal wrote:

Rarity?! It’s gotta be rigged. It’s just gotta be. Rarity never wins polls. Ever.

Disregarding that, roleplay time!

What the buck did you just bucking say about me, you little ruffian?

I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in Fashion School, and I’ve been involved in numerous Upper Class Soiree’s in Canterlot, and I have over 300 Clients. I am trained in Gorilla Warfare and I’m the top dress maker in the entire kingdom of Equestria. You are nothing to me but just another ruffian. I will make you the best bucking dress with fabulousity the likes of which has never been seen before in this kingdom, mark my bucking words. You think you can get away with saying those horseapples to me over the Internet? Think again, ruffian. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Princesses across the Kingdom and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re bucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can make you over 700 dresses, and that’s just with my bare hooves. Not only am I extensively trained in making dresses, but I have access to the Elements of Harmony and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your uncouth flank off the face of the continent, you dumb rock. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your bucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you Celestia Damned ruffian. I will shit fabulousness all over you and you will drown in it. You’re bucking dead, ruffian.

Aug 03, 2013 at 05:48PM EDT
Quote

Algernon wrote:

IKR? I actually lost interest in the fandom altogether a few months ago, along with pretty much everything else I used to do for fun. I had some big exams coming up, so I figured it would be wise to drop everything and focus on my studies (I think it paid off in the end). Right now I’m in the middle of a huge break, and I started following the fandom a couple of weeks ago to fill the time. I should be around for a couple months before I go back to university.

Well, for what it’s worth, it’s nice to have some old folks back, even if it’s only temporary.


Birthday Game:

Adventure through Space and Time with Rainbow Dash.

Bad idea.

And with the post we can also see it was Vazquez’ birthday yesterday, so happy birthday on that note.

Last edited Aug 03, 2013 at 09:26PM EDT
Aug 03, 2013 at 09:12PM EDT
Quote

Oh boy, I hope people pay this much attention on my birthday! Cough cough, August 15th I mean what?

Aug 03, 2013 at 10:30PM EDT
Quote

Anyone want a gift?

On a sidenote: I woinder if anyone’s going to edit one of these squishes with the proper “full-fat” Twiface.

Last edited Aug 04, 2013 at 05:05AM EDT
Aug 04, 2013 at 04:58AM EDT
Quote

She cruised through the sky, her mane and tail blazing in the wind. It was a while before she saw the cloud city floating in the blue. She sped up now, until she landed on the edge of the large city, with beautiful architecture based from the Greco ponies.

I was never a fan of togas… or frat parties… Chloe thought to herself, a bit annoyed from remembering her college years. She shook the thought from her head, and continued into the city.

The nearest station was only a few hundred meters away, and she galloped hurriedly towards it. She reached the front door, and was about to enter, but before she could, somepony crashed into her hard, which sent both the Pegasi to the ground. Chloe lay there dazed for a moment, before she began to struggle in an attempt to free herself from under the other pony. “Hey! Get off me!” she said, shoving them off with her hooves.

“Well, you were in the way of the front door, you know,” the mare responded. She was a cyan Pegasus, with a mane of the kaleidoscopic colors only a rainbow held. Chloe noted in her voice that she had spunk, mixed in with a bit of cockiness.

“You’re the one who crashed into me!” Chloe argued angrily, her mane flaring up yet again.

The other mare stood up at this, and Chloe thought she was about to get ready for a fight. Instead, however, the mare dusted herself off with her wings, and quickly entered the station.

Chloe stood up as well, and entered the station herself. She looked around, and saw the mare she ran into giving a report to another Pegasus.

“Like I said… ten seconds flat!” the cyan mare reported excitedly.

“Rainbow Dash… have you ever taken the time to actually clear the sky and enjoy the weather?” the other pony asked.

“Who needs that when I’ve got a cloud I can rest on? I’ll be going now,” Dash stated, turning to leave.

“All right, then, Dashie…” the pony teased, before Rainbow Dash turned back to her, irritated.

“Don’t call me ‘Dashie.’ It’s bad enough my friends call me that…” Dash commented, more than a little annoyed at her nickname.

“Fine… see you tomorrow, Rainbow. Be sure not to get here late,” the pony replied jokingly. Rainbow smiled at that, raising an eyebrow.

“Me? Late? That’ll be the day!” Rainbow Dash remarked back with a hearty laugh, and turned to leave once again. She saw Chloe, and laughed even more. “Hey, Cloud Chaser! You got another rookie here thinking they’re faster than me!” She then finally left the building, leaving an irritated Chloe.

