Forums / Discussion / General

169,910 total conversations in 5,441 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9944 posts from 165 users

Spidervance wrote:

Gentlemen, it’s been a pleasure posting with you.

Oh hey guys, it’s been a while hasn’t it? What’s been going on lat-

>she transforms into a teenage girl who must survive her biggest challenge yet… high school
>survive her biggest challenge yet… high school
>high school

So an interdimensional horse wizard princess that is transformed into an alternate human form shows up, and the first thing that happens is she is forced into an educational institution?

Please accept all of my wat and why.

I just don’t even

Last edited May 01, 2013 at 10:41PM EDT
May 01, 2013 at 10:40PM EDT

@RandomMan:

>mfw I’m the last one to have a choice between more than one figurine

May 01, 2013 at 10:41PM EDT

@ Crimson
F*cking South Park! I remember that, and how hard I laughed when all they would say was “Rob Schneider derp derpdy derp…” I can’t even remember the rest!

BTW, who has a Steam or PSN account on here? Don’t, repeat, DON’T need a Steam ID or Playstation ID, just to know whether or not you guys have one. I have plans for you… but for now, time to look innocent!

Last edited May 01, 2013 at 11:05PM EDT
May 01, 2013 at 10:43PM EDT

@Crimson I seriously doubt this will be any type of fandom ending thing, but I doubt this show will make it. Highschool is the worst possible setting for anything. Especially cartoons. If they really have to go the highschool route hopefully they’ll go the X-Men Evolution route and have much of the action take place outside of the school. Not saying xmen evolution was a great show, but it at least handled the formula better than most. But this Equestria Girls thing threatens to go down the route of Monster High. I doubt it could ever be as disgustingly awful as Monster high is, but I don’t think the results will be too pretty nonetheless.

but as much as I’m bitching about it, I really don’t care as long as it doesn’t interfere with my normal pony consumpion.

May 01, 2013 at 10:49PM EDT

Yeah, I have a Steam account. How would I satiate my addiction to TF2 if I didn’t?

May 01, 2013 at 10:51PM EDT

@Equestria High School Girls

I don’t know how to react to this, so here’s a random gif

@DeadParrot

Uh oh, I’m a little scared to give you my address now, you evil bastard. Screw it, I still want that figure.

May 01, 2013 at 10:55PM EDT

Blind Follower: It’s not even supposed to be a show, it seems that this whole thing will just be a made-for-tv movie (like those Jimmy-Timmy power hours. Who remembers those? Just me? Ok…) Either way, while that “her biggest obstacle yet is high school” line is probably the stupidest thing to ever be uttered, I think it’s important to remember that setting and genre are not the core of a bad movie or tv show, bad writing is. Although, a setting like high school is very constricting and makes things prone to fall into every stereotype in the book, and so I will applaud the writers if they pull this off. If this does fail horribly, I will at least be here laughing it off.

@Mark: I do have a steam account… I’m keeping my eye on you…

Last edited May 01, 2013 at 10:58PM EDT
May 01, 2013 at 10:57PM EDT

@Equestria Girls

Nothing’s changed for me. Still just curious.

@markhaox14

I have a Steam account, watchu gon do bout it?

And since you have a gif that has Trixie in it, I was reminded of something I thought I’d ask you guys real quick, and distract you for a moment from DeadParrot’s awesome birthday giveaway. Lauren Faust recently confirmed that Trixie was originally a stallion. I personally think that could have ended up very interesting, and it certainly would have put a different spin on all that crazy Twixie shipping out there. What do you think?

Last edited May 01, 2013 at 11:28PM EDT
May 01, 2013 at 11:27PM EDT

Windigo with salad wrote:

@markhaox14
I have a steam account….

and I’m not Crimson last time I checked :P

Belly

Must rub belly…but can’t :(

May 01, 2013 at 11:41PM EDT

@Equestria Girls
I’m sort of in agreement with Crimson here.
On the plus side, this looks to be a one-time thing that will exist outside of regular canon.
I think most people would agree that the writing and characterization played big roles in attracting us to MLP (another show that most people would write off as supremely girly and lame based on the super-condensed TV Guide description) so if this show is done well, it could actually be some fun.
Or it could be a catastrophe of galactic proportions.
Either way, true pony lives on and we’ll all have something to talk about for a long time.

