Forums / Discussion / General

170,255 total conversations in 5,454 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9944 posts from 165 users

Berry thread? Alright, here’s a question – what do you think she does to pay for all that booze?

Aug 25, 2013 at 11:54AM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

what do you think she does to pay for all that booze?

She does science

Last edited Aug 25, 2013 at 12:05PM EDT
Aug 25, 2013 at 12:05PM EDT
Quote

@Berry’s Booze payment

I suppose she probably runs a small grape orchard (grape cutie mark after all) which acts as both source of fine wine for her to drink, and a source of income for food.

As such, despite the probability that berry is an alcoholic, she’s probably quite functional doing so as making wine is probably her job. It wouldn’t be very proper if she weren’t able to handle her liquor while trying to assure the quality of her product. So if anything, she probably would have to drink almost an entire keg before she starts acting like a proper drunk, attesting to her high constitution.

Actually, I’m going to start with some head cannon now… What if Berry isn’t any kind of rowdy drunk? What if normally she’s shy and withdrawn and a little bit of wine helps her feel relaxed enough to deal with social pressures?

What if drunk Berry is actually more like sober Rarity? Assuming Rarity is usually sober that is.

Aug 25, 2013 at 12:13PM EDT
Quote

I like Berry Punch…

…we share things in common


@Platus

Berry thread? Alright, here’s a question – what do you think she does to pay for all that booze?

I like the winery idea. Seems to make sense since it’s her mark after all. Cutie marks are supposed to be occupations, not bad habits, so it’s a pretty logical connection. Her alcoholism could just be a run-off from her chosen destiny.

I don’t envision her being a real alcoholic either. I don’t like people who are constantly drinking all the time and can’t get off it. My personal rule is that drinks are for time with friends. Not for drowning sorrows. And I uphold Berry to that

I rather her being a casual party drinker with a weak liver and cannot really handle her booze that well so when she does drink, she gets trashed and everybody knows her for it.

Last edited Aug 25, 2013 at 12:36PM EDT
Aug 25, 2013 at 12:25PM EDT
Quote

Berry Punch thread? Goddammit. One of the few ponies I can’t find the energy to post for (except for that one comic where she doesn’t get any cider and thinks back to how alcohol has been there for her all her life….yeah that’s like the one time when I really enjoyed her fanon alcoholic personality). So umm………………………..Berry Punch.

Well in other news, MisterDavie AKA Mister “I made Get Ready to Die by Andrew WK popular among non Andrew WK fan bronies” Davie has made a new video in which you may have seen some gifs of. It’s………….a video.

Don’t watch if you can’t stomach MisterDavie’s other videos…………

Aug 25, 2013 at 01:35PM EDT
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

ok, im being presistant because so far i got no straight answer, the closest to it so far was from bluescreen but as soon as i replied to him i got karma bombed so i went back to square zero.

so let me re-phrase this question. why are bronies hate being compared to furries so much despite sharing a lot of behaviors and norms?

the answer i got from bluescreen, is that because they are very different at their core so the saying that one is the same as the other is wrong.

ok. but why are you guys being offended from a mere comparison? some guy on the 85th page said that he doesn’t care what people compare him to. why can’t others share that opinion?

this comparison to pedophilia is outrageous beacause pedophilia is MORALLY WRONG. so please dont bring stuff like that into the arguement

also: @CrashGordon94
NOT EVERYONE IN THE FANDOM DOES THAT!”

not everyone, but most do. i think it’s clear to everyone by this point that almost all the bronies clop – which brings me to the question that started this whole arguement

Aug 25, 2013 at 01:50PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Crash

Yeah, some Bronies are turned on by the Ponies, comparing THEM to Furries is totally valid.

You don’t become a Furry just by fapping to MLP

Furries are defined by having an interest in anthropomorphism in general artwork. Period. Being a Furry doesn’t just come down to what you masturbate towards, Pony or otherwise. So not even Cloppers are Furries by exact definition.

Yiffers are Furries and Cloppers are Bronies. Again, these terms are not interchangeable. So a Clopper can only be a Furry if he’s in both fandoms. This also applies to all Furries and Bronies in general

Need I remind you guys what I said earlier: The Furry and Brony labels are determined 100% by your interest in the source material, not your actions

Both you and JJ probably look at furries only at a distance, see that it produces a lot of fap material (since that’s the only interesting thing people outside of the fandom want to talk about) and assume that, that is exactly what being a Furry means.

You are wrong.