Cloud Chaser, as the other pony was called, turned to Chloe and greeted her. “Hey! I haven’t seen you in the skies before. You new here?”

“Yes, actually, I am!” Chloe responded, comfortable at the hospitality.

“Well, can I get your name?” Cloud asked.

“Of course! My name’s Chloe, and, uh, I came here to see if there were any positions open for the weather team?” she asked, more than a little embarrassed at her current state.

Cloud grinned, and pulled out a sheet of paper on a clipboard. “Well… there certainly are… positions… available,” Cloud said alluringly, lowering her eyes. Chloe was more than a little unsettled at what she meant.

“Oh… that’s great!” Chloe said with a fake smile. She extended her hoof towards the clipboard, but Cloud held it away from her, still grinning widely.

“This position, Chloe… requires some physical requirements on your part,” Cloud hinted. Chloe backed away a little at hearing that.

“Um… I have my flying license… but I’m not very fast flier. I am a strong one, though,” she said nervously. Cloud then walked towards Chloe slowly.

“Not fast, you say? I’ll be the judge of that. Spread out your wings,” Cloud ordered. Chloe at first kept them closed shut, but then Cloud did something that forced her to open them. Cloud plucked a feather from Chloe’s right wing, and Chloe reacted by opening it. Cloud then placed her hoof on the base of Chloe’s wing to keep it from closing.

“What I’m going to check you on… is your ability to relax. Do you know how I’m gonna do that?” Cloud asked intimately. Chloe’s face was now red, and she shook her head quickly.

“Yeah… suddenly, this job doesn’t seem right for me anymore,” Chloe tried to persuade Cloud nervously. It failed, and Cloud only became more aroused.

“Oh, come on now, Chloe. You see? You desperately need a preening…” Cloud said soothingly. Chloe’s eyes widened at hearing the word, and she desperately tried to close her wings, but to no avail.

“Cloud… I don’t even preen my wings!” Chloe pleaded. “What about that other Pegasus? I bet she’d love a preening…” she said desperately.

“She’s just a teen… besides…” Cloud said, closing in on Chloe. “I like ’em hard to get,” she said slowly.

“Again… I’m not really good on preening,” Chloe pleaded.

“You must live a sad life…” Cloud said softly, and she immediately began slowly caressing Chloe’s wings with her tongue. Chloe closed her eyes as her face began turning a crimson color. Cloud noticed this, and stopped for a second, giggling as she did. “My… you’re turning a cute shade of red… I’ll go slowly… and you tell me when to stop before you… well, you know…”

With that, Cloud continued to massage Chloe’s wing. She slowly and gently nipped with her mouth, which strangely but surely put Chloe at ease. Chloe began to calm down, but she shivered slightly at the excellent feeling coming from her wing.

“Ah… what… what are you… ooh… what are you doing!?” Chloe asked, moaning a bit, turning to Cloud. She calmly stopped for a moment, replying to Chloe.

“Preening your wings, I told you…” she said calmly, smiling. “I can’t hire anypony if they don’t take time to relax. Work should be something you enjoy doing… with ponies you can enjoy being with. And from the looks when you came in… you didn’t seem all that happy,” Cloud explained, and she continued to gently nibble at Chloe’s wings.

“Well… no. I wasn’t. But… ooh… preening? Where did you… ah… come up with that?” Chloe responded, moaning after Cloud continued. Rather than stop again to answer Chloe, Cloud continued to preen Chloe’s wings. Chloe then realized Cloud had begun to make purring sounds, something which strangely caused her to shake and moan even more.

Cloud kept moving her tongue slowly across Chloe’s wingspan, moistening her feathers. Her wings, very stiff now, were trembling erratically. Chloe tried thinking of ways to calm herself down, but with Cloud massaging her wings passionately, it was impossible to.

Chloe was beginning to lose her cool now. She knew if she had her flaming mane on and climaxed at the same time, it would end badly for both of the Pegasi. She pulled her wings back from Cloud, surprising her. “I’m sorry, Cloud… but… I kind of want to stop now,” she said, her body still trembling a bit, her wings still stiff, and her face a bright crimson. Cloud looked slightly disappointed too, judging by her smile fading and her face becoming red as well, and she kicked her hoof awkwardly back and forth.

“Oh… I’m… uh… I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable…” she said, ashamed of herself.