@Serious
Flutterbox it is!

I’ve run out of ways to transition to the next name!

(Thanks to Serious for reminding me that I need to watch UHF again.)

Crimson Locks!

Your time has come!
Since you just mentioned it a couple hours ago or so, I’ll assume you are grabbing the other Fluttershy Box to finish off the pair!

And that means we can immediately pick another name!
And it is…

markhoax14!

Here’s the list!

Vinyl Funko Derpy
Vinyl Funko Rainbow Dash (x2!)
Vinyl Funko Doctor Whooves (x2!)
Vinyl Funko Fluttershy (x2!)
Blu-Ray copy of Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony
Metal Derpy ‘Lunchbox’
Fluttershy Collectable Box with Promo Trading Card, Poster and sticker (x2!)
DJ-PON3 Collectable Box with Promo Trading Card, Poster and sticker (x2!)
‘Friendship Express’ DVD
‘Royal Pony Wedding’ DVD
Sleepy Rainbow Dash Beanie

May 01, 2013 at 11:44PM EDT

@ Dan

Running away from that for now… ask me anything else!

@ Fifths

@ Everyone else

First, need to get prepared for a firesale… I MEANSTORM! Waiting for Dead Parrot to finish…
While we wait, what’s a good way to get on the mods good side? I need to do the exact opposite so that I’m hated by everyone!!!

I would never intentionally get on anyone’s bad side.

Let’s see… so far, I’ve attacked General Grievous with a surprise attack by Dan (not Millennial)… need to plan who to attack next… it could be anyone…

OH, TOO LATE!!! IT’S ALL OF YOU!!!
EDIT: @ Dead Parrot
I… won!?
OH, YEAH!!!

I’ll take the Vinyl Box Set!!!
When this contest is over, check your inbox! You’ll get my token of appreciation and kindness.

BTW, why does everyone spell my name wrong? It’s markhaox, not markhoax.

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 12:11AM EDT
May 01, 2013 at 11:47PM EDT

@Dan

We all know Trickstar got all the bitches on his dick.

@Equestria Girls

At the very least, the plotline sounds like it’s steering away from anthro, so hopefully winged and horned humans will be nowhere to be seen. On the other hand, it’s another story set in high school, and from the blurb it sounds like they’re way over-exaggerating the trials and tribulations high school presents, which has me skeptical, but I’ll at least give it a couple seconds of my time.

@Mark

The Internet has bequeathed upon thee a name. You’re Markhoax. Give up on Markhaox. It’s a thing of the past.

What’s that about Steam? Too busy playing Steam games.

Ha ha, animators don’t have time for vidya.

Last edited May 01, 2013 at 11:57PM EDT
May 01, 2013 at 11:56PM EDT

@DeadParrot:

I am just so happy I won’t have to kill anyone for that box now!

But in all seriousness, I’m just happy to even get anything, especially cus if you still just had the original four vinyl figures I would have gotten nothing at all

We are eternally grateful

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 12:02AM EDT
May 02, 2013 at 12:01AM EDT

One of Lauren’s aborted episode ideas.

Whelp, looks like I’ve got a new story to write. It shall be called “Son of Verbose”

Does anyone else find it interesting that AJ and RD are the ones arguing about whether to tell him his origins or not? Doesn’t seem like much of an argument because AJ, being the element of honesty, would want to tell him and Dash, being the element of just blurting shit out, would also want to tell him. Doesn’t seem like a dialogue that would really take place between these characters.

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 12:21AM EDT
May 02, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT

I would agree, Fifths. It would make much more sense if Rarity, being the element of generosity, would want to let the colt be happy thinking he’s a deer while AJ wanted to be, well, honest.

Then again, Lauren said that Rarity was originally supposed to be the element of creativity, so maybe she wouldn’t be as apt to put Rarity in a generosity light. I don’t know, I’m just making shit up.

