Forums / Discussion / General

170,279 total conversations in 5,456 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9944 posts from 165 users

Platus wrote:

R63 gun?

And here I am, not even mad.

(Also, one should never underestimate the stupidity of trolls. They are, after all, a cowardly and fucking braindead lot.)

Also, because your raygun reminded me of El Goonish Shive (aka best webcomic), have an EGS pony:

I’ve never heard of that webcomic. I might have to give it a shot sometime. Also, fires ray gun at Platus


@Thanks M.A. Larson: I agree that it’s a spinoff of the Obama meme. If anything, it should be part of that entry, and even then, it’s died down. I personally think Gak deserves a page more.

Aug 08, 2013 at 11:30AM EDT
Quote

As promised a couple weeks ago, here’s my animal crossing wrong neighborhood flag!

and here it is flat on the wall without distortion, where it looks a little more wrong neighborly.

@kewlnoob

Judas Priest is my favorite band to listen to when I wanna get pumped, but I never knew much about the members themselves. Neat bit of metal trivia there.

@metal ponies

Last edited Aug 08, 2013 at 11:39AM EDT
Aug 08, 2013 at 11:38AM EDT
Quote

Looks like we were able to make a topic last from mostly one page to another, and it was a METAL thread of all threads. I’m proud of y’all.

Aug 08, 2013 at 11:41AM EDT
Quote

@The “fag” conversation

I have to agree with BSOD on this one. It’s starting to derail the thread. You should probably take it elsewhere.

@Jimmy and EGS

DOOOOOO ITTTTTTTT!

Aug 08, 2013 at 11:45AM EDT
Quote

Jimmy "Sniper" Lethal wrote:

I’ve never heard of that webcomic. I might have to give it a shot sometime. Also, fires ray gun at Platus


@Thanks M.A. Larson: I agree that it’s a spinoff of the Obama meme. If anything, it should be part of that entry, and even then, it’s died down. I personally think Gak deserves a page more.

Oh whoops, you missed!

And yeah, just a Pony version of “Thanks Obama”, it’d be like making an article about Condescending Bon Bon

I had comments on “fag(got)” but I guess I better save them because it’s just a couple sentences, not enough for a new thread.

Don’t listen to much Metal at all so can’t contribute there either.

Aug 08, 2013 at 12:45PM EDT
Quote

Here is an hypothetical scenario that could completely change the dynamic of the show.

As we know from the animatic shown at the My Little Pony panel at San Diego Comic Con, we are going to see the return of Nightmare Moon in the season opener. The general consensus among most people is that this isn’t the return of Nightmare Moon, rather it’s the original rise of Nightmare Moon, which Twilight is witnessing through Celestia’s eyes. I tend to agree with this theory, but it got me thinking about the possible ramifications of those events.
It seems that Twilight is merely a passive observer to the events unfolding before her, with no involvement at all. What would happen if that wasn’t the case, and Twilight was an active participant, who could directly influence what is happening? What if Twilight was able to prevent the rise of Nightmare Moon?
If she could prevent Luna from being overcome by Nightmare Moon, she could prevent Luna’s 1,000 year banishment. Letting Luna keep her position in Equestria. Letting Luna keep her freedom.
The flipside of this is that will have a direct impact on Twilight’s own life, it will completely remove an important chapter in her life. She would never be put into a position to meet her friends. She would never be put in position to become one of the elements of harmony. She would lose her destiny to become a princess.
So, my question is, do you think that Twilight would chose self sacrifice to give Luna her freedom, or will she let the events happen in order to maintain the status quo in her own life, resulting in Luna’s banishment to the moon?

Last edited Aug 08, 2013 at 03:33PM EDT
Aug 08, 2013 at 03:31PM EDT
Quote

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

Here is an hypothetical scenario that could completely change the dynamic of the show.