“No… it’s not that… I… I actually enjoyed the preening. It’s just that I can’t get too excited… otherwise… I self-immolate,” Chloe admitted.

“You mean… you catch on fire if you get too excited?” Cloud asked, almost amazed now. Chloe nodded, and Cloud smiled widely. “Talk about getting hot… but I get you. I’m sorry if I took things a bit too far, especially on your first day,” Cloud said sincerely. Chloe’s ears picked up at hearing this, and she turned to Cloud, surprised.

“You mean…?” Chloe asked. Cloud nodded, and handed Chloe the clipboard.

“Welcome aboard, Chloe. And take things easy… there’s really no rush until Winter Wrap-Up, so just enjoy yourself!” Cloud advised, and then leaned closer to Chloe. “By the way… I’m so sorry about your condition.”

Well, as long as she doesn’t know I can have sex when my flames are put out, she won’t be preening my wings… at least not anytime soon… Chloe thought to herself, smiling at the fact. Chloe then looked over the clipboard, happy that she would already be getting her first assignment. She viewed it, and saw that she was to bring in some clouds from the north to dot the sky. Chloe nodded to herself, and opened her wings. She turned to Cloud, and thanked her gratefully, blushing a bit as she did. Cloud gave a shy smile, and nodded.

Chloe then turned to leave the building, ready for her first day of work.

Last edited Aug 04, 2013 at 05:47AM EDT
Aug 04, 2013 at 05:42AM EDT
Quote

From the people who brought you Forced Feels the Movie (Snowdrop to you filthy casuals)

Well…..let’s just hope this isn’t just another lousy attempt at making us feel.

Aug 04, 2013 at 11:26AM EDT
Quote

Feels? You want fucking feels? I’ll have you feel that I felt feels that man was never meant to feel throughout my life of feel, and when I feel, you better believe your feels are not feeling safe. Don’t ever feel my feels. Your feel capacity isn’t feel enough to feel the feels I feel on a feeling basis.

Aug 04, 2013 at 01:27PM EDT
Quote

Jimmy "Sniper" Lethal wrote:

Feels? You want fucking feels? I’ll have you feel that I felt feels that man was never meant to feel throughout my life of feel, and when I feel, you better believe your feels are not feeling safe. Don’t ever feel my feels. Your feel capacity isn’t feel enough to feel the feels I feel on a feeling basis.

Listen Jimmy Lethal… Don’t forget. Feel in yourself. Not in the you who feels in me. Not the me who feels in you. Feels in the you who feels in yourself. Feel beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! That’s how Team Pony rolls!

Who the hell do you think I am?!

Aug 04, 2013 at 01:58PM EDT
Quote

@mark
WTF am I reading?


@Kewl
“Hey guys! So we just finished our first animation and it was a pretty well-received story of a sad blind child creating art she could never see herself and how she comes to terms and excels despite her disability. What should we do next?”

CELESTIA KICKING SOMBRA’S ASS!”

Looks good to me!
A complete 180 on the tone of Snowdrop (which I actually kind of liked), but the animation and voice work looks solid.
Looking forward to it!


On that note, from the guy who brought us Picture Perfect Pony and the Ask the Crusaders Tumblr (i.e. the best fan-animator out there), comes a new miniseries!
(Forewarning, the kid’s voice is a little grating at first, but you get used to it. Stick with it because this is worth it!)

Last edited Aug 04, 2013 at 03:42PM EDT
Aug 04, 2013 at 02:30PM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

Listen Jimmy Lethal… Don’t forget. Feel in yourself. Not in the you who feels in me. Not the me who feels in you. Feels in the you who feels in yourself. Feel beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! That’s how Team Pony rolls!

Who the hell do you think I am?!

>“you who feels in me”
>“me who feels in you”

Aug 04, 2013 at 02:47PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

>“you who feels in me”
>“me who feels in you”

And here comes the PlatusXJimmy shippers.

Aug 04, 2013 at 03:34PM EDT
Quote

Jimmy "Sniper" Lethal wrote:

And here comes the PlatusXJimmy shippers.

With Mark and me officially dating for a while now, You and Platus being left due to that in your user ships was simply a case of natural selection to eventually get together.

Last edited Aug 04, 2013 at 03:45PM EDT
Aug 04, 2013 at 03:44PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

With Mark and me officially dating for a while now, You and Platus being left due to that in your user ships was simply a case of natural selection to eventually get together.

