Forums / General

191,139 total conversations in 5,241 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Apr 18, 2014 at 08:00AM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9,092 conversations with 155 participants

@Signing up: Thanks BSOD but I was actually talking about Tumblr, not 4chan. I hadn’t given any serious thought to even trying 4chan for a rather long time.

@Sex versus violence in Ponies: I have a couple MLP-specific answers.
One is that while both carry the “corruption” element, the clop also carries the “bestiality” trigger. Obviously it’s not nearly as bad as real zoophilia and bestiality (Since they’re sapient. In fact, some say it’s more comparable to Star Trek-esque alien-banging than any real-world horse-screwing because of that.), all your have to do is look at all the furry-bashing to realise how little that matters to some people.
And one angle worth addressing is those outside the fandom who are still dealing with MLP. For them, sex is just as bad (maybe not as much, maybe worse, but roughly similar) for them as for non-clopper Bronies, for the most part. Whereas for more venemous haters, many would actively WANT to see the little ponies come to harm for obvious reasons and enjoy seeing such a thing happen (especially if carried out by an outside force). Trust me as I speak from experience, back in my full-fat hater days. I was not as digusted by R34 as some but the comparison holds, as I was WAAAAAY into the idea of the Ponies getting hurt, abused and killed (as shameful as it might sound, I’m still not fully away from such a concept, though it is limited more now that I’m lapsed or lapsing with regards to pony-hate).
Of course, I don’t really know how much of this is actually relevant, so take with a pinch of salt.

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:43AM EDT
Quote

@Sex vs. Violence

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I don’t really know what exact factors were involved but I’m guessing that when contraceptives didn’t exist, sex was much more of a big deal and rules had to be laid down.

Well, the big one would be the limited resources available. Especially with hunter-gatherers, there’s a limit to how many people in a band are sustainable. Have too many mouths to feed, and you need to start either rationing food or killing the weakest links. Neither is pleasant, so better to not end up in that situation in the first place.

But why did this continue, after the switch to agrarian culture and the headcount limit rising considerably? Well, it was still there, back in the day all sorts of things could go wrong and cost you a whole year’s worth of food, but another issue presented itself.

See, we humans just aren’t designed to sit in one place as a huge group. Such does not come naturally to us. It’s the reason laws are necessary, as we’d revert right back to small wandering tribes if left to our own devices. Problem is, laws are just ink on paper unless there’s someone to enforce them. And you don’t get people to enforce your laws on the rest of their kin unless there’s something in it for them.

So, in exchange for their service, enforcers are given certain privileges not afforded to the common folk. Among these are often either the right to have sex and/or increased benefits for any resulting offspring. For example, unless you were lucky enough to be born to a Roman family, you had to serve in the Auxilia to gain citizenship, which included the right to marriage. You’ll also note that the Abrahamic religions, which posit that mankind must be controlled to achieve full potential, are the strictest around when it comes to matters of sex.

So, to boil it down to its essentials: Control the sex, control the masses. The threat of violence only goes so far. The threat of never getting any goes much further.

Battle’s back then were far bloodier than modern ones and they happened way more frequently.

That’s very debatable. Sure, you were much more in the thick of it, and the weapons of the old world could inflict some very nasty injuries (ever seen someone who got a bit careless with their replica sword? Not a pretty sight) but compared to the modern theater?

You’ve got incredibly loud weapons that can kill you right where you stand in the blink of an eye from kilometers away. You’ve got weapons that can turn even the mightiest of fortresses to dust. You’ve even got the means to kill all living things on the planet several times over. These are the things ancient storytellers used to paint the pictures of the endtimes. Ragnarök, Yawm ad-Din, Kali Yuga, Armageddon, The Sermon of the Seven Suns, The End.

The very fact that we are now capable of turning those nightmares of old into reality is infinitely more horrifying than any pile of corpses the old world produced.


CrashGordon94 wrote:

One is that while both carry the “corruption” element, the clop also carries the “bestiality” trigger.

Y’know, the funny thing is that this whole revulsion at bestiality is a fairly modern development. It didn’t really come into being until the Abrahamic religions took the reins (and as you’ll recall, they’re not much better about other forms of sex either) and is still viewed much less severely in places where their influence wears thin. For example, check the carvings on the Khajuraho monuments if you ever need proof that the old world was much more fun.

Of course, that’s not to say it’s ever been a wholly accepted thing. Even in the most liberal places it still carries the whole assumption that you just ain’t good enough for the human ladies so you have to screw the critters, but it’s treated more as comedy than tragedy. So, instead of “He fucked a goat, how horrible!” you get “He fucked a goat, har har har!”

And then there’s the whole hypocrisy of it being completely fine to slaughter animals by the truckload so you can feast on their dead flesh and dress in their rotting skins, but sticking your dick in ’em is somehow crossing a moral event horizon. Ties nicely into this whole violence vs. sex thing, no?

Aug 20, 2013 at 02:25PM EDT
Quote

@Down with Molestia
I saved some of the original images and tweets for archiving in case we ended up adding it to the Molestia article here.

I regret getting that close to what turned into a enormous pile of crap.
(It was pretty shitty to start with, too.)

Anyone here familiar with The Newsroom? One of the recent episodes had a character say this:

“What’s wrong with sluts? That’s a woman who has a lot of casual sex with different guys. Why isn’t that good so long as everybody is safe? Because the country is divided into people who like sex, and people who are utterly creeped out by it. I’m one of the sex people, and I’m sure we’re in the majority, and I’m getting tired of having to make a public bow to the minority by pretending I’m not really into sex.”

Now, the character had developed a drinking problem by this point in the season, so take that quote as you will.

This isn’t so much of an approach to sexual assault, as it is that so many people are completely disgusted with there being any explicit material of MLP. Many people are into R34 of MLP. Some of those people have rape fantasies (I’m not one of them, but I know a KYM member who does have them), and so that kind of content would appeal to them. The art is made so that they can visualize those fantasies without having to enact them. In this way, the artistic material can actually be a benefit by preventing a horrendous act from occurring.