As we know from the animatic shown at the My Little Pony panel at San Diego Comic Con, we are going to see the return of Nightmare Moon in the season opener. The general consensus among most people is that this isn’t the return of Nightmare Moon, rather it’s the original rise of Nightmare Moon, which Twilight is witnessing through Celestia’s eyes. I tend to agree with this theory, but it got me thinking about the possible ramifications of those events.
It seems that Twilight is merely a passive observer to the events unfolding before her, with no involvement at all. What would happen if that wasn’t the case, and Twilight was an active participant, who could directly influence what is happening? What if Twilight was able to prevent the rise of Nightmare Moon?
If she could prevent Luna from being overcome by Nightmare Moon, she could prevent Luna’s 1,000 year banishment. Letting Luna keep her position in Equestria. Letting Luna keep her freedom.
The flipside of this is that will have a direct impact on Twilight’s own life, it will completely remove an important chapter in her life. She would never be put into a position to meet her friends. She would never be put in position to become one of the elements of harmony. She would lose her destiny to become a princess.
So, my question is, do you think that Twilight would chose self sacrifice to give Luna her freedom, or will she let the events happen in order to maintain the status quo in her own life, resulting in Luna’s banishment to the moon?

I personally don’t see Twilight having control of changing anything, which would explain why Luna isn’t answering any of Twilight’s questions when Twilight is talking – I imagine that Twilight being sent back is due to part of her training and the only way Celestia would let Twilight change the past would be by accident if she was not meant to be sent back. I imagine maintaining status quo is more important since the Elements of Harmony through the mane 6 have saved the day countless times in ways only they could – and Luna does eventually regain her freedom which may not be ideal but considering the dangers that could take place if Twilight were to mess with the timeline it could blow a hole in the space-time continuum the exact size of Belgium, a somewhat anticlimactic apocalypse..

Don’t mess with the Timeline! Or I’ll have to reboot the universe again…

Last edited Aug 08, 2013 at 03:47PM EDT
Aug 08, 2013 at 03:45PM EDT
Quote

Would it be alright if we gave some warning before posting spoilers? I’ve managed to avoid them for almost every episode since the start of season 2, and I’d prefer to keep things that way. I didn’t realise that Bruno had posted a spoiler until it was already too late, so now I know something I wish I didn’t.

Last edited Aug 08, 2013 at 04:03PM EDT
Aug 08, 2013 at 04:00PM EDT
Quote

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

Here is an hypothetical scenario that could completely change the dynamic of the show.

As we know from the animatic shown at the My Little Pony panel at San Diego Comic Con, we are going to see the return of Nightmare Moon in the season opener. The general consensus among most people is that this isn’t the return of Nightmare Moon, rather it’s the original rise of Nightmare Moon, which Twilight is witnessing through Celestia’s eyes. I tend to agree with this theory, but it got me thinking about the possible ramifications of those events.
It seems that Twilight is merely a passive observer to the events unfolding before her, with no involvement at all. What would happen if that wasn’t the case, and Twilight was an active participant, who could directly influence what is happening? What if Twilight was able to prevent the rise of Nightmare Moon?
If she could prevent Luna from being overcome by Nightmare Moon, she could prevent Luna’s 1,000 year banishment. Letting Luna keep her position in Equestria. Letting Luna keep her freedom.
The flipside of this is that will have a direct impact on Twilight’s own life, it will completely remove an important chapter in her life. She would never be put into a position to meet her friends. She would never be put in position to become one of the elements of harmony. She would lose her destiny to become a princess.
So, my question is, do you think that Twilight would chose self sacrifice to give Luna her freedom, or will she let the events happen in order to maintain the status quo in her own life, resulting in Luna’s banishment to the moon?

It’s a fucking cartoon. I don’t really think we should worry about that, because status quo is god.

Aug 08, 2013 at 04:41PM EDT
Quote

Bruno the Watcher said:

It seems that Twilight is merely a passive observer to the events unfolding before her, with no involvement at all. What would happen if that wasn’t the case, and Twilight was an active participant, who could directly influence what is happening? What if Twilight was able to prevent the rise of Nightmare Moon?

>goes back in time
>stops Luna from becoming NMM
>Celestia and Luna keep Elements
>1000 years later, Celestia doesn’t need Elements
>Twilight takes normal test at school instead of secret Element of Magic test
>goes to school
>never becomes Celestia’s student
>never becomes Princess
>never goes back in time
>Luna becomes NMM
>Twilight becomes Element of Magic
>stops NMM, Discord, Chysalis, Sombra
>becomes Princess
>goes back in time
>stops Luna from becoming NMM

Ah, temporal paradoxes are the funnest. But to answer your question, yes I do think Twilight would sacrifice her life to save Luna. It could happen, if they use the Back to the Future “Ripple Effect” reality warping version of time travel, but since It’s About Time establishes they use the Einsteinian “You can’t change the past” version of time travel, it’s unlikely.