@JJ

Dude. You asked a question and you got your answer, now let it go before you start a flamewar

…Honestly, I tend to define Furries by the perverted stuff anyway,
Honestly, what’s so strange about liking anthro cartoon animals? That’s perfectly ordinary, this definition would suggest that lots of people are Furries because they like Tom & Jerry or Looney Tunes or Sonic, etc.
…I know lots of people who like stuff like that and I’d hardly call them Furries for doing so. >_>
I have nothing against those who are turned on by such things, but any way you cut it, that’s far more “different” (and label-worthy) than liking something so basic and common in beloved cartoons and similar things.
Also, I have seen Furries who like “feral” characters, that aren’t anthro but are just talking cartoon animals… Like MLP Ponies. If they’re Furries for liking those sort of characters, then wouldn’t all Bronies be Furries by definition, rather than just the Cloppers.
In any case, it’s goofy to say that MLP isn’t covered by the Furry Fandom, but Bronies aren’t Furries for liking it. Much like how Sonic is covered by the fandom but Sonic fans aren’t Furries by definition.

But in any case, I guess I need to let it go too. So I’ll join in the current thread I guess… Berry Punch thread, how is such a thing possible?

Aug 25, 2013 at 02:05PM EDT
Quote
ok. but why are you guys being offended from a mere comparison? some guy on the 85th page said that he doesn’t care what people compare him to. why can’t others share that opinion?

Because its an opinion, everyone has a different opinion. Some give a shit, some don’t.
Seems like you dont understand the concept of an opinion.


so let me re-phrase this question. why are bronies hate being compared to furries so much despite sharing a lot of behaviors and norms?

Because bronies see themselves as a seperate group from furries. Even if to an outsider they [bronies and furries] seem the same.


Mfw the answer is painfully obvious
Mfw you’re clearly trying to start a flame war

Also, being presistent is going to help you, its just gonna get you in trouble.

Last edited Aug 25, 2013 at 02:40PM EDT
Aug 25, 2013 at 02:28PM EDT
Quote

Cheers Berry Punch!


Oh well, i should post a “Berry Punch” amirite?

Your upload. lel
You know what? We are both same. We both filling KYM database with avatar of ourselves.
Here mine.
And yours
geddit?

@"Smile" vidya
:)

@BSOD
Dude i need a color scheme for your suggestion. Also how about a blade instead of “y” letter?

Last edited Aug 25, 2013 at 03:16PM EDT
Aug 25, 2013 at 02:47PM EDT
Quote

To berry punch: the cause of, and solution to, all life’s problems.

Aug 25, 2013 at 02:48PM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

ok, im being presistant because so far i got no straight answer, the closest to it so far was from bluescreen but as soon as i replied to him i got karma bombed so i went back to square zero.

so let me re-phrase this question. why are bronies hate being compared to furries so much despite sharing a lot of behaviors and norms?

the answer i got from bluescreen, is that because they are very different at their core so the saying that one is the same as the other is wrong.

ok. but why are you guys being offended from a mere comparison? some guy on the 85th page said that he doesn’t care what people compare him to. why can’t others share that opinion?

this comparison to pedophilia is outrageous beacause pedophilia is MORALLY WRONG. so please dont bring stuff like that into the arguement

also: @CrashGordon94
NOT EVERYONE IN THE FANDOM DOES THAT!”

not everyone, but most do. i think it’s clear to everyone by this point that almost all the bronies clop – which brings me to the question that started this whole arguement

>most

huh, I can think of 2 surveys where data was collected from many sites within the fandom that indicated that most bronies actually do not find ponies sexually attractive.

source – Survey of the Brony Subculture by Verbose and Opspe

source – Second Survey of the Brony Subculture by Verbose and Opspe

So you have a lot of people in one fandom that aren’t sexually attracted to cartoon animals and don’t want to be mistaken for members of another fandom that people often falsely assume is comprised mostly of people who are sexually attracted to cartoon animals.

Does it all make sense now?

Last edited Aug 25, 2013 at 03:21PM EDT
Aug 25, 2013 at 03:07PM EDT
Quote

You make a compelling argument, Iamslow, but I think it’s time to let Jolly Jew be. The argument has run it’s course here, and now we’re celebrating the too-drunk-to-fuck earth pony and her sexy teacher sister.


You guys remember Rainbow Dash’s Pro Skater from PGVI? Guess what? I updated it.

Aug 25, 2013 at 04:15PM EDT
Quote

Kewln00b The Master of Unlocking said:

Well in other news, MisterDavie AKA Mister “I made Get Ready to Die by Andrew WK popular among non Andrew WK fan bronies” Davie has made a new video in which you may have seen some gifs of. It’s………….a video.

Ah yes. The video I was linked to in the image gallery. My gut started screaming at me that something wasn’t right two seconds in, so I fast forwarded, saw Twilight lose her head, and noped right out of there.