I can’t speak for sexual assault jokes. Some are funny, many are just stupid. Quite a few of the DWM supporters really went out of their way to force an idea of molestation into the APM blog though.

Example (NSFW): Ask Princess Molestia #224

One person on dA said this:

Okay, she is a maid in Celestia’s employ. Part of her job is that unsatisfactory performance is grounds for sexual assault. She cannot deny Molestia’s advances as 1) Molestia is her employer and she’d be jobless if she said no 2) Molestia is the ruler of the realm and could easily cover up evidence and ruin the maid’s life through her authority. Therefore, the maid cannot refuse for numerous reasons related to Molestia’s position. Molestia uses this to get sex. This is me defining rape by coercion.

Also, she has a ballgag in her mouth so she physically can’t deny her too, if it weren’t bad enough.


Know what? Let’s just file all of this shit under “Reading too much into things”, and call it a day.



Happier subjects:

We brought up bat ponies a while ago. Hopefully this is still relevant:

Last edited Aug 20, 2013 at 02:57PM EDT
Aug 20, 2013 at 02:29PM EDT
Quote

Kewln00bs name isn't special wrote:

@BSoD on /mlp/ and parts of the image gallery here they are (with some posters here still saying “Oh, when’s the real Season 3 coming out?”)

@sstabeler Umm dude, the mere fact that they’ll end up changing the animation (again) big time to the intro will rustle jimmies, now ADDING Alicorn Twilight will cause a rustle tsunami that will last like maybe an hour or two?

Changing the animation in the intro rustles jimmies? You serious? It’s the intro. I don’t know about you, but I don’t really care that much about the intro. If people wanna get all butthurt over it, fine, but I don’t give a shit.


@Sex vs. Violence: Yeah, the bias against sex is pretty bullshit. I mean, SpongeBob (frickin’ SpongeBob) is allowed to show Squidward’s toenail being ripped off, but any hint of sex has the soccer moms charging at the writers? Yeah, it makes no sense. Then again, Animaniacs gets away with that stuff all the time.


@Scootability: Maybe she just hasn’t learned how to fly. Same thing with Sweetie Belle and magic. Also, speaking of Scootaloo, have this:

Aug 20, 2013 at 03:48PM EDT
Quote

@Brownmane: I must admit I didn’t know that but I’m not horribly surprised given how backwards things were in the old days. And yeah, I can see why the OTT-ness against it seems weird, I’m guessing it’s because it’s seen as rape and treated as such. I’m not sure if you’re for or against this anti-animal screwing thing “Abrahamic” religions apparently started, but I know I’m A-okay with it and have some doubts about those who aren’t. I am a Christian, though that’s not the reason so much as this stuff is sick and it’s logical to be judgemental about it.

@Jimmy: Scootaloo doesn’t seem to like being a unicorn! :P

Last edited Aug 20, 2013 at 04:18PM EDT
Aug 20, 2013 at 04:11PM EDT
Quote

(Essentially worthless post here)

I’m back from a brief absence due to vacation, sorry if it appeared as though I’d shown up for a few days, only to never be seen again.

EDIT: Top kek

Last edited Aug 20, 2013 at 05:08PM EDT
Aug 20, 2013 at 04:51PM EDT
Quote

@rainbows
meh, no worries. you passed most of the shitstorm.. So count that you are lucky.

So what is your thought on s4?

Aug 20, 2013 at 05:39PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen said:

@TSG

Are people still upset about Twilicorn?

Of course. Every few days there’s another “Cult of Faust” thread on /mlp/ complaining about how much McCarthy deserves to burn to death for “ruining” Faust’s “vision” by daring to kick status quo in the nuts.

They’ve even deployed the “Anti-Twilicorn Xanatos Gambit”, where they complain how, no matter what, Twilicorn sucks. If the writers have her do anything that a Princess would do, Twilight’s become a Merry Zoo and the show’s now the “Twilight Sparkle Plus Background Five”. If she doesn’t do anything, then her becoming an alicorn was nothing more than a Jewish cash grab and a sign that Hasbro’s pulling all the strings and the writers have no control over the show.

Then there’s the DeviantART group that famously declared their independence from canon due to Twilicorn, although it appears they’ve since toned things down in an effort to contain the spaghetti. There’s aslo countless other anti-Twilicorn groups.

And of course Derpibooru continues to be a battleground whenever someone uploads some [alicorn drama] art.

On the bright side, Fimfiction (the place where I spend most of my time) has accepted the new canon extremely well. I’ve only encountered two or three anticorn fanfics since the Great Twilicorn Shitstorm. In fact, a quick search shows there isn’t even an anti-Twilicorn group on Fimfiction.

CrashGordon94 said:

I hadn’t given any serious thought to even trying 4chan for a rather long time.

Honestly, /mlp/ isn’t all that bad. Once you get over the general rudeness, and swearing, and occasional horse penis/vagina that trolls post. Really, though, /mlp/‘s three main allures are the wild rumors that run rampant (Discord’s really Star Swirl, the Rainboom trademark is a Massive Hasbro Crossover video game sidescroller with Dash as the main character, the CMC will go to Manehatten and visit Babs Seed in S4, etc), the leaks (EgG, etc.), and the shitstorms. /mlp/ can make me laugh more than KYM can when people post their hilarious reactions to jimmy rustling news.

CrashGordon94 said (again):

I was not as digusted by R34 as some but the comparison holds, as I was WAAAAAY into the idea of the Ponies getting hurt, abused and killed (as shameful as it might sound, I’m still not fully away from such a concept, though it is limited more now that I’m lapsed or lapsing with regards to pony-hate).