@Algernon
SPOILER: Ponies appear in Season 4.

Jimmy Lethal said:

It’s a fucking cartoon. I don’t really think we should worry about that, because status quo is god.

>Status quo is God
>Magical Mystery Cure

You did watch the season finale, right?

Last edited Aug 08, 2013 at 05:40PM EDT
Aug 08, 2013 at 05:39PM EDT
Quote

When it comes to Pony Rock/Metal, Deftones uses horses a lot such as the album White Pony and the music video for Swerve City.

Aug 08, 2013 at 06:36PM EDT
Quote

Jimmy "Sniper" Lethal wrote:

It’s a fucking cartoon. I don’t really think we should worry about that, because status quo is god.

I think there’s a big difference between worrying about something and asking a hypothetical question, I wouldn’t personally say that their comment warranted being “un-calm”, more so curious if anything…

Aug 08, 2013 at 07:00PM EDT
Quote

Dr Whooves wrote:

I personally don’t see Twilight having control of changing anything, which would explain why Luna isn’t answering any of Twilight’s questions when Twilight is talking – I imagine that Twilight being sent back is due to part of her training and the only way Celestia would let Twilight change the past would be by accident if she was not meant to be sent back. I imagine maintaining status quo is more important since the Elements of Harmony through the mane 6 have saved the day countless times in ways only they could – and Luna does eventually regain her freedom which may not be ideal but considering the dangers that could take place if Twilight were to mess with the timeline it could blow a hole in the space-time continuum the exact size of Belgium, a somewhat anticlimactic apocalypse..

Don’t mess with the Timeline! Or I’ll have to reboot the universe again…

As long as they don’t reboot it like Transformers back in 1984. The Diehard bronies think Twilicorn was bad, obviously they don’t remember every awesome Transformer dying (Including Optimus Prime…..ESPECIALLY Optimus Prime) within literally the first 10 minutes of Transformers the Movie.

I can see it now, new villain comes to town, Rarity and Applejack are killed in the first wave. Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Luna and Rainbow Dash are killed a few minutes later. Twilight fights the villain and dies but not before giving six new ponies (Six new ‘uninteresting’ ponies none the less) the Elements of Harmony. Later in the movie the bodies of Lyra, Derpy, Vinyl and the Cutie Mark Crusaders will be found as their deaths weren’t important enough to be shown in the movie itself, Discord will be killed as well no doubt considering he’s popular. Only upside in the whole movie is the fact that they’d play Stan Bush’s “Touch” during the action scenes. In the end one of the only remaining ponies will be Prince Blueblood. The movie ends and the children leave the theaters crying while the Bronies will be jumping into traffic. All this happens because Hasbro wanted to sell new toys……See now since I gave this idea for a movie DHX can’t use this as an actual idea for a movie over the fear that they would be sued!

You’re welcome.

Last edited Aug 08, 2013 at 07:15PM EDT
Aug 08, 2013 at 07:14PM EDT
Quote

Kewln00b? wrote:

As long as they don’t reboot it like Transformers back in 1984. The Diehard bronies think Twilicorn was bad, obviously they don’t remember every awesome Transformer dying (Including Optimus Prime…..ESPECIALLY Optimus Prime) within literally the first 10 minutes of Transformers the Movie.

I can see it now, new villain comes to town, Rarity and Applejack are killed in the first wave. Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Luna and Rainbow Dash are killed a few minutes later. Twilight fights the villain and dies but not before giving six new ponies (Six new ‘uninteresting’ ponies none the less) the Elements of Harmony. Later in the movie the bodies of Lyra, Derpy, Vinyl and the Cutie Mark Crusaders will be found as their deaths weren’t important enough to be shown in the movie itself, Discord will be killed as well no doubt considering he’s popular. Only upside in the whole movie is the fact that they’d play Stan Bush’s “Touch” during the action scenes. In the end one of the only remaining ponies will be Prince Blueblood. The movie ends and the children leave the theaters crying while the Bronies will be jumping into traffic. All this happens because Hasbro wanted to sell new toys……See now since I gave this idea for a movie DHX can’t use this as an actual idea for a movie over the fear that they would be sued!