Gore for the sake of gore has to be one of the worst forms of “art” there is.

@Furry debate
I am declaring neutrally in this conflict and am available to act as an arbitrator if necessary.

@Berry Punch
Wait, we have sockpuppets?! Is there a Twilight Sparkle too, or is this one of those “real commentator who’s just using a show name” kind of things?

(inb4 lurk moar)

@Iamslow

Okay, I just wanted an excuse to post this, I’m still neutral.

Last edited Aug 25, 2013 at 04:22PM EDT
Aug 25, 2013 at 04:20PM EDT
Quote

Responding to Jolly Jew:

ok, im being presistant because so far i got no straight answer, the closest to it so far was from bluescreen but as soon as i replied to him i got karma bombed so i went back to square zero.

I’ve been following this discussion for a while now, and it seems like you’ve been given a straight answer a couple of times already. I’m not sure how much I’ll just be repeating the same arguments that others have given already, but I’ll give it a shot.

so let me re-phrase this question. why are bronies hate being compared to furries so much despite sharing a lot of behaviors and norms?

the answer i got from bluescreen, is that because they are very different at their core so the saying that one is the same as the other is wrong.

ok. but why are you guys being offended from a mere comparison? some guy on the 85th page said that he doesn’t care what people compare him to. why can’t others share that opinion?

Personally, it doesn’t bother me all that much. The two fandoms are alike in a lot of ways, and there’s a large overlap between the two. I can recall seeing a fairly large MLP following over at FurAffinity a while ago, but I don’t know if it’s still around. There’s also a large following for anthro pony art within the brony community. As for their similarities, both fandoms enjoy anthropomorphic animals, though while furries like them in a general sense, bronies are focused specifically on the creatures found in MLP (though whether they’re truly ‘anthropomorphic’ is up to debate). Their art communities are fairly alike, with both often following similar art styles. Both communities are considered to be extremely nerdy and unusual to outsiders, and both are somewhat notorious for producing strange sexual content. This is especially true for furries, as even some people in this thread seemed to be under the impression that a furry is ‘someone that jacks off to cartoon animals’ (which really isn’t the case at all).

So I can see why it would be confusing to see people reacting so violently to the comparison. I think the reaction will differ depending on how the comparison is made. If someone were to say ‘bronies are just furries’, then I could understand people getting a little upset. As BSoD said, the two fandoms are different at their cores, and by saying that one is the same as the other it displays a complete lack of understanding. It’s like saying that football fans are the same as baseball fans, or Muslims are the same as Christians. Their similarities are obvious, but by equating the two you would completely misrepresent their identities. Those identities could be quite important to people, so it shouldn’t be surprising that people will speak out to defend them.

You’d probably get a much warmer response if you said ‘bronies are like furries’, because most bronies would recognise that there’s a lot of truth there. Despite that, some of them would still get upset and try to start an argument over it. That comes down mostly to the way furries tend to be viewed by the internet at large. A very common misconception about furries is that they’re all perverts who jack off to animals, and any brony who believes that is likely to be offended when you make the comparison. In their minds, you would be saying ‘bronies are all perverts who jack off to horses’, and hence they’d feel insulted.

also: @CrashGordon94
“NOT EVERYONE IN THE FANDOM DOES THAT!”

not everyone, but most do. i think it’s clear to everyone by this point that almost all the bronies clop – which brings me to the question that started this whole arguement

Nope, it’s not clear at all that almost all bronies ‘clop’ (man, I hate that word). I was going to link to the surveys of the brony community from opspe and Verbose, but it seems Iamslow beat me to it. To an outsider, it might look like there are a lot of cloppers in the brony community, but I can assure you that the majority aren’t interested in it. I’ve been in the community for over 2 years now, and I’m still clean. Most people are here because the love the show and/or they love the community. Only a minority are here for the weird porn.

I hope that helps. If something still isn’t all that clear you might want to continue this through private messages.


Oh, and Berry Punch is best pone.

It’s okay, Berry. I know that feel. I know that feel all too well.

Aug 25, 2013 at 04:58PM EDT
Quote

I’ve been busy being lazy and I missed a whole page?!

@Jolly Jew
I feel like I explained my position on this pretty clearly.
There are a number of different reasons that people may be lashing out against a comparison to furries.

Some people are outright insulted by being called furries because they genuinely buy in to how the internet has crapped on them for decades and they do not want to be associated with that reputation.
I’ve talked before about how I find that hypocritical and wrong-headed, but I still know they exist.
I’m not going to defend them, but it is a real thing and does account for some of the animosity.