Congratulations, you’re part of the 75% of Fimfiction’s userbase that enjoys [Grimdark]s and clopfics. I wouldn’t consider liking ponies being hurt, abused, or killed “shameful”. I just read a fanfic a little while ago where Lightning Dust is a sociopath who threatens to kill Dash and her friends if she doesn’t give up the “Lead Pony” badge. It was a really good story.

Brownmane the Knight said:

And then there’s the whole hypocrisy of it being completely fine to slaughter animals by the truckload so you can feast on their dead flesh and dress in their rotting skins, but sticking your dick in ’em is somehow crossing a moral event horizon. Ties nicely into this whole violence vs. sex thing, no?

The problem with bestiality is that animals lack the ability to give consent. If you legalize having sex with something that can’t give consent, then it’s a short skip down the slippery slope fallacy to age of consent laws and rape in general.

@Crazy I-hate-having-to-copy-paste-that-damn-crescent-moon-and-am-too-lazy-to-look-up-its-unicode

Again, it’s Tumblr/SJW. They’d argue it’s sexual assault if a woman on a bus got uncomfortable when a man sat next to her. inb4:

>muh strawman
I wish it was. I really, really do.

Aug 20, 2013 at 05:57PM EDT
Quote

It Makes Rainbows! wrote:

(Essentially worthless post here)

I’m back from a brief absence due to vacation, sorry if it appeared as though I’d shown up for a few days, only to never be seen again.

EDIT: Top kek

Top kek?

I haven’t seen that word in years.

Did you make this image too?

Aug 20, 2013 at 06:09PM EDT
Quote

To be fair, if the problem with bestiality is that animals cannot give meaningful consent, then when you are dealing with sentient ponies… But yeah, I generally prefer to avoid clopfics. (granted, i’ve read shipping fics, but as a general rule, they cut away before anything intimate. ( for example, in The Best Night ever fanfic, while it’s fairly obvious Rarity and Blueblood sleep together they don’t show the actual act. Just Prince Blueblood waking up with Rarity.))

Aug 20, 2013 at 06:10PM EDT
Quote

TSG said:

Honestly, /mlp/ isn’t all that bad. Once you get over the general rudeness, and swearing, and occasional horse penis/vagina that trolls post. Really, though, /mlp/‘s three main allures are the wild rumors that run rampant (Discord’s really Star Swirl, the Rainboom trademark is a Massive Hasbro Crossover video game sidescroller with Dash as the main character, the CMC will go to Manehatten and visit Babs Seed in S4, etc), the leaks (EgG, etc.), and the shitstorms. /mlp/ can make me laugh more than KYM can when people post their hilarious reactions to jimmy rustling news.

Maybe, but I REALLY REALLY don’t want anything to do with 4chan. The disgusting stuff sounds far too much for me to take and I don’t like the rumor stuff and shitstorms. Also I’m not sure I’d like the general atmosphere.

TSG said:

Congratulations, you’re part of the 75% of Fimfiction’s userbase that enjoys [Grimdark]s and clopfics. I wouldn’t consider liking ponies being hurt, abused, or killed “shameful”. I just read a fanfic a little while ago where Lightning Dust is a sociopath who threatens to kill Dash and her friends if she doesn’t give up the “Lead Pony” badge. It was a really good story.

I’d just like to clarify that I only said and meant that clop didn’t bother me as much as some, not that I’m a clopper. I see your point about the Grimdarkfics but I’m not sure it’s the same thing with me to be honest.

EDIT: “top kek” is related to this

Last edited Aug 20, 2013 at 06:19PM EDT
Aug 20, 2013 at 06:16PM EDT
Quote

@CrashGordon94

Oh, I know that, but “kek” specifically is from WoW. When a character speaking Common hears a character speaking Orcish (or vice-versa) the letters are switched so that the text sounds like gibberish, to simulate the effect of hearing a language you do not speak. Some people figured out that if you wrote “kek” the program would translate it as “lol,” and so people who wanted to laugh at enemy players would write “kek” so that the players could read it. That’s where the WoW connection comes from.

Aug 20, 2013 at 06:39PM EDT
Quote

@CrashGordon94

Actually, it’s the modern condemnations which I’d call backwards, to be honest. I think the people of the old world understood the world and how it works much better than we do, in certain respects. In this case, they understood that having peculiar urges such as these was often unavoidable and no amount of shaming or punishment would deter the afflicted individuals. So, while they often were the butt of a joke, they didn’t get burnt at the stake for it.

Here in the modern west, though, bestiality is one in a long list of unacceptable deviations that will get you into jail or the madhouse with almost no questions asked. Hell, you don’t even need to practice it, it’s enough that someone insinuates that you do, and that’s pretty much that, you’ll never be able to show your face in polite company again. It’s quite handy if you need to do a character assassination, to be honest.

Well, considering bestiality as rape is all well and good until someone asks you to justify slaughter. If you’re perfectly fine with killing and eating animals, why is fucking them such a big no-no? And while you can get pretty far with the rape is a special kind of evil line of reasoning, what about the cases where the animal makes the advances? Oh yes, that happens too. I’ve heard many an anecdote about mares in heat making advances (read: shoving their butts in the faces of) their caretakers, and there’s plenty of evidence that, for example, dolphins born and bred in captivity often develop a sexual attraction to humans. That’s a bit of a gray area and a real hard one to address without someone accusing you of wanting to fuck beasts.

Now here’s a line you’re not going to hear often: Yes, I’m against the prosecution of bestiality. Can’t say I find it all that appealing myself, but I’m categorically against all forms of sexual repression. Wouldn’t be much of a prince of perversion if I wasn’t, now would I? Besides that, it would also make people that much more free, and in this day and age, more freedom is what’s needed.


@xTSGx

Well, that’s debatable. It’s not like we need their consent to kill them, now do we? There’s already all sorts of laws that prevent you from mistreating animals (by doing such things as employing butchering techniques that cause undue pain) so I don’t see why sex that sticks to those guidelines would be somehow unacceptable.