You’re welcome.

it’s reasonably certain that they won’t do that. Why? because G4 is too much of a money-spinner. it’s not MLP as such that has such a following as specifically G4.

second, Transformers has had dead characters far more than MLP, ( I only know FiM, so can’t be sure about the previous generations, but there has been only ONE death shown, and even then, it was Word of God, IIRC, that he was killed.

third, MLP is a show for little girls. I’m not 100% certain, but I’m pretty sure that traumatizing little kids would NOT allow them to sell more toys- I’m pretty sure the level of complaints they would get would see to that

fourth, there are far too many ways to introduce more characters w/o killing anypony off. I mean, for one thing, Twilight needs a Guard. Second, in FiM, where there is royalty, there are courtiers. Third, simply send Twilight( probably with the rest of the Mane cast) off on a diplomatic mission. Bingo, new characters by the truckload.

in short, there are too many ways for Hasbro to introduce new characters without killing the golden goose for them to kill off the Mane 6.

Aug 08, 2013 at 07:32PM EDT
Quote

Kewln00b? wrote:

As long as they don’t reboot it like Transformers back in 1984. The Diehard bronies think Twilicorn was bad, obviously they don’t remember every awesome Transformer dying (Including Optimus Prime…..ESPECIALLY Optimus Prime) within literally the first 10 minutes of Transformers the Movie.

I can see it now, new villain comes to town, Rarity and Applejack are killed in the first wave. Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Luna and Rainbow Dash are killed a few minutes later. Twilight fights the villain and dies but not before giving six new ponies (Six new ‘uninteresting’ ponies none the less) the Elements of Harmony. Later in the movie the bodies of Lyra, Derpy, Vinyl and the Cutie Mark Crusaders will be found as their deaths weren’t important enough to be shown in the movie itself, Discord will be killed as well no doubt considering he’s popular. Only upside in the whole movie is the fact that they’d play Stan Bush’s “Touch” during the action scenes. In the end one of the only remaining ponies will be Prince Blueblood. The movie ends and the children leave the theaters crying while the Bronies will be jumping into traffic. All this happens because Hasbro wanted to sell new toys……See now since I gave this idea for a movie DHX can’t use this as an actual idea for a movie over the fear that they would be sued!

You’re welcome.

I’ve never been into Transformers myself, but that movie sounds a lot like Dragonball GT shivers

Personally myself as far as status quo goes, I’m happy for any show to change drastically provided it’s done in a clever/interesting way, Gravity Falls is my current top cartoon next to MLP, and the reason I like it so much is because they change status quo, the fact that whenever anything happens, it’s not forgotten about in the next episode, you can really tell they have a ongoing plan for the show and it’s not something they made up as they were writing it, the easter eggs and hints at future plots also make it very enjoyable among nods to previous episodes. The same goes for anything, if it’s changing status quo for the sake of it then it seems silly but if its done in a fun way like Twilicorn then I’m all for it. – However I should point out that in my reply when speaking of status quo I was doing so in reply to his hypothetical question – which was “would Twilight change status quo to better someone else?” – and my reply was in the long run it wouldn’t better that person and would only cause more issues. That reply wasn’t meant to reflect my thoughts on changing status quo all together. But as far as cartoons go on the whole, I’m happy for any drastic changes provided they are done right and don’t rip the universe continuity apart cough Dragonball GT so to sum it up:

“I’m fine with changing status quo, but not in letting go, now the world is being torn apart”.

Aug 08, 2013 at 07:56PM EDT
Quote

@xTSGx: What I meant was the show wouldn’t kill off a main character (or in this case, ruin the entire timeline). It would be a bad choice, and serious backdraft would happen.


By the way, I think this would be an amazing theme song for RD.

Aug 08, 2013 at 08:02PM EDT
Quote

Now everybody remember. We’re not turning this into a ‘post songs from youtube’ thread as remember last time we did that and nobody could even load the entire page? Eyup.

Also, had an interesting Brony story today. Everyone here knows I’m in good ol’ Chicago right? And how I never thought I’d randomly see a brony just walking around right? Wrong, today as I was leaving work I see two tough looking gangstas (trust me, they weren’t swagyolo douchebags or anything. This is Chicago, I’m quite sure these guys were the real deal) walking past me and all I hear is “Man, Princess Luna is the best pony” then “Nigga, she ain’t shit.” it was a short but sweet moment but shiiiiit that was the best moment ever. Should’ve said something but this IS Chicago, people here have been shot for stupider things than saying “I too love Princess Luna!”

