Forums / Discussion / General

169,950 total conversations in 5,441 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9944 posts from 165 users

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

Welp. Can’t argue with that.

The Only way to win.

Aug 23, 2013 at 08:30PM EDT
Quote

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

Damn Mark, you won.

@CrashGordon94: You don’t need guns to serve/worship her. Besides, her glorious army of darkness would give you new guns

I guess those are fair points then.

Also, new page. Are we having a “something thread” this thread?

Aug 23, 2013 at 08:49PM EDT
Quote

We are Crash, indeed we are. This is a Prince Blueblood thread now mother fuckers.

Aug 23, 2013 at 09:17PM EDT
Quote

Disturbed B wrote:

Jack off non-sexually?

So, speaking of blueblood and non-sexual jacking…

I’m pretty sure this counts.

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:57AM EDT
Quote

Fifths said:

So, speaking of blueblood and non-sexual jacking…

I never thought I would hear that sentence. Not on /mlp/. Not in a crazy crackfic on FIMfiction. Why am I not surprised it was the KYM Pony Forum?

I do hope you realize that non-sexual jacking off will become your legacy.

Alex Mercer said:

>Pony Thread VII, Page 86
>Not knowing about non-sexual jacking

Somebody needs to lurk moar.

If you don’t feel like lurking, it originated with Fifths comment of:

So here’s a bit of a weird topic, but have any of you ever wanted to jack off to a pony non-sexually? Here, let me explain what I mean by that.

This picture is incredibly cute. It makes me smile like a dope and I love looking at it. I’m not sexually attracted to this picture (unlike someparrot I could name), but it does awaken feelings not completely unsimilar to sexual attraction. This isn’t a feeling of purely contented aesthetic contemplation. I don’t look at the adorable Scootaloo and say to myself “That was nice, I’m going to go do something else now.” I see it and say “This is nice and I am so frustrated that I can’t hug the shit out of her right now.” Similar to the way when I look at a sexy woman and say “This is nice and I am so frustrated that I can’t so pleased that I am going to f*ck the shit out of her.”

The feelings I sometimes have when looking at cute ponies really is really a desire to possess, a desire to hold. It’s a feeling with a certain tension that seems to imply further action. Does anyone ever else experience that when looking at a cute pone?

And thus, a forum in-joke was born.

@Blue Screen

>mfw I’ve made 25% of all comments about non-sexually jacking off

Last edited Aug 24, 2013 at 05:43AM EDT
Aug 24, 2013 at 05:43AM EDT
Quote

@Prince Blueblood


@Jacking off non-sexually
I’ve seen this a couple of times, but I still don’t get the full meaning of it. Is it like jacking off, without thinking sexual thoughts?

Aug 24, 2013 at 07:04AM EDT
Quote

Zorgenflarg wrote:

@Prince Blueblood


@Jacking off non-sexually
I’ve seen this a couple of times, but I still don’t get the full meaning of it. Is it like jacking off, without thinking sexual thoughts?

Maybe it’s like giving something a round of applause for being so adorable – except one of your hands is a penis.

Aug 24, 2013 at 08:29AM EDT
Quote

@Crash
I know. Didn’t get the full meaning of it after reading TSG’s post, but now that I look better at it, and after Platus’ post, I understand it’s meaning

Aug 24, 2013 at 08:58AM EDT
Quote

Zorgenflarg wrote:

@Prince Blueblood


@Jacking off non-sexually
I’ve seen this a couple of times, but I still don’t get the full meaning of it. Is it like jacking off, without thinking sexual thoughts?

Eh, the point I was trying to get at with the original post was the idea of watching ponies being a sort of emotional self-gratification.

Like jacking off, only non-sexually.

Aug 24, 2013 at 10:52AM EDT
Quote

@Fifths

I totally understood what you meant by that. I mean, have you ever just wanted to hug the shit out of something? Just to show a whole lot of affection. It’s basically just that

But understanding what you meant didn’t change the fact that you worded it in the most hilarious way

Aug 24, 2013 at 11:49AM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

Maybe it’s like giving something a round of applause for being so adorable – except one of your hands is a penis.