Well Jimmy, I guess we’re stuck together.

Aug 04, 2013 at 03:48PM EDT
Quote

Jimmy "Sniper" Lethal wrote:

@First Pic:

Not your only one by the looks of it…

In other news, am I the only one here who thinks that Raindow Dash kinda looks like a human wearing a Pony suit in this picture?

Aug 04, 2013 at 04:07PM EDT
Quote

Jimmy "Sniper" Lethal wrote:

@CrashGordon94:

Rainbow Dash… a human in a pony suit? Fucking chicken rapists in disguise.

Aug 04, 2013 at 07:28PM EDT
Quote

So, after a long business trip, what or how much did I miss from this forum and/or the Fandom?

Aug 04, 2013 at 08:19PM EDT
Quote

This must be Animation Day or something.
Have another:


@Jimmy & Derpy


Hey, BronyCon had an unannounced guest!

How nice of him to take time from his busy schedule!

Last edited Aug 04, 2013 at 09:30PM EDT
Aug 04, 2013 at 09:12PM EDT
Quote

Fluttershy is left-hooved.

Prove me wrong. Go.

Aug 04, 2013 at 10:41PM EDT
Quote

vintiezre wrote:

So, after a long business trip, what or how much did I miss from this forum and/or the Fandom?

Following a series of ill-advised but totally awesome posts, this thread has exhausted the internet’s annual supply of brain bleach and spaghetti. Jimmy and I are expecting our first child in two weeks, RandomMan now has a respectable harem, and BSOD is getting ready to emerge from his cocoon as the immaculate butterfly horse that he was always meant to be.

Also, there were ponies involved, I think.

Aug 04, 2013 at 10:42PM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

Fluttershy is left-hooved.

Prove me wrong. Go.

Well, us Left Handed peoplez are automatically better (and undeniably cuter) than you filthy righties. So I can’t honestly disagree with that.

Aug 04, 2013 at 10:51PM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

Fluttershy is left-hooved.

Prove me wrong. Go.

Verbose is drunk and/or high.

Prove me wrong. Go.


Kewln00b wrote:

Well, us Left Handed peoplez are automatically better (and undeniably cuter) than you filthy righties. So I can’t honestly disagree with that.

Can’t disagree with that on lefties. Suck it right handed plebians.


On a side-note: I’ll be leaving for a week vacation starting tomorrow. I’ll have internet access so I can still read PMs or fix some quick issues whenever I happen to drop by quickly (no guarantee I’m sober), but don’t expect any posts here.

Last edited Aug 04, 2013 at 10:54PM EDT
Aug 04, 2013 at 10:53PM EDT
Quote

@RandomMan abandoning us to the wolves

Well this is odd. I’ll be leaving for a bit more than a week this Friday – until the 18th. I hope you have fun!

Aug 04, 2013 at 11:03PM EDT
Quote

Looks like Kewln00b will be in charge until then. Good, things are going to change around here. First things first: BSoD

Aug 04, 2013 at 11:14PM EDT
Quote

No…annoyed, actually, RM. Hard to lurk what with all of the sex talk you do. In fact, I’d probably say it’s odd how you, as a mod, pretty much stay off-topic on most of your posts. I just want to read about the show, your respective thoughts, and not your retorts to anything sexually-oriented for a few pages.

I swear. You’re, like, the worst karma whore.

But if you’re going on vacation for a bit, then I guess that’ll make it easier for me. I’ll probably be a quieter and less douchy lurker when you get back. Enjoy yourself.

Insert something about not being able to be fun in following posts.


It’s a small bit of trivia with evidence behind it that I’ve never noticed, but the evidence is convincing. I thought it was neat that an otherwise inconsequential attribute was maintained throughout the series (and universes.)

I find it more interesting than shipping and birthdays. What can I say? So as opposed to just complaining about it, I suggested a different topic. You can always ignore it as opposed to whoring for even more karma.


EDIT: A very small one. Mostly an apology. That was a long time coming (several months, now,) but it shouldn’t have been said. I’ll leave that up to own up to what I posted though.

Last edited Aug 04, 2013 at 11:21PM EDT
Aug 04, 2013 at 11:15PM EDT
Quote

@ Platus
Thank you! I don’t know what I’d do without you.

If Fluttershy is left-hooved then, what about the rest of the Mane Six?

Aug 04, 2013 at 11:38PM EDT
Quote
If Fluttershy is left-hooved then, what about the rest of the Mane Six?