T’was a good day though.

Aug 08, 2013 at 09:31PM EDT
Quote

Haha, really? Man, I’d pay to actually see that, I envy you!

Aug 08, 2013 at 09:41PM EDT
Quote

She saw his ears lower and his eyes go wide at hearing that. She grinned widely, and then spoke again. “I don’t forgive you… because I’m sorry.”

Leon’s ears perked back up at this, and his eyes slowly lowered. He removed Chloe’s hoof from his mouth. “You really know how to scare a pony.” He looked down a bit, swinging his foreleg shyly. Chloe smiled at him, and grabbed him with her wings, pulling him closer.

“And you really know how to make a pony feel sorry for you.” Chloe then pulled Leon to her, and she closed her eyes. She then granted Leon a warm kiss, slowly caressing his tongue with hers. He followed through moments later, both of them seemingly taking turns to massage each other’s mouths.

Chloe then pulled away slowly. “Ever heard of preening, Leon?” Chloe teased, smiling wistfully.

“Uh… preening!? I’ve heard of it… but… uh…” Leon responded nervously, his face turning red and sweating a bit.

Chloe giggled to herself at his reaction, reminded of her own reaction to the same question. She then placed the tip of Leon’s right wing far into her mouth, and began pulling it out slowly, savoring the moment.

Leon began to moan shakily. “Are you sure you don’t want… ah… to relax?” Leon asked, a bit unsteadily.

“Of course I want to relax… and this is how I plan to do it,” Chloe said lustfully. She then sat on the table, beckoning Leon to come.

He did so, and he wrapped his wings around her. He then locked her in another passionate kiss, longing for a moment such as this to come. He placed himself inside Chloe slowly, and began to gently rock.

Chloe felt the immediate gratification as Leon did. “Oh… my, Leon. You were holding back something!” Chloe said in pleasure.

“Oh… yeah… and… ooh… and you were holding back on me,” he said a bit shakily, and continued moving steadily.

Chloe continued to enjoy the felicity she received, moaning continuously as she did. She felt herself getting more and more near the verge of pure ecstasy.

As she did, however, she heard Leon say something that made her heart stop. “Look who’s on fire!” Leon said excitedly to Chloe. At that moment, Chloe realized that her mane was still lit from when Leon came in, and she realized it too late.

She was about to climax, and she only had one thought left. F*ck it… She then felt herself being extremely heated, and she yelled in pure bliss as she climaxed.

All of a sudden, both ponies felt themselves wrapped in a fiery explosion. A non-lethal one… but an explosion that filled the room nonetheless. The small explosion surprisingly left everything in the room untouched… except for the couple.

As the light from it cleared and the smoke lingered, Chloe lay smiling widely, her head placed on Leon’s body as she was busy rubbing Leon’s chest with her hoof. Leon laid as well, almost unconscious from the explosion, but extremely happy as well. Both Pegasi were covered in soot, grinning in relief and indulgence.

“Epic…” Leon said to Chloe admiringly before coughing a bit. She looked up at him, and nodded in agreement. “So… same time tomorrow, Chloe?” Leon asked a bit nervously.

“You bet… but maybe… we should go to dinner first. Sound good, Leon?” Chloe asked.

“Definitely…” he responded happily, and nudged Chloe affectionately. Chloe smiled to herself as well, laying her head on Leon. I can certainly say… I’ve never felt better.

Finally finished with this section!

I’ll take a few pages of break before posting the next section.

@ Killing Off Characters
Come on, we have six or seven of the main characters together at almost all times. I think they’ll be all right.

Aug 08, 2013 at 10:00PM EDT
Quote

Getting back to meme discussion

I don’t understand why everyone is soooo apposed to having more pony memes.
Do a search on kym for pokemon. I stopped counting at 50 different memes. Half of which are confirmed memes.
When MLP started as a meme it was mainly ponifying other memes then the MLP entry was made and yes there was a lot of false entries / bad entries made but there are plenty of legit meme entries that can be made and aren’t because you guys keep saying things like…

not enough spread

yet it’s on every pony site

oh it’s died out

yet it’s still relivent and I still see it posted. the final episode was only months ago not years ago. if I would have brought it up then, you would say too early, wait and see what it does.