You know, that reminds me of a Family Guy cutaway.

Aug 24, 2013 at 11:52AM EDT
Quote

So guys…..I was just thinking. How would the people who hated Equestria Girls react if they made an episode in season 4 or 5 where Sunset Shimmer returns? I’m already waiting for the “NO EQUESTRIA GIRLS ISN’T CANON!” folks to go nuts.

Aug 24, 2013 at 11:53AM EDT
Quote

Kewln00b? wrote:

So guys…..I was just thinking. How would the people who hated Equestria Girls react if they made an episode in season 4 or 5 where Sunset Shimmer returns? I’m already waiting for the “NO EQUESTRIA GIRLS ISN’T CANON!” folks to go nuts.

That depends ons wether they give her the EQG personality etc. or not.


@Persons explaining non-sexual jacking off
Thanks for explaining this phenomenon to this less-frequent pony thread poster ^^

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:22PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Fifths

I totally understood what you meant by that. I mean, have you ever just wanted to hug the shit out of something? Just to show a whole lot of affection. It’s basically just that

But understanding what you meant didn’t change the fact that you worded it in the most hilarious way

I second this.

It’s too hilarious a phrase to undercut with a logical explanation.

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:28PM EDT
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

@bluescreen

ok, you have a point, but then bronies shouldn’t be upset when they are compared to furries, because, even if they aren’t 100% similar that are pretty damn close.

that is all

Aug 24, 2013 at 01:25PM EDT
Quote

Non-sexual jacking is best in-joke.

@Sunset Shimmer
I wouldn’t mind seeing her again. I wanna know more about her. How did she become Celestia’s student? What exactly drove her to no longer be Celestia’s student?
Now that I think about it, why do I wanna know more about Sunset Shimmer? Is it because she’s an interesting villain, or is it because her backstory in Equestria Girls was too vague?

Aug 24, 2013 at 01:27PM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

@bluescreen

ok, you have a point, but then bronies shouldn’t be upset when they are compared to furries, because, even if they aren’t 100% similar that are pretty damn close.

that is all

Just drop it. You don’t get to say who should or shouldn’t get upset for whatever reason. It doesn’t matter if bronies are similar to furries, they’re two separate fandoms with two completely different origins and their members can define themselves how they like.
If you’re trying to point out that it’s hypocritical, we already know that, everyone already knows that. If you’re trying to stop anyone from being a hypocrite, nothing anyone could ever post would ever ‘fix’ the problem and will probably just lead to them getting annoyed at you.

Aug 24, 2013 at 02:59PM EDT
Quote

@Jacking Off Non Sexually

but it does awaken feelings not completely unsimilar to sexual attraction.

And then again.. WTF am i reading?
But i like this joke-inside forum. Like.. Cumming inside BSOD non-sexually..

Damn never gets old.


BTW i want to show you guys something that i work on.

I am done with lines. If anyone likes to support or give some advice on coloring i would be glad.


@Jolly Jew
So what do you want us to do? Let the people realize it somehow. I am sure all users in pony general doesn’t give a shit about that thing.

Last edited Aug 24, 2013 at 05:32PM EDT
Aug 24, 2013 at 05:30PM EDT
Quote

Fifths said:

Eh, the point I was trying to get at with the original post was the idea of watching ponies being a sort of emotional self-gratification.

>dat damage control

Kewln00b The Master of Unlocking said:

So guys…..I was just thinking. How would the people who hated Equestria Girls react if they made an episode in season 4 or 5 where Sunset Shimmer returns?

I would sigh in disappointment as Sunset “send a bunch of highschoolers to take over a country with a fully functioning army” Shimmer’s appearance makes me realize that MLP has begun the slow march that doomed Pokemon by not ignoring the idiotic villains that ruin the best episodes.