Righty, I suppose.

She also eats with her left-hand in Equestria Girls as well (apparently, there are other instances where Fluttershy uses her left-handed specifically.) I might be able to find where the other ponies consistently use their right-front hooves or where Fluttershy uses her left-front hoof consistently, but the above image though is kinda odd though. It’s odd to see the other five bow with their right hooves and then Fluttershy using her left.

Aug 04, 2013 at 11:53PM EDT
Quote

Obviously they would be Righties as Left Handed people are a bit more rare….well actually my whole group of friends I grew up with were all left handed (we all lived next door to eachother) so……THEY’RE ALL LEFT HANDED/HOOFED

ALL HAIL GLORIOUS LEFT HANDED RACE

Aug 05, 2013 at 12:03AM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

If Fluttershy is left-hooved then, what about the rest of the Mane Six?

Righty, I suppose.

She also eats with her left-hand in Equestria Girls as well (apparently, there are other instances where Fluttershy uses her left-handed specifically.) I might be able to find where the other ponies consistently use their right-front hooves or where Fluttershy uses her left-front hoof consistently, but the above image though is kinda odd though. It’s odd to see the other five bow with their right hooves and then Fluttershy using her left.

You guys, you guys, I did a thing:

I’m scared now.

Aug 05, 2013 at 12:04AM EDT
Quote

He’ll probably comment saying “Fluttershy always uses her left hand/hoof because she’s Discord’s real father.”

Aug 05, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
Quote

Kewln00b? wrote:

He’ll probably comment saying “Fluttershy always uses her left hand/hoof because she’s Discord’s real father.”

Congratulations! You’ve come up with my new headcannon!

Aug 05, 2013 at 12:31AM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

No…annoyed, actually, RM. Hard to lurk what with all of the sex talk you do. In fact, I’d probably say it’s odd how you, as a mod, pretty much stay off-topic on most of your posts. I just want to read about the show, your respective thoughts, and not your retorts to anything sexually-oriented for a few pages.

I swear. You’re, like, the worst karma whore.

But if you’re going on vacation for a bit, then I guess that’ll make it easier for me. I’ll probably be a quieter and less douchy lurker when you get back. Enjoy yourself.

Insert something about not being able to be fun in following posts.


It’s a small bit of trivia with evidence behind it that I’ve never noticed, but the evidence is convincing. I thought it was neat that an otherwise inconsequential attribute was maintained throughout the series (and universes.)

I find it more interesting than shipping and birthdays. What can I say? So as opposed to just complaining about it, I suggested a different topic. You can always ignore it as opposed to whoring for even more karma.


EDIT: A very small one. Mostly an apology. That was a long time coming (several months, now,) but it shouldn’t have been said. I’ll leave that up to own up to what I posted though.

I don’t need the apology alongside it, because I understand where you’re coming from. And for a person like you who wishes to discuss the show, I cannot blame you in any way to be annoyed by the high number of dumb topics that seem to drop along lately.

But please realize that this is a mid-season hiatus, and, as has been pointed out countless times before, we pretty ran by every topic imaginable multiple times already.

Currently people are more focussed on having a good time than discussing the show in this thread. Can you blame people for wanting to enjoy themselves in this thread? Do we have to adapt an entire thread to a part of its posters who are only interested in lengthy discussions instead of adapting to what comes by naturally and look into what the majority posts about, running multiple topics inbetween each other giving everyone a chance to shine? If you want to discuss topics others are less interested in, sure you can do it inbetween posts. Have everyone adapt to everyone.

The left-handed question was kinda dumb tbh, it’s really trivial, so in a way you could expect someone would make a shitpost in reply. And the shipping posts were 5 in a row, and then dropped instantly. I don’t see how 5 posts ruin an entire thread. Of course, that doesn’t remove the previous times it occured.

If I notice you guys are having a lengthy discussion, I’m often decent enough to not bother you with dumb posts inbetween, but instead wait until it’s done or join in if it is a topic I’m interested in. On this page there was not really a discussion going on (yet), so there was nothing I could possibly interupt (yet).

And even then, this is a thread about ponies and bronies alike. The people I’m referencing to in my posts fit the latter. Perhaps it might not be as “on topic” as you’d think in a pony thread, but you don’t see me talking about Jaegers. If the new season is here, show-related discussion will certainly increase again.