The meme has pretty much eaten itself at this point

how many years ago did techno viking come out and it was just confirmed. How relevant is that meme today? Even old memes that eat themselves are still memes. I still stand on it’s still relevant and still used during Larson conversations.


To be fair, we also have tonnes of macro’s and mashups coming in for Fluttershy too, and Rarity, and Dash, and Applebloom, and Lyra…all to this very date
If we count Tom Dan as a meme for all the spinoffs that the fandom makes of him, we’d have to do the same for all the other characters for all the spinoffs the fandom makes of them, no? We don’t do that because we know that all these characters are only popular because they are part of a greater meme, that is MLP itself. They arent spreading memetically by themselves. They only spread when MLP spreads so one might say that the development of Tom Dan as a meme, only shows development of MLP as a meme.

Like I said before look up pokemon see how many character memes there are. I’m not saying we need to have every dumbfuck who thinks Lyra should be a meme (no offense Mark just using Lyra as example) make an entry. I’m saying there are real memes that should have an entry (like GAK) but are put under the blanket of the MLP entry because (a. MLP mods deem it so (b. our own fandom doesn’t support us in making an entry (c. haters
Look I know there are problems with the bronies on this site sticking mainly to the MLP entry and forsaking all others but shit man we are a meme site. This is a meme thread. We are always too busy raping BSoD to even discus any new possible memes in our own fandom. WTF? And for a fandom that preaches love n tolerance I never see any when it comes to what bronies think about this site and how they perceive their precious fandom.

P.S. Me Gusta Vazqueeze

Last edited Aug 09, 2013 at 01:48AM EDT
Aug 09, 2013 at 01:42AM EDT
Quote

@Derpy Vasquez
Lyra not being a meme?

In all seriousness though, maybe the reason pony memes are hardly being discussed here is because there’s just too much. Not that I know what kind of pony memes are being created or have been there for a long time, they probably stay or come and go.

And this is a meme thread? Pony General is about anything related to the fandom, not just memes.

Aug 09, 2013 at 02:12AM EDT

bioniclebrony? wrote:

@Derpy Vasquez
Lyra not being a meme?

In all seriousness though, maybe the reason pony memes are hardly being discussed here is because there’s just too much. Not that I know what kind of pony memes are being created or have been there for a long time, they probably stay or come and go.

And this is a meme thread? Pony General is about anything related to the fandom, not just memes.

From the very first post in the very first Pony General thread

Discuss ponies.
And memes, if you must.
Even better: Memes as ponies.

Last edited Aug 09, 2013 at 02:58AM EDT
Aug 09, 2013 at 02:56AM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

From the very first post in the very first Pony General thread

Discuss ponies.
And memes, if you must.
Even better: Memes as ponies.

If they must discuss memes, then they will discuss. If they do not want to, then they will not.

Aug 09, 2013 at 03:43AM EDT

@Vasqueeze

Okay so you can think of a number of memes that passed through the fandom that went unnoticed/ignored here? Right?

Can you briefly list all the things you know that should be properly documented?

Also include any pre-existing articles that should be undeadpooled or re-written

Last edited Aug 09, 2013 at 04:05AM EDT
Aug 09, 2013 at 04:03AM EDT
Quote

Kewln00b The Master of Unlocking said:

As long as they don’t reboot it like Transformers back in 1984. The Diehard bronies think Twilicorn was bad, obviously they don’t remember every awesome Transformer dying (Including Optimus Prime…..ESPECIALLY Optimus Prime) within literally the first 10 minutes of Transformers the Movie.

Hasbro learns from their mistakes. It’s even rumored they were going to do the same exact thing with GI Joe but hastily rewrote the movie after the massive backlash Transformers gave them. Maybe that’s why there’s always so many cries of ruined FOREVER and butthurt in the Transformers fandom: they’ve been permanently scarred by Hasbro as children.

If Hasbro does pull a Kill Em All ending, at least we’ll be able to have somepony curse.

It’s like they were trying to rustle both the kids’ and the soccer moms’ jimmies.