Aug 24, 2013 at 06:37PM EDT
Quote

TSG, who says Sunset Shimmer would return as an antagonist? It could be that she is bad at being a villain, but makes a good ally. Bear in mind that there isn’t actually that much difference between Twilight and Sunset Shimmer (the way I figure it, Sunset Shimmer is what Twilight would have ended up as if she hadn’t found some friends.) so a Sunset Shimmer that had some actual friends might make a decent ally.

Aug 24, 2013 at 06:42PM EDT
Quote

sstabeler wrote:

TSG, who says Sunset Shimmer would return as an antagonist? It could be that she is bad at being a villain, but makes a good ally. Bear in mind that there isn’t actually that much difference between Twilight and Sunset Shimmer (the way I figure it, Sunset Shimmer is what Twilight would have ended up as if she hadn’t found some friends.) so a Sunset Shimmer that had some actual friends might make a decent ally.

Wait… in an alternate timeline… Twilight is Sunset Shimmer?

Aug 24, 2013 at 08:53PM EDT
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

Fifths said:

Eh, the point I was trying to get at with the original post was the idea of watching ponies being a sort of emotional self-gratification.

>dat damage control

Kewln00b The Master of Unlocking said:

So guys…..I was just thinking. How would the people who hated Equestria Girls react if they made an episode in season 4 or 5 where Sunset Shimmer returns?

I would sigh in disappointment as Sunset “send a bunch of highschoolers to take over a country with a fully functioning army” Shimmer’s appearance makes me realize that MLP has begun the slow march that doomed Pokemon by not ignoring the idiotic villains that ruin the best episodes.

Actually I think that would be pretty stupid if they spent the last few minutes showing us that Sunset Shimmer could reform with the help of Twilight’s friends and be good just to have her show up in Season 4 and go “MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA I HAVE DESTROYED THE HUMAN WORLD TWILIGHT SPARKLE! NOW I’M HERE TO DESTROY EQUESTRIA!!!!!!!”

Aug 24, 2013 at 08:56PM EDT
Quote

more like in an alternative timeline Sunset Shimmer is Twilight, but yeah, more or less. Sunset Shimmer is basically a cross between Twilight and Trixie. Specifically, Sunset Shimmer is pretty similar to Trixie before Magical Duel. What caused her to rebel against Celestia was seeing herself an Alicorn in the mirror. ( which makes me suspicious that something was influencing her. I doubt the mirror is based on the Mirror of Erised)

Also, look at Twilight. She can be pretty condescending at times, if you think about it. (For example, in Feeling Pinkie Keen, when she was calling the Pinkie Sense impossible) She’s not boastful, but that could be down to how Celestia taught her. ( she had just had a student spectacularly fail due to excessive ego, so I imagine she made sure Twilight didn’t go down the same path. Which might actually explain why Twilight is somewhat scared of disappointing Celestia, if Celestia came down hard on her if she started boasting, you could see Celestia using “I am very disappointed in you, Twilight”…)

In short, Sunset Shimmer with a smaller ego and actually having friends? = Twilight.

Aug 24, 2013 at 09:13PM EDT
Quote

That leads me to question her age. Supposedly, Sunset Shimmer is a teen in the movie, yet I find the time lapse between her leaving her studies and Twilight becoming Celestia’s student inconsistent.

Aug 24, 2013 at 09:53PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Fifths

I totally understood what you meant by that. I mean, have you ever just wanted to hug the shit out of something? Just to show a whole lot of affection. It’s basically just that

But understanding what you meant didn’t change the fact that you worded it in the most hilarious way

Yeah, I realized that pretty quick and now I just have to live with the forum having a little joke at my expense. Oh well, my ego can always use a bit of trimming.