And I’m insulted seeing you call me a karma whore. Sure it’s nice to see your posts are appreciated through positive, and if I notice all my posts ending up getting negative totals I’ll surely adapt my posting style, but I don’t make posts thinking “oh golly, certainly this dandy post will net me quite some delicious karma!”. I make posts because I as well wish to enjoy my time on this site, and you know that as a person I simply am a pervert (so sexually-orientated posts are only natural). Are you going to be “that guy” who will disallow me to do that? Yes, I’m a mod, so I might not be the best person to make shitposts, but if we’re disallowed fun because of being mods I’m certain KYM would be left with non at all. I told you before in a discussion we had about it once Verbs: we might be mods, but we’re also still users and a part of this community, because that’s what we started out as and that’s what we still remain at our cores, don’t forget that.

Glad to see I won’t be missed by some, saves thinking about it.

Also pone:

Last edited Aug 05, 2013 at 12:38AM EDT
Aug 05, 2013 at 12:33AM EDT
Quote

@Fluttershy is left hooved

I think ‘Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000’ can answer some questions (or raise more).


As you can see from this shot, Fluttershy is using her right hoof to hold her drink and Pinkie is using her left.


In this shot, Fluttershy is now using her left hoof and so are Pinkie and Rarity. Applejack is using her right.


And now we see Rainbow Dash using her right hoof and Twilight using her left.

Conclusion: Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Twilight are both right and left hooved. Applejack and Rainbow Dash are the only ones who are specifically right hooved (unless someone finds some shots of them using their left).

EDIT

@Platus below
Ah yes, ambidextrous. I knew there was a word for that. I just couldn’t think of it.

Last edited Aug 05, 2013 at 12:48AM EDT
Aug 05, 2013 at 12:33AM EDT
Quote

@Disturbed

My Little Pony: Friendship is Ambidextrous

Aug 05, 2013 at 12:35AM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

Fluttershy is left-hooved.

Prove me wrong. Go.

A Bird in the Hoof, 10:40-10:50


The Ticket Master

She then uses her left hoof.


Really though, the show is done in flash. It just comes down to whichever side is more convenient for the flash puppet on the background.

Last edited Aug 05, 2013 at 12:56AM EDT
Aug 05, 2013 at 12:35AM EDT
Quote

@Fluttershy
“You want left-hooved?! I’ll give you left-hooved!”

But really, there is quite a bit of…









Remember, when you’re going for the full bitch-slap, you’re going to use your strong hoof, right?

She’s even left-winged, too!

Kind of hard to make a judgement on whether or not Fluttershy’s handedness is an intentional trait or simply a product of general artistic composition.
Pretty much anytime a character facing the right of the screen needs to hold something, it will go in their left hoof so as to avoid having it cross between the face and the ‘camera’ and vice versa.
Not to mention the fact that it’s pretty inconsistent all around.

Fluttershy, Rarity, Twilight, and Pinkie all use their lefts in that scene.

So yeah, I’m more of the opinion that it is a coincidence, maybe with a bit of confirmation bias mixed in (Fluttershy has used her right hoof plenty of times, too).
Maybe one or two of the show’s artists go out of their way to have Flutterhy go left (bowing scene, EQG) but it certainly doesn’t seem to be anything close to an established trait.

@Platus
I’ll be interested to see what he says, but you really asked the wrong person.
Larson is just a writer and I highly doubt that handedness is written into the script.
If there is anything to this idea, it’s going to be something added at the storyboard level (i.e. the first visual step).
Sibsy might have a better idea about this.

Last edited Aug 05, 2013 at 12:40AM EDT
Aug 05, 2013 at 12:37AM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

Congratulations! You’ve come up with my new headcannon!

It’s only natural, considering I’m really MA LARSON! Lol JK, is really Merriwether Williams.

Aug 05, 2013 at 12:38AM EDT
Quote

@ Left Handed-ness and Mugs.

Usually When I Drink something, I use my Left hand, because I use my good (Right) hand for more important things… Because compared to a lot of tasks, drinking is simple.

Right hand on mouse right now while my left is on a can of Cola.

It’s easier that way.

Flipping that over for a left handed person, that would mean its normal for a Left handed person to use their Right hand for their Drinks, while using their “Good Arm” To work at something complicated or difficult for thier weaker or more inexperienced arm.

That’s that fact.

Of course… I don’t think it matters which way it goes. But even if it is unintentional, its fun to note little happy accidents like this.