Aug 09, 2013 at 06:46AM EDT
Quote

Ponies cursing? I can already imagine Applejack in the role of Stone Cold Steve Austin.

“You sit there and you read Celestia’s teachings, and you say your prayers, and it didn’t get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about Starswirl 3:16… Applejack 3:16 says I just whooped your ass!”

Aug 09, 2013 at 11:03AM EDT
Quote

@is Lyra a meme

Of course Lyra is a meme, or at least there are memes built around her. Like ‘Sitting Lyra’. It’s popular in the brony fandom and it’s still used today.

And lets not forget this piece of art

Aug 09, 2013 at 11:59AM EDT
Quote

@Memes

Lyra is totally a meme. We even gave sitting Lyra it’s own page. You guys are being silly.

@Other things

Also, later today I’m leaving on a trip, so I won’t be able to post again until the 18th. Please try not to explode and/or combust while I’m gone.

Aug 09, 2013 at 02:34PM EDT
Quote

Platus returning to the thread:

I told Jimmy that making fireballs wasn’t a smart idea but he did it anyways!

Aug 09, 2013 at 02:46PM EDT
Quote

@Lyra: I think the comics is the closer we’ll get from a Lyra-like-hands. But that’s all right for me!

@Platus: DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

Last edited Aug 09, 2013 at 03:03PM EDT
Aug 09, 2013 at 02:53PM EDT
Quote

Kewln00b? wrote:

Platus returning to the thread:

I told Jimmy that making fireballs wasn’t a smart idea but he did it anyways!

Fireballs?

Do you think this is a motherfucking game?


@Platus: Have fun on vacation. Here’s a Rule 63 Ray Gun if you want to turn back while you’re there.


Speaking of, what would you imagine Pony General to take form of in a cartoon or something? Personally, I see it as a large house in Brooklyn that we all live in, each of us having a seperate room. The exceptions to this rule (people who share rooms) are Random/Mark, Jimmy/Platus, and… uh, who else would share a room?

Aug 09, 2013 at 04:31PM EDT
Quote

Jimmy wrote:

and… uh, who else would share a room?

*slowly raises hand*
Aug 09, 2013 at 04:36PM EDT
Quote

Bruno the Watcher said:

And suddenly, I’m reminded of Event Horizon.

The lack of Event Horizon crossover art disappoints me.

Aug 09, 2013 at 05:51PM EDT
Quote

Zorgenflarg wrote:

Jimmy wrote:

and… uh, who else would share a room?

*slowly raises hand*

But with who?

Last edited Aug 09, 2013 at 06:18PM EDT
Aug 09, 2013 at 06:17PM EDT
Quote

I probably wouldn’t have a room, I’d probably be bunking on a bench outside or something.

Aug 09, 2013 at 06:23PM EDT
Quote

CrashGordon94 wrote:

I probably wouldn’t have a room, I’d probably be bunking on a bench outside or something.

Seeing as you’re the default newfag of the group, I’d say that’s about right. No offense.


Oh, I almost forgot – I’m making a park in Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 based off PG. So far, Random, Stunt, and Platus have rides.

Aug 09, 2013 at 07:55PM EDT
Quote

CrashGordon94 wrote:

I probably wouldn’t have a room, I’d probably be bunking on a bench outside or something.

If you’re getting close to getting on the streets, just remember, my door’s always opened for you

Aug 09, 2013 at 08:49PM EDT
Quote

Zorgenflarg wrote:

Jimmy wrote:

and… uh, who else would share a room?

*slowly raises hand*

Last edited Aug 09, 2013 at 09:40PM EDT
Aug 09, 2013 at 09:38PM EDT
Quote

CrashGordon94 wrote:

I probably wouldn’t have a room, I’d probably be bunking on a bench outside or something.

You can always come stay in my room.. it’s bigger on the inside.. If you know what I mean…

:

Aug 09, 2013 at 10:06PM EDT
Quote

@KYM PG, the apartment building

I’d have my own room but i’d be the one bunking with everyone else anyway.

Also what’s with all these posters “opening their doors” to each other? Bitches get in line, I’m the slut around here and you all know that


@Jimmy

Oh, I almost forgot – I’m making a park in Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 based off PG. So far, Random, Stunt, and Platus have rides.

Would my ride be the one that never ends?


@Pony memes

Going back to this, this is the topic all you guys should be useful for.