And then there’s the whole quagmire of defining consent. Sure, animals can’t speak or write, but that logic would also prevent any mute person who can’t write for whatever reason from having sex, no matter how much they want to. Of course, interpreting body-language and such is much trickier and very ambiguous, but there are certain fairly universal indicators of desire.

As for the slippery slope, well, that argument’s been dragged out for just about every change to sexual laws. I’d say it’s fairly discredited by now. Even if it weren’t, I’d still encourage you to stick it where the sun don’t shine. I dislike this whole habit of laws being used to shield modern folk from what basically amounts to human nature. It makes us weak and squeamish, unfit to live in this reality. I once heard a documentary director comment that the easiest way to shock western audiences is to show things just the way they are. So, if a society collapses just because a few things were legalized, well, perhaps said society wasn’t worth sustaining.

Aug 20, 2013 at 06:46PM EDT
Quote

@xTSGx on that anticorn group

Oh! So what vegetable do they like? peas? I bet they like peas! Fuck those corn hating pea fuckers!

Also I won’t be able to be here most of the night as I have an early driving test in the morning D:

Last edited Aug 20, 2013 at 07:00PM EDT
Aug 20, 2013 at 06:54PM EDT
Quote

@Brownmane: …I’m kinda stunned, I really don’t know what to say other than these:
• Tarnishing people with mere accusations isn’t work. That doesn’t make prosecuting bestality wrong, it’s just an “innocent until proven guilty” issue.
• The slippery slope fallacy is bullshit, that’s why it’s a fallacy. Not to say that no argument of that that nature is ever true, but in that case it wouldn’t be a slippery slope so much as a slippery staircase with every “step” down justified with logic, those seem rare though, in comparison to the bullshit slippery slope fallacy. Not really sure how it comes into this discussion so I’m not sure what applies here.
• Bestality is just plain fucked up, period. And I will flat-out admit that I’m appalled to hear you defend it in this way (even if you don’t do it yourself, it doesn’t). Now I realise “I’m against sexual repression” is a nice principle, but that’s ALL it is: A principle, a guideline. If you don’t make exceptions then it’s just plain old zealotry and if you DO then this is one of the places where you really really need to.

I’d append a second bit for an alternate conversation, but I can’t think of anything.

Aug 20, 2013 at 07:27PM EDT
Quote

@CrashGordon94

Actually, you can tarnish people with mere accusations. Of course, this relies on everyone believing that you wouldn’t make such accusations lightly, but in the case of sexual deviancy that’s already the general assumption. If people want proof, well, it’s an easy enough thing to plant evidence. Of course, that’s not what you’d expect from ordinary folk playing the social game, but when it comes to politics and the like, well, the rules are a bit different.

The slippery slope bit was brought up by another user, and I figured I could make a point with it. But yeah, not much relevance.

You do realize the irony of calling on me to make an exception while saying bestiality is unconditionally unacceptable, right? Thing is, a good chunk of sex-related crimes are covered by other laws already, so giving them special treatment is a bit redundant and stinks of people wanting more control than they ought to have. It’s not like the people who have these desires can just will them away, even with the threat of punishment hanging overhead. Prosecution will just drive them underground, where they’re much more likely to do harm. Need I remind you of what happened during the prohibition?

Aug 20, 2013 at 07:58PM EDT
Quote

So anyway, on the topic of “let’s not ague over bestiality anymore, guise seriously,” look what comic just updated:

(Full size here)

Last edited Aug 20, 2013 at 08:26PM EDT
Aug 20, 2013 at 08:12PM EDT
Quote

I meant to say “good” or something, not “work”. Crap!

Other than that, I’ll stop under Platus’s orders. I was kinda into “Crusader Mode” there anyway…
…Don’t recognise the comic though so I can’t really comment on it…

Aug 20, 2013 at 08:27PM EDT
Quote

Twilight’s First Day- it’s pretty good, actually. it’s exactly what it says on the tin- what can go wrong when you have a colt going off to join the Guard, and a filly with known issues controlling her magic.

Aug 20, 2013 at 08:32PM EDT
Quote

CrashGordon94 wrote:

I meant to say “good” or something, not “work”. Crap!

Other than that, I’ll stop under Platus’s orders. I was kinda into “Crusader Mode” there anyway…
…Don’t recognise the comic though so I can’t really comment on it…

It’s probably the cutest comic series in the whole fandom – which is really saying something. Here is the artist’s deviantArt page, where you can read the whole thing.

If you don’t post on this thread again, I will just assume that you have suffered a cute-induced heart attack.

@sstabeler

“A filly with known issues” – yah, that’s one way to describe her.

Last edited Aug 20, 2013 at 08:51PM EDT
Aug 20, 2013 at 08:34PM EDT
Quote

Okay thanks, I might just think about that! Not totally sure if I can read the comic right now but I might be able to.

Aug 20, 2013 at 08:52PM EDT
Quote

I never really thought that Scootaloo might never fly. Has there ever been a pegasus pony who can’t fly? I know that Fluttershy had trouble flying when she was younger, but she got better at it. She may be a weak flyer, but she still knows how to. Just because Scootaloo can’t fly now doesn’t mean she never will, right? Right?

Here’s Scootaloo with Luna

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:34PM EDT
Quote

@brownmane

That’s very debatable. Sure, you were much more in the thick of it, and the weapons of the old world could inflict some very nasty injuries (ever seen someone who got a bit careless with their replica sword? Not a pretty sight) but compared to the modern theater?

Actually I didn’t say war back then was scarier or more destructive, I just said it was bloodier

Gun battles get pretty messy. But swordfights are even messier. Imagine all the guts you would see spilled in a humongous mash of 1000 axemen chopping each other up into hunks until one side is completely butchered. And if they happen to be Mongols, they’ll spend the rest of day hacking skulls out of the dead bodies to make a skull pyramid

But how bloody wars were back then was beside my point. My point was that if you lived in that time, without a doubt, you could not avoid gore. It would have reached a point where gore and horror was normalised in culture. Leading to horror depictions today, leaving with little controversy.