But again, from seeing most people’s reactions, that first category is not the majority.
Most bronies tend to be relatively neutral to furries as a group.
The main annoyance comes with people continuously trying to force the comparison.
(See: the reactions you’ve been getting)
Most people who have tried to compare bronies and furries have done it with the explicit purpose of insulting bronies by association.
People are sick of it and have a tendency to assume that those who attempt to publicly equate the two fandoms are automatically doing it out of an intent to insult or troll.
Your repeated assumption that ‘most bronies clop,’ despite numerous assertions and exhibits to the contrary, is what most people are seeing as your attempt to troll or insult so you are being fought.
There is nothing to support this notion and it is usually the first thing that outsiders use to insult.

So it’s not that there aren’t some definite parallels between the two communities, it’s just that most people feel that these comparisons are rather surface-level and not indicative of some deep connection that makes them equivalent.
Bronies and furries have distinct interests.
Some overlap, some don’t.
That’s kind of it…


@Smile HD
I almost posted something about that yesterday when I found it.

I watched the whole thing with a grimace plastered on my face wondering why someone would go through all the trouble and effort that clearly went into this (and I will say that the animation itself is really quite good, for whatever that’s worth) just to make something so pointlessly violent and disgusting.
I mean, I wasn’t much of a fan of the .MOV series, but did appreciate that he at least attempted to do something beyond mindless gross-out images and ‘cute characters murdering each other’ crap.
To my annoyance (since it was basically what I expected), the little text crawl at the end proves that this guy was out more to piss people off than to create anything interesting in and of itself.
I’ve always disliked the attitude of people who get off on being hated and this guy has it in spades.
(More reasons why I avoid sites like /mlp/ and 4chan)
For whatever reason, I’ve been seeing near-universal praise for the video being ‘awesome’ or ‘kickass’ and I couldn’t be farther from those opinions.
It’s just mindless gore-porn and it does nothing but repel me.

This… thing was actually rather well-timed to the discussion a started up a few days ago about the disparity between responses to violence and sexuality.
Put a five second warning screen on the front, and you can go right ahead and eviscerate the entire cast of a children’s TV show on Youtube, no problem.
Show a boob, even with content restrictions and warnings everywhere, nope!
Ugh…


On to more interesting things:
Bat Ponies!
That discussion from some time ago never foloowed up on the most important bit: Faust’s response!

(Read this next one bottom to top)


Another wave of images from the upcoming MLP:TCG have come out and they have quite a bit of new canon/ascended fanon.
Some previously unnamed ponies have been given names:




Oh, the puns and silliness!

Vinyl was even given her first line of dialogue, though obviously she still has no official ‘voice’

Nothing too huge, but cool stuff nonetheless.
Still waiting on a full explanation of the rules.


And finally…

The newest comic, the CMC mini, is out!
Find it HERE!
It’s a very cute little story all around.
While I think I still prefer Andy Price’s art style most, this artist is a very solid second place!
Love all the little expressions and poses.


@Berry Punch

(Psst… Ponies work pretty well for a lot of this stuff, too!)

Aug 25, 2013 at 06:13PM EDT
Quote

Welp… “All bat ponies have crushes on Luna”. Sounds like we need an image of that.

Like… An entire gang of Bat Ponies squeeing over Luna.

Aug 25, 2013 at 06:46PM EDT
Quote

Bat ponies do not ‘squee.’
Bat ponies show their love for Luna by shamelessly throwing each other under the bus.
Embiggen Here

Last edited Aug 25, 2013 at 07:01PM EDT
Aug 25, 2013 at 07:00PM EDT
Quote

@DeadParrot: Celebrating your return with a long as fuck post? Allow me to introduce the newest PGW coaster, DeadParrot’s Long As Fuck Post.


@Bat Ponies: I could totally imagine the whole legion of Luna’s guards always fighting to be the first one that gets laid by her. You know when they all stand in a row, with a stoic look on their faces? Yeah, they’re all secretly thinking about banging their princess.


@Berry Punch:

Aug 25, 2013 at 07:22PM EDT
Quote

@SmileHD:
I didn’t like the video. Not for the unnecessary gore or the idea of pony murder, but because the event of Pinkie going out to murder everyone was completely random and out of the blue. Was there any motivation for Pinkie to just run down the hills and punch Twilight so hard her head tears off? No, there was no rhyme or reason behind it. Compare this to Cupcakes. Cupcakes was also a pretty dumb violence-for-the-sake-of-violence story, but Pinkie actually somewhat revealed a motivation for the brutal murders, being that it seemed like a task she had to do rather than something she wanted to do (not to say she didn’t enjoy it). Sure, it wasn’t much of an explanation, but it’s still better than in Smile HD which just shrugged its shoulders and went “fuck if I know”. Sure, in the video description it says that Pinkie wanted to show appreciation for her friends laughing at her, but that didn’t read at all in the video, and so is a complete failure on the videos part. I know it sounds odd to say that the lack of story or coherent motivation is what ruins a video for me more than random acts of gruesome violence, but it’s true that it’s what ruined the video for me. I probably would have loved it if it was some sort of deep analysis into Pinkie’s psyche, but it was just there to satisfy the violence junkies and to piss everyone else off. Not to mention the little 5 second “warning” at the beginning of the video does fuck all to tell the audience they are about to watch something incredibly violent.