May 02, 2013 at 12:35AM EDT

@equestria girls news

Eh… maybe I’ll just pass on this whole thing. Dunno If I (and my shitty computer for that matter) can take over an hour of that.

@markhaox

You think that’s bad? I keep reading your name as “tomahawk”.

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 12:37AM EDT
May 02, 2013 at 12:36AM EDT

Iamslow wrote:

@equestria girls news

Eh… maybe I’ll just pass on this whole thing. Dunno If I (and my shitty computer for that matter) can take over an hour of that.

@markhaox

You think that’s bad? I keep reading your name as “tomahawk”.

Seriously, is it too much to ask to at least spell my name right?

May 02, 2013 at 12:53AM EDT

@Guy Trixie
Actually, I remember Jayson Thiessen revealing that little tidbit a long time ago.
A male Trixie would have been cool, but I think they made the right choice with their R63 gun.
Female Trixie draws a better parallel to Twilight, which was basically the big point of her original appearance.
Plus, straight shipping?
Ew…

@Deer Episode
Yeah, it did always seem a little weird that it was between those characters in particular.
Could still work potentially.
Dash of course wants to just blurt it out, but AJ ends up having a bit of a crisis.
She would certainly have the desire to tell the truth but she’s also always been heavily family-oriented.
Maybe she sees how much deer-pony truly loves hs current family and she can’t bring herself to break that up.
It might have been a good way to play with the nature of AJ’s ‘honesty’ (since she clearly does not tell the truth without fail or anything…)

@Faust on Twitter
I would like to officially announce that I hate Twitter.
Dan’s post up there reminded me that she was going to be answering questions again tonight for anyone who showed her a picture of their donation to the charity, but that she’d only be on until 9 p.m. PST.
Of course I come to this realization at 8:45.
Like lightning being released unto the heavens, I threw a donation in, screencapped it, and attempted to tweet.
(Note: Every single tweet came up with a little confirmation message saying that it was sent to @Fire_flye)

First attempt: Went right up to the character limit. Automatically detached my screencap.

Second Attempt: I notice the problem with the first tweet. Tweet a reply linking to the picture.

9:00 rolls ’round.
Lauren asks if she missed anyone.

Third Attempt: YES! YOU MISSED ME! WHY WON’T TWITTER WORK?!

Lauren signs off, thanking everyone for their donations.
I die inside.

Suddenly, Lauren reappears with a tweet at 9:10!

Fourth Attempt: Again ask if I was overlooked, even attaching the screencap again just to be sure.

It is now 9:45 and I have received no response to anything…
Twitter sucks…

(My original question if anyone was interested: Was Scootaloo really intended to be flightless? If so, what was your inspiration/plan for pitching her character like that? Thx! I really wanted to see what she would have to say about that… If anyone more versed in Twitter would like to make an attempt in my name and can actually get a response, I would love you forever.)

Back to business!
Vinyl box is claimed so we now have…

BSoD!

If you still stand by your request for a Vinyl Scratch box, it’s all yours!

And that means that it’s time for…

Actually, there is no #15.
That’s everybody on my list!

(I know I had said there were 16 at the beginning, but a couple people voluntarily dropped out.)

CrazyC, you did graciously skip your turn picking so you have free-reign to pick from the leftovers which just so happen to be the two DVD sets and the Blu-Ray copy of the Brony Doc.
Just give me a shout.

As I said before, too, now that everyone has made their choices, feel free to trade amongst yourselves.
I’m still trying to gather all the boxes I need and I’m hoping to get everything packaged this weekend to send out on Monday.
If anyone wants to make changes before then, let me know.

Also, if you haven’t sent your address information yet, I will obviously need that.
Again, just PM it to me along with a name to put on the box (does not have to be your real one if you don’t want it to be).
Most of you guys have already done so so don’t worry.
I actually haven’t gone through to see who I don’t have yet.

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 01:09AM EDT
May 02, 2013 at 01:04AM EDT

And with that, the gift has been sent.