And I was going to point out several flaws in your assertion on bestiality but Platus said no. So I’ll drop that subject


@Platus and that comic

Now that right there is Princess Mo’fukn Celestia

Not Molestia, not Trollestia. Not a banana addict or a tyrannical overlord but Celestia. That’s who she is in my headcanon

Last edited Aug 20, 2013 at 11:45PM EDT
Aug 20, 2013 at 11:40PM EDT
Quote

@CrashGordon94

Do you know what happens when you google image search ‘scootaluna’ with safe search off?

Now we have Luna dressing as Scootaloo and Scootaloo dressing as Luna. Everything is alright.

Last edited Aug 21, 2013 at 12:54AM EDT
Aug 21, 2013 at 12:53AM EDT
Quote

That’s odd. I was expecting something NSFW seeing that safe search is off.

Aug 21, 2013 at 01:27AM EDT
Quote

vintiezre wrote:

That’s odd. I was expecting something NSFW seeing that safe search is off.

Aug 21, 2013 at 01:43AM EDT
Quote

@ Blood/Gore and Sex



Now, tell me which is worse. Because I’m sure we ALL have different opinions on which one is worse and why it is so.
My opinion? Both are abnormal to the canon MLP universe. I find the violence bad because they seem to overdo it HEAVILY in fics and pictures (i.e. Cupcakes, Rainbow Factory) as though it were becoming Happy Tree Friends. If it was regular fighting without gruesome deaths and torture, then it’d be much better off fitting into the canon MLP universe (i.e. the Changeling Fight in “A Canterlot Wedding”). I find the sex bad because rather than focus on actual romance and affection, it’s devolved into, you guessed it, porn (i.e. The Usual). If there was a logical story or reason to said ships and sex, then it’d make sense to be in the MLP universe (i.e. Hearts & Hooves Day).
I find the violence is a tad bit worse in the case of how it is handled in fan work. But in terms of what the show will feature, sexual content is damn near, if not totally, impossible. Violence has a much better chance, though only with minor violence, to be featured in the show instead.

After an hour or so of traveling, the duo ended up just outside of the shop, called Smoke Hay Everyday! Blue and xTSGx went around the back of the store, and readied themselves to act.

“OK… remember, you’re only pretending to rob the store… absolutely no theft, got it Blue?” xTSGx asked, almost as if scolding him.

“Yes, mom…” Blue replied sarcastically, and placed on a black ski mask, a black sweater, and a pair of black slacks. xTSGx nodded, and placed her mask on as well.

“You got about five minutes before I come in and get you out… be sure to get anything you can,” she reminded him, and she flew up out of the alley and out of sight.

Blue exited the alley, and stood at the entrance to the shop. I can’t believe I’m still doing this… he thought to himself. He took a deep breath, pulled out a baseball bat, and rushed into the store quickly. “Everybody down on the ground now!” Blue demanded.

As he did, he noticed a few ponies inside turn towards him, and frantically duck when they realized what was happening. “Listen up… this… is a robbery. I don’t wanna have to beat the shit out of anypony… but I damn well will if I have to! Think of your loved ones… don’t try to be a hero,” he spoke. He was more than frightening, and his words struck the ponies with fear deep into their bodies.

But he noticed one pony who seemed to not care less that a maniac with a bat entered the shop; the cashier. Blue approached him, and slammed his bat down onto the counter hard. “Didn’t you hear me!? Get the f*ck down!”

The cashier, a bearded unicorn wearing a nametag that said Disturbed, replied calmly. “So… how long do your periods last?” he replied sarcastically and casually, grinning widely.

Blue lost much of his bravado with the statement, and he seemed to recoil a bit. “You think this is funny!?” he said, trying to reclaim his edge. He then demonstrated his control by swinging the bat across an aisle of bongs, sending them all crashing to the floor with a huge clatter following afterwards. The customers inside seemed to duck even lower than before, still terrified of Blue. Disturbed, however, shook his head laughing hysterically.

“You think that’s threatening to me? Ooh, you knocked over the discount bongs… how scary,” he replied, more than amused at Blue’s attempts.

“Hey… listen.. could you stop being such a dick? It’s my first robbery…” Blue whispered harshly to Disturbed.

“What… you think your first time for anything is always gonna turn out in your favor? You’re dead wrong, let me tell you…” Disturbed explained, and he leaned over the counter. “Listen, if you really want ponies to take you as a robber seriously, you need a hostage… preferably the cashier. Customers are spare blood…” Disturbed suggested.

“Wait… why are you telling me this?” Blue asked confusedly.

“Because… while I enjoy the thought of you getting your ass handed to you by the Royal Guard, I hate them so much…” he said angrily.

“Um… OK.” With that, Blue used his bat to hold Disturbed in a headlock, and Disturbed struggled to get loose.

“Hey… that was good! Now… what you wanna do next… is yell to the cashier to reveal whatever it is you were looking for…” he gasped out, a bit proud of Blue’s sudden step up.

“OK… where’s the security room?” Blue asked.

“I ain’t gonna tell you shit!” Disturbed denied, and then spoke up again. “Come on, rookie… you need more balls in your statement… show ‘em who’s boss, and don’t hold back on demanding them with cursing!” he advised.

“I said… WHERE’S THE F*CKING SECURITY ROOM!?” Blue demanded with a roar.

“OK… OK… it’s in the back… take this key, man… just don’t hurt me!” Disturbed pleaded desperately, and then spoke up casually once more. “You did it, bro! You got what you wanted!” As he said this, Disturbed somehow freed himself from Blue’s grasp by flipping him over the counter, causing Blue to crash among a row of cigar packs. “That was great! Next time, though, have a tighter hold on the hostage, and you should do fine,” Disturbed said.