Last edited Aug 25, 2013 at 11:08PM EDT
Aug 25, 2013 at 11:04PM EDT
Quote

@Gordon

Now here you were just taking words out of my mouth. Sorry, but I’m gonna have to address that.

Honestly, what’s so strange about liking anthro cartoon animals?

I didn’t say that was wrong

this definition would suggest that lots of people are Furries because they like Tom & Jerry or Looney Tunes or Sonic, etc.

That’s not what I said either. I said, in simplistic terms: “Furries are people who like anthro characters” which is not the same as saying “people who like anthro characters automatically become furries”

Here’s a better way of putting it: ‘Furries are people in a fandom about anthro characters’. Fandoms are a choice so yes, you can like anthro characters without being in that fandom.

‘Furry’ is a noun. It’s just the name of a fandom and those part of it. Things that are ‘Furry’ are labeled only to identify them with that fandom. It’s not a descriptor for a set of actions or ideals. Neither is ‘Brony’. That’s why JJ’s argument failed.

…I know lots of people who like stuff like that and I’d hardly call them Furries for doing so. >_>

I know, like myself. I like anthro characters and I find Furry art interesting. But I’m not a Furry because I’m not in that fandom, I never joined that community and I don’t identify with the label. That’s all there is to it, when it comes to bearing that label. This is not a difficult concept to grasp

I have nothing against those who are turned on by such things, but any way you cut it, that’s far more “different” (and label-worthy) than liking something so basic and common in beloved cartoons and similar things.

It already has it own label: It’s called Yiff. ‘Furry’ is a separate label with a different definition. Don’t mix the two, or else you are no better than the people who assume all bronies are cloppers.

Also, I have seen Furries who like “feral” characters, that aren’t anthro but are just talking cartoon animals… Like MLP Ponies. If they’re Furries for liking those sort of characters, then wouldn’t all Bronies be Furries by definition, rather than just the Cloppers.

[slaps upside the head] Stop using Jolly Jews logic

In any case, it’s goofy to say that MLP isn’t covered by the Furry Fandom, but Bronies aren’t Furries for liking it. Much like how Sonic is covered by the fandom but Sonic fans aren’t Furries by definition.

Good. At least were on the same page with this.


@SmileHD

What are you guys talking about? That video was adorable

But seriously. Are me and Ric Tesla the only guys who watched it and just thought “Cool fight scene, brah”?

I see lots of people going “EWWW GOOORE, BLEEEEH. WHAT’S THE POINT OF THIS?”

The point was “lolponkiefightsceneharhar”. It’s just a fight scene, you aren’t supposed to think too deeply about what it’s plot, message or conveyance is because it’s not supposed to be anything other than a fight scene. Seriously.

Maybe I just look at it that way because I’m desensitized to gore and so were the makers. I’m used to seeing tons of violent bloody brutality in video games and I don’t see SmileHD as anything different from all the SO MUCH BLOOD I’m exposed to every day.

In other words I don’t take it seriously. Dunno about you guys.

Last edited Aug 26, 2013 at 12:16AM EDT
Aug 26, 2013 at 12:01AM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

ok, im being presistant because so far i got no straight answer, the closest to it so far was from bluescreen but as soon as i replied to him i got karma bombed so i went back to square zero.

so let me re-phrase this question. why are bronies hate being compared to furries so much despite sharing a lot of behaviors and norms?

the answer i got from bluescreen, is that because they are very different at their core so the saying that one is the same as the other is wrong.

ok. but why are you guys being offended from a mere comparison? some guy on the 85th page said that he doesn’t care what people compare him to. why can’t others share that opinion?

this comparison to pedophilia is outrageous beacause pedophilia is MORALLY WRONG. so please dont bring stuff like that into the arguement

also: @CrashGordon94
NOT EVERYONE IN THE FANDOM DOES THAT!”

not everyone, but most do. i think it’s clear to everyone by this point that almost all the bronies clop – which brings me to the question that started this whole arguement

Why do Bronies not like to be compared to Furries? Well let me rephrase your rephrased question into a way that will more likely make you understand, Though I’m not going to spend too much time on it since I’m quite sure you’re just trying to provoke people, so I’m going to answer your question with a question:

“Why do the Japanese not like being called Chinese despite both races sharing behaviors an norms?”