Happy Birthday, Dead Parrot! I hope you appreciate the gift! Least I could do, especially considering how generous you were on your birthday!
Expected Reaction From Dead Parrot:

My Reply:

I hope it doesn’t turn out like that!
@ Everyone else

Steam accounts… everyone has one.

But NO!!! NO PSN players here!!!

Still waiting… when I make the preparations, you will all know of my plans of my kind… I MEANKILLING… UH… NESS!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Did I do it right?

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 10:40PM EDT
May 02, 2013 at 01:08AM EDT

Laud Piestrings wrote:

Get in line.

I’m still tempted to change my pseudonym to CrazySea sometimes. But no, that would be admitting defeat.

@DeadParrot
She already (sorta) answered your question with another person.

As far as the prizes:
I bought the documentary and DVDs, so again, not really in need of anything. The boxes were my main interest when my name was pulled. I knew other people really wanted them, though, and I can afford them on my own when some others can’t.

You did, however, have a couple people who asked to join in after you cut off the dead line, or they declined at first to better other people’s chances. You could ask them and see if they want something, or one of the other winners might like to have a little extra pony.

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 01:27AM EDT
May 02, 2013 at 01:15AM EDT

You gave away 14 gifts on your birthday? I wouldn’t have given out one Congratulations you crazy son of a bitch!

May 02, 2013 at 01:22AM EDT

@Steam accounts

Of course I have one. Who doesn’t?

@Deadparrot

I’M LAST! YAAAAAY!

I’ll take the last Vinyl box. So that means all that’s left are the video’s. I guess they are all yours.

I suppose nobody wanted those because we have the least clue what to do with them. Also I don’t have a blu-ray player.

Also it just occured to me that by giving out presents instead of receiving them, you managed to get yourself the best birthday present anyone could wish for: everyone’s love, attention and appreciation.

Sneaky

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 01:27AM EDT
May 02, 2013 at 01:25AM EDT

Laud Piestrings wrote:

It’s not my problem you chose a name that ends up being very similar to another work. What does haox even mean, anyway?

I’m just gonna call you Mark

@Crazy: I would actually put a moon after your name rather than a C if I knew how to type a moon on my keyboard (eh, I just call you Crazy anyway)

You people need names that are easier to read D:

May 02, 2013 at 01:34AM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

It’s not my problem you chose a name that ends up being very similar to another work. What does haox even mean, anyway?

I’m just gonna call you Mark

@Crazy: I would actually put a moon after your name rather than a C if I knew how to type a moon on my keyboard (eh, I just call you Crazy anyway)

You people need names that are easier to read D:

What the hell does hoax mean?

And Mark is fine, but if people spell out my name, it would make me feel better if it was spelled correctly. (True, when I made my account two months ago, I thought of another user name, but by then it was too late…)

May 02, 2013 at 01:42AM EDT

Laud Piestrings wrote:

What the hell does hoax mean?

And Mark is fine, but if people spell out my name, it would make me feel better if it was spelled correctly. (True, when I made my account two months ago, I thought of another user name, but by then it was too late…)

Hoax, as in a widely dispersed lie.

I.E. “reports of ‘bigfoot’ in North America were found to be a hoax.”
Or rather, “I wish Equestria Girls was a hoax, but unfortunately it’s all too real.”

May 02, 2013 at 01:47AM EDT

@mark
Actual response:

Thanks a bunch!

@Crazy
Ah, she did ‘answer’ it…
Poo…
B-but she talked about other plans that she had in her head that she didn’t get to actually do…
Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to wait until season four where they will have to address it!
…right?

Please…?

@BSoD

Also it just occured to me that by giving out presents instead of receiving them, you managed to get yourself the best birthday present anyone could wish for: everyone’s love, attention and appreciation.

Sneaky

That’s just how I roll…

Now that you have discovered my secret, you may have to die, though.
Sorry.

@Leftovers
So Tim and Conner, since you guys were asking about it, if either of you want to jump in to grab a DVD or Blu-Ray just let me know!