I want to point out that IMO Vazquez is actually right when he says Lyra herself is not a meme. ‘Lyra has memes of her’ is the correct statement but Lyra herself doesn’t get plastered all around the internet any more than Cherilee. Sitting lyra is confirmed because the whole notion of her indulging in seats, joining other seated meme did in fact spread across the web. But that wasn’t Lyra herself becoming a meme, it was just a trait the fandom made up about her that did. Same with the lyra plushie. That made huge rounds across the web but that was only the plushie of Lyra, not Lyra herself.

From what I understand we’re not looking to confirm ordinary characters in the show because we don’t consider induvidual characters to be separate memes from the memetic show they star in. The only support their starring show as a meme

Spongebob is everywhere but we only document his show: Spongebob Squarepants. We documented several memes on Patrick Star as well but not Patrick himself

Pokemon is treated no different. Pikachu has dozens of memes but theres no article on pikachu himself.

But what Vazquez is also saying is that because of this exclusion (and other reasons involving alleged poni censorship), KYM is missing several memes related to MLP characters. The question I want to ask is; what could those missing memes be? I can’t think of anything myself because I don’t follow the fandom that well. But perhaps some of you guys might have an idea.

Last edited Aug 10, 2013 at 12:23AM EDT
Aug 10, 2013 at 12:05AM EDT
Quote

@KYM Apartment?
Ehhh, I’d choose the bathroom, given that was my space in a hotel once.
Now it sounds like Pony General is some kind of long running sitcom now, with characters coming and going and all.

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT

@Pony General Apartment
I won’t have my own room, I’ll just go into other peoples rooms.
If anyone leaves their door unlocked

I’m looking at you, Blue Screen.

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:57AM EDT
Quote

@ Apartment
Darling, did you hear that!? We get to share a room together!

And what room do we get? The master bedroom, of course!

@ Lyra as a Meme
Has Lyra created memes? Of course! Is she a meme herself? No. (Le gasp! But mark, she’s your waifu! Shouldn’t you defend her?) I am. Characters as memes are usually degraded to the point where they die out, and I don’t want that to happen to my dear waifu.

@ Missing Pony Memes
You’re forgetting Twiface, motherbuckers.

Aug 10, 2013 at 01:19AM EDT
Quote

Pony General apartment eh? Well obviously I’d get the master bedroom and only my bitches can share it with me. Come on, we all know I get the master bedroom, if you have shit to say about that you can say it to my face.

BRING IT ON PUSSIES!!!!

Aug 10, 2013 at 01:25AM EDT
Quote

Jimmy lethal wrote:

Speaking of, what would you imagine Pony General to take form of in a cartoon or something? Personally, I see it as a large house in Brooklyn that we all live in, each of us having a seperate room. The exceptions to this rule (people who share rooms) are Random/Mark, Jimmy/Platus, and… uh, who else would share a room?

Oh my goddddd… There’s something about this topic that transcends the generations of posters on this thread.
Many threads ago we discussed what it would be like for every poster to live together in an apartment building. I can’t remember how far we got. I just find it funny how much this oddly specific topic comes up.
Also, you all should know who I’d be sharing a room with. :3

Last edited Aug 10, 2013 at 01:31AM EDT
Aug 10, 2013 at 01:26AM EDT
Quote

@Erin

Yup, I remember that. Was it PG 4? I remember we discussed how we would piss each other off with our different music tastes blasting through the walls of the apartment

Pyro and all the metalheads would live in the basement while Me, Algernon and opspe would be on the top floors so we wouldn’t have to deal with them

Also, you all should know who I’d be sharing a room with. :3

Where is Cite, anyway?


@Mark

And what room do we get? The master bedroom, of course!

Sorry, looks like Kewlnoob has that all to himself…just himself.

You can borrow Disturbed’s room. Look’s like he won’t be needing it. Of course it’s a single bed and I assume you will most likely take that. But luckily each room comes with a rabbit hutch for pets. So there you go


@Disturbed

I’m looking at you, Blue Screen.

Not if I get to you first boi. You ain’t the only one that’s gonna be borrowing everyone elses rooms. Meet you in the hallway. I challenge you to a DUEL

Last edited Aug 10, 2013 at 02:01AM EDT
Aug 10, 2013 at 01:52AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!