Which of course I know the answer to as would most people in this forum, so the question is rhetorical, however I’m asking it to point out what your essentially asking, anyone who calls Japanese people “Chinese” are doing it out of ignorance, and similarly Bronies and Furries shouldn’t have to accept the generalization of both bases purely due to the ignorance of the simple minded who aren’t willing to do some research and find out the differences of both groups themselves.

Hopefully that will clear things up… Though I doubt it will due to the whole trolling element, you seem to want to read paragraphs of text of people trying to get through to you, it’s all just one big story to you isn’t it? if that’s the case then that’s what I’ll do. I’ll tell you a story. Can you hear them? All these people who have tried to get though to you. All these people whose devoted their time to you. Can you hear them? Oh you like to think you’re a god. But you’re not a god. You’re just a troll. Eat now with jealousy and envy and longing for the lives of others. You feed on them. On peoples comments, and their emotions of love and loss and birth and death and joy and sorrow, so… so come on then. Take mine. Take my comment. but I hope you’re got a big a big appetite. Because I’ve faced a few trolls in my life. And I’ve seen a few things. I walked away from the last great flame war. I marked the passing of the Time Lords. I saw the birth of fandom and watched as hundreds of fandoms break down, moment by moment, until nothing remained. No content, no friends. Just me! I talked in forums where the laws of physics were devised by the mind of a madman! And I watched forums freeze and creation burn! I have seen things you wouldn’t believe! I have lost things you will never understand! And I know things, secrets that must never be told, knowledge that must never be spoken! Knowledge that will make parasite trolls blaze! So come on then! Take it! Take it all, Have it! You have it all!

Though in all seriousness If you’re not trolling then you should understand by now and you shall be on your merry way, either way regardless if you reply or not and regardless of what you say, I’ve said my piece and so I like many others will just be ignoring replies from you on this subject, Since trolls feed on negative comments..

:

Last edited Aug 26, 2013 at 12:49AM EDT
Aug 26, 2013 at 12:46AM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Gordon

Now here you were just taking words out of my mouth. Sorry, but I’m gonna have to address that.

Honestly, what’s so strange about liking anthro cartoon animals?

I didn’t say that was wrong

this definition would suggest that lots of people are Furries because they like Tom & Jerry or Looney Tunes or Sonic, etc.

That’s not what I said either. I said, in simplistic terms: “Furries are people who like anthro characters” which is not the same as saying “people who like anthro characters automatically become furries”

Here’s a better way of putting it: ‘Furries are people in a fandom about anthro characters’. Fandoms are a choice so yes, you can like anthro characters without being in that fandom.

‘Furry’ is a noun. It’s just the name of a fandom and those part of it. Things that are ‘Furry’ are labeled only to identify them with that fandom. It’s not a descriptor for a set of actions or ideals. Neither is ‘Brony’. That’s why JJ’s argument failed.

…I know lots of people who like stuff like that and I’d hardly call them Furries for doing so. >_>

I know, like myself. I like anthro characters and I find Furry art interesting. But I’m not a Furry because I’m not in that fandom, I never joined that community and I don’t identify with the label. That’s all there is to it, when it comes to bearing that label. This is not a difficult concept to grasp

I have nothing against those who are turned on by such things, but any way you cut it, that’s far more “different” (and label-worthy) than liking something so basic and common in beloved cartoons and similar things.

It already has it own label: It’s called Yiff. ‘Furry’ is a separate label with a different definition. Don’t mix the two, or else you are no better than the people who assume all bronies are cloppers.

Also, I have seen Furries who like “feral” characters, that aren’t anthro but are just talking cartoon animals… Like MLP Ponies. If they’re Furries for liking those sort of characters, then wouldn’t all Bronies be Furries by definition, rather than just the Cloppers.

[slaps upside the head] Stop using Jolly Jews logic

In any case, it’s goofy to say that MLP isn’t covered by the Furry Fandom, but Bronies aren’t Furries for liking it. Much like how Sonic is covered by the fandom but Sonic fans aren’t Furries by definition.

Good. At least were on the same page with this.


@SmileHD

What are you guys talking about? That video was adorable

But seriously. Are me and Ric Tesla the only guys who watched it and just thought “Cool fight scene, brah”?

I see lots of people going “EWWW GOOORE, BLEEEEH. WHAT’S THE POINT OF THIS?”