May 02, 2013 at 02:06AM EDT

@Windigo

But his name isn’t ‘hoax’, it’s ‘haox’

It’s like Chaos preceded with Mark and the s is replaced with x because X’s are cool

@Deadparrot

Well okay, but be warned that the airport does check packages for anthrax and so your giveaway could be detained before it gets to me

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 02:30AM EDT
May 02, 2013 at 02:28AM EDT

@ BSoD
OH…MY… HE…HE GOT IT!!!

Someone does understand me!!!

OK, guys! New Topic! Since Animaniacs got reintroduced to the Hub, what do you think about a crossover between the two?
I would absolutely be interested to see it, and would probably laugh the whole time! Animaniacs was basically my childhood, and I cheered when it got reintroduced.

P.S.: Can I be the life of the party? Or at least the party freak of this thread? Please…?

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 02:58AM EDT
May 02, 2013 at 02:43AM EDT

If Lauren won’t answer, fanon will provide!

@Animaniacs Cross-over
It practically writes itself!

(Woo! Two ridiculous and overused Scootaloo jokes in a row! I’m on a roll!)

@BSoD
But remember, these are ponies we’re talking about.
Unless they’ve developed some kind of x-ray cuteness detector, I can still get you right in the H’NNG!

May 02, 2013 at 04:01AM EDT

Spidervance wrote:

Gentlemen, it’s been a pleasure posting with you.

>everybody mentions the “high school” thing
>Nobody brings up the “new friends” part of it

If my opinion of Equestria Girls became any more caustic, they’d have to put up a NFPA 704 sign.

Sorry, Advance. Looks like Rarity will be a no show for the humanizations.

markhaox14 said:

who has a Steam or PSN account on here?

I do, which reminds me. I need to rename it, lest everyone finds out what “TSG” stands for.

Fifths said:

Whelp, looks like I’ve got a new story to write. It shall be called “Son of Verbose"

I am now envisioning a crackfic where Verbose gets married to another forum poster and they have a son together.

Crazy*crescent moon* said:

Get in line.

I’m still tempted to change my pseudonym to CrazySea sometimes. But no, that would be admitting defeat.

gets in line
If I had a dollar for the number of times people forget the “x’s”, I could run my own Forum giveaway with bricks of gold as the prizes.

Sweet Celestia, this is a long post.

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 04:35AM EDT
May 02, 2013 at 04:33AM EDT

I’ve been missing a couple days because I had this problem with my bowels… Let’s not get into details. (And I watched Iron Man 3! Great movie.)

Oh, more Equestria Girls info! If the whole Alicorn shitstorm taught me something, is that we should just let things like this happen. If it turns out good, yay! If it turns out bad, It’s not like we’re forced to watch it.

I wonder if Twilight will have to deal with keeping people from knowing she’s a horse from another dimension. Maybe I’ll get the insanity I’ve been hoping for.

Also, how can the plot possibly justify sending her to highschool? HOW?

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 10:28AM EDT
May 02, 2013 at 10:19AM EDT

@Equestria Girls
They’ll pick up a reference of Lyra for the Equestria Girls special thing, I bet you on that.
I’m being serious, they will willing do that.

May 02, 2013 at 10:59AM EDT

@markhaox14

I don’t know why, but every time I see your name I think of this

Also I’m probably the only person here who doesn’t have a Steam account. I do have a PSN account, but I never use it.

May 02, 2013 at 11:37AM EDT

Congrats to BSOD, the newest member of the KYM pony mod circle jerk.

May 02, 2013 at 01:03PM EDT

Congrats to Blue Screen for becoming a mod. I wonder if he’ll go mad with power and force Verbose and RandomMan to banish him to the moon for a thousand day ban.

May 02, 2013 at 01:13PM EDT

So it turns out Tabitha (and possibly other VAs) won’t be reprising their roles for Equestria girls? Sigh The one thing that I always said would make me definitely give the spinoff a chance was to see the main cast there…My excitement for this has finally gone down a bit (which hasn’t gone down since Spike the dog was revealed.)