@Jolly Jew

Last edited Aug 24, 2013 at 10:14PM EDT
Aug 24, 2013 at 10:11PM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

@bluescreen

ok, you have a point, but then bronies shouldn’t be upset when they are compared to furries, because, even if they aren’t 100% similar that are pretty damn close.

that is all

But why should we ACCEPT it when people compare us to furries? Especially when a lot of us are nothing like furries? Why should I have to sit back and let people compare me to a furry when my only similarity between them is liking a show about animals? I mean hell why stop there, should I just let people compare me to satanists just because I’m a fan of heavy metal music?

I mean if we’re not furries why should we just let some random jackoffs on the internet decide to call us furries just because?

Last edited Aug 24, 2013 at 10:30PM EDT
Aug 24, 2013 at 10:28PM EDT
Quote

Before this furry discussion sets off on its voyage, I’d just like to let you folks know that I am now back at school and thus will have a weekly pony chalk drawing to share. Here’s the one from today, courtesy of a bag of charcoal and time travel.

The MGS exclamation mark was a last minute addition, but pretty nice in my opinion. Also, if any of you ever want to see something specific drawn by my school’s brony club, send me a vector and I’ll submit it (if it’s appropriate) and it just may get drawn. Discord and Derpy probably won’t get drawn since grey chalk doesn’t show up well on grey ground, but that’s about it.

Aug 24, 2013 at 11:21PM EDT
Quote

Did somebody say sunset shimmer?

I think she’s kinda neat. I’d like to see her come back – maybe to help deal with some even worse villain she fought before defecting from Celestia?

Mite be kewl.

@brony and furry comparisons

I like what kewlnoob said.

Aug 24, 2013 at 11:29PM EDT
Quote

@Alex


Damn never gets old.

Never get tired of that huh? What if I gave you a new perspective?

BTW i want to show you guys something that i work on.

What color scheme were you planning on?

Obviously you would need to use Prototype colors: mostly shades of grey and black with small amounts of red. Dark red/burgundy/rustic/dry blood will suit the background

Aug 25, 2013 at 01:58AM EDT
Quote

@jollytroll
as someone who claims both furries and ponyfags and someone who has known that you are just a fukken troll
all I have to say to you is

Aug 25, 2013 at 04:05AM EDT
Quote

Erin the Furry wrote:

Just drop it. You don’t get to say who should or shouldn’t get upset for whatever reason. It doesn’t matter if bronies are similar to furries, they’re two separate fandoms with two completely different origins and their members can define themselves how they like.
If you’re trying to point out that it’s hypocritical, we already know that, everyone already knows that. If you’re trying to stop anyone from being a hypocrite, nothing anyone could ever post would ever ‘fix’ the problem and will probably just lead to them getting annoyed at you.

ummm, if most people knew it’s hypocrtical most likly they would stop getting offended from being compared to furries…

again, even if at their core they are different, just like being a fan of two different sports teams, and sometimes two sports games you will still be very likley to be compared.
this fact it just needs to be accepted and not be something to be offended from.

@Kewln00b
if you put it like that then yes, it’s stupid to compare you to a furry

but it’s just you

most bronies, masturbate to cartoon animals and have erotic fantasies about them – just like what furries are known to do.

so even though there are always some like you and me who stand out of the generalizations, they are still valid and should not be so harshly offended from.

Last edited Aug 25, 2013 at 06:03AM EDT
Aug 25, 2013 at 05:35AM EDT
Quote

most bronies, masturbate to cartoon animals and have erotic fantasies about them – just like what furries are known to do.

Again go fuck yourself
stop bothering us so we can get back to clopping and yiffing

Aug 25, 2013 at 05:53AM EDT
Quote

@Sunset Shimmer
I never stated she’d return as a villain, only that she’d return. I really hope she doesn’t. Personally, EqG is nothing but a gigantic clusterfuck. Shimmer’s the worst villain I’ve ever seen. The high school setting is as interesting as as balnk cardboard. And there’s enough minor plot problems to create a death by a thousand knives scenario for my Disbelief. I really hope canon just ignores it and moves on to brighter pastures.