The point was “lolponkiefightsceneharhar”. It’s just a fight scene, you aren’t supposed to think too deeply about what it’s plot, message or conveyance is because it’s not supposed to be anything other than a fight scene. Seriously.

Maybe I just look at it that way because I’m desensitized to gore and so were the makers. I’m used to seeing tons of violent bloody brutality in video games and I don’t see SmileHD as anything different from all the SO MUCH BLOOD I’m exposed to every day.

In other words I don’t take it seriously. Dunno about you guys.

As a guy who likes My Little Pony, Dragonball Z and R Rated Action films (ranging from Bloody and gorey shootem up movies to bloody and gorey martial arts films) I thought this video satisfied those three likes. I mainly posted it here as I thought it was well animated and a pretty cool fight between Pinkie and Fluttershy.

And you know what? When I was posting this on the forum I was wondering how people were going to react, at first I wasn’t going to post it because I thought people wouldn’t be able to handle the video and I’d end up getting flamed or some shit like that…..Now I can see that I got the reaction from folks I really wanted. All according to plan.

@Furries and Bronies. Okay, the people against the accusations are now starting to say the same things over and over and the people for the accusations are now saying the same things over and over. Can we please just stop the debate? Everything has been said already and everyone has given good points especially me so can we please just let this debate rest since we’re starting to sound like a broken record here. Granted, we sound like a broken record here all the time with the constant favorite poni threads but at least those were just pleasant conversations and not metaphorically strangling each other. Please, let’s just Dio with it.

Aug 26, 2013 at 01:21AM EDT
Quote

Couldn’t help but like SmileHD myself…

Coincidentally, majin buu was my favorite dbz villain!

The second time I watched it pinkie really reminded me of kid buu specifically. There were even a few things thrown in there that made me laugh like the text crawl at the end and rarity’s gravestone that looked a lot like the one memorializing squidward’s hopes and dreams. I understand why some people downright hated it and I imagine MisterDavie could open a chain of petting zoos with all these people’s goats he’s getting, but I think all the quality work that was put into it is a lot to overlook in judging smileHD as just another hurr durr blood orgy – I don’t even like pony gore and enjoyed this video a lot anyways mainly because of how awesome the animation was.

…and of course because it showed how vastly superior pinkie pie is to the others doh hoh hoh

Last edited Aug 26, 2013 at 11:17AM EDT
Aug 26, 2013 at 11:16AM EDT
Quote

I didn’t like SmileHD.The video box was too small to see the disclaimer, so I was watching it thinking “this is a lovely song” and then suddenly Pinkie killed Twilight, really wasn’t expecting it, though as far as pony-violence goes, like most mature things in the fandom, each to their own, but it’s not my thing. Not an anti-violence thing all together, I do love DBZ and Breaking Bad after all, just it’s not a portrayal of the characters that I would actively seek out and seeing it makes me cringe more then watching two 11 year olds on an anti-brony rant. Similarly I’ve never understood the fascination of cupcakes either.

Last edited Aug 26, 2013 at 01:52PM EDT
Aug 26, 2013 at 01:52PM EDT
Quote

I didn’t watch SmileHD yet, and from what I heard here so far, I don’t plan to. So, since I don’t have two cents, hoomanz.

Aug 26, 2013 at 03:57PM EDT
Quote

@Berry Punch

Yes, I post pony butts now. Shut up.

(I’ve been wanting to use this.)


@Smile HD
Haven’t watched it, don’t plan on watching it. I’ve never really had a problem with light gore in pony animations, but only when it feels justified or when it’s the punchline to a joke. If it’s just for shock value, whether intended to be humerous or not, that’s where I start to get turned away a bit. Based on what you guys have said, Smile HD sounds like it will have crossed the line for me.


@Jolly Jew
Oh, hi Jolly. I remember you from the MLP gallery. I haven’t been there in ages. How are things going over there? I see you’re still your old trolling self. Yeah… good times…


@Bronies vs Furries.
I don’t really have anything to say about this, but it did remind me of something. Not too long ago, I indirectly got a friend of mine (who is a furry) to start watching the show. All I did was say I was a brony and openly view pony-related material around them. One day friend two and three came up to me and said “God damn you, [Stunt]. You got him.” And it only took half the tranquilizer this time!

But really, they just happened across some ponies on a furry website, recognized them from me, made them their desktop and started watching. Now my second friend is going to give me $20 if I can convert my third friend. Wish me luck!

Last edited Aug 26, 2013 at 05:04PM EDT
Aug 26, 2013 at 04:56PM EDT
Quote

@Smile HD

As I said previously, gore for the sake of gore is one of the worst forms of “art” there is. You know something’s bad when even /mlp/ goes “that’s just stupid”. It really seems like nothing more than a shock video meant to troll people (as that disclaimer at the end seems to strongly suggest). The animation’s nice and that just makes it even sadder. Instead of making a really cool animation of a comic, or something original and funny, he opts to go the “edgy” route and do pointless [Grimderp].