Blue groaned in pain, before standing up and rubbing his head. With that, Disturbed led Blue to the security room, and opened it. “Huh… no cash register?” Disturbed asked.

“No… I’m looking for a certain somepony…” Blue said menacingly in a low voice.

“Ah… the revenge deal… I think I can help you out,” Disturbed said.

“OK… I need to know the location of a dark grey earth pony… dark reddish mane… fancy?” Blue asked.

“Yeah… I think I know who you’re talking about,” Disturbed said, and he led him into the security room. He showed him a monitor, and rewinded a cassette. Many ponies moved backwards quickly, until Disturbed stopped the film. The playback started, and the monitor showed a pony, exactly matching Blue’s description, grabbing a case of cigars. “The douchebag would only want the ones I had in the back… not the ones on display. Brought the damn case to show me which ones they were…” Disturbed said irritably. “Someone with him said he was in a hurry to reserve a room at some local… I think it was a brothel?”

Disturbed then handed Blue a small card, stating the name and address of the “brothel;” the Zeta House. Blue turned to Disturbed, and thanked him. He then heard the door to the shop burst open, and heard some of the patrons yell in relief, “It’s Mare-Do-Well! We’re safe!”

Oh, f*ck… Blue thought as xTSGx entered the security room, and immediately pounced on Blue. He was genuinely surprised at her sudden attack, and she continuously beat at him with her hooves. He received quite a beating, and he yelled in surprise and fear as he felt himself being dragged across the floor by her. “OK… hope your body heals after that beating,” Disturbed said amusedly. He laughed to himself. “This job sucks too…” and with that, he used his horn on himself. He glowed brightly, and vanished completely.

Blue was dragged back into the alley, and he felt his mask being removed. xTSGx removed hers as well, and she immediately planted her lips on his, kissing him warmly. She then pulled back, and then blushed. “Oh… sorry. Um… did you get what you wanted?” she asked shyly, her face still red.

Blue nodded, almost dumbly, smiling widely. “Yeah… I think I did…” he said wistfully. He looked into xTSGx’s eyes, and she waited.

“Well?” she asked, almost impatiently. Blue realized he had the info still, and he face hoofed himself as he handed the card to her. She took it slowly, and looked it over. She then handed it quickly back to Blue, almost as if it were contagious. “OK… do we really have to go there?” she asked worriedly.

“You don’t… but I do,” Blue reassured her. She then appeared as if she were about to argue against it, but she sighed, deciding against it. She then faced Blue, and nodded.

“I know I don’t… but I will as well!” she reassured him, and Blue smiled even more at that. By the end of the day, I hope I’ll get what I wanted.

Last edited Aug 21, 2013 at 03:55AM EDT
Aug 21, 2013 at 03:53AM EDT
Quote

@Twilicorn Drama
Yep, still alive and kicking!
Over on DeviantArt, there is a big project going on where a bunch of plushie-makers are teaming up to create a giant quilt so each person participating was given a character and told to design a square.
Just the other day, the person who’s doing Twilight asked which Twilight ‘type’ people would prefer and there was pretty much a 50-50 mix of alicorn and unicorn responses, with such eloquent comments as “F$&% Alicorn Twilight!”
Plenty of ‘Faust Canon’ comments, too.
Some people just can’t let it go I guess.


@/mlp/
Said it before, but nope.
No interest in jumping into that… place.
xTSGx talked about just needing to get over the general rudeness and swearing but I just can’t.
It always feels so completely unnecessary and irritating and I just have no desire to deal with it long enough to not care anymore.
Not to mention, any positive thing that occasionally appears there sure doesn’t stay there.
Anything good from /mlp/ is almost immediately posted to Derpibooru, so I can pretty much use that as my own crap filter.
Why go in myself when all the interesting bits are cherry-picked and extracted from the cesspool for me?


Of course Scootaloo doesn’t like being a unicorn!
She lost her wings!
Now if she could keep them and get the horn…

@Disturbed
That’s actually another reason that I think a disabled Scootaloo would be interesting: It explores some ideas that the show sort of glosses over.
Yeah, Fluttershy was a weak flyer at first but eventually grew to be somewhat competent.
What if she hadn’t, though?
That’s what Scootaloo’s story can play with.
How does a pony define themselves when the primary differentiating factor of their race doesn’t function?
It’s sad, no doubt, but it is also really interesting.

Oh, and I also like Scootaloo’s disability creating a little triangle of pegasi, each with a different take on flight.
Dash flies and loves it, Fluttershy can fly but doesn’t like it, and Scoot wants to fly but can’t.
That knid of variance in viewpoints can generate fun character interactions.


@Platus
Ah yes, ‘Diabetes: The Comic.’
I’ve been following that thing from the beginning and it never ceases to kill through raw adorableness.
And I agree that that is one of the best depictions of straight canon Celestia I’ve seen in a while.
With all this talk of her ‘alternate’ versions, canon Celestia in all her caring, playful glory really does need more love.


@Crash
“L-Luna?!”

“You’re my favorite princess! I-I thought we were friends!”

(By the way, both Crash’s image and my reaction are based on this video: Sanity Risk Ahead)


So…

This exists now.
Excuse me while I go into a sugar-coma from just looking at that.

Aug 21, 2013 at 04:49AM EDT
Quote

I keep hearing everyone say the Intro’s been changed… I don’t remember seeing that.

I’m just going to assume you guys mean opening Episode, since as far as I know the Tittle Sequence hasn’t shown up here yet

Aug 21, 2013 at 04:53AM EDT
Quote

@Mark

Now, tell me which is worse.

You know what I’m thinking? Neither.

One is a well drawn depiction of zombie ponies. But zombie are awesome.
The other is two consenting ponies pleasuring each other. Good for them.

Is either of those really bad?

Whether it’s a vicious horror scene of dismemberment or an erotic pizza delivery, isn’t all just art in the end?