The sad part is, Shimmer really made or broke the movie. Had she been an interesting villain with decent motive and a cool evil plan, it probably would have made up for all the cliches. But no, instead she’s copy/pasted from TV Tropes Alpha Bitch page, and that’s it. She has no other personality then “bitch”. Instead of a really neat evil plan, she breaks up the Mane Five’s friendship (which doesn’t even make sense. Why is that even a plan of hers in the first place--oh right, cause her personality’s nothing but “bitch”) and her grand plan for getting revenge on Celestia consists of sending no more than a few hundred, unarmed, untrained high school students to invade a full sized country with a military and three alicorns. Team Rocket’s Pikachu capture plan makes more sense than that.

Enough of my butthurt, it’s time for another one of my patented failed topics! What would you want to see in the next villain?

For me, the best villains are the ones that you almost agree with. You look at their plan or motive and go “hey, that actually sounds really good” and it’s only when you see what they’re willing to do to accomplish that plan, or some other side of them that makes you side with the hero. Or, even better, you end up siding with the villain. I love sympathetic villains, and I wish MLP would do one. Give me a little grey in my black and white morality.

Aug 25, 2013 at 06:04AM EDT
Quote

@Derpy Vazquez

ummm what? this is a very illogical and incoherent response.

all i did was to just state a fact to back up my arguement. why the hell are you taking offense in what i said?

so you got annoyed at and just decided to yell out loud that my fact and arguemt are correct?

then why are you angry and vulgar?

thanks for agreeing with me… i guess?

Aug 25, 2013 at 06:26AM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

ummm, if most people knew it’s hypocrtical most likly they would stop getting offended from being compared to furries…

again, even if at their core they are different, just like being a fan of two different sports teams, and sometimes two sports games you will still be very likley to be compared.
this fact it just needs to be accepted and not be something to be offended from.

@Kewln00b
if you put it like that then yes, it’s stupid to compare you to a furry

but it’s just you

most bronies, masturbate to cartoon animals and have erotic fantasies about them – just like what furries are known to do.

so even though there are always some like you and me who stand out of the generalizations, they are still valid and should not be so harshly offended from.

I think I’ll refer you to what I said.
Yeah, some Bronies are turned on by the Ponies, comparing THEM to Furries is totally valid.
The reason your statement doesn’t work is that NOT EVERYONE IN THE FANDOM DOES THAT! If you doubt, there are rather a few people in this thread who don’t do that.
And hell, some of the “perverts” in the fandom are only interested in human versions of the characters, which breaks the comparison really, to sum that part up:

Aug 25, 2013 at 06:27AM EDT
Quote

@xTSGx
I would like to see a villain that doesn’t just get defeated and never seen again. A true foe to deal with. An epic battle that they must fight again and again so that when they finally do destroy the evil villain it will be like “OMG I CAN’T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW”.

Aug 25, 2013 at 06:48AM EDT
Quote

@Crash

Yeah, some Bronies are turned on by the Ponies, comparing THEM to Furries is totally valid.

You don’t become a Furry just by fapping to MLP

Furries are defined by having an interest in anthropomorphism in general artwork. Period. Being a Furry doesn’t just come down to what you masturbate towards, Pony or otherwise. So not even Cloppers are Furries by exact definition.

Yiffers are Furries and Cloppers are Bronies. Again, these terms are not interchangeable. So a Clopper can only be a Furry if he’s in both fandoms. This also applies to all Furries and Bronies in general

Need I remind you guys what I said earlier: The Furry and Brony labels are determined 100% by your interest in the source material, not your actions

Both you and JJ probably look at furries only at a distance, see that it produces a lot of fap material (since that’s the only interesting thing people outside of the fandom want to talk about) and assume that, that is exactly what being a Furry means.

You are wrong.