Aug 05, 2013 at 01:14AM EDT
Quote

@Kewl

Looks like Kewln00b will be in charge until then. Good, things are going to change around here. First things first: BSoD

You in charge? As if Verbose hasn’t lost his sanity enough, having you run the show will send him to the psychiatric ward…and all of us are going with him.

Then it will be just you, posting to yourself in this thread while changing the thread topic in every post. Aren’t you glad I’m here now?


@Verbs

No…annoyed, actually, RM. Hard to lurk what with all of the sex talk you do. In fact, I’d probably say it’s odd how you, as a mod, pretty much stay off-topic on most of your posts. I just want to read about the show, your respective thoughts, and not your retorts to anything sexually-oriented for a few pages.
I swear. You’re, like, the worst karma whore.
But if you’re going on vacation for a bit, then I guess that’ll make it easier for me. I’ll probably be a quieter and less douchy lurker when you get back. Enjoy yourself.
Insert something about not being able to be fun in following posts.

Dude, are you okay? I’m on Skype if you wanna talk about it.


@Horses and handedness

On one hand, all ponies should be ambidextrous since you aren’t left footed or right footed now are you? The brain doesn’t seem to have a preference over leg handling as far as I know.

On the other hand, ponies may have managed to adapt handedness as a result of developing brain functions that allow them to use their hooves like hands.

This requires greater analysis. We must pour over every single episode again just to observe this single minute detail…That’s what we do right?

So far we have evidence of Fluttershy having a possible left hand preference, correct? What of other ponies? Do we see a trend in hoof preference for other characters as well?

I am not deliberately ignoring the fact that ponies do indeed use the hoof that’s most convenient for the animator


@Platus

BSOD is getting ready to emerge from his cocoon as the immaculate butterfly horse that he was always meant to be.

….

Last edited Aug 05, 2013 at 01:23AM EDT
Aug 05, 2013 at 01:21AM EDT
Quote

@BSOD

Oh shoot, did I just out you to everyone? If I had known that you were still a closeted horse-butterfly-error message hybrid, I never would have said anything.

Also, I’m pretty sure that we do in fact have a leg preference. Just think – when you kick something, do you not always do it with the same leg? And is it not on the same side as the hand you write with?

Aug 05, 2013 at 01:29AM EDT
Quote

@BSoD “Then it will be just you, posting to yourself in this thread while changing the thread topic in every post. Aren’t you glad I’m here now?” I dunno man, I could probably make this thread a little interesting with me ranting to myself about myself for about 10-15 pages. Also the whole ‘thread title election’ will be a lot easier and less stressful maybe.

Aug 05, 2013 at 01:38AM EDT
Quote

@Platus

Oh no, it’s not that. It’s just that you’ve been talking to totally the wrong sources. I don’t hatch from cocoons, I burst out of human rib cages. Everyone should know that.

Cocoons? Who have you been talking too?


See? All the mods shitpost from time to time. We can’t all be cold, mechanical post herders or else the forum experience can get quite dull

Yes it may seem unprofessional. But if you want professionalism then pay me to be here. Until then, I’m here to have fun too (and delete spam threads)

Whenever we can’t research a meme or comment on fandom developments, we might as well go with the flow. And this thread is pretty much a second JFF. That said, this thread still discusses everything that happens in the fandom. We just chatter a lot in between

Aug 05, 2013 at 02:15AM EDT
Quote

BSOD Said:

@Horses and handedness

On one hand, all ponies should be ambidextrous since you aren’t left footed or right footed now are you? The brain doesn’t seem to have a preference over leg handling as far as I know.

On the other hand, ponies may have managed to adapt handedness as a result of developing brain functions that allow them to use their hooves like hands.

This requires greater analysis. We must pour over every single episode again just to observe this single minute detail…That’s what we do right?

So far we have evidence of Fluttershy having a possible left hand preference, correct? What of other ponies? Do we see a trend in hoof preference for other characters as well?

I am not deliberately ignoring the fact that ponies do indeed use the hoof that’s most convenient for the animator

Back In High School Physical Education, or “Gym Class”, I learned that People do indeed have a preferred Foot. Which is The One you usually lead with.

How our old gym teacher used to get us to figure out which was to push us until we felt unbalanced and see which foot we used to steady ourselves.

I think I also heard once that Cats have preferred Feet as Well.

I think common Wisdom is that Regardless of animal, the Favored Foot is often the Opposite of your favored Arm.

…Usually…

Aug 05, 2013 at 02:21AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!