Art can be whatever it wants. It doesn’t have to be restrained to anything. Certainly not by canon so it doesn’t matter if it’s ‘abnormal’ to any universe. In fact, the point of art is to stretch normality and delve into the abnormal to brings us experiences that are new, to stir our emotions and feelings, to summon our thoughts and questions.

Art can have any context or setting it desires and if the context is shocking or arousing…whichever way it succeeds in stimulating our emotions…all the more power to it. Whether the content of art is good or bad is massively subjective. What should only matter is how well it is executed.

And as for the execution, I think both those examples are good. Those zombie ponies are quite well drawn. As for the execution of ‘The Usual’; well obviously it is doing something right because I’m not going to lie: That comic is sexy

But that’s just my opinion as a mature adult who appreciates all artistic and literature forms for how well they are done and what they can convey. And does not consider mere art depictions to be a threat to the integrity of society and culture.

Aug 21, 2013 at 04:56AM EDT
Quote

@Violence vs Sexual Content Discussion

Is sex really considered to be worse than gore in this fandom? I honestly don’t think it is. There’s probably more vocal opposition directed towards sexual content, but that’s not necessarily a good indicator of acceptance.

Here’s part of my thought process: Try to name a truly infamous piece of fan content or a fad that was primarily focused around sex. I can only list a couple off the top of my head, and I’m not even sure about one of them.

  • Lyra plushie
  • Possibly Molestia

When it comes to Molestia, it’s very widely accepted, with only a minority of the fandom actually complaining about it (ignoring the recent fiasco). For the Lyra Plushie, most people found it amusing rather than offensive, and the opposition was mostly focused on how it gave the fandom a bad image rather than any possible moral implications.

If you then try to list things that focused on violence:

  • Cupcakes (the original fic, not the much more widely accepted idea of Pinkie being a psycho)
  • Rainbow Factory (despite being pretty tame by internet standards)
  • Scootabuse (very old fad)
  • Fluffy Ponies
  • Sweet Apple Massacre

I’ve seen people get a lot more angry about these, and very few people trying to justify them. The fierce opposition to clop is only sustained by the large number of people who are accepting of it. When it comes to works of extreme violence, you’ll find very few people arguing about it, and that’s probably because barely anybody accepts it.

I know that violence and gore is often tolerated in fanfiction, but it’s generally only accepted when the violence doesn’t take center-stage. There’s usually some kind of adventure that the reader is more focused on, and the violence is portrayed as something unfortunate that happened along the way. It’s rare to find it glorified anywhere, and it’s usually intended to disgust the reader rather than give them some sort of thrill. Whenever the focus is on gore and gore alone, it’s almost universally shunned.

Last edited Aug 21, 2013 at 05:49AM EDT
Aug 21, 2013 at 05:44AM EDT
Quote

Brownmane the Knight said:

And while you can get pretty far with the rape is a special kind of evil line of reasoning, what about the cases where the animal makes the advances? Oh yes, that happens too. I’ve heard many an anecdote about mares in heat making advances (read: shoving their butts in the faces of) their caretakers, and there’s plenty of evidence that, for example, dolphins born and bred in captivity often develop a sexual attraction to humans. That’s a bit of a gray area and a real hard one to address without someone accusing you of wanting to fuck beasts.

It’s an animal. It doesn’t make “advances”, it sees something, and it humps it. Why can’t we just do it in return? Because we have this little thing called “intelligence” and “civility” that distinguishes us from the mares and dolphins. We recognize that that kind of behavior is not only rude (what with consent and all), but also has little to no benefits (you can’t “marry” the animal, it can’t return your affections, the amount of work you’d invest in having sex is vastly larger than simply masturbating).

Brownmane the Knight said:

Well, that’s debatable. It’s not like we need their consent to kill them, now do we? There’s already all sorts of laws that prevent you from mistreating animals (by doing such things as employing butchering techniques that cause undue pain) so I don’t see why sex that sticks to those guidelines would be somehow unacceptable.

You’re comparing apples to tomatoes. Killing an animal for the purposes of consuming it is different than fucking it for the purposes of…achieving sexual arousal. Regardless as to how “safe” your animal sex may be regulated, it’s still an animal. And given the fact that it can’t know what you’re trying to do to it, there’s no telling how it would react. Nine times out of ten, there’d probably be an injury--just ask Mr. Hands.

Brownmane the Knight (also) said:

Sure, animals can’t speak or write, but that logic would also prevent any mute person who can’t write for whatever reason from having sex, no matter how much they want to.

No it wouldn’t. Not only would sign language be available, but the basic “If you want to have sex with me, do [insert complex activity that couldn’t be misinterpreted here].” It’s not even about talking or writing, though. You can get a parakeet to consent to sex, but it’s not actually consenting, since it lacks the intelligence to know what it’s saying.

This is also why there’s laws banning sex with children and the mentally handicapped. Because even when they give consent, they probably have no idea what it actually means.

Brownmane the Knight (also) said (once more):

As for the slippery slope, well, that argument’s been dragged out for just about every change to sexual laws. I’d say it’s fairly discredited by now.

The funny thing with the slippery slope fallacy is that if there’s a proven link (aka “warrant”) from A to B to C that makes up the fallacy, it is no longer a fallacy. For instance, many argued that legalizing same-sex marriage would lead to bestiality and other nasty sexual events. The fallacy was invoked, but now suddenly A’s linking to B (not really, it’s just an internet debate, but you get the idea).

Brownmane the Knight said (last time):

It’s not like the people who have these desires can just will them away, even with the threat of punishment hanging overhead. Prosecution will just drive them underground, where they’re much more likely to do harm. Need I remind you of what happened during the prohibition?

That’s a BS argument. You could say the same for murder, rape, pedophilia, theft--hell, pretty much every criminalized act.