@JJ

Dude. You asked a question and you got your answer, now let it go before you start a flamewar

Last edited Aug 25, 2013 at 07:11AM EDT
Aug 25, 2013 at 07:07AM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

@Derpy Vazquez

ummm what? this is a very illogical and incoherent response.

all i did was to just state a fact to back up my arguement. why the hell are you taking offense in what i said?

so you got annoyed at and just decided to yell out loud that my fact and arguemt are correct?

then why are you angry and vulgar?

thanks for agreeing with me… i guess?

that’s all you ever do, huh?
Well I’m stating fact….
fact: you have no say in either arena i.e. pony or furry so your fact is just speculation and you can just GTFO, doors that way, don’t let it hit ya in the ass on your way out.

fact: you always say you’re just asking or you just wanna know why, but always ask about controversial subjects.
In my dealings that is what a troll does. You ask about something to rile people up and act innocent like you’re just that oblivious (or is it that you are truly that stupid)?
I don’t think you are asking because you wan’t answers to any questions.
Am I supposed to believe that you are that interested in the pony or furry communities that you want answers to questions like, we both masterbate to animals so why are we mad at each other?

Aug 25, 2013 at 07:10AM EDT
Quote

@Jolly Jew
>implying everypony is a clopper and everyfurry is a yiffer
>2013 years after the death of our lord Jesus Christ

And now…

Master Race Debates.

Last edited Aug 25, 2013 at 08:00AM EDT
Aug 25, 2013 at 07:56AM EDT
Quote

@Jolly Jew

Hey, do you like women? If you do, I propose that you’re extremely similar to a pedophile and should not be offended if I compare you to one. If you’re going to lump bronies and furries together for both liking animals of different species, certainly you cannot object to this distinction. Both you and the pedophile get sexually aroused by the same kind of creature with only an age difference, so under your logic, you are even more alike.

Now you’re going to respond and offer me important distinctions between yourself and the pedophile and give me your categories of relevant attributes which if two things share, namely bronies and furies, they should be regarded as similar. I suggest you save your breath as I have already preemptively rejected your categories and think you’re kind of an asshole.

Last edited Aug 25, 2013 at 09:53AM EDT
Aug 25, 2013 at 09:52AM EDT
Quote

>Jolly Jew being abnormally persistent

BSoD:

Dude. You asked a question and you got your answer, now let it go before you start a flamewar

>Everyone still seems to be letting him draw them in
>tfw this is actually happening in Pony General!
>tfw Mewtwo plans this all along!

Stop feeding Jolly Jew

Now, back to worthy pone discussion.

EDIT: Video embed no work! Why!?

Last edited Aug 25, 2013 at 11:36AM EDT
Aug 25, 2013 at 11:24AM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

ummm, if most people knew it’s hypocrtical most likly they would stop getting offended from being compared to furries…

again, even if at their core they are different, just like being a fan of two different sports teams, and sometimes two sports games you will still be very likley to be compared.
this fact it just needs to be accepted and not be something to be offended from.

@Kewln00b
if you put it like that then yes, it’s stupid to compare you to a furry

but it’s just you

most bronies, masturbate to cartoon animals and have erotic fantasies about them – just like what furries are known to do.

so even though there are always some like you and me who stand out of the generalizations, they are still valid and should not be so harshly offended from.

No. Stop with the fucking sports teams analysis. Teams have very different fanbases. For example, if you look at the St. Louis Cardinals’ fanbase, then look at the Oakland Raiders’ fanbase… yeah.

Furries are supposed to be into anthro, yes? Do the ponies in the show look like anthros? No; they’re perfectly normal technicolor ponies who just happen to be drawn as anthros a lot. There’s a huge difference. Also, you can’t say most bronies clop. That’s not true. Some bronies don’t even know what clopping is. You have to be careful when making generalizations about groups of people – you’re going to unleash hell, and not necessarily in a good way.


@Stupid Sexy BSoD:

Aug 25, 2013 at 11:29AM EDT
Quote

EDIT: AW CRAP! Page get! Let’s see… Berry Punch time!

Last edited Aug 25, 2013 at 11:46AM EDT
Aug 25, 2013 at 11:43AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!