May 02, 2013 at 02:20PM EDT

Keep in mind, that tweet xTSGx posted was back in the beginning of March, so we can’t know for sure yet what’s happening with VAs

May 02, 2013 at 03:27PM EDT

@Crimson
Eh, not really.
If all of the information that has been popping up recently is to be believed, Equestria Girls is set up to launch this summer.
Cartoons like MLP are ‘pre-lay,’ where the voice acting is done very early in the process so that the animators are able FTP animate to the actors’ performances.
Most of the time, they record their lines nine months to a year before an episode ends up airing.
(That’s part of why some actors have revealed spoilers at conventions. They talk about something that they did six months ago that feels like ancient history to them, but that has still not been officially released.)
There is no way that a major character would not have her part recorded just a couple months before release.

Good news?
Precedence has been set for VAs being ‘untruthful’ when it comes to future spoilers.

(There is no way that Tara had not recorded the finale yet in November when she made that tweet.)
One possible explanation of Tabitha’s statement: If this whole thing really is just a movie, then it technically isn’t a ‘spin-off’ (which would imply a continuing show).
She really is completely unaware of a spin-off because one does not exist.

@BSoD
Congrats, man!
Enjoy crushing the skulls of your enemies under your newfound power!

@Lone
Honestly, the possibility of a Lyra cameo/joke has me more interesting in this whole thing than any other actual element.
If it happens, I will never stop laughing.

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 04:01PM EDT
May 02, 2013 at 04:01PM EDT

Let’s not forget the very likely possibility of EG being a poorly disguised pilot IE a special or movie meant to test the water for a spinoff. You all remember the Rugrats special “All Growed Up” where the characters were suddenly in a high school setting and was devoid of the surreal and fantastic qualities of the original show (you know everything that made it good)-- after which the show “All Grown Up” was released? Yeah, this is Hasbro’s All Grown Up.

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 04:19PM EDT
May 02, 2013 at 04:15PM EDT

@Twilit & Deadparrot

Thank you, thank you. How many mods do we have in PG now? 3? :D

@TSG

THE MODERATION SHALL LASTFOREVER! MUAHAHAHAHAHA until a mod that totally is not RandomMan edits BSOD’s posts.

Wow, rude, blaming me for something I didn’t do. >:[

Hey hey hey! Get out of here! All of you! -BSOD

I can’t ban people though. And I can only lock threads under strict conditions. So my wave of tyranny will involve me ineffectively editing childish insults into RM’s posts. Then he would just ban me. I still several levels below them on the mod hierarchy

So until then I guess I’ll just use my powers responsibly, darn

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 11:36PM EDT
May 02, 2013 at 06:22PM EDT

@BSoD

Nononon, “Mwahaha” is an outdated evil laughter sequence. I suggest you should try another evil laugh.

How about “HOHOHOHOHONHONHON?”
It sounds lovely and takes less of a build up to start the laughter sequence.

May 02, 2013 at 06:46PM EDT

@Windigo

>Implying Rugrats was actually good.

GJ, BSoD! Couldn’t have happened to a nicer computational catastrophe.

May 02, 2013 at 09:04PM EDT

Blue Screen of Death said:

I can’t ban people though. And I can only lock threads under strict conditions. So my wave of tyranny will involve me ineffectively editing childish insults into RM’s posts. Then he would just ban me. I still several levels below them on the mod hierarchy

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 09:36PM EDT
May 02, 2013 at 09:34PM EDT

Well, Dead Parrot now knows my real name and where I live. I’m sure I won’t regret it later.

@Blue Screen

Congratulations, man. And by the way…

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 10:06PM EDT
May 02, 2013 at 10:04PM EDT

Disturbed B wrote:

Well, Dead Parrot now knows my real name and where I live. I’m sure I won’t regret it later.

@Blue Screen

Congratulations, man. And by the way…

No regrets. Ever.

My boyfriend thought it was sketchy that I was gonna give my name and address to some guy on the internet for the sake of a giveaway. I don’t wanna have to tell my boyfriend he’s right if I get an anthrax attack in the mail from a guy in California.

May 02, 2013 at 10:13PM EDT

xTSGx wrote:

Blue Screen of Death said:

May 02, 2013 at 10:27PM EDT

May 02, 2013 at 11:33PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!