I suppose if people were really upset by it, they could report it for violating Youtube’s TOS (“Graphic or gratuitous violence is not allowed.”). And I certainly wouldn’t be crying over spilled milk if Hasbro DMCA’d it for using the Smile Song without permission (I’m very certain Fair Use doesn’t cover AMV’s, which this technically is). My jimmies are only mildly moved. I’ll just toss it into the bin of things that’s caused some form of mental scarring, joining the illustrious ranks of that Tiarawhy video where Twilight gets bifurcated, Shed.mov, that fanfic where Twilight turns into a cloud to have sex with Dash, and the fanfic where Twilight--enraged by Ponyville’s homophobia--goes on a rampage that culminates in skinning Pinkie alive.

@Furry debate
Can we move on please? I’m fairly certain by this point everyone’s said what they can, and it won’t change others minds.

Aug 26, 2013 at 06:01PM EDT
Quote

@Berry Punch

Oh god! What’s that? Could it possibly be…






AHA! AHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAOHGODHELPHA HAAAAA~

I’m going to go look at myself in the mirror and cry for a bit.

Last edited Aug 26, 2013 at 08:11PM EDT
Aug 26, 2013 at 08:07PM EDT
Quote

I love how quickly this turned into a butt thread. I think I know what best body part is.

Also, Stunthead, doesn’t one of those gifs take place just before Pinkemena turns Berry into a hoodie? I like your twisted sense of humour.

Aug 26, 2013 at 08:28PM EDT
Quote

Stunthead wrote:

@Berry Punch

Oh god! What’s that? Could it possibly be…






AHA! AHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAOHGODHELPHA HAAAAA~

I’m going to go look at myself in the mirror and cry for a bit.

Aug 26, 2013 at 08:29PM EDT
Quote

Guess I better check on the thread.
I wonder what everyone’s been talking abo-


LOOK AT ALL DEM BUTTS!


Have some European Ponies!

Aug 27, 2013 at 05:05AM EDT
Quote

Okay, so after a long internal debate and a quick trip to my therapist, I realise now that I should let out all of my butt-related frustration in a safe, controlled environment before something like that happens again. So, for the final time, let’s all sit down and enjoy a nice hot cup of butts.










I hope you are now all aware of the dangers of pony butt. I was given a second chance, but many others have not been so lucky. I apologize for the de-railing of this thread and to those whose lives have been permanently affected by pony butt. Please view pony butt responsibly.

P.S.

Last edited Aug 27, 2013 at 05:15AM EDT
Aug 27, 2013 at 05:07AM EDT
Quote

I could say more about the Furry thing but I really shouldn’t…

I don’t want to post pony butt, so instead, I’ll post this.

Aug 27, 2013 at 07:15AM EDT
Quote

@Butts

butts

@Crashgordon

Dude, do you even Deadparrot?

Last edited Aug 27, 2013 at 08:48AM EDT
Aug 27, 2013 at 08:46AM EDT
Quote

Fifths wrote:

@Butts

butts

@Crashgordon

Dude, do you even Deadparrot?

Quit now Crash, there’s no way you can compete against Deadparrot’s plushie collection…..Anyone else find it creepy that Fifths has pictures of Deadparrot’s Scootaloo plushies saved somewhere?

Just run Crash.

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:25AM EDT
Quote

@The various euro brony conventions that I will never be able to see

The Britannia pony is hilarious. I want to see her do more things, with that accent. She should just walk around and say things in that delightfully awkward British accent.

Aug 27, 2013 at 12:56PM EDT
Quote

Fifths said:

Dude, do you even Deadparrot?

Somehow, I feel as if I’ve wandered into the wrong neighbourhood…
Honestly though, I was actually thinking of referencing DP when I first made that post.
Aug 27, 2013 at 01:10PM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

@The various euro brony conventions that I will never be able to see

The Britannia pony is hilarious. I want to see her do more things, with that accent. She should just walk around and say things in that delightfully awkward British accent.

For example?

Aug 27, 2013 at 02:00PM EDT
Quote

vintiezre wrote:

For example?

Pony Britannia should be the next Doctor. Screw that other guy.

Aug 27, 2013 at 02:07PM EDT
Quote

@Platus

I’m a big fan of Britannia Pony, but let’s keep it real, Britannia Pony could never bring as much class to the role of The Doctor as Capaldi ever could..

:

Aug 27, 2013 at 02:31PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!