(Damn, this is sounding like one of those Tumblr blogs. Not So Different and all that.)

Lunar Protoge said:

I keep hearing everyone say the Intro’s been changed… I don’t remember seeing that.

Well, we don’t actually have confirmation that the intro’s been changed, but it’s assumed given the fact that Twilight’s an alicorn now and it’s doubtful they would pass up an opportunely to hype it up.

Blue Screen said:

isn’t all just art in the end?

Not if it offends someone. Remember the tumblr saying: “You’re rights stop where my feelings begin.” (I’m not joking, someone actually said that as part of their argument toward trying to find a “compromise”.) Alright, I’ll stop having Tumblr rustle my jimmies now. Promise.

Aug 21, 2013 at 06:00AM EDT
Quote

@Disturbed
“The cosplay has been doubled!”
And I totally fell for that too.

@Mark
I’d say the gorey one looks worse, but I don’t know if it’d flip around if the sexual one was uncensored. Genitals (other than my own, usually) give me the jibblies…
Also, while it it would never happen in the show, the romantic stuff seems reasonably fitting, at least to me.

Aug 21, 2013 at 07:43AM EDT
Quote

Can’t we at least all agree that it would be best to just plain not have sex with animals and leave it at that?

No? okay then – Hey look pone!

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:29AM EDT
Quote

@iamslow

But if we agree to that, how will we ever be able to cum inside Rainbow Dash?

Look at her, she has needs!

Last edited Aug 21, 2013 at 12:07PM EDT
Aug 21, 2013 at 12:07PM EDT
Quote

So, we went from The-object-in-your-left game to Sex vs Violence in one page! Cool.
Cool.

Well, let’s get in the discussion.

I think you forgot that most part of the fandom is made of different kinds of people, with different kinds of minds with different views of such subject.

Everyone hates the sexual and gore content? You can’t say that. And as BSOD said, in the end it’s just art, and it shouldn’t be something that hurts your feelings. Sure, you can think “This is sad” or “This is bad” but it shouldn’t be something that hits you.

Aug 21, 2013 at 01:15PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@iamslow

But if we agree to that, how will we ever be able to cum inside Rainbow Dash?

Look at her, she has needs!

Speaking of cumming inside Rainbow Dash…

Aug 21, 2013 at 03:57PM EDT
Quote

Damn it, Blue Screen! You’re supposed to stop us from turning into /kym/. Oh well.

>February 16 + six months
>Not cumming inside Twilicorn

Do you even cum?

OR

Cringe Thread, go!

How far can you make it into the video?

Aug 21, 2013 at 04:56PM EDT
Quote

@Anti-Twilicorn Deviantart Group. Sorry for this late reply but I find this part kinda funny, when on said group they have a rule which is, I quote
“5. No hateful remarks to any employees of Hasbro Inc. or DHX Media. This also includes their friends and family.”
You know, that’s a pretty goddamn great rule. You know, why give hateful remarks to a bunch of people doing their job? You know, this group actually seems pretty cool considering their respect to the makers of the show even though they made a decision these people absolutely hate. Is something I WOULD say if this picture wasn’t one of their featured deviations

Holy shit guys, you have 22 rules and you already make a complete 180 by the 5th?! You guys were doing so good too! You take one step forward and 27 and a half steps back. If this stamp wasn’t a National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation parody I’d be much more pissed off…..You know, I think this post counts as a Cringe post as well right?

Aug 21, 2013 at 06:01PM EDT
Quote

Haven’t watched the video TSG posted and I only looked at the pictures in Alex’s post. Already saw the ones except for that awful Fluttershy scat pic… shudders
What site is that on, anyway? Don’t want a link to that wretched pic, I was just curious about where it was because I don’t recognize the layout.

Last edited Aug 21, 2013 at 07:00PM EDT
Aug 21, 2013 at 06:51PM EDT
Quote

Cringe thread! Now this is something I know.
There are so many thing I could post, but nearly half of them are SFW.

BEHOLD! The Rainbow Dash Fedora!
Aug 21, 2013 at 06:53PM EDT
Quote

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

Cringe thread! Now this is something I know.
There are so many thing I could post, but nearly half of them are SFW.

BEHOLD! The Rainbow Dash Fedora!

That Rainbow hat, not sure if it reminds me of this:

Or this:

Aug 21, 2013 at 06:56PM EDT
Quote

@xTSGx

How far can you make it into the video?

“I watch My Little Pony with my friends. I’m a brony.”
“That’s…..really gay.”

I don’t know if this is real or fake, but I had to pause the video every five seconds because I was laughing so hard. “It’s called clopping, dad. It’s something every brony does.”

And I watched all of Alex’s videos too.

Video 1: The camera shaking was giving me a headache. The only time the camera wasn’t shaking was when he put down the camera to struggle with the packaging for a full minute.
Video 2: All I got out of that was DIS-CORD! The comments made me cringe more than the video.
Video 3: It was short. Nothing to say.
Video 4: Yep. I do believe that 10 year old made that video himself.
Video 5: “That’s right. A pony broke the sound barrier. LOOK IT UP, KIDS!”

Last edited Aug 21, 2013 at 07:02PM EDT
Aug 21, 2013 at 07:00PM EDT
Quote

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

Cringe thread! Now this is something I know.
There are so many thing I could post, but nearly half of them are SFW.

BEHOLD! The Rainbow Dash Fedora!

Well, at least we get to sip victory from our speedy hats.

Aug 21, 2013 at 08:42PM EDT
Quote

Disturbed Birthday wrote:

Sorry, I can’t edit my last post. Here’s another cringe video

LOL10YEAROLDS

Anyway, here’s a cringeworthy one.


@That Fluttershy Scat Picture: I think Lisbeth Salander’s shirt will do this one justice:

Last edited Aug 21, 2013 at 09:15PM EDT
Aug 21, 2013 at 08:48PM EDT
Quote

Yo! You must login